Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Joey_ »

I know it’s an unpopular proposition in this game and on mafiascum in general, but flipping a low activity player like porkens who hasn’t been mentionned can actually gives a lot of associative infos.

Porkens was mentionned a few instances in this game by few people, especially when he was being compared to the alligator/red scum pool. I think it would be relatively easy to see all the slots who actively avoided the porkens issue
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:39 am

Post by androgybee »

In post 457, androgybee wrote:So I intend to weigh in on wagons that actually have some traction right now, but my biggest scumread mid-catchup is NDMath.
feels very much like a bullshitted read. and looking through the rest of his ISO it's just reactive and noncommittal.

~Nahdia
thought i voted in this post for some reason, mb.
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Joey_ »

@nat can you link me SS s gamr you were talking about, am lazy
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:40 am

Post by androgybee »

Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Joey_ »

Thx.

@ What do you think of porkens? Do you feel his lack of motivation was AI
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:46 am

Post by androgybee »

In post 675, Joey_ wrote:I know it’s an unpopular proposition in this game and on mafiascum in general, but flipping a low activity player like porkens who hasn’t been mentionned can actually gives a lot of associative infos.

Porkens was mentionned a few instances in this game by few people, especially when he was being compared to the alligator/red scum pool. I think it would be relatively easy to see all the slots who actively avoided the porkens issue
I think the value in flipping a very very low activity player is if they end up being scum, there's plenty to read into. If they end up being town it's actually much harder to get anything useful. I would go there if I didn't have players I actively want to see flip.

~Nahdia
Joey_ wrote:Thx.

@ What do you think of porkens? Do you feel his lack of motivation was AI
not particularly, no.
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 114, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 72, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Why do you think they're trolling?
Or, perhaps said in another way, why are you voting them?
The vote is just to indicate my distaste that they made me legitimately stress about what they said until I decided to ask Dunn if such a thing was possible and he said no.
@Nat I skimmed SS scum game, and honestly i think it’s very different. The post I higlighted to me is one of the better exemple of that.

This game; I do agree that he feels reactive, but I feels like he’s almost always caught by people questionning him and not knowing too much what to say, then just word vomit their thoughts. He also adds random reads in his answers

Scum game; He also was reactive, but I noticed he always
had something to say
, it’s much more structured and almost always push a narrative. I also haven’t seen as much random reads threwn in

This was just a skkim, but try reading both game with what I said in mind and come back
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 114, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 72, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Why do you think they're trolling?
Or, perhaps said in another way, why are you voting them?
The vote is just to indicate my distaste that they made me legitimately stress about what they said until I decided to ask Dunn if such a thing was possible and he said no.
@Nat I skimmed SS scum game, and honestly i think it’s very different. The post I higlighted to me is one of the better exemple of that.

This game; I do agree that he feels reactive, but I feels like he’s almost always caught by people questionning him and not knowing too much what to say, then just word vomit their thoughts. He also adds random reads in his answers

Scum game; He also was reactive, but I noticed he always
had something to say
, it’s much more structured and almost always push a narrative. I also haven’t seen as much random reads threwn in

This was just a skkim, but try reading both game with what I said in mind and come back
Jackel98
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/she

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Jackel98 »

Joey_ wrote:I know it’s an unpopular proposition in this game and on mafiascum in general, but flipping a low activity player like porkens who hasn’t been mentionned can actually gives a lot of associative infos.

Is there a reason why you'd want Porkens over NDMath? Also, wouldn't it be hard to tell who actively avoided Porkens and who just forgot that they existed?

Here's another question for you: why your TR on Norwee? Is it only the reasons listed in posts ?
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 683, Jackel98 wrote:
Joey_ wrote:I know it’s an unpopular proposition in this game and on mafiascum in general, but flipping a low activity player like porkens who hasn’t been mentionned can actually gives a lot of associative infos.

Is there a reason why you'd want Porkens over NDMath? Also, wouldn't it be hard to tell who actively avoided Porkens and who just forgot that they existed?

