Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Starbuck »

It has everything to do with the time stamps. You keep referencing the pages like the time stamps don't matter. The fact that you're not acknowledging that the game was only an hour old, at the time of beeboy's initial post, is suspect. It's easy to come in nearly 8 hours later and call him out for saying hi on Page 4 and then make assumptions that he had to be watching and waiting for a whole hour in the middle of a week day. I don't know exactly what beeboy was doing, but I wouldn't get up in arms about someone entering the thread an hour into the game like that and still be hanging on to that now. The sheer fact that you're still defending your stance on this is problematic.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 950, Starbuck wrote:It has everything to do with the time stamps. You keep referencing the pages like the time stamps don't matter. The fact that you're not acknowledging that the game was only an hour old, at the time of beeboy's initial post, is suspect. It's easy to come in nearly 8 hours later and call him out for saying hi on Page 4 and then make assumptions that he had to be watching and waiting for a whole hour in the middle of a week day. I don't know exactly what beeboy was doing, but I wouldn't get up in arms about someone entering the thread an hour into the game like that and still be hanging on to that now. The sheer fact that you're still defending your stance on this is problematic.
He didn't say hi on page 4, are you reading his posts? Are you reading what I'm saying?

Beeboy said hi on page 2. But the page is irrelevant, what's relevant is his follow up on page 3 where hs says he's upset on no one said hi back. Meaning Beeboy was present, and reading the thread. At least enough to see no one responded to his intro. Now what that means, I don't know, but it IS what happened. Page 4 is when Beeboy finally got involved in the discussion.

I'm not making any assumptions because it was all there on the page. Beeboy was posting during the Dunnstral discussion and reading close enough to see people weren't responding to him. If there is something else I am missing please let me know, because I really have no clue what you're talking about.

Also, I never read timestamps in any of my games. It's just something that doesn't occur to me.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

Should be active again now that work is settling down. When I get home I'll catch up
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

I mean Page 2, not Page 4. In the middle of work stuff, but response upon my return.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Kanna »

Didn’t feel like playing mafia yesterday, will catch up soon
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 940, Nahdia wrote:why as town would you not just think... he's scummy because x, and is therefore scum? or why not think perhaps he IS too scummy to be scum, and is therefore town? he continues down this path many steps, not keeping his read too surface level, but instead overcomplicating it.
people were townreading him, so I just said that I disagreed with that specific line of logic.
In post 885, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Midwaybear why did I have to ask you to vote? What is it you don't understand about the Nahdia case? Where do you think Dunn stopped scum hunting?
Well, I don't super scumread Dunnstral so my vote was more to appease you. Regarding Nahdia, it seems to me that the argument against them is more about meta and less about defending raven right? I feel like her defense last night was valid. About Dunn not scum hunting, he hasn't really been posting anymore so ofc he can't be scumhunting! But yeah, his comments on lillith were the best from him. I'll take a look later.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Why are you trying to 'appease him'
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 944, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Beeboy you mentioned you prewrite your entry. I wish that was something you mentioned earlier. What parts of this game were preplanned from you?
Uh, not much this game I just had that one hey hey meme....

I am testing out a few tells right now which I guess would make it easier to fake a read if a townie ends up doing them, but that's just the fundamentals of playing mafia. I am interested in cutting down my post quantity recently!! I used to post oppressive amounts, I remember one time I was 1/3rd of the posts in a large theme.... I think I am doing alright.

Right now I think it would be best if we all just settle down a bit while we wait for opinions from some stragglers who aren't caught up right now. Since we are nearing EoD.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 956, Dunnstral wrote:Why are you trying to 'appease him'
cuz he was asking me why I wasn't voting, so I voted you
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 839, lilith2013 wrote:I was super confused by how I read it and I thought that meant there was a huge hole in skitter’s argument (that raven liking being defended = scummy but that wasn’t what skitter was trying to say)
how did you read it? i ask because i don't know how you misunderstood it for you to come to that conclusion

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 855, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Kanna, Nahdia, and Raven, why are you voting Skitter? It seems odd that Skitter points out that she thinks Nahdia and Raven might be scum together, and they both end up voting her together.
i feel like it's been overexplained at this point, were you following our interactions? basically, i felt like skitter's partner push was agenda-y and there were parts of it that didn't add up which made me think it could be faked. also, raven/nahdia both didn't look good at the time, which would make sense for scum motivation.

