lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:05 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 331, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 321, votato wrote:tux is town. lilith is town? kanna is a bit townie based on first impression. but again, need a lot more content. morning is townish, but need a bit more. im less confident in morning being town than most games. could be the gamblers fallacy making me skeptical, or maybe its something else. but town for now. skitter gives me townvibes, but need to see more content. beeboy gives early townvibes? but has been strange. its page 13, so thats about all youre gonna get. that leaves a PoE of
{clover, midway, nahdia, raven, drusilla}. midway im not willing to lynch at this stage, but mostly because hes LHF and will probably be obvscum later on if scum. im happy leaving my vote on clover pending content from the other slots.
Three of your possible PoE could also be argued as LHF, two of which haven’t posted much content. Why is your focus more on posters with less content than more active posters?

This is pinging me a bit. It reads like, if I can’t push Clover, i’ll shift my focus to the lower content posters, which in general is something scum tends to do more than town.
By definition POE will include people who haven’t been sorted yet because they haven’t posted enough. Why do you have an issue with votato not having a townread on people who haven’t posted a lot? I think that’s a completely fair stance to take.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:06 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Also it’s a really weird conclusion to draw that votato is focusing on any of the low-content posters because he basically didn’t mention them other than in his poe list.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:10 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 468, Kanna wrote:
In post 464, Nahdia wrote:maybe i should reframe. it's not so much that beeboy is faking it as i have a feeling it's not how town!beeboy would react there. the aggression can be both real and also scummy. i maintain the "I see things clearly other people arent" is out of place tho.
a slight problem i have is i don't know how beeboy can otherwise react? he was replying to tux's push on him which is just...as you would do in a game of mafia. how do you think town!beeboy would react?

although on readback, i'm not sure what he meant by "see things other people aren't seeing" either.

@beeboy; can you elaborate on that?
External things were riling me up and I was expecting a faster reaction for ?????

I don't actually think "external things" is a very good justification which is why I don't want to press Nahdia for pushing me like this. It's up to them to decide if they want to believe me or not and if they don't want to then oh well I can prove myself later.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:13 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 339, midwaybear wrote:
In post 304, beeboy wrote:Also I feel like you are just lacking a certain level of aggro compared to the rest of the playerlist. If this is the style of game you like I think your reasoning and pushes should be more like leading the charge yourself I guess? I am not basing this on meta and more just your comment on the game relative to how your playing. Like to put it the best I can I think your adding on to what is going on / analyzing the field. While i feel like you implied you like the more leadership approach people are taking to the game.

I am not voting you because I am not sure I have enough yet but that is what is going through my head.
I do not really understand this quote from beeboy, but maybe his way of scumhunting is too bigbrain for me.
I’m with skitter on this one - nahdia didn’t seem to react to tux at all, only to beeboy’s reaction to tux, which links back to my hypothesis of scum being more at arms’ length from interactions
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:15 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 337, midwaybear wrote:I do not really get the votes on nahdia right now btw. The stance on beeboy's frustration with tux was fine to me. I can sorta see what they mean by that, but I still think beeboy is overall more townie. I don't really see why scum would try to paint it as a 1v1 especially if there wasn't a lot of momentum at the time.
Sorry I had two quotes up in separate tabs and I typed my answer in the tab with the wrong quote :cry: what I just said be in response to the quote above.

Repasted for convenience:
I’m with skitter on this one - nahdia didn’t seem to react to tux at all, only to beeboy’s reaction to tux, which links back to my hypothesis of scum being more at arms’ length from interactions
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:16 am

Post by lilith2013 »

lilith2013 wrote:Sorry I had two quotes up in separate tabs and I typed my answer in the tab with the wrong quote :cry: what I just said
should
be in response to the quote above.
Apparently I’m a pirate now. Ebwop
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:19 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 304, beeboy wrote:Also I feel like you are just lacking a certain level of aggro compared to the rest of the playerlist. If this is the style of game you like I think your reasoning and pushes should be more like leading the charge yourself I guess? I am not basing this on meta and more just your comment on the game relative to how your playing. Like to put it the best I can I think your adding on to what is going on / analyzing the field. While i feel like you implied you like the more leadership approach people are taking to the game.

