[3] skitter30:
Kanna, Nahdia, Raven Branwen
[3] Starbuck:
Tuxedo Mask, skitter30, lilith2013
[1] Dunnstral:
midwaybear

[2] Not Voting:
drusilla, Morning Tweet

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to throw someone down the well.
The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-10 09:18:09).
V/LA section. Joint mod iso.
Last edited by Hectic on Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1194, Clover Ebi wrote:@Tux the main reason I want to flip mid over Starbucks is yes, I have stronger feelings on Star scum but I can see my opinion changing on her where I don't see that happening on mid atm if that makes sense?
I kind of get this, but it isn't really how I approach the game. So like I disagree. In my headspace, I feel if I imagine a scum read becoming townie in the future I'm just thinking of them tricking me, because I still approach from the headspace of them being scum?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Hectic »

beeboy's had enough of Nahdia's horror films. He reaches into the inner pocket of his hoodie and looks towards midwaybear, and then the well.

Jump into the well, bear. Don't make me do this.

midwaybear looks a little uneasy. Did beeboy perhaps have a weapon of mass destruction hidden in his hoodie?

No need to do anything rash, let's talk about this...

Without warning, beeboy yanks a yellow object out of his pocket and hurls it at the bear. The object lands near it and
explodes

Spoiler:

Behold my beenuke! You asked for this.
Last edited by Hectic on Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1198, Clover Ebi wrote:I want to please all my townreads but I can't do that and it's making me overthink/my headache get worse and I know I'm just being entirely unreasonable and I should probably lay down
Why do you want to please your town reads?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

Shoot. Sorry Hectic. That's awkward.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1199, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Look I don't know Starbuck's life, but the fact their catch up took multiple days feels off. Like you said it was standard catch up, but it stretched from their entry into a game (which was early) all the way to deadline. That feels like a good way to be present while avoiding scrutiny.
It was 4th of July weekend. I did have some plans and some unexpected family shit that popped up. It took me a little while, but I got through and got it done with plenty of time to spare. I basically finished up all of my catch up by Monday night. It's Thursday night now.

I replaced in last Friday. It hasn't even been a week yet. I have more posts than drusilla who is sitting at 19. I've been participating more than Dunn and midway who are just gliding along and they started the game with y'all.

You can't sit here and throw this kinda shade on a replacement and not on those who started the game with you, dude. It doesn't work that way.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Starbuck »

So basically, I'm suspected because I asked folks not to flood the thread (because that was hindering me catching up) and for trying to work through and give as thorough a catch up as I could even when it became a slog? FFS. I can't win.

In post 1199, Tuxedo Mask wrote:And the timing of it feels off like they were trying to set me up as an EOD mislynch, then backed off and said it was a reaction test when others disagreed. Then they still shade me by calling my reaction to the test bad but unvoting anyway.
Ain't no one was going to join me on voting you, Tux. I wanted to say what I wanted to say to you and back that shit up with a vote because what you did was shady and hypocritical, as is what you're doing now.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I much much much prefer starbuck over midway
like i don't get why the midway wagon is even happening, whereas i have some significant issues with starbuck that i feel like she is not trying to address, but is rather brushing them aside

like even what she's been doing in the past few hours - she's basically stated she's fine voting literally any of the popular wagons
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i mean ideally i would want nahdia but i don't know if that's necessarily viable anymore
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1207, skitter30 wrote:like even what she's been doing in the past few hours - she's basically stated she's fine voting literally any of the popular wagons
I said I'd like to sort you and Nahdia because that resolution feels most important today. If it's Nahdia, cool. If it's you, cool.

But all y'all switched to me, so that resolution looks like it's not going to happen.

I'm sure as hell not voting for myself.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1206, Starbuck wrote:So basically, I'm suspected because I asked folks not to flood the thread (because that was hindering me catching up) and for trying to work through and give as thorough a catch up as I could even when it became a slog? FFS. I can't win.

