Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by androgybee »

ill also say wrt to jackel, i have no reason to townread the slot but their readlist doesnt look particularly bad for any reason to me and im pretty worried they could be a misexecution. so i'd rather we aim at a slot i actually find scummy (NDMath).
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Ill do math then and come back
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Bell »

townish: Norwe - Joey
Weak townish: Banana ~ D&D
Null:
S_S, Starbuck, Porkens, Catboi, RedTea. Androbee.
Weak LS: Math
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Bell »

Jack is in the null pile.
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by androgybee »

S_S if you're still here: last time we played (it was Trust Fall, i was on my alt Tipsy) i scumread you correctly on an IIoA basis. but like, sample size of 1 and all that. now that Trust Fall is over, would you say that was a fair read or do think I just got lucky there?

~Nahdia
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Can you do me your math LS case
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Bell »

He seems super serious and wooden like he can't move away from a town script.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by Bell »

Math are you still here?
Wanna chat?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 604, androgybee wrote:S_S if you're still here: last time we played (it was Trust Fall, i was on my alt Tipsy) i scumread you correctly on an IIoA basis. but like, sample size of 1 and all that. now that Trust Fall is over, would you say that was a fair read or do think I just got lucky there?

~Nahdia
right I forgot that game happened lol

I'm pretty IIoA as either alignment. I will have to go back and look at exactly what you said about me, one moment
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by catboi »

V(=^・ω・^=)v I'll vote where we can get traction among jackel/NDMath/Starbuck. Porkens is not a
bad
vote but has more the policy feel of yeeting a useless player. Bell is acting strange but not necessarily inherently scummy and would like to believe as mafia they come up with a better justification for the redtea vote than "nullread". With 2 days left we should be pushing someone for a claim.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by redtea »

This is my fault for thinking I can be coherent without quoting.
I'm referring to
In post 536, Bell wrote:Talk to me Norwee, Banana. From what I recall a stump is somebody who can't do anything, can they be mafia or only town? You've been acting like it from a tone post, but I saw that you don't like tone reads so instead I'll ask you if you could tell me what you think of RedTea, Beeboy hydra, and dumb and dumber if you don't mind?
In post 550, Joey_ wrote: Post 5: Talking to 2 universals trs ish implying she trs them (no waves)
Ask about mechanics (no waves here)
Then ask the tr'd people for reads, she is even showing that she is being apologetic/passive with ''if you don't mind''.

I mean, c'mon, hardly any waves
What I was saying in is that immediately @'ing the main trs is a very inexperienced-maf tactic.
And... looking at Bell's join date. It is recent. I don't know if he has much prior experience.

But I was assuming experience when I made the post. It was weird to me that he'd do such a brazenly maf-looking thing; since it is such, one then might assume
he'd be aware of that
, and is making either a gutsy move as maf or intends to challenge the status quo, but will start out doing so by requesting fresh input.
My first instinct is to go with the former.

Basically: maf using such an inexperienced maf tactic in order to lead others to think no maf-aligned player would seriously do that. That's what my post was trying to say.
*Old account here
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 609, catboi wrote:V(=^・ω・^=)v I'll vote where we can get traction among jackel/NDMath/Starbuck. Porkens is not a
bad
vote but has more the policy feel of yeeting a useless player. Bell is acting strange but not necessarily inherently scummy and would like to believe as mafia they come up with a better justification for the redtea vote than "nullread". With 2 days left we should be pushing someone for a claim.
Why are you okay with any of those 3?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 610, redtea wrote:This is my fault for thinking I can be coherent without quoting.
I'm referring to
In post 536, Bell wrote:Talk to me Norwee, Banana. From what I recall a stump is somebody who can't do anything, can they be mafia or only town? You've been acting like it from a tone post, but I saw that you don't like tone reads so instead I'll ask you if you could tell me what you think of RedTea, Beeboy hydra, and dumb and dumber if you don't mind?
In post 550, Joey_ wrote: Post 5: Talking to 2 universals trs ish implying she trs them (no waves)
Ask about mechanics (no waves here)
Then ask the tr'd people for reads, she is even showing that she is being apologetic/passive with ''if you don't mind''.

I mean, c'mon, hardly any waves
What I was saying in is that immediately @'ing the main trs is a very inexperienced-maf tactic.
And... looking at Bell's join date. It is recent. I don't know if he has much prior experience.

But I was assuming experience when I made the post. It was weird to me that he'd do such a brazenly maf-looking thing; since it is such, one then might assume
he'd be aware of that
, and is making either a gutsy move as maf or intends to challenge the status quo, but will start out doing so by requesting fresh input.
My first instinct is to go with the former.

Basically: maf using such an inexperienced maf tactic in order to lead others to think no maf-aligned player would seriously do that. That's what my post was trying to say.
In post 606, Bell wrote:He seems super serious and wooden like he can't move away from a town script.
I agree but that being your strongest scumread is odd
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Joey_ »

^612 didn't mean to quote redtea there

@Red tea: You assumed a wifom play, we totally misunderstood each-others
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

ok so nahdia it seems that your big issue was that I did a lot of "analysis" and not a lot of reads, but when I questioned you on why making reads as scum was harder than making analysis, you said that you thought we had different definitions of analysis. And given that IIoA implies a lack of analysis, it kinda sounds like you're the one using it incorrectly...?

But no matter. As I defined it, it wasn't scummy for me to do a lot of analysis and not a lot of reads; it was just a coincidence I believe. That said it is entirely possible that you did catch on to something valid there, but I don't think it could have been my lack of reads.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Bell »

My reasons for scum or town reading people tend to be a sentence long at best. In Math's case it's a weak self-identification read.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Bell »

Right for the wrong reasons is one of my favorite d'oh's in mafia.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Nat, i read math

I think he has bad lines and some good one. It could go both ways because he has so few posts. I don't really think he's that good of an associative flip tho, but that never stopped me roping people before so If you can make me see it, ill vote
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 580, Bell wrote: @pedit: I mean, Tea how am I supposed to pressure you without the vote.
@Joey, I'm null reading him.
I just barely came off of being a wagon target you silly man.

Also I'm gonna fuck off for now but I thank Porkens for trying to explain rand to me unfortunately my dumb ass still doesn't understand
*Old account here
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Joey_ »

VOTE: porkens

Gamestate tells me this is scum.
For that weak of a slot and having barely anyone talk about them is a gamestate tell. Normally, scums will push this kind of weak town players but will gladly not draw attention to them if scum

I know I have been voting everywhere but people has been scumtelling hard then towntelling almost everytime so shrugs
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Joey_ »

@ the rand thingy with SS?

He meant it as better than the randomly generated distribution odds of alignement.

Like mafia is what, 2/7 and town 5/7 in most games? So to be town, you need to be the odds aka your gameplay makes you more likely than 5/7 that you are town or 2/7 that you are scum
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Bell »

hmm. Is there a way to isolate certain words and follow the game that way?

For example can I look up the word 'pork' and compare it to the number of times Jackal and Math have been mentioned?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Joey_ »

You can ISO them both then ctr+F the words you want

To iso someone, you click [ISO] on any of their post, right to the post number #XXX in red
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

So much talk. C'mon guys, let's put someone at L-1.

-Dumbass
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Bell »

Wait so you mean that all the people in the elimination pool barely mentioned Porkens or

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”