Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2274, xRECKONERx wrote:and yes, if it's random kills, i'm likely dead before xylo anyway. if it's not random kills, i don't know, scum could be playing mega mindgames trying to leave me alive hoping to force me to claim what my info is
(good correct on xylo...old habits)

so, from your perspective, it's better info dies with you rather than it being public before endgame?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:47 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

absolutely 100%. it's the nature of the info specifically. y'all are free to lynch me if that's where majority feels comfortable, i know i've been aloof and disengaged. i don't have any strong scum reads, though tbh i don't think anyone does. but i'm just saying ahead of time if a wagon gets started on me, don't expect me to drop my info to get pressure off of me. it's better if i die with it.
green shirt thursdays
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Blair »

VOTE: xRECKONERx
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2273, xRECKONERx wrote:that's fine, vote me then.

also only one scum has a revelation and farside flipped scum so...
I don't believe that you believe this was a valid argument.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 2278, Blair wrote:
In post 2273, xRECKONERx wrote:that's fine, vote me then.

also only one scum has a revelation and farside flipped scum so...
I don't believe that you believe this was a valid argument.
which part are you disputing?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Blair »

The implication that Reck cannot be scum because he has a revelation when Farside was the scum with a revelation.

We don't actually know if Farside had a revelation or not, and we don't really know if Reck has one, either. The latter doesn't really apply to his own internal logic, of course, but the former certainly does.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2276, xRECKONERx wrote:absolutely 100%. it's the nature of the info specifically. y'all are free to lynch me if that's where majority feels comfortable, i know i've been aloof and disengaged. i don't have any strong scum reads, though tbh i don't think anyone does. but i'm just saying ahead of time if a wagon gets started on me, don't expect me to drop my info to get pressure off of me. it's better if i die with it.
I don't really want to policy yeet anyone. I'm just having a hard time understanding. I assume this info basically confirms you as town, and that's why you want to save it until xylo. Wouldn't being confirmed town help us just as much now and everyday you don't eat a kill? You being yeeted to hold onto that info seems to defeat that purpose.
YOUR AD HERE

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Blair »

He's saying he has information that isn't particularly helpful to town, but would be helpful to scum, as I understand it.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2282, Blair wrote:He's saying he has information that isn't particularly helpful to town, but would be helpful to scum, as I understand it.
Which is the exact same thing that farside said.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2282, Blair wrote:He's saying he has information that isn't particularly helpful to town, but would be helpful to scum, as I understand it.
this, sort of

it's more that the power from my information comes from scum not knowing it. the second it is public, it is useless.

lynch away then
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2280, Blair wrote:The implication that Reck cannot be scum because he has a revelation when Farside was the scum with a revelation.

We don't actually know if Farside had a revelation or not, and we don't really know if Reck has one, either. The latter doesn't really apply to his own internal logic, of course, but the former certainly does.
i mean i 100% believe farside had a revelation and was claiming it truthfully
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Does the info confirm you as town?
YOUR AD HERE

CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:30 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

1) would it be negative for town if this revelation was lost forever with your death

2) do you have any counter wagons or alternatives besides "yeah go ahead and vote me if you want"
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2286, VP Baltar wrote:Does the info confirm you as town?
nope.
In post 2287, CantHateAPuppy wrote:1) would it be negative for town if this revelation was lost forever with your death

2) do you have any counter wagons or alternatives besides "yeah go ahead and vote me if you want"
1) nope

2) anything i try to muster up right now would be me forcing a read out of nothing. like i said, nobody has anything particularly scummy sticking out to me.
it appears that scum probably went with a powerbus on Auro, which makes it even harder to get. i think that gamma is saved by marble's play alone. like seriously of the only people not on the auro lynch, you've got:

me- town
iaaun- flipped town
auro- flipped scum
tweet/chkflip- flipped town
clap- probably town or scum playing extremely well to the point where i dont think i can catch it
gamma/marble- ehhh?? marble was super town looking and gamma has been meh? but i cant point to anything specifically scummy tbh other than night action choice
blair- i had bad feelings on blair early on especially with the hard push on starbuck, but does being wrong mean someone is scum? no
kmd- maybe scum but i do believe the tracker claim

to me id be willing to bet the farm that scum AT LEAST double bussed auro, if not triple bussed. if the rest of the non-auro voters were all town, then it makes it pretty simple to start shoving lynches that direction for being on the wrong side of the vote, and presents a striking bussing opportunity.

