LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1473, Blair wrote:Quick has been throwing shade at me (not just game-related, "maybe this is scummy" shade - actual personal shade) persistently - even when I'm having unrelated conversations with other players, he's still taking pot-shots at me. It's tiring.
You want to quote where I have done that?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1472, Glitch wrote:
In post 1463, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Do you think you've done enough such that a reasonable town player should be townreading you here?
You have some gall to ask this question when your entire game has been lackluster and full of fluff. Do
you
think you've done enough such that a reasonable town player should be townreading you? What are you top pro-town moves in this game? Sheeping onto wagons with no thoughts of your own?
If osuka thinks he's played his usual towngame, then I can see why he thinks people voting for him are stupid (or delusional, to use his exact words).

If osuka acknowledges that he hasn't played to his usual level as town, then I don't know why he's calling the people voting for him stupid. He's admitted that he's being lazier than usual this game, so I thought it was worth asking him whether he thought the metareads on him had any merit. His answer wasn't that useful though.

My question literally had nothing to do with how I think I'm playing. I don't think I've called people voting for me stupid

I think I am well within my town range and easily out of my scum range, but this playerlist doesn't have that much experience with me.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Glitch »

@Norway
- In addition to the case I made that CSF's vote on osuka is bullshit with terrible reasoning, why do you -- when you are wishy-washy on your read of CSF and don't fully trust that CSF has the town's best interest at heart -- immediately move your vote to osuka like this? You follows Cat's vote which was cast because Nauci made a
"~good argument~"
against osuka and yet all along you've read Nauci as scum. If you don't think CSF has the town's best interest in mind, and if you're not sure if CSF has the town's best interest in mind, why would you follow both of them onto voting osuka whose iso reads out confusing and null AF? Genuine question and open to having had missed a discussion on this or being wrong here but this didn't sit well with me. You've been my top TR this whole game and I like your genuine hunt, but this confused me.
In post 1038, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don't explicitly townread CSF as strongly as my other townreads.
In post 1148, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1147, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:VOTE: osuka

I think I prefer this over Glitch, who I'm not sure isn't just new town who scumreads people for not explaining reads.

Mainly sheeping Nauci's metacase tbh. I also think him forgetting to use his vote is scum indicative
You convinced me.
VOTE: Osuka
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:56 pm

In post 1477, Glitch wrote:
@Norway
- In addition to the case I made that CSF's vote on osuka is bullshit with terrible reasoning, why do you -- when you are wishy-washy on your read of CSF and don't fully trust that CSF has the town's best interest at heart -- immediately move your vote to osuka like this? You follows Cat's vote which was cast because Nauci made a
"~good argument~"
against osuka and yet all along you've read Nauci as scum. If you don't think CSF has the town's best interest in mind, and if you're not sure if CSF has the town's best interest in mind, why would you follow both of them onto voting osuka whose iso reads out confusing and null AF? Genuine question and open to having had missed a discussion on this or being wrong here but this didn't sit well with me. You've been my top TR this whole game and I like your genuine hunt, but this confused me.
In post 1038, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don't explicitly townread CSF as strongly as my other townreads.
In post 1148, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1147, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:VOTE: osuka

I think I prefer this over Glitch, who I'm not sure isn't just new town who scumreads people for not explaining reads.

Mainly sheeping Nauci's metacase tbh. I also think him forgetting to use his vote is scum indicative
You convinced me.
VOTE: Osuka
I think Cat is Town and I am starting to think you are just misguided Town.

My reads are changing so I see zero reason to end the day at this point.

Some changes to my reads:

Glitch might be Town here.
osuka is probably Town.
I was Null on Cat, but I am starting to think Cat is Town as well.
Norway is dropping in my TRs because something's gotta give.
GL currently Null

Same reads:

Blair is Scum
ND is Town
Looker is Null
Nauci is Null-Scum
mav is Town
popo is Scum

Bonus category that I don't know if it has changed or not:

Truth is probably Scum

Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 1476, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1472, Glitch wrote:
In post 1463, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Do you think you've done enough such that a reasonable town player should be townreading you here?
You have some gall to ask this question when your entire game has been lackluster and full of fluff. Do
you
think you've done enough such that a reasonable town player should be townreading you? What are you top pro-town moves in this game? Sheeping onto wagons with no thoughts of your own?
If osuka thinks he's played his usual towngame, then I can see why he thinks people voting for him are stupid (or delusional, to use his exact words).