I am not voting you because I am not sure I have enough yet but that is what is going through my head.
I do not really understand this quote from beeboy, but maybe his way of scumhunting is too bigbrain for me.
@midway: Beeboy was following up on an inconsistency between votato’s expressed feelings about the game and his actual play, and I’m always on board with following up on inconsistencies. What did you think beeboy’s post meant/what the intentions were behind it and did you think this post was scum-motivated?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:21 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 344, Morning Tweet wrote:Hm i mostly agree with this. It feels like a lot of players this game have similar reads, with maybe Clover and votato being the most controversial ? Both are some of my more liked townreads

Leantown on Tux. Votato, Dunn, and Clover i'm inclined to think are town as well. I have lilith there too but i forget exactly why.

Skitts gave me townvibes in our previous game enough to hold me off of her wagon when it really should've been obvious :X She has a handicap where i set her a bit down in my reads on purpose cause i think regardless of alignment she's going to trick me at least once or twice

Beeboy I mostly recall fluffposting as well as engaging with Tuxes scumread which i agree wasn't well founded, however, i think it's not inherently towny to think that since it felt pretty clear. Oh I do lightly like 296 though since he's fair to both Tux and Nahdia

i don't know anything about midway's scumgame but i am a bit wary of lynching them early as well based off my previous game with him
Any scumreads, MT? /what’s your current POE?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:32 am

Post by votato »

I think im with lilith here. Nahdia hasn't been great. But i don't get strong scum vibes yet. They just haven't done anything. Raven feels scummier. Raven could you provide an annotated realist please?
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:37 am

Post by lilith2013 »

? I think nahdia is scummy
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:40 am

Post by votato »

Sorry i agree with you that raven is a better wagon
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:44 am

Post by lilith2013 »

For your convenience, I have consolidated all my outstanding questions in one post!

Spoiler: @midway
In post 401, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 138, midwaybear wrote:beeboy can be town for now(not really sure why)
midway, did you ever elaborate on your beeboy read and why you think he's town? has he done anything that pushes you in one direction or the other since you initially said this?
In post 505, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 337, midwaybear wrote:I do not really get the votes on nahdia right now btw. The stance on beeboy's frustration with tux was fine to me. I can sorta see what they mean by that, but I still think beeboy is overall more townie. I don't really see why scum would try to paint it as a 1v1 especially if there wasn't a lot of momentum at the time.
Sorry I had two quotes up in separate tabs and I typed my answer in the tab with the wrong quote :cry: what I just said be in response to the quote above.

Repasted for convenience:
In post 507, lilith2013 wrote:

@midway: Beeboy was following up on an inconsistency between votato’s expressed feelings about the game and his actual play, and I’m always on board with following up on inconsistencies. What did you think beeboy’s post meant/what the intentions were behind it and did you think this post was scum-motivated?

Spoiler: @Tux
In post 402, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 158, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Wow, sorry I'm so late to the party guys. This game is moving fast. I don't like Beeboy's entrance at all. It seems to try and derail the momentum building on Dunn, before swinging into to defend him when he starts posting content. What's up with that? Why did you want people to say hi so much?

VOTE: Beeboy
This post feels kinda disjointed in relation to the gamestate, and I think might have been an attempt to swing attention away from the me/dunn/votato/skitter stuff going on - which I could see either as trying to derail a wagon on a buddy or like.. trying to derail the reads that the four of us were developing there.

Tux, what was your Dunn read when you posted this?
In post 434, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 241, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Hmm, I just don't know how else to express it. Like if you reread the game in context the wagon is forming on Dunn on page 1, and they aren't RVS votes. Beeboy makes an entrance on page 2, but says nothing. Doesn't even RVS vote. They post again at the end of page 3, only to reintroduce their entrance post. Content doesn't come from them till page 4. It's just so weird like he is there watching the game unfold but not commenting on anything, while the game seemed clearly passed RVS.