of the people on the auro wagon, we've got vpb/agar/gc/starbuck/hoopla/ut left. porkens was town, farside was scum.
of this list, i really believe that starbuck had a revelation, and i also believe farside did too and was trying to use her revelation to get put in town pools, but was being truthful about having one. that would make starbuck town.
i still have big town vibes from vpb, plus he was the auro counterwagon, so unless scum all decided "let's all bus the fuck out of auro to buy vpb some permanent town credibility" he seems like an unlikely candidate

that leaves me with agar/gc/hoopla/ut. honestly the back of my mind is screaming at me not to fall prey to the ut/agar scumpair, but that's probably a healthy dose of personal bias more than anything. ive been memeing about eventually voting ut, but i have to admit... it's tempting. he made some comment about this, h/o
In post 1954, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1953, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1952, Untrod Tripod wrote:Yeah I'm pretty great
still yeeting u tmw btw
So let's say hypothetically we yeet MT and they flip scum

You're going to yeet me because I'm clearly bussing all my buddies? And I didn't take the opportunity to hammer a town tracker?
and it's like... you know, if scum did decide to whole hog bus the ever loving shit out of auro for credit, this is exactly the play to make. boast loudly about your play and gain town points for "not hammering a town tracker". i think that's why it sits so weird with me. but it's a lot of paranoia and conspiracy theories on my part to believe it's 100% true

hoopla struck me as town with some goodposting early on in the game, making insights i never would've made. i can't recall anything top of mind to make me think she would be scum though.

gc and agar are both part of this fucking weird tracker solve situation and i dont know what to make of it. between the two, id rather lynch gc.
green shirt thursdays
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Starbuck »

^^^ That is what I needed. I'm not voting Reck today.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

reck, I think you're just still salty about getting blindsided by me being a charismatic bus driver a couple of times

yes scum would take credit for making correct plays but like... they'd be looking for credit for it because it's good moves for town to make. I think it's 100% your paranoia talking here
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Green Crayons »

VOTE: blair
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Feels like she's holding back.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Blair »

What am I holding back, and why am I holding it back?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2289, Starbuck wrote:^^^ That is what I needed. I'm not voting Reck today.
WHAT did u need exactly
green shirt thursdays
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:35 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

im going to wait on answering reck until ive had some time to do a little rereading and develop some reads a little (tomorrow i promise)

on the question of nightaction targets: going to assume that trackers flat out won't see anyone moving if Vi is blocking the kills. but, uh, it'd still be nice if trackers would track some people who haven't been tracked all game yet, just to see what happens. i won't order that or anything because maybe scum could have someone who has already been tracked make the """kill""". (or scum could nokill?) well, whatever, it's probably not super important atm
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:39 am

Post by AGar »

Getting caught up a bit - hadn't sat down since Sunday.

- If the kill is what Vi handles, why did you ebwop "kill" to "skill" as part of the crumb? Why are you sure in that we wouldn't get guilties? Wouldn't, based on what Vi's answered and what we know, at least we see whichever mafia was carrying out the kill visit Vi?
In post 2177, Untrod Tripod wrote:it's odd that ABR would be the NK on night 1 and Porkens would be the NK on night 2 if the kills weren't dictated by the mafia
THIS.

Re, - I was well aware that Gamma
could
have been mafia even if he wasn't carrying out the kill - we knew there were 2 anti-town players left and there's no indication of multiball. Your revelation doesn't suddenly mean we all don't have a lack of any common sense.

is a bad post, brought to you by bad gamesense.

is Y I K E S, dawg.

Someone spell out to me why CLAP's information is definitely to have come from town? Like, all I've seen is confusion and a strange insistence that their information needed the results first that still doesn't track with the information that's been given.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2293, Blair wrote:What am I holding back, and why am I holding it back?
your roleclaim for one thing when I think everyone else in the game has claimed at this point

I also thought you'd be a little pushier with your reads given how you played in our game together tbf, but there's a number of reasons why that might be, some of which could come from either alignment.

I'm reading over the ancient texts so ya'll have some hype-enabling music
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 228, xRECKONERx wrote:i am personally down to vote anyone who doesn't list me as one of their favorite scummers.

getting town vibes from farside the strongest so far. hoopla is a mystery to me. i like hoopla's posts but... that doesn't mean anything alignment related.

MT has pinged me mostly on gut but i cant tell if that's bias against her posting style

@starbuck: what are you hoping to gain asking people a bunch of non game related questions
Hey Reck, can you point at the posts from farside that gave you town vibes early game if you remember 'em for me?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2298, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 228, xRECKONERx wrote:i am personally down to vote anyone who doesn't list me as one of their favorite scummers.

getting town vibes from farside the strongest so far. hoopla is a mystery to me. i like hoopla's posts but... that doesn't mean anything alignment related.

MT has pinged me mostly on gut but i cant tell if that's bias against her posting style

@starbuck: what are you hoping to gain asking people a bunch of non game related questions
Hey Reck, can you point at the posts from farside that gave you town vibes early game if you remember 'em for me?
idk if i can point to specific posts without an iso dive to refresh myself, but i do remember the general vibe of being she was taking some stances and putting opinions out there without being prompted as well as pushing back on other people about their opinions and it felt pretty bold for a scum game on D1 compared to the wallpaper of the rest of the game
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”