If osuka acknowledges that he hasn't played to his usual level as town, then I don't know why he's calling the people voting for him stupid. He's admitted that he's being lazier than usual this game, so I thought it was worth asking him whether he thought the metareads on him had any merit. His answer wasn't that useful though.

My question literally had nothing to do with how I think I'm playing. I don't think I've called people voting for me stupid

I think I am well within my town range and easily out of my scum range, but this playerlist doesn't have that much experience with me.
1472 isn't about osuka, it's about you. If you misread it,
I am turning your own questions back around on you.
I know your question had nothing to do with how you think you're playing, it had to do with how you think osuka is playing. But it's hypocritical for you, a fluffposter, to criticize osuka for not having done enough to be read as town, when you literally haven't done anywhere near enough to be read as town.

So again. What are you top pro-town moves in this game, and while we are at it, why should we trust your own self-meta argument? Did I miss where someone else objectively confirmed that your past town gameplay lines up with your current play this game? (I only remember Blair saying that your meta makes you scum. :eek: ) Right now you don't have enough townie points to just say, "I'm playing like I always do when I'm town," and for me or anyone else to just trust you.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:10 pm

I think I'm town because:
- I try to understand people's thought processes. If I were scum, why would I bother engaging osuka in this scenario? osuka was at L-1 and multiple people had stated they were ready to end the day.
--- do you think I'm engaging people in good faith?

- I actually have real-time interactions instead of just posting in thread and ducking out
--- My stances are clear, and if you need them explained, I can explain them to you without having to think for a long time like I do as scum

- I take the time to look at people's past games like GL, popo and NDMath

- I don't care how I look, e.g. by putting popo to L-2.

I disagree that I'm a fluffposter. Maybe this was true early game or even mid game, but by now, I think I've posted enough readable content.

My meta is available for everyone to see. I even alt slipped
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:11 pm

In post 1479, Glitch wrote:What are you top pro-town moves in this game
btw, you say osuka not wanting to end the day quickly is pro-town in . Sure I agree in principle - but is this hard to fake as scum? Furthermore, since osuka was the most likely one getting lynched when he said that, do you not think scum!osuka would very much say this as well?
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Truth »

I still think we should lynch osuka. However, I realised earlier that part of my reason for wanting to believe he's mafia may be because I'd be a little upset he was town. I think he's unnecessarily harsh most of the time.

LicketyQuickety, I am not mafia! I was even voting for po for a long time earlier and you also think he's mafia.
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Truth »

The timing of osuka and Glitch's posts on giving reasons for why Cat Scratch Fever is mafia looks really suspicious to me. Is this something they could've prepared in their secret chat and then decided to post and push together? It makes it more likely people will follow and maybe they can save osuka by lynching Cat Scratch Fever instead.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 1480, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I think I'm town because:
- I try to understand people's thought processes. If I were scum, why would I bother engaging osuka in this scenario? osuka was at L-1 and multiple people had stated they were ready to end the day.
--- do you think I'm engaging people in good faith?

- I actually have real-time interactions instead of just posting in thread and ducking out
--- My stances are clear, and if you need them explained, I can explain them to you without having to think for a long time like I do as scum

- I take the time to look at people's past games like GL, popo and NDMath

- I don't care how I look, e.g. by putting popo to L-2.

I disagree that I'm a fluffposter. Maybe this was true early game or even mid game, but by now, I think I've posted enough readable content.

My meta is available for everyone to see. I even alt slipped
1. Engaging osuka:
If you were town, you'd do it because you were scum hunting. If you were scum, you'd engage osuka because scum's job is to be undetected and when osuka flips town you'll be able to point back to this and say, "Look how town I was, I was really trying to figure out if he was scum and I was just wrong." There's a motivation both ways so your first point is NAI.

2. Good faith:
I appreciate your level head and how you have been respectful, calm, and chill this entire game treating people fairly. Your lack of enthusiasm and emotion in your pushes aren't a towntell though.

3. Real time interactions instead of post and run:
fair point, I'll give you this one.

4. Clear stances you can clarify:
"Details available upon request" is still hella scummy to me. It's an easy way to coast through the game as scum only having to take a stand when asked to, rather than being willing to push the envelope like a true townie would.