Here's another question for you: why your TR on Norwee? Is it only the reasons listed in posts ?
I want porkens over math because i think hes more likely to flip mefia, i an a simple man

About porkens, yes it might ne not easy, associatives are rarely easy anyways. I am not gonna lie either, it’s an after/the/fact justification because I want to flip porkens, regardless of the possibilities of associatives

If my only stated reason to tr NEE is that he towntold into oblivion? Yes alligator, it’s my only reason
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:03 am

Post by catboi »

In post 667, androgybee wrote:(・・;)ゞ what about that post pings you?
~Nahdia
In post 673, Joey_ wrote:Why?
The single-liner reply lacking any real engagement with the game, only coming in to answer a question at them, it feels very off, like she's playing reactively and not trying to contribute in the way of scumhunting. And I see as I preview edit she has posted again, which makes this statement not as powerful.

I think flipping a player without a claim is often one of the surest paths to disaster BUT if we get NDMath to claim and decide we don't want to kill him today I'd consider that move.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:06 am

Post by catboi »

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) I am extremely confident norwee is town based on how he responded to me calling him scum earlier in the game.
Jackel98
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Jackel98 »

In post 684, Joey_ wrote:I want porkens over math because i think hes more likely to flip mefia, i an a simple man

About porkens, yes it might ne not easy, associatives are rarely easy anyways. I am not gonna lie either, it’s an after/the/fact justification because I want to flip porkens, regardless of the possibilities of associatives

If my only stated reason to tr NEE is that he towntold into oblivion? Yes alligator, it’s my only reason
I'm rusty, and being told he towntold doesn't really help me if you don't elaborate. Like, I just wanted to verify that your whole reasoning is meta and "great posts", since I couldn't find anything else.
Jackel98
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Jackel98 »

Oh, and town POV
Jackel98
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Jackel98 »

No wait that was catboi so I'm back at not understanding. Sorry for triplepost
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 687, Jackel98 wrote:
In post 684, Joey_ wrote:I want porkens over math because i think hes more likely to flip mefia, i an a simple man

I'm rusty, and being told he towntold doesn't really help me if you don't elaborate. Like, I just wanted to verify that your whole reasoning is meta and "great posts", since I couldn't find anything else.
I am on my cell phone and I am going to work. Remind me to show you the game I used meta to sort NEE
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:50 am

Post by catboi »

In post 689, Jackel98 wrote:No wait that was catboi so I'm back at not understanding. Sorry for triplepost
(^ω^ʃƪ) He gave a very emotive response when I pressured him and fought back, his reference to getting hardcore tunneled as town in a prior game I think shows he's town who was annoyed at the possibility of getting mindlessly pushed for multiple games in a row. It's an indigation that comse from wholly believing in his own innocence.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I mean, this is kinda like talking down your own TR of me. But couldn't i technically be annoyed if i'm scum but think i'm unfairly targeted?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Joey, the gist of your scumread on Porkens is because you think gamestate suggests it right?
Because he's useless but nobody was pointing it out?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:20 am

Post by catboi »

Yes, but it felt legitimate here so I unvoted and your subsequent posts have looked quite town in that you are actively trying to scumhunt and are saying things that make sense. That's a very generic sounding reason but I don't feel like justifying this super hard to jackel. ┐( ˘_˘)┌
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Bell »

VOTE: NDmath

E-2?
Phone post. D_D where do you see the towniness re redtea?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:17 am

Post by catboi »

NDMath's next post should be a claim.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by NDMath »

In post 648, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 549, NDMath wrote:
In post 429, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 428, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 409, NDMath wrote:
In post 358, BananaCucho wrote: 2nd part: I appreciate your answer to this question. I also found Bee to be townie, but now they appear to be somewhat... apathetic? Towards the game. Would you agree with that, and would the apathy drive them more into the town column or the scum column for you?
I don't think they're being apathetic, or at least not anymore than they were at the start of the game if you ignore the post restriction stuff. Haven't seen scum!bee so I'd have to glance through a scum game or two of his to answer that.

In post 374, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 346, NDMath wrote:I agree with the third section and at the time I scumread norwee and redtea.
Who do you currently scumread then?

- Dumber
redtea. Probably Jackel but would like more from her before I'm sure. Sorta S_S but I trust others reads of him much more than my own.

I dislike this post: the first response doesn't really convey anything beyond a disagreement, and it's quite clear bee's slot was posting less enthusiastically compared to the initial pages where they gambited. Both this one and the second response feel forced/made up. NDMath has not really left any impression at all on either of us apart from this and that's concerning.

-Dumbass
Thanks Double D. This post has really elevated my view of you. The post by NDMath was disappointing to me as well, we aren't really offered any fresh perspectives and are just given 2 scum reads off of the 2 leading trains and without reasoning
I really don't have any fresh perspectives besides being first vote on redtea, because my reads line up with 'town consensus' a lot right now.

To D&D I was specifically pointing out that early on bee was only enthusiastic for the gambit, and not anything else happening at the time. I can agree that I avoided making a strong read on the slot right now.

In post 525, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 523, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Actually, i’m super self-concious as town.
And i’ve gotten scumread for it about a thousand times now
My guess is this is just because you are self-conscious in general, and not specifically as town.

Regardless it's definitely a standard trait to be more self-conscious as scum than as town, and I am that.
I strongly disagree. I consider, and sometimes even use self-consciousness as a town tell.
Town has a mob of people constantly watching + evaluating them while having little information themself, whereas scum know they've got people looking out for them.
@NDMath, why did you even bother responding to that 2nd part there? There's a lot of other things happening since your last post, and that's all you want to address? (besides the first part of your post, responding to me)
I read S_S's post and immediately knew what I wanted to say so I was gonna respond to it regardless of what else I responded to.
I didn't have anything new to add too conversation and haven't been motivated enough to look through someone's iso.
My most 'out there' read right now is starbuck town but I'm not fully convinced of it. My scumread of redtea I've been told is of bad reason and mine on jackel is pretty much me BWing so there's not much to elaborate on and I'm struggling to sort others.

In post 696, catboi wrote:NDMath's next post should be a claim.
Vanilla Townie
Realistically I'm not gonna be able to save this so I probably should just decide on who I want to hammer me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Starbuck »

It's been a weird few days. Anyways....

The more I'm reading from redtea, the less I like my vote of him

UNVOTE:
In post 430, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Also I agree with my other head's read on NDMath - he feels like he's talking around the game without really interfacing with it
I was townreading ND, when he was scum, in Weakest Link. I'm hoping the same isn't happening here for me.
In post 442, BananaCucho wrote:The thing about Starbuck that I like is that they pointed out the policy-feel type push on Jackel. Jackel had like 4 posts for the majority of the game. I still don't see how anyone got a scum read on those 4 posts, even on the surface level. From a POE level, sure.
This is where I was at with that, too. I have a hard time trusting anyone who says they scumread someone off less than 5 posts in the game. The opportunism behind it is strong.
In post 528, androgybee wrote:im actually not sold on the jackel vote. her ISO is sparse yes but like, doesn't scream scum to me? is there a case someone can point me to? i like the NDMath vote a lot better.
I'm feeling this, as well. She feels.....lost? Is that the right word? I'm not sure. As I'm reading ND feels more viable.
In post 546, Joey_ wrote:Honestly, if anything, nahdia is showing scum pov while reading bell in 541. Basically, she townreads bell for not acting in a way she would expect mafia to play in this game's context. Thats scum pov
I don't feel anything spectacular about his 7 posts, thus far. The jumping the gun from Nahdia is concerning. Good post.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Bell »

@Starbuck, you're saying that you're town reading NDMath and that the last time you town read him he was mafia?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”