Besides all that.
I have town pings from MT, Lilith, and Kanna.

Votato and Nahdia aren't sitting right with me.
Weird that you still don't have a read on Dunn...

Spoiler: @drusilla
In post 433, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 216, drusilla wrote:
In post 179, beeboy wrote:This would be the play, find a hole then build a read around the hole you saw.
could you answer this please:
In post 167, drusilla wrote:
In post 164, beeboy wrote:Why is there a 25 minute gap between your initial read and the elaboration to it without new information?
In post 165, beeboy wrote:Basically what I am getting at is your retroactively justifying a read based on my thread opening.
do you think the elaboration was due to your/votato's reaction to the original post?
In post 187, Nahdia wrote:was kinda hoping someone would react to my first post but i guess you all just don't care about me. i see how it is.
In post 166, drusilla wrote:
In post 16, Nahdia wrote:just gonna say this from the top and maybe ill do better sticking to it: im going to be making an effort to limit the hours in which im an active participant in this game. i enjoy mafia a lot but i also find it exhausting when im constantly thinking about it which leads to apathy. please do me a big favor and yell at me if you notice im posting in the thread all throughout the day. i will be happier and honestly probably better/more engaged in this game if i can practice a little restraint.
why share this? i understand the logic of holding yourself to that but do you have an expectation of others actually discouraging you from posting throughout the day?
additionally, what sort of reactions were you hoping for?
How did the responses to these questions help you sort beeboy and nahdia (or how did you hope the responses would help with sorting them when you asked the questions)?

Spoiler: @beeboy
In post 437, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 296, beeboy wrote:I'm mind melding with tux on his other reads and that is bothering me a lot. Outside Nahdia I think their push on me is realistic but wrong, their opening matches a 1 note DM where we agreed our old playstyle were overwelming. Neither of which make Nahdia town but they both justify what they have done.

But we both agree Kanna and MT are playing like town and we both are getting pings from Votato without overly getting a scum read. And we have similar meta pools on all 3 players. Albeit I could be giving Kanna needless space due to noughts and crosses and I may just get slapped one day because of that.
Why is it bothering you? Are you no longer scumreading Tux because his reads line up with yours?

Spoiler: @Clover
In post 498, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 463, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 462, lilith2013 wrote:So are you townreading votato?
No no, what I'm saying is a referenced a town case against me to try and see if I got similar feelings to this game and I haven't got that. So, I then looked at his points themselves and I didn't really think they came from good faith
Can you explain more? What made you think his arguments weren’t made in good faith, and do you see a difference between my points and his? (iirc a lot of the points he made are along the same lines as mine)

Spoiler: @Raven
In post 501, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 331, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 321, votato wrote:tux is town. lilith is town? kanna is a bit townie based on first impression. but again, need a lot more content. morning is townish, but need a bit more. im less confident in morning being town than most games. could be the gamblers fallacy making me skeptical, or maybe its something else. but town for now. skitter gives me townvibes, but need to see more content. beeboy gives early townvibes? but has been strange. its page 13, so thats about all youre gonna get. that leaves a PoE of
{clover, midway, nahdia, raven, drusilla}. midway im not willing to lynch at this stage, but mostly because hes LHF and will probably be obvscum later on if scum. im happy leaving my vote on clover pending content from the other slots.
Three of your possible PoE could also be argued as LHF, two of which haven’t posted much content. Why is your focus more on posters with less content than more active posters?

This is pinging me a bit. It reads like, if I can’t push Clover, i’ll shift my focus to the lower content posters, which in general is something scum tends to do more than town.
By definition POE will include people who haven’t been sorted yet because they haven’t posted enough. Why do you have an issue with votato not having a townread on people who haven’t posted a lot? I think that’s a completely fair stance to take.
In post 502, lilith2013 wrote:Also it’s a really weird conclusion to draw that votato is focusing on any of the low-content posters because he basically didn’t mention them other than in his poe list.

