Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Hoopla »

hmm, the old "
don't read any of the game upon replacing in
" idea.

haven't seen that for a while. bold from chkflip.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Hoopla »

chkflip, if you are going to act like a sheep, then you shall be treated as such.
In post 1799, iamausername wrote:seems a lot more likely that it was actually motivated by Hoopla's , which has big flashy colours and looks like it's probably persuasive and therefore makes a username wagon look more viable.
^iamausername is correct. please read my flashy coloured post. it was designed with sheep in mind.

the main options are KMD/iamausername. blair/UT/CLAP are probably the next tier. realistically, i'm happy to execute any one of those listed, but in the interest of getting on with game, chkflip; please switch to KMD like the good sheep you are.

thanks in advance.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i literally do not know who to vote. the case on kmd isn't compelling to me. iama is striking me as town. i have no more strong feelings on CLAP. and if i fucking vote off of that ill just get called a "vanity voter"

for some reason i do think my preference right now is to VOTE: Green Crayon and after that i'd probably vote iama simply because the kmd wagon feels lazy and low effort
green shirt thursdays
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1802, xRECKONERx wrote:and if i fucking vote off of that ill just get called a "vanity voter"
the further out of the mainstream deliberations your target is, the more you need to offer a convincing argument to move the town in that direction.

so, as it stands, yes, this is textbook vanity voting.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Is there any chance you'd like to share that reason with us Mr reck

I could be persuaded because I'm starting to be disillusioned with the popular wagons
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1777, Kmd4390 wrote:
Agar wrote: The only thing I said was that they were weak and that tonally your post felt that you didn't even believe in them. Your initial point in 1670 is regarding a weak bussing buddy theory that doesn't line up with your insistence that Starbuck is town - if Starbuck is town, then scum knew farside was going to get lynched D2 or D3 no matter what. In 2010 I would've spammed the thread with "cognitive dissonance" about this. Your CLAP justification hinges on the presence of an active role to fuck with an investigative's results - nothing about an independent reasoning. Your IAAUN justification based on 1490 is just bad. Absent context, sure it's a frustrated scumbuddy. With the literal post he's replying to quoted, you can see it's within discussion of farside's claim - LITERALLY to get farside lynched. Your UT read is uh... bunk. You give the most credence to this one (albeit handwaving about bussing position and talking about posturing to hammer on a speedy D2 is still fairly weak), but it's your alternate?
That's how I see the game right now. If you feel that's weak, that's one thing. But no, saying that I find my own reasoning weak is just plain wrong. When we have two flipped scum it makes sense to use associatives to find a buddy. Both Cantlynchapuppy and iamausername made farside votes that make sense as bussing a buddy who was going down. Iamausername also had a bad VP vote while Auro was in trouble. I think they and UT are the best place to look as a result of those events and looking at wagons.
You're not using associatives, you're hinging your reads on certain things. There's a biiiiig ol' difference there. Again - there's an inherent clash in your IAAUN/CLAP theories based on bussing when, by your own insistence that Starbuck is town and there is 0 chance she was gambitting full stop, they wouldn't be seeking out bus points because
farside was being lynched no matter what
. Your bussing idea literally requires at least some level of speculation that Starbuck could be scum gambitting. Your idea about CLAP's comment regarding an investigative literally speaks to hinging on a role such as a framer being present. Also, why was IAAUN's VP vote bad when Auro was in trouble? Why IAAUN's specifically and not literally any of the other players on that wagon?
In post 1777, Kmd4390 wrote:
Agar wrote: I've questioned someone else's own speculation about Starbuck gambitting and acknowledged in the question it seems pretty thin. But the way you wanted to shut it down read like you wanted to authoritatively take some credit for "steering" the town off something you knew to be less fruitful.
The speculation was dumb. We'd be idiots to eliminate Starbuck today and there was no reason to even discuss it.
There's plenty reason to discuss it if a player legitimately believes Starbuck was the type of player to take on a gambit like that. Something something something only a Sith something something something absolutes.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm with Reck in that I am not excited about many of the cases being presented. I think we need some compromise here.

I'm liking the increased effort from IAAU, though I disagree with his Morning Tweet/chk assessment. It's dismissing a mountain of scummy behavior for a molehill of town behavior. But clearly we need to come to some compromise here to avoid an apathy yeet.

People I am willing to yeet today

chkflip
Blair

Never going to yeet today

Starbuck
Gamma
Agar
Puppy
Reck
hoopla

People who I need to see a stronger case to yeet

kmd
GC
IAAU
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1797, VP Baltar wrote:
How can you like where his head is at when you don't understand what is being said?

I'm not giving you a free pass since your slot is most associated with flipped scum. I did not ask you to read any set number of pages, but you're definitely not walking on this day just sheeping onto a convenient wagon.

