Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 530, Bell wrote:Hi, catching up.
In post 532, Bell wrote:catch up 1. The bar for Norwee town is so low that he jumped into it merely by playing the game.
In post 534, Bell wrote:
In post 432, Joey_ wrote:And that guys, is why I tends to purposefully play null/bait scumreads on myself. The moment I start posting, there’s hardly anyone interacting with me/my content anymore
Skimmed page 21. When I realized there was 2 days left and all the people I suspect have barely posted. Caught up.
In post 535, Bell wrote:
Requesting prod of Starbuck, Jackal and NdMath.
In post 536, Bell wrote:Talk to me Norwee, Banana. From what I recall a stump is somebody who can't do anything, can they be mafia or only town? You've been acting like it from a tone post, but I saw that you don't like tone reads so instead I'll ask you if you could tell me what you think of RedTea, Beeboy hydra, and dumb and dumber if you don't mind?
In post 537, androgybee wrote:bell is town

~nahdia
In post 541, androgybee wrote:
In post 538, Bell wrote:
In post 537, androgybee wrote:bell is town

~nahdia
Expand?
bee felt radical rat was probtown. liked that you hit the ground running with a townread that i agree with.
think scum replacing into a fairly slow gamestate would be happy to just blend in, but you seem to want to make waves which i think is towny.

~Nahdia
On a reread, it even make less sens

Primo: How would anyone replacing into a slot would know that the gamestate is fairly slow when they just got the slot 2 minutes before posting.
Do you really believe that bell would've pre-read the game before knowing her alignement? Who does that but tryhards. She wouldn't even have time to access S pt and get the heads up of anything regarding the gamestate.

I think that it itself shows a scum pov because you are implying, that overall,
people would act according to the gamestate and be opportunistic about it
. This is not the first idea thats comes in mind when you are town and welcoming a new replace-in.

Secondo: You really feels like bell 5 posts makes it feel like ''she want to make waves'' ? for someone as brazen as you to fake an hardclaim, first post about a post-restriction with flavor would think that this kind of posting is ''making waves?''

Post 1: No value, no waves here
Post 2: Lowkey a tr on NEE but it's from meta and NEE is already townread, no waves here
Post 3: Lowkey scumreads, has hardly any content value as is, goes with the grain of the majority of lurkers being in the S pools, no waves here
Post 4: Asking for prods. I am just going to say that this is extremely common, NAI as best and scummy at worst. Is that post the ''waves'' you are talking about ? lole
Post 5: Talking to 2 universals trs ish implying she trs them (no waves)
Ask about mechanics (no waves here)
Then ask the tr'd people for reads, she is even showing that she is being apologetic/passive with ''if you don't mind''.

I mean, c'mon, hardly any waves
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Joey_ »

And on another reread, bell's posting is pretty bad

I will out a read list because are scumreading town
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by catboi »

?(ノ)・´ω・(ヾ) I was about to ask how agreeing with a popular townread is "making waves" but you beat me to it. I don't think Bell's posts are particularly bad in and of themselves, though.
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by androgybee »

In post 550, Joey_ wrote:How would anyone replacing into a slot would know that the gamestate is fairly slow when they just got the slot 2 minutes before posting.
.......they requested prods on 3 players.

~nahdia
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by redtea »

I thought bell's Post 2 was a lowkey sr, or otherwise being skeptical of trs on him.
I see what you're saying about Post 5, but. Isn't that obvious? Is he being purposefully brazen there? This could be challenging the common trs, but my first instinct is to call such brazenness a maf-tactic.
*Old account here
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by catboi »

ლ(∘◕‵ƹ′◕ლ) That's not a hard thing to do or a towntell? Would be the easiest thing in the world to do to appear proactive. Come on.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by redtea »

Anyway, what I came here for
In post 460, androgybee wrote:Redtea do you have any confident reads or nah?
I am reading your ISO and I see a lot of thoughts but I am unable to paint a clear picture as to what any of them mean.

~Bee
Fair. A lot of it's associative, dependent, etc etc useless garbage atm.
If Norwegian were to magically flip town at some point, that would force me to re-evaluate absolutely everything about this whole game. The one alternative is if a specific person acted maf enough to spin the axis of my perspective to them taking advantage of a town!Norwe. But that would be the one exception. I hope this gives a decent impression of how I don't think I could let my jaws off if I wanted. Sorry this is about the only read I have much conviction of.

On the side of town reads: for some reason catboi seems to be one of the most consistent players. I don't think a single insidious thing about them has stood out to me. Maybe their posts since the "troll-vote mess" appeal to me in a way that allow them to coast like butter on my radar for some reason. Is it just me?
Like, does everyone at least null catboi rn? Though I suppose this isn't an imperative question for today.
I guess this isn't a "strong read", since I'll have to figure out why exactly I read them positively. But I'll put it out there while I'm here.
*Old account here
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Joey_ »

@ DD
In post 513, Something_Smart wrote:oh nvm I see it

because going against the grain and scumreading someone you believe to be widely townread is towny, so long as they are in fact town
Basically, he's thinking you are slightly townier by using his role card for his read, this is town pov (in comparison to what androgybee did)
He knows he's town
yet he's being somewhat townread by the majority of the town. Now, DD out of the blue, scumreads him. So he ask himself; Why would scum go after me when im townread? they will only be facing resistance which would be annoying/bad for them. DD is most likely town because I doubt mafia would take the time/energy to make a scumread on me here at this time of day/context/ w/e

Thats a textbook towntell, town pov is stronk
In post 519, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 517, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Huh
OK I forgot that I wrote that and do not currently believe you to be widely townread

- Dumber
That hardly matters, because it seems like you believed it when you formed the read.
Here, he's showing that what is important to him, is not the words used
but the intent
. Basically, he's saying that he doesn't care that you acted on wrong infos because at that time, your intent was coherent with the information you had and thus, he's saying that it doesn't make you scummy.