Spoiler: @MT
In post 508, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 344, Morning Tweet wrote:Hm i mostly agree with this. It feels like a lot of players this game have similar reads, with maybe Clover and votato being the most controversial ? Both are some of my more liked townreads

Leantown on Tux. Votato, Dunn, and Clover i'm inclined to think are town as well. I have lilith there too but i forget exactly why.

Skitts gave me townvibes in our previous game enough to hold me off of her wagon when it really should've been obvious :X She has a handicap where i set her a bit down in my reads on purpose cause i think regardless of alignment she's going to trick me at least once or twice

Beeboy I mostly recall fluffposting as well as engaging with Tuxes scumread which i agree wasn't well founded, however, i think it's not inherently towny to think that since it felt pretty clear. Oh I do lightly like 296 though since he's fair to both Tux and Nahdia

i don't know anything about midway's scumgame but i am a bit wary of lynching them early as well based off my previous game with him
Any scumreads, MT? /what’s your current POE?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:45 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 511, votato wrote:Sorry i agree with you that raven is a better wagon
Do you wanna vote raven then?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:45 am

Post by Nahdia »

my reads are, in fact, surface level. that doesn't make them also not accurate statements that can indicate scum. i'm looking for scum motivation, and it's there in those posts i point out.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:45 am

Post by votato »

VOTE: raven
Yes, yes i do
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:48 am

Post by Nahdia »

lilith im having trouble parsing your read on me. is it just that i didn't respond to tux when... i was pointing out something i found scummy that beeboy did?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Nahdia »

like, there's a lot of slots i havent interacted with on this table!

-Zaphkael, 2020
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:52 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Did you have any read on Tux from the Tux v beeboy thing?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Nahdia »

have literally already talked about this!
In post 464, Nahdia wrote:to answer her question on tux: i did say i thought his entrance was a reach i think? but looking back, it get the feeling scum would be less likely to enter on something so.. elaborate?

-Zaphkael, 2020
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 514, Nahdia wrote:my reads are, in fact, surface level. that doesn't make them also not accurate statements that can indicate scum. i'm looking for scum motivation, and it's there in those posts i point out.
it's just more like ... there's a lot of things that's taken place itt
and i dont' inherently disagree that you've made valid points

my problem is more that out of everythiing that's happened those are the things you chose to comment on? it just feels really shallow and like vague surface-level observations that you've thrown out to make people look bad than actually like you're using these things to sort people. these observations don't seem to be going anywhere and given the lack of a broader scumreads they feel disjointed if that makes sense
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:59 am

Post by votato »

i think it's probably scum indicative that nahdia isn't taking a firm stance on anything.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:00 am

Post by Nahdia »

i mean, to be clear, scum could enter with something like that. but i dont think it's indicative in the same way what i noticed beeboy was doing is. so that's what i focused on.
skitter30 wrote:
In post 514, Nahdia wrote:my reads are, in fact, surface level. that doesn't make them also not accurate statements that can indicate scum. i'm looking for scum motivation, and it's there in those posts i point out.
it's just more like ... there's a lot of things that's taken place itt
and i dont' inherently disagree that you've made valid points

my problem is more that out of everythiing that's happened those are the things you chose to comment on? it just feels really shallow and like vague surface-level observations that you've thrown out to make people look bad than actually like you're using these things to sort people. these observations don't seem to be going anywhere and given the lack of a broader scumreads they feel disjointed if that makes sense
i mean i see what you're saying here skitter. but it's day 1, there's no mechanical foothold in this game, and it's a bigger table by my standards. im gonna plead with you not to read too far into my disengagement. what do you want me to comment on?

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Nahdia »

firm stances are for people who arent plagued by self-doubt!

-Zaphkael, 2020
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:06 am

Post by votato »

If you could take one firm stance on someone and justify it, we would have an easier time sorting you

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”