Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 348, Mikul wrote:
In post 346, Starbuck wrote:
In post 343, Mikul wrote:The fluff posting from star as a entry bothers me, it look like he is posting stuff just to post
I'm catching up and reading and annotating things that I find interesting so I can find them when I go back into my ISO later. Don't be this person.
To be fair amended this in my mind after I saw you keep posting. Didn't look at the time stamps and realize you were still posting currently. Thought it was a prior post and that was it
Literally, replaced in on the overnight and caught up today.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Mikul »

In post 349, Starbuck wrote:Mikul, I'm not sure if you know but there is a change on site to stop using "lynch" and use a different term like "eliminate" or "yeet" or "execute" or something besides that word.

They said it was optional for the time being. I disagree with this vehemently and actively oppose it but always use it when asked by people in the game. I'll try to use kick as much as I actively can process it for the remainder of this since you asked.
" I don’t believe in the gods’ existence. Man is the master of his own fate, not the gods. The gods are man’s creation to give answers that they are too afraid to give themselves."

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Mikul »

In post 350, Starbuck wrote:
In post 348, Mikul wrote:
In post 346, Starbuck wrote:
In post 343, Mikul wrote:The fluff posting from star as a entry bothers me, it look like he is posting stuff just to post
I'm catching up and reading and annotating things that I find interesting so I can find them when I go back into my ISO later. Don't be this person.
To be fair amended this in my mind after I saw you keep posting. Didn't look at the time stamps and realize you were still posting currently. Thought it was a prior post and that was it
Literally, replaced in on the overnight and caught up today.
Noted .I'm playing catch up as well. So was assuming all this was past posts. That is where that read came from.
" I don’t believe in the gods’ existence. Man is the master of his own fate, not the gods. The gods are man’s creation to give answers that they are too afraid to give themselves."

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

So real quick, because I think the multiple timers everywhere messed me up, we have 8 days left in Day 1? I thought it was 16 hours, but I think that was the prod timer.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Mikul »

In post 353, Starbuck wrote:So real quick, because I think the multiple timers everywhere messed me up, we have 8 days left in Day 1? I thought it was 16 hours, but I think that was the prod timer.
Prod timer. Mod will likely give an extension with this many replacements

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

ANIME SEIYUU-PICK EPISODE 1
VOTECOUNT 1.5

Tuxedo Mask
(4): , , ,
mastina (L)
(3): , ,
TheThirteenthJT
(1):
Battle Mage
(1):

Not voting (4)
: TheThirteenthJT, popopopopopopo, Sujimichi,

13 players remaining, 7 to Vote Out.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-07-25 23:30:00).

DAY 1 AUDITION
AUDITION CLOSED

Winner:
Deimos27

Winner receives (until end of Night 1):
(NIGHT, PASSIVE) You survive ONE Pick/Kick Out attempt.

The next Audition will start in Day 2.

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT
Battle Mage is V/LA until 7/18 (my time).
mastina is in indefinite V/LA. May find a replacement if not heard from her after (expired on 2020-07-22 12:30:00).

Still finding replacements for Tuxedo Mask and popopopopopopo...

Shiro, and Panther and Fox have (expired on 2020-07-17 02:47:38) to get back in the game.

Wow.
Last edited by Tatsuya Kaname on Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Mikul, since mastina has established a meta of multiple dozen games fakeclaiming mason
only
as town, on what basis have you decided that this is the game she is breaking against her scum philosophy?
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Mikul »

In post 356, Deimos27 wrote:Mikul, since mastina has established a meta of multiple dozen games fakeclaiming mason
only
as town, on what basis have you decided that this is the game she is breaking against her scum philosophy?