It means that he cares about the
thought process
while evaluating reads. Scum hardly do.

The first towntell is very strong, hardly fakable imo because it's not something scum tends to fake/think about to fake. The second could be fake, but along with the first one, it's just very rare scum are able to towntell consistently.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by redtea »

they're saying the necessity of 3 prods is indicative enough of a slow game. Which, personally, as a sometimes-accidental-lurker who sometimes-accidentally lets the pages pile up, I have to disagree with.
*Old account here
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by androgybee »

feel like im being misunderstood here, not sure if it's deliberate or not but it sure feels obtuse, and im not gonna bother trying to clarify further if you can't see it.

~nahdia
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 549, NDMath wrote:I strongly disagree. I consider, and sometimes even use self-consciousness as a town tell.
Town has a mob of people constantly watching + evaluating them while having little information themself, whereas scum know they've got people looking out for them.
Well maybe it's more player-specific than I'm giving it credit for, but in my opinion, town know they have nothing to hide and anyone who challenges them on that is Wrong. Whereas scum DO have something to hide and they know that anyone challenging them on that is Right, and that's bound to affect their interactions. It's going to make them afraid that they might be giving something away, because they actually have something to give away.

At least, that's what I'm like!
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 554, redtea wrote:I thought bell's Post 2 was a lowkey sr, or otherwise being skeptical of trs on him.
I see what you're saying about Post 5, but. Isn't that obvious? Is he being purposefully brazen there? This could be challenging the common trs, but my first instinct is to call such brazenness a maf-tactic.
Nah, i read is has NEE sr game is abysmal and just by being town and saying words, he'salready more towny than when he's mafia
(FTR I don't think NEE's s game is abysmal, I just read it like that)
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 559, androgybee wrote:feel like im being misunderstood here, not sure if it's deliberate or not but it sure feels obtuse, and im not gonna bother trying to clarify further if you can't see it.

~nahdia

Thats a lot of words to explain why you arent going to explain something
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by androgybee »

it's not that many words, actually.
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 563, androgybee wrote:it's not that many words, actually.
Pretty sure you couldve come up with an explanation with the 20 words you used in your 2 last posts
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by androgybee »

im really not worried with how anyone us reading our slot this game, actually. so think what you want.
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 554, redtea wrote: I see what you're saying about Post 5, but. Isn't that obvious? Is he being purposefully brazen there? This could be challenging the common trs, but my first instinct is to call such brazenness a maf-tactic.
Can you expand on that part, who are you talking about; Adrogybee?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 565, androgybee wrote:im really not worried with how anyone us reading our slot this game, actually. so think what you want.
Why not? if youre softing PR just for the sake of this argument its petty/scummy
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 561, Joey_ wrote:
In post 554, redtea wrote:I thought bell's Post 2 was a lowkey sr, or otherwise being skeptical of trs on him.
Nah, i read is has NEE sr game is abysmal and just by being town and saying words, he'salready more towny than when he's mafia
Oh fuck I see, I completely misunderstood it.
In post 566, Joey_ wrote:
In post 554, redtea wrote: I see what you're saying about Post 5, but. Isn't that obvious? Is he being purposefully brazen there? This could be challenging the common trs, but my first instinct is to call such brazenness a maf-tactic.
No, it's the last post of five of bell's you quoted.
*Old account here
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 561, Joey_ wrote:Nah, i read is has NEE sr game is abysmal and just by being town and saying words, he'salready more towny than when he's mafia
(=^‥^=) That is what Bell's saying. I think he has reasons for doing so.
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by androgybee »

Joey_ wrote:
In post 565, androgybee wrote:im really not worried with how anyone us reading our slot this game, actually. so think what you want.
Why not? if youre softing PR just for the sake of this argument its petty/scummy
it'll make sense.

when I said "make waves" i literally just meant theyre not settling into the gamestate they noted by asking for multiple prods. they're asking questions. they're generating content that doesn't feel like just treading water.

~nahdia
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Bell »

VOTE: RedTea

Hi. Is there anything in your gameplay so far that you think makes you town that you wouldn't do as scum and could you share that?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 568, redtea wrote:
In post 561, Joey_ wrote:
Oh fuck I see, I completely misunderstood it.
In post 566, Joey_ wrote:
No, it's the last post of five of bell's you quoted.

Hm, but about the brazeness, i was referring to adrogybee fake claim at game start. How could you even read my post believing I was saying bell made a fakeclaim and was brazen?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Bell »

Joey, why do you hate being town read and not being interacted with if you post like that and have a cat avatar.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 570, androgybee wrote:
Joey_ wrote:
it'll make sense.

when I said "make waves" i literally just meant theyre not settling into the gamestate they noted by asking for multiple prods. they're asking questions. they're generating content that doesn't feel like just treading water.

~nahdia
C'mon, he just replaced-in. Even hard lurkers do the classic 5 post-gtfo that bell just did. Early in the game, you called me scum for asking stupid questions. Bell has hardly produced any kind of content, any. She has question but doesn't gives her own reads, no thought process, nothing of hardly any value.

Whats the difference when I was asking DD why he assumed SS scumread that other dude for trolling? Those kinds of open-ended questions are similar but you sred me for them and now think bell is town for it

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”