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 855, Tuxedo Mask wrote:It seems odd that Skitter points out that she thinks Nahdia and Raven might be scum together, and they both end up voting her together.
Actually, ^ suggests you were following i think? does that mean you disagree? or why did you ask this question?

maybe it's because it's been a while though, i want to revisit it to see if i feel as strongly about it.

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 864, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Especially useful when three people are voting a townie player.
What was this referring to?

Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 960, Kanna wrote:
In post 855, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Kanna, Nahdia, and Raven, why are you voting Skitter? It seems odd that Skitter points out that she thinks Nahdia and Raven might be scum together, and they both end up voting her together.
i feel like it's been overexplained at this point, were you following our interactions? basically, i felt like skitter's partner push was agenda-y and there were parts of it that didn't add up which made me think it could be faked. also, raven/nahdia both didn't look good at the time, which would make sense for scum motivation.
Yes, I was following.
In post 961, Kanna wrote:
In post 855, Tuxedo Mask wrote:It seems odd that Skitter points out that she thinks Nahdia and Raven might be scum together, and they both end up voting her together.
Actually, ^ suggests you were following i think? does that mean you disagree? or why did you ask this question?

maybe it's because it's been a while though, i want to revisit it to see if i feel as strongly about it.
It wasn't a question? Just an observation. Skitter says it looks like Raven and Nahdia are working together. Raven and Nahdia both go after Skitter for it. I guess it's just one of those things that demonstrates her point.
In post 962, Kanna wrote:
In post 864, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Especially useful when three people are voting a townie player.
What was this referring to?
I had a town read on Skitter. So when three people were voting someone I have a town read of I'm interested in hearing them restate their case. That's what the whole post this quote is from is about.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 883, Starbuck wrote:What's wrong with that though? Can she not condense and address all of her thoughts in one post? You're seemingly going after her because you don't like the way she formats.
i mean tbf this is partially why you're shading lilith ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 890, Nahdia wrote:i did not finish writing about skitter before i hit submit. i was talking about unsettlement. in mbos, skitter was pushing me for a reason i felt was... kind of strange and bad, though maybe not entirely invalid. it turns out, she was scumthere and was being opportunistic. in this instance, she is pushing me more on meta, which i actally think is, perhaps more believable. and as i have said previously, her actual content i hve townread. but in mbos i came around to thinking her content was towny too, and it was not to be...
a) reading drunk!nahdia is amusing!
b) is the main reason ur voting me rn because i formed an associative without forming an individual read on raven?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 963, Tuxedo Mask wrote:It wasn't a question? Just an observation. Skitter says it looks like Raven and Nahdia are working together. Raven and Nahdia both go after Skitter for it. I guess it's just one of those things that demonstrates her point.
I meant the previous question - if you were following, then why did you ask it? it didn't seem to need asking, is what i'm saying.

also i thought that was addressed to skitter for a nahdia vote?

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 893, Morning Tweet wrote:Do you have any other reasons to have drusilla as such a good tr?
i guess not really? can i just chalk it up to a soulread? i'm just having a really hard time seeing scum!her post this way
Show
Hiatus once more.

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Kanna »

all @drusilla's post
In post 865, drusilla wrote:seems to serve the same purpose to me. like you were searching for something to scumread or for someone else to scumread, and given the situation of the game (no strong wagon) it felt like what mafia would be looking to do.
i think the more likely answer is: you ask closed questions when there is something specific you want to know, and open questions when you don't. i don't like trying to attach scum motivation to simple actions because i think that can go for almost anything. do you really think this read is reliable? although, the fact that you did bring up your own game with this makes me feel like you prepared it as backup if this conversation got to this stage
In post 865, drusilla wrote:i don't see any buddying or distancing from skitter in the early game events surrounding her and dunnstral and i don't think that is an opportunity scum!skitter would miss with the game focused on her and she did not accept a potential reason for townreading her when given the option. that seems to far outweigh her talking nicely about lilith/beeboy/me and pointing out potential associatives even if you think those associatives are weak. so it felt like you were working toward the conclusion 'skitter is mafia', not evaluating her.
what's your experience with skitter? how familiar are you with her play? do you think i should have picked up on this and townread her? i don't understand your conclusion at all
In post 865, drusilla wrote:is this... true? i looked through your games and couldn't find a similar instance of you creating a limited subset to scumhunt within and then solely doing so.
yes? i think i'm playing pretty normally, although thinking back, i did post a readlist which i don't normally do which i feel like most of this is based on. what do you think if i told you i just felt like posting one this time?

i have to admit i was lazy and didn't get around to those past games, but i will do soon.
In post 865, drusilla wrote:i do not have one unified theory but rather various thoughts to weigh against eachother. post 622 is + partner equity for you/beeboy because it stands out from your other elaborations. and if beeboy and nahdia are partners, it makes sense for nahdia to say you are town because of your townread of beeboy because then you are more likely to defend him in this situation as well. and if you and nahdia are partners, it makes sense for nahdia to say you are town because of your townread of beeboy because then beeboy is more likely to defend you. it doesn't seem all that likely that all three of you are mafia, but it seems extremely coincidental that nahdia's response to my scumread of you and beeboy was to say you are town because of your townread of beeboy, especially since that didn't seem like an excessively towny post to me.
this could be me being dumb but i still don't know why that means anything. in my question, i wanted you to explain what your theory was when you said it "stood out" - do you think in this situation all three of us are mafia? one? two? and why do you think the actions taken would make sense in that situation?

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i think starbuck is kinda scummy
i dislike their 'timestamp' take
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 940, Nahdia wrote:i have looked again at midwaybear's ISO, in search of a counterwagon because i do not want to be lynched and maybe skitter isn't happening? there are parts of it i really dont like, but there is also content i look at and think "yes, i agree". but i suppose agreement a townread does not make. or, should not anyway. not alone?
if anything i think that midway is a bit of a lhf push ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 869, drusilla wrote:that post by nahdia seems so unlikely to just happen to happen to me. like i know going down this road has caused me problems before but if you said skitter and i were mafia right now, and nahdia replied that she thought skitter was towny for her townread of me, what would you think?
by "going down this road," i'm assuming you mean conspiracy theories, right? and if so, why are you choosing to go down this road?

from memory, i think you stepped away from these and focused on more grounded theories for scumhunting - would you agree?

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 947, Starbuck wrote:There's a lot of assumption from you regarding this and I don't like it.

VOTE: Tuxedo Mask
oh it gets worse
@starbuck i think is a townie post. i dont understand what part of it prompted you to vote him
Show
Hiatus once more.

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 970, skitter30 wrote:
In post 940, Nahdia wrote:i have looked again at midwaybear's ISO,
in search of a counterwagon because i do not want to be lynched
and maybe skitter isn't happening? there are parts of it i really dont like, but there is also content i look at and think "yes, i agree". but i suppose agreement a townread does not make. or, should not anyway. not alone?
if anything i think that midway is a bit of a lhf push ...
yes
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 966, Kanna wrote:
In post 963, Tuxedo Mask wrote:It wasn't a question? Just an observation. Skitter says it looks like Raven and Nahdia are working together. Raven and Nahdia both go after Skitter for it. I guess it's just one of those things that demonstrates her point.
I meant the previous question - if you were following, then why did you ask it? it didn't seem to need asking, is what i'm saying.

also i thought that was addressed to skitter for a nahdia vote?
Oh I see. I asked about the votes on Skitter, and I also asked Skitter about their case on Nahdia.

As I said I like asking because on one hand I'm kind of lazy and I think it makes the game easier to follow to have posts where people present their cases.

On the other hand, it helps me see someone's thought process based on how they choose to present their case. I think this game especially (to me) it feels like things are going at a fast pace, and there seem to a lot of instances of two or three people going after one person. So stopping to say "hey, what's your point?" could help separate bad actors from good ones.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”