It's nothing about this game specifically but how someone can abuse metas and get a free pass. If you also operate under the assumption that someone "always" plays by their meta, it's very easy to get burned. Especially if they have an established meta and are very aware of this which she is

On the flip side pushing this does a few things

1) shows if she is lying which we can look back in iso and evaluate intent. Maybe she's vanilla baiting a nk etc. The information in iso is very useful

2) it prohibits scum (if she is scum) from having an out later and claiming as her partner If they make it alive later in the game. There may be no way to verify it then

3) also if she is scum If they commit to this Gambit and she flips scum , if someone claims it with her now it ties them together

So the question is do I believe if she's Mason

Absolutely not and that is true whether I look at it from a town mastina or scum mastina perspective

So there is no harm in forcing pressure on her to confirm this is a lie. Because it stops potential fake claims later and also lets us look at why she lied later without having to risk any threat of her partner being killed because she doesn't have one

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 345, Starbuck wrote:
In post 335, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 325, Deimos27 wrote:How long can I expect to see all questions and no reads from your slot, Sujimichi?
Until such a time that I have established reads.
You've been here since the start and there's 16 hrs left. Establish some reads. I just got here and I already did.
There are 8 days left. Please do not tell me when or how I should establish my reads. I have a process that I use.
Limited Access on Weekends
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 342, Starbuck wrote:Hey Sujimichi, can you condense your posts a bit? Also, why 20 questions and no real statement of your thoughts?
Apologies, but no. This is my process.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 343, Mikul wrote:But I'm still not moving on mastina. I may reconsidering lynching her if it's "her meta" but I really want pressure on the possibility of a second mason. To clarify I likely would still lynch her either way but I want to know if she's lying about that mason claim and I'm not moving off this
Would you walk me through your thought process on why it is beneficial for the second mason (if there is one) to claim at this point?
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Here's why we don't force mastina to resolve her claim today:
Spoiler:
If town!mastina = True, it's obviously counterproductive to resolve her claim. To confirm it as real requires another mason to out and gives scum two conftown targets for NKs when those conftowns would be more valuable later. To confirm it as fake undermines the purpose of the initial fakeclaim (I think we can reasonably presume that a town!mastina doesn't fakeclaim mason unless she thinks it's +EV, such as via the possibility of drawing an NK as an otherwise useless role). Both of these are
immediate
downsides (they impact the very next NK).

All the value of resolving the claim come from the possibility she might be scum, by sabotaging possible future scum fakeclaim potential. This is a
delayed
upside. I don't buy your argument that her readability would be substantially enhanced by getting to analyse her intent here (I don't consider that this would be a promising method, and there are myriad unrelated ways that you can still try to sort a scum!mastina here), but even that would be an upside that can easily be delayed.

In other words, if we pushed her up tomorrow, for instance, we would gain almost identical upside benefits against a scum!mastina as we would day 1,
and
we attain the bonus EV from a town!mastina claim, since an NK goes through. So the value of resolving her mason claim increases linearly with how many nights we can postpone it, though the returns are diminishing since scum value for fake confirming her also increases.

So even if it was rand whether mastina is town or scum, (the latter being much less likely just by base rate), it would be +EV not to resolve the claim today, and possibly tomorrow too (but I only need to convince you for today). As it stands, however, the claim actually creates a probabilistic town-AI presumption due to the sample size of her meta.

This means that town has a burden to identify compelling reason
independent of her claim
why she is scummy, before we can push her. As long as there is a probabilistic presumption that she is town, to force a resolution on the claim is a highly negative EV play.

This is also why I am pointedly not responding to BM's question to me as to whether I am masons with mastina, because both to confirm and to deny help scum more than they help town.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 347, Mikul wrote:I really don't want to Lynch tux

Can we please just lynch mastina. I'm perfectly willing to make that sacrifice if no second mason claims and she doesn't reveal her motivations if she is lying.

I really really really don't want to give clemency based on meta and then go for a lynch in tux that is a reach
Why do you have strong feelings on not wanting to eliminate Tuxedo Mask?
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 360, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 343, Mikul wrote:But I'm still not moving on mastina. I may reconsidering lynching her if it's "her meta" but I really want pressure on the possibility of a second mason. To clarify I likely would still lynch her either way but I want to know if she's lying about that mason claim and I'm not moving off this
Would you walk me through your thought process on why it is beneficial for the second mason (if there is one) to claim at this point?
Apologies. It looks like you answered this already. I will read that post and comment.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 362, Sujimichi wrote:Why do you have strong feelings on not wanting to eliminate Tuxedo Mask?
+1
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 357, Mikul wrote:So the question is do I believe if she's Mason

Absolutely not and that is true whether I look at it from a town mastina or scum mastina perspective

So there is no harm in forcing pressure on her to confirm this is a lie.
Since you already don't believe her claim, you gain no added value from her confirming it as a lie. You can just play the game under that assumption anyway. But in the situation you're wrong and the claim is confirmed true, it's huge -EV compared to status quo.
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Mikul »

In post 365, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 357, Mikul wrote:So the question is do I believe if she's Mason

So there is no harm in forcing pressure on her to confirm this is a lie.
Since you already don't believe her claim, you gain no added value from her confirming it as a lie. You can just play the game under that assumption anyway. But in the situation you're wrong and the claim is confirmed true, it's huge -EV compared to status quo.

Whether I Believe it's a lie or not doesn't matter. I may not be the person making the choice as to kick her or not. Locking that in as a fact helps everyone evaluate intent later in the game.

I also thinking having a second mason out isn't necessarily horrible. Sure it directs nks but there are ways that can even help town if we expect it.

There is one way I'd be okay with not lynching her and im not even sure she will draw that

As far as tuexedo , I just don't get scummy vibes from him. I also really don't like the wagon. There is a claimed tp that we can focus over him , I have no idea why so many people are so intent to get on him over gut reads.

The one thing that strikes me as odd is he clearly knew that vig was a reaction test. He over dramatizes it in 203 and reads Holden as town in 206. That entire interaction chain was was weird to me but I'm not sure it's kick him weird.

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Panther and Fox
Panther and Fox
Townie
Panther and Fox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Panther and Fox »

TheThirteenths post seems pretty ballsys to me on page 13. It makes me want to townread them considering the fact that they were going after a slot that seemed to be getting quite a few townreadis.
Deimos page top on 14 is my exact thoughts on the Suji slot but I wasn't going to say anything about it.
Panther and Fox
Panther and Fox
Townie
Panther and Fox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Panther and Fox »

I think distancing away from the Mastina claim is a good call, we now know that she does this over many games and honestly, it was pretty NAI to begin with. In my eyes it's pretty clear the inthet from Mikul was obvious and coming from a good place. Deimos are you disagreeing with that or?
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Mikul »

So let's say not mastina for giggles.

Why the fuck not panzer ?

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 368, Panther and Fox wrote:I think distancing away from the Mastina claim is a good call, we now know that she does this over many games and honestly, it was pretty NAI to begin with. In my eyes it's pretty clear the inthet from Mikul was obvious and coming from a good place. Deimos are you disagreeing with that or?
Nah we are agreed.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 369, Mikul wrote:So let's say not mastina for giggles.

I'd rather eliminate scum than a 3p that seems harmless, especially if it's 3p that can become strong town. They are a valid default/compromise, though.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 367, Panther and Fox wrote:TheThirteenths post seems pretty ballsys to me on page 13. It makes me want to townread them considering the fact that they were going after a slot that seemed to be getting quite a few townreadis.
I'd be more inclined to agree if he'd put his vote where his mouth is.
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Mikul »

In post 371, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 369, Mikul wrote:So let's say not mastina for giggles.

I'd rather eliminate scum than a 3p that seems harmless, especially if it's 3p that can become strong town. They are a valid default/compromise, though.

What makes you think he is not scum trying to eat night actions and results?

- Ragnar Lothbrok
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Deimos27 »

I can't imagine what scum role that might be, but the possibility certainly exists. Do you have reason to believe the probability is > rand?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”