Pedit - get to work then and stop trying to strawman about how you're being harassed to read thousands of posts.
1. It's a flow sort of thing. You are correct in your assessment in my complete lack of understanding the specifics with which he is discussing; however, you are incorrect in your assessment that I couldn't possibly get a feel for where his head is at all the same. It's vibes, man. But don't worry it'll get better soon.

2. I literally didn't ask you to. This is my, what, sixth post? And you've consumed most of them with your banter.

3. The only one grandstanding this into something more than it is here is you. Have fun with that.
In post 1798, Kmd4390 wrote:Chk, a glace at the vote count could have told you how anyone would have answered that question except reck and Starbuck. I guess it gets you involved though so it works in that sense.
That's the point. I'm glad somebody's paying attention.
In post 1799, iamausername wrote:chkflip, it's actually Blair who is the scum, but for whatever reason, we're not doing that today. instead we're doing this

VOTE: Kmd

which, to be fair, is a very reasonable compromise. i have a hard time believing that his switch from Puppy to me today was motivated by the things he claims it to have been.

if, as he says, his confidence in his Puppy case was weakened by (the only one i can find that fits the description he gave in ), i am not seeing any sign of that in his initial response to that post in .
seems a lot more likely that it was actually motivated by Hoopla's , which has big flashy colours and looks like it's probably persuasive and therefore makes a username wagon look more viable.
That's exactly what a scumbutt would say!

No but seriously, thank you.
This
is helpful regardless of your alignment.
In post 1801, Hoopla wrote:chkflip, if you are going to act like a sheep, then you shall be treated as such.

-snip-

^iamausername is correct. please read my flashy coloured post. it was designed with sheep in mind.

the main options are KMD/iamausername. blair/UT/CLAP are probably the next tier. realistically, i'm happy to execute any one of those listed, but in the interest of getting on with game, chkflip; please switch to KMD like the good sheep you are.

thanks in advance.
I will keep this heavily in consideration while I come to my own conclusions regarding your VCA, Hoopdawg.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Blair »

I know you haven't played with scum!Blair, VP, but does this feel like my scum game to you?

Yeah, meta is garbage
is garbage
, etc. but beyond a Level 1 analysis of, "Blair opposed the Auro wagon and supported a Porkens wagon over Farside," I don't really see the case for scum!Blair here.

Of course I wouldn't see it, naturally, and the fact that I'm even engaging in this conversation is outside of my norms, but I would like to hear more about this. Get inside my head. Explain the Blair-the-Scum-Mastermind theory, please.

I exert a lot of control over the thread when I put forth the effort - do you feel like my interactions with the Auro and Farside wagons are indicative of scum!Blair genuinely trying to subvert those efforts? Or is your working theory that I'm just extra lazy when I draw a scum role PM? (The available data, while limited, suggests the opposite)
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Blair »

There has been a lot of speculation so far about the apparent dynamics of the scum team that doesn't fit my modus operandi at all (chiefly the "they aren't very organized, don't seem to plan out their claims and pushes in advance" angle - you don't have to believe me, but check the scum PT from the last Noughts & Crosses, I'm a meticulous schemer)
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by chkflip »

Holy WIFOM bullshit, Batman!

It's WIFOM bullshit!

Good thing I have my anti-WIFOM bullshit spray handy.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Blair »

Egads, foiled again!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Meta is trash
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1802, xRECKONERx wrote:i literally do not know who to vote. the case on kmd isn't compelling to me. iama is striking me as town. i have no more strong feelings on CLAP. and if i fucking vote off of that ill just get called a "vanity voter"

for some reason i do think my preference right now is to VOTE: Green Crayon and after that i'd probably vote iama simply because the kmd wagon feels lazy and low effort
In post 1804, Untrod Tripod wrote:Is there any chance you'd like to share that reason with us Mr reck

I could be persuaded because I'm starting to be disillusioned with the popular wagons
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1812, Untrod Tripod wrote:Meta is trash
Everything is the game.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1814, Blair wrote:
In post 1812, Untrod Tripod wrote:Meta is trash
Everything is the game.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

bluggggggggggh if I can't have a chkflip/MT yeet I think Kmd is probably second best

but I am going to be slow and grumpy about it and none of you can stop me
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1816, Gammagooey wrote:bluggggggggggh if I can't have a chkflip/MT yeet I think Kmd is probably second best

be the person donovan would want you to be
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1817, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1816, Gammagooey wrote:bluggggggggggh if I can't have a chkflip/MT yeet I think Kmd is probably second best

be the person donovan would want you to be
Donovan currently wants me to ignore this game and go take him outside

so lol bye for now
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1808, Blair wrote:I know you haven't played with scum!Blair, VP, but does this feel like my scum game to you?

Yeah, meta is garbage
is garbage
, etc. but beyond a Level 1 analysis of, "Blair opposed the Auro wagon and supported a Porkens wagon over Farside," I don't really see the case for scum!Blair here.

Of course I wouldn't see it, naturally, and the fact that I'm even engaging in this conversation is outside of my norms, but I would like to hear more about this. Get inside my head. Explain the Blair-the-Scum-Mastermind theory, please.

I exert a lot of control over the thread when I put forth the effort - do you feel like my interactions with the Auro and Farside wagons are indicative of scum!Blair genuinely trying to subvert those efforts? Or is your working theory that I'm just extra lazy when I draw a scum role PM? (The available data, while limited, suggests the opposite)
I don't think I'm trying to peg you on meta. I have noticed you being pretty reactive rather than proactive this game. Case in point: actually responding quickly when I mentioned you. Suggests to me you are reading the thread but only popping in as needed. You answer questions when asked, but aren't posing many of your own.

I just don't see you pushing a case. Which to some degree I get because fuck this game is exhausting when people won't move the way you want -- but I expect a losing scum team to be less engaged right now than town.
YOUR AD HERE

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Blair »

Guilty as charged - I check this thread often but post rarely.

But "I expect a losing scum team to be less engaged right now than town" isn't my style. I work best under pressure - it's hard to get worked up to put in the effort in this game when things are going so well.

Contrast this with my last scum game, where we were set on a hard course for a mechanical loss from Day 1 - I hustled hard and came within one vote of a sweep.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1820, Blair wrote:Contrast this with my last scum game, where we were set on a hard course for a mechanical loss from Day 1 - I hustled hard and came within one vote of a sweep.
How long ago was this?
YOUR AD HERE

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Blair »

Less than a month ago.

Here you go, one heaping serving of scum!Blair coming up: Noughts & Crosses | The Noughts PT
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1799, iamausername wrote:chkflip, it's actually Blair who is the scum, but for whatever reason, we're not doing that today. instead we're doing this

VOTE: Kmd

which, to be fair, is a very reasonable compromise. i have a hard time believing that his switch from Puppy to me today was motivated by the things he claims it to have been.

if, as he says, his confidence in his Puppy case was weakened by (the only one i can find that fits the description he gave in ), i am not seeing any sign of that in his initial response to that post in .
seems a lot more likely that it was actually motivated by Hoopla's , which has big flashy colours and looks like it's probably persuasive and therefore makes a username wagon look more viable.
So you're saying I voted you because hoopla voted UT which leads to you voting me? The link style posting is hard to follow so it's possible I'm reading this wrong. Probably likely actually because that makes no sense at all.
Agar wrote: You're not using associatives, you're hinging your reads on certain things. There's a biiiiig ol' difference there. Again - there's an inherent clash in your IAAUN/CLAP
Agar wrote: your own insistence that Starbuck is town and there is 0 chance she was gambitting full stop
I guess I disagree with you on what is going through my own head then. Lol.
Agar wrote: Your bussing idea literally requires at least some level of speculation that Starbuck could be scum gambitting. Your idea about CLAP's comment regarding an investigative literally speaks to hinging on a role such as a framer being present.
Suddenly you understand why I lost confidence in that specific point against Cantlynchapuppy.
Agar wrote:Also, why was IAAUN's VP vote bad when Auro was in trouble? Why IAAUN's specifically and not literally any of the other players on that wagon
His vote looked the most like an attempt to save Auro. UTs did too, to a lesser extent.
Agar wrote: There's plenty reason to discuss it if a player legitimately believes Starbuck was the type of player to take on a gambit like that
Since you're going to keep harping on it, I'll just come out with my logic here. If we voice suspicion on her now, scum might keep her around for LYLO and go for a WIFOM elimination where if we wait and see if she draws a NK and she keeps surviving anyway that would have been a pretty good sign she's scum. But by brining up the what ifs, we give scum more opportunities to use town-her in a way other than obvtown NK and we give scum-her a chance to explain why she's still alive.

VP, here's my list:
Willing to eliminate:
Iamausername
Untrod Tripod
Cantlynchapuppy

Could be convinced on:
Hoopla

Not interested in eliminating:
Green Crayons
Chkflip
Gamma
Agar
Blair

You're not convincing me to vote here today no matter what:
Starbuck
VP Baltar
Reck
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1822, Blair wrote:Less than a month ago.

Here you go, one heaping serving of scum!Blair coming up: Noughts & Crosses | The Noughts PT
I guess my point is that those types of fights from behind as scum can be exhausting. If I had to come off a fight like that as scum, I don't know if I could muster the will for another right after.

Not discounting what you're saying, but lord knows I wanted to say fuck this game when I was fighting for my life D1 after I had just finished our mini and spent many days trying to win a losing battle.

Anyhow, I'd love to see more bruising up the scum from you so I don't have to put up with the weird vibes. We can still yeet righteously on chk.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”