In post 1199, Tuxedo Mask wrote:And the timing of it feels off like they were trying to set me up as an EOD mislynch, then backed off and said it was a reaction test when others disagreed. Then they still shade me by calling my reaction to the test bad but unvoting anyway.
Ain't no one was going to join me on voting you, Tux. I wanted to say what I wanted to say to you and back that shit up with a vote because what you did was shady and hypocritical, as is what you're doing now.
I've never brought your complaints about spamming the thread.

Right, but then you backed down and called it a reaction test. THAT'S the part I have an issue with. See you even talk about now like it was legit, but when no one agreed you were like 'well it was just to see how he'd react.' You can't have it both ways.

As for your catch up thing, I don't really want to harp on it. Because I feel it can easily cross the line. I'm just saying Beeboy is generally ignoring you for being in catch up mode, but I think you've been in the game for nearly a week so it really shouldn't apply.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by Nahdia »

VOTE: midwaybear

yes fine okay.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1185, Starbuck wrote:I would have gone there as well, but skitter decided to be all OMGUS when she's nowhere near elimination.
this is a remarkably biased and inaccurate framing of my vote on you
Show
Hiatus once more.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I did, though. I wanted to have your reaction in real time to me and not just reading it. I still think your reasoning is scummy and I still do, especially now that you're letting midway and dunn slide by knowing that they are reading the thread, but you aren't calling them out in the same way you called out beeboy.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1199, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Look I don't know Starbuck's life, but the fact their catch up took multiple days feels off. Like you said it was standard catch up, but it stretched from their entry into a game (which was early) all the way to deadline. That feels like a good way to be present while avoiding scrutiny.
lol?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

midway is like the quintessential lhf deadline wagon and i'm not super into this, i don't get where it's coming from, and i think it's just like .... a easy way of the phase without resolving any of the major conflict

i don't like it and i don't want to vote there
like if i wake up tom morning and he's at l-1 and my vote is needed for a hammer i'll vote but i don't want to otherwise
Show
Hiatus once more.

beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by beeboy »

What part of midway sticking to Dunnstral all game makes you want to defend him?
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1209, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1207, skitter30 wrote:like even what she's been doing in the past few hours - she's basically stated she's fine voting literally any of the popular wagons
I said I'd like to sort you and Nahdia because that resolution feels most important today. If it's Nahdia, cool. If it's you, cool.

But all y'all switched to me, so that resolution looks like it's not going to happen.

i mean i think you basically being ok with either me or nahdia is scummy
Show
Hiatus once more.

Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1213, Starbuck wrote:I did, though. I wanted to have your reaction in real time to me and not just reading it. I still think your reasoning is scummy and I still do, especially now that you're letting midway and dunn slide by knowing that they are reading the thread, but you aren't calling them out in the same way you called out beeboy.
One: Why would I keep pushing something that I already said I was clearly in the wrong for. Like my push didn't just get me scum read, it got people just thinking I'm stupid.
Two: What I said about Beeboy isn't (in my view) the same as what Midway or Dunn are doing. Being low engagement isn't the same as making everyone take the time to respond to your noncontent entry in a way the derails the game. I still know how Dunn and Midway feel about the game even if they aren't saying much or being particularly helpful. Where is the overlap between what I said about Beeboy and them?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1216, beeboy wrote:What part of midway sticking to Dunnstral all game makes you want to defend him?
i honestly have approximately no idea what midway's reads are but this just feels like a compromise wagon that isn't going to really help resolve anything
Show
Hiatus once more.

Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1217, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1209, Starbuck wrote:

i mean i think you basically being ok with either me or nahdia is scummy
Yes, it feels like a way to for scum to get both of you voted out if you flip town.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 1203, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 1198, Clover Ebi wrote:I want to please all my townreads but I can't do that and it's making me overthink/my headache get worse and I know I'm just being entirely unreasonable and I should probably lay down
Why do you want to please your town reads?
I trust my townreads to read people as scum correctly more than myself a lot more than you'd think
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

tux is really townie, in case that wasn't obvious
i'm also losing my dru townread a bit

pedit yes exactly
Show
Hiatus once more.

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

so a deadline wagon on midway as a counterwagon to starbuck?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

no thanks