5. You read meta:
cool story, not all of us have that much time and your life giving you the time to do that is NAI

6. You don't care how bad you look:
this is an easy argument to make as scum when you've messed up and done something stupid, and then you're like, "Oh look at me, I don't care how bad I look, I'm a townie!" LAMIST and NAI

So really the only valid point I'm taking away from this is #3. Depending on the player, I would read that as NAI as well because scum could make the same argument that they're engaging in real time interactions and that makes them look towny. Sure they're under more pressure but good scum should be able to do that. The reason I'm giving you some leeway is that your playstyle doesn't seem to fit with scum playing real time and being under all that pressure unless you're good at conning people, which you could be but it would be a little bit of a stretch in my mind.

I'm still willing to make that stretch because of the rest of the points I've made in my case against you though. I don't read anyone as scummy as I do you even when I take your point #3 into consideration. It's a stretch I'm willing to make and risk because literally everything else points to you as scum.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 1483, Truth wrote:The timing of osuka and Glitch's posts on giving reasons for why Cat Scratch Fever is mafia looks really suspicious to me. Is this something they could've prepared in their secret chat and then decided to post and push together? It makes it more likely people will follow and maybe they can save osuka by lynching Cat Scratch Fever instead.
I wrote my post before reading osuka's post. When I submitted my post it alerted me that osuka had posted his mirror and I skimmed it before posted mine and kind of winced since I knew this would come up, but I can't help that we both wrote down the same argument at the same time. If you choose not to believe me I can understand but that would be a really stupid move as scum to both make those posts, and I'd like to think I would play a lot smarter as scum than that. If I were scum I would have scrapped my whole post after reading that osuka's had been posted to not bring myself under further scrutiny.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Shrug

I think you’re in a bad tunnel if you think all of that is NAI

That’s not what I meant by good faith btw. People can get frustrated or even rude and still push in good faith. really what I meant was am I absorbing new information and reassessing my reads. Am I engaging people with the intention of making them look scummy or am I really trying to figure out their alignment or something to that effect
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:43 pm

In post 1484, Glitch wrote:1. Engaging osuka: If you were town, you'd do it because you were scum hunting. If you were scum, you'd engage osuka because scum's job is to be undetected and when osuka flips town you'll be able to point back to this and say, "Look how town I was, I was really trying to figure out if he was scum and I was just wrong." There's a motivation both ways so your first point is NAI.
Also I think I am/was the next highest wagon after osuka

If pressure is relieved from osuka in part because of my unvote, it’s very evident the tide would shift onto me.

So I wouldn’t give up pressure on osuka in my position
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1480, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I think I'm town
OMEGALUL

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1482, Truth wrote:I still think we should lynch osuka. However, I realised earlier that part of my reason for wanting to believe he's mafia may be because I'd be a little upset he was town. I think he's unnecessarily harsh most of the time
I’m harsh but never unnecessarily so

If I’m being harsh with you then think about all the reasons you’re giving me for that and maybe don’t do so much dumb shit next time

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:30 pm

In post 1482, Truth wrote:I was even voting for po for a long time earlier and you also think he's mafia.
Why should I care about this?

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:31 pm

In post 1488, osuka wrote:
In post 1480, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I think I'm town
OMEGALUL
Really

I obviously meant it as “I think you should townread me because”
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by popopopopopopo »

im ok with an osuka or cat scratch lynch
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1492, popopopopopopo wrote:im ok with an osuka or cat scratch lynch
VOTE: csf

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Main thing holding me back from seeing CSF as a lynch is that i don’t understand why scum!CSF would defend NDMath unless they were scum buddies. NDMath!town i’d assume scum!CSF would just let the wagon develop and become a mislynch.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1493, osuka wrote:
Voting twice to make your counterwagon look more valid?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1495, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1493, osuka wrote:
Voting twice to make your counterwagon look more valid?
maybe
VOTE: csv

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:01 pm

VOTE: osuka

L-1
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:02 pm

In post 1445, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1441, osuka wrote:i never said i think your progression is scummy. I said that there was zero progression to begin with, genius

the fact that you didnt engage my slot for 500 posts means that either your read on me is fabricated, or you had a scumread on me that you literally never thought to discuss with town. I find the second one much more difficult to believe
I barely posted for like >300 posts, so this is very not the argument you think it is.
In post 1446, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:*I barely posted for like >300 posts in that very interval you are talking about

Why are you ignoring this?
Your scumcase on me is basically debunked by the fact that I was away from the thread for a few days
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:03 pm

In post 1488, osuka wrote: