Chemical Elements
Townie
Chemical Elements
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:25 am

Post by Chemical Elements »

VOTE: WeyounsLastClone
This vote is to place WeyounsLastClone at L-1 so we can get a flip.
UNVOTE: Lavender
This unvote is so that I am only voting for six players.
Marksman
Marksman
Goon
Marksman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:27 am

Post by Marksman »

In post 446, WeyounsLastClone wrote:as especially in this game with no deadlines scum could just wait, ask for replacement, wait, ask for replacement. If we purely judge by content, and there is none, they shouldn't be fully safe.
This is another weird read. You think scum would just replace out one after another in an attempt to say nothing and win? That's just...
weird
, and I don't know if you really believe that.
Hectic
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:31 am

Post by Casey »

None.
In post 419, Almost50 wrote:
In post 374, Casey wrote:I'm absolutely convinced Hiraki will flip scum.
How much prior experience do you have with Hiraki??
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:38 am

Post by Casey »

@Almost50: Nono to me reads as ESL. If they're not, I apologize.

Have you considered that Hellbooks' posts contain paragraph breaks which indicate separate thoughts? That's all I get from 329, 330, and 331. Sure, questioning the naked votes is appropriate, but calling Hellbooks mafia for not realizing people can have two independent thoughts in a single post is bizarre.
In post 421, Almost50 wrote:
In post 376, Casey wrote:@Almost50: Your votes are on the most sane person here, the ESL guy who I swear I thought you said was town and is NOT in your #328, and your only comment on hellbooks as far as I can tell is that he's mafia if someone else flips mafia.

How convenient that you unvote the person most likely to be mafia from your list of votes.

Your vote on Wey is good at least. One out of four ain't bad.
Who is ESL?

My votes were on hellbook, Marks, WLC & Nono.

I am voting hb for inconsistencies and vague postings (agreeing to a TR on someone w/o elaborating what exactly they agree). mainly check my , & . Nobody said anything about it being a conditional read!!!

I was voting Marks mainly for his vote on IV with the remark that we needed to eliminate/dunk someone ASAP.

I voted Nono for the vote on IV too, plus every other post of theirs just rubs me the wrong way (take the "I wanna hammer" troll for instance, or their vote on me in , just off the top of my head)

Finally, WLC I was voting for what appears to me now as a clash in playstyles. I also had assumed he was much more experienced than he really is (although if we go just by total post count he's look like 4-5 times as experienced as you are, adespite the fact you both have really old accounts)

Also, in my 328 I said I was sus of how the wagon on IV was building, but it was not the sole/main reason for me to vote anyone. It was just a pool I'd be digging into (more of a self-reminder, if you will).

Other than that I still don't know who ESL is, and I did not vote anyone outside these 4.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:43 am

Post by Casey »

I have played elsewhere but upon meeting people IRL...
Spoiler:
I was raped
...so I don't go back there.
In post 420, Almost50 wrote:In fact, how experienced are you in general? Seeing as you have only 198 posts on the site (Did your old stuff get deleted? Are you an alt?)
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:50 am

Post by Isis »

In post 446, WeyounsLastClone wrote:
In post 399, Almost50 wrote:
Um... I've just checked your topics. Did you really stop playing since 2012? Is this your first game in 8 years?? Geez! I seem to ALWAYS have a playstyle clash with the "old guard", so..
Yeah, not sure if a Nightless maffia was the best to get back into the game :) . Kinda confused what leads to go on and trying to find inconsistencies, but with no night actions and just wagons evolving and devolving that's more difficult than I expected. I tend to be suspicious of the more random posts like Nono (and initially hellbooks), or lurkers (like ileilei and spicer) as especially in this game with no deadlines scum could just wait, ask for replacement, wait, ask for replacement. If we purely judge by content, and there is none, they shouldn't be fully safe.

Since ileilei is replaced by you, I guess I can at least say that you're not lurking, maybe even post a bit too much :D Is that your typical playstyle?
"old guard" posts can be unusual but this is pretty offkilter. Clone, if you replaced out of this game and the player who replaced in for you won the game, would you have considered this game a "win" for you?

The new school paradigm is very much that you do not. And I feel pretty strongly that it should be that way; assuming without deciding the player replacing out needs to get the fullest forgiveness because their extenuating circumstances are so dire, the player replacing in has to give their all so I think they need to feel the win is 100% theirs
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:52 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

In post 452, Marksman wrote:
In post 446, WeyounsLastClone wrote:as especially in this game with no deadlines scum could just wait, ask for replacement, wait, ask for replacement. If we purely judge by content, and there is none, they shouldn't be fully safe.
This is another weird read. You think scum would just replace out one after another in an attempt to say nothing and win? That's just...
weird
, and I don't know if you really believe that.
For the lack of heat spicer and ileilei were getting, if they were scum, I say it's looking like a decent strategy. Maybe I was exaggerating a little bit, because if spicer's replacement wouldn't post I think he/she would get some attention hopefully.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:54 am

Post by Casey »

In post 422, Almost50 wrote:
In post 378, Casey wrote:@Almost50: You know you're perfectly welcome to call can call us women. Or ladies. Heck even gals. But do you call your guy friends the males? Sheesh.
The "sheesh" is on you, lady. Austin Powers never calls you ladies. He calls you chicks, most likely. :lol:

Disclaimer: SERIOUSLY. I was saying I should have played under an alt of AUSTIN POWERS. What did you expect??
What did
I
expect??

I expect people to understand that trauma is lifelong, and that it's pervasive in our world, and that people on a mafia site would not contribute to denying agency.

If this is the kind of callous "playful" behavior I'll be subjected to, I regret ever coming back to play again.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:57 am

Post by Casey »

In post 428, Almost50 wrote:You really don't want this genie put of the bottle
I really don't.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:57 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

In post 456, Isis wrote:
In post 446, WeyounsLastClone wrote:
In post 399, Almost50 wrote:
Um... I've just checked your topics. Did you really stop playing since 2012? Is this your first game in 8 years?? Geez! I seem to ALWAYS have a playstyle clash with the "old guard", so..
Yeah, not sure if a Nightless maffia was the best to get back into the game :) . Kinda confused what leads to go on and trying to find inconsistencies, but with no night actions and just wagons evolving and devolving that's more difficult than I expected. I tend to be suspicious of the more random posts like Nono (and initially hellbooks), or lurkers (like ileilei and spicer) as especially in this game with no deadlines scum could just wait, ask for replacement, wait, ask for replacement. If we purely judge by content, and there is none, they shouldn't be fully safe.

Since ileilei is replaced by you, I guess I can at least say that you're not lurking, maybe even post a bit too much :D Is that your typical playstyle?
"old guard" posts can be unusual but this is pretty offkilter. Clone, if you replaced out of this game and the player who replaced in for you won the game, would you have considered this game a "win" for you?

The new school paradigm is very much that you do not. And I feel pretty strongly that it should be that way; assuming without deciding the player replacing out needs to get the fullest forgiveness because their extenuating circumstances are so dire, the player replacing in has to give their all so I think they need to feel the win is 100% theirs
Didn't know old/new guard was a big thing, but can understand much has evolved. But valid point on how it feels as win/loss if you're replaced. Maybe I was too much thinking out of roles instead of players, wouldn't expect spicer would be proud if he was mafia and won the game. Back in the day I didn't post much, either as town or mafia, and always got bothered for lurking/not posting much and somehow got killed as town early on, and survived as mafia :)
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:03 am

Post by Casey »

In post 450, Marksman wrote:How's your intuition, Casey?
I only do gut reads. I'm trash with analyzing game mechanics and flips. AtE works wonders on me.

I want to subscribe to your current train of thought but I really don't think IV is mafia.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:13 am

Post by Isis »

In post 461, Casey wrote:
I want to subscribe to your current train of thought
If you're a gut player, does this mean you think Marksman is town, you just think he's wrong?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Chemical Elements
Chemical Elements
Townie
Chemical Elements
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:16 am

Is anyone going to hammer WeyounsLastClone so we can have a flip, or does anyone have another plan?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:18 am

Post by Isis »

Is he at L-1? VOTE: WeyounsLastClone
"Well, I..."
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:19 am

Post by Casey »

In post 462, Isis wrote:
In post 461, Casey wrote:
I want to subscribe to your current train of thought
If you're a gut player, does this mean you think Marksman is town, you just think he's wrong?
I'm not sure of the conditional but I do think Marksman is town and probably wrong.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:19 am

Post by Casey »

This is a good dunk.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:20 am

Post by Isis »

Wait was he really at L-1
No no seemed to want to hammer somebody more than I wanted a bicycle for my 8th christmas
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:22 am

Post by Isis »

I complained about L notation in a previous post

but my habit revision efforts are at their weakest when I'm drunk
"Well, I..."
Marksman
Marksman
Goon
Marksman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:25 am

Post by Marksman »

L stands for Launch obviously. Get the trebuchet ready, everyone.
Hectic
Chemical Elements
Chemical Elements
Townie
Chemical Elements
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:25 am

In post 467, Isis wrote:Wait was he really at L-1
No no seemed to want to hammer somebody more than I wanted a bicycle for my 8th christmas
Nono was voting for him, though.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:27 am

Post by Isis »

We could have arranged for him to unvote, have someone else add a vote, then let him revote

we have the technology
"Well, I..."
Chemical Elements
Chemical Elements
Townie
Chemical Elements
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:30 am

In post 471, Isis wrote:We could have arranged for him to unvote, have someone else add a vote, then let him revote

we have the technology
It will have to wait. By the way, since accidentally posting on this account in Open 785, I feel extremely anxious not divulging the fact that this account is an alt of Fredrick A Campbell.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:54 am

Post by innocentvillager »

i have no idea how we're going to win this game honestly if we still haven't dunked someone...

We need to dunk like... 10-12 people probably to reasonably win

We don't need to be worried about chain dunking unless it's close to lylo and we have two wagons at L-1 because twilight freezes until modflip and we will obviously dunk anyone who is hammering right after the flip because that is scum motivated
Marksman
Marksman
Goon
Marksman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:59 am

Post by Marksman »

Wey was just dunked. We should get a flip when Ruby comes online.
Hectic

Return to “Completed Open Games”