dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by dramonic »

Also I'm willing to let Marashu off the hook for the time being.
And Dann is trying to steal my shtick and it's very unbecoming.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I see what you're getting at with that quote dramonic, but tbh I don't think it's that indicative of anything

I don't think calling an extremely over-simplified stat dumb necessarily means Haven is salty because she's scum

if I'd never heard about that before and someone tried to use that to scum read me I'd likely call it dumb too
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Dannflor »

What was Marashu being scum read for and why are they now off the hook
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 51, Menalque wrote:
In post 40, Marashu wrote:Not in the US, but sharing a time zone with them.
Oh cool, north or south?
I missed this earlier. North.
In post 184, Menalque wrote:Imma briefly step out of thread to give it a chance to breathe

I’m also interested in what the other slots who have been uninvolved in this are thinking, but those three are like those I’m most interested in hearing from
I'm thinking it's exhausing, first of all. But then when I try to make my way through it, here's where I'm standing. I don't really like how Mena came to his conclusion initially (I have my own thoughts on it that I am willing to share after the game concludes if people are still interested), but it got pressure going so I don't mind that. Hiraki's post felt really, really defensive to me. I think it's more common for town to get really defensive that way than scum, from the games I've played in. The one thing that's keeping me from saying that it was a town post is that he was shading Mena right at the end of that post.

I want to review Dann's posts in the morning. I am too tired for this. But I'm not really liking how teacher is being so moderate on the subject, though that may be because of how toxic the last game I was in with him was.
In post 225, dramonic wrote:Also I'm willing to let Marashu off the hook for the time being.
And Dann is trying to steal my shtick and it's very unbecoming.
What have I done that changed your mind? In fact, I don't think I ever got an answer for you to explain your thoughts on teacher, either.

pedit - oh, it looks like I missed the post right before (). But I'd still like to hear dramonic's thoughts on teach and what has changed.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 227, Dannflor wrote:What was Marashu being scum read for and why are they now off the hook
In post 228, Marashu wrote:What have I done that changed your mind?
Nothing, but there's only 4 scum in the game so obviously I'm scumreading someone wrong and the other 4 are scummier. Bask in that glory while you can! :D

That entire argument between Teacher, Dann and Hiraki felt amusingly phony, but ya gotta appear like you're doing
something
or people will catch on amirite?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Dannflor »

why is everyone in this game more focused on producing sassy one liners than actually engaging with people
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by dramonic »

Engaging with scum is mostly white noise.
I'm a hoot
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Dannflor »

we have very different philosophies

or maybe just different levels of self-confidence
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by dramonic »

On a serious note, More than half the game has less than 10 posts and 4 players have 2 or less. At least my sassy one liners are a quick read.
I'm a hoot
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by TripleHaven »

In post 233, dramonic wrote:On a serious note, More than half the game has less than 10 posts and 4 players have 2 or less. At least my sassy one liners are a quick read.
:thumbsup:

I have absolutely no interest in responding to the whole hikari-menalque situation here as i'm eventually just going to end up getting heated about it. I kinda wish we had a vig.
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by TripleHaven »

In post 231, dramonic wrote:Engaging with scum is mostly white noise.
How do you find who scum is then? lmao
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Ok this beggining is chaotic... idk what to think about all that
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by Gypyx »

I have a medium town read on dannflor, but apart from that i don't really have much else

I think that hikari / mela situation is just a reaction test that spiraled out of control
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:41 am

Post by teacher »

In post 237, Gypyx wrote:I think that hikari / mela situation is just a reaction test that spiraled out of control
What specifically was the reaction test - who did it and how? Hiraki three away that explanation as they left, and I didn’t see it/like it.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 am

Post by Marashu »

Ugh, sorry, V/LA for probably the next day or so. I keep having complications with some oral surgery that was done 2 weeks ago.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 221, teacher wrote:Could you try this again. I can’t parse your narrative at all, and want to.
there is nothing to rephrase here
In post 222, Dannflor wrote:I now think you're scum that has been "caught for the wrong reasons" and that's why you're so frustrated. Of course, a townie can get mad for getting scum read for shit reasons too, but they usually try to sort the people scum reading them as well. The aggression feels like a mask for your alignment.
git gud
In post 238, teacher wrote:What specifically was the reaction test - who did it and how?
did you read the wiki?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:42 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 238, teacher wrote:
In post 237, Gypyx wrote:I think that hikari / mela situation is just a reaction test that spiraled out of control
What specifically was the reaction test - who did it and how? Hiraki three away that explanation as they left, and I didn’t see it/like it.
I think that this is the reaction test

Spoiler:
quote="In post 125 , Hiraki"]
In post 123, Menalque wrote:
In post 121, Hiraki wrote:
In post 115, Menalque wrote:What is it in the 5 posts that I made after receiving my role PM that you believe was so strongly scum indicative?
Why do you care? You're already calling me scum, right?
I mean, yes, I am, but I think if I’m wrong and you’re town that the best chance of me realising that will be if I can see how you got to where you are even if you’re wrong
Which has nothing to do with why you're voting me, okay okay

pre-Edit: you literally gave out a forced readslist lol, very NAI[/quote]

And this is what tells me that this is a reaction test :

Spoiler:
In post 167, Hiraki wrote:
In post 157, Menalque wrote:I have no idea what you’re getting at with the whole dictionary thing
I found it! Overreaction!!

Of course it's a pretty bad one, given how varying can the reactions be, but i don't think it necessarlly means much
Show

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:43 am

Post by Gypyx »

Oh ummm, should've previewed damnit
Show

bottom text
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:44 am

Post by Testarossa »

I am not really sure how to weigh in this Mena/Dann/Hiraki conversation as it looks a little bit like a personality clash too I think. At least Dann/Hiraki.

Now after reading through for the first time I liked Dann. His questions feel like there lies some intention behind to understand Hiraki's motive. I also mindmelded similar about Haven () and to an extent Dunn (), minus the meta knowledge.

One thing I am wondering here is how your read has evolved here, dann? I mean you were considering Hiraki already in and as caught for wrong reasons, immediately after your vote, which is the conclusion you reached later in . It doesn't really seem like it has evolved? Or were you considering he might also has been stubborn town? Although you weren't really leaning on that either if I understood you right.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:46 am

Post by Testarossa »

Menalque's original reason for voting Hiraki can actually be pretty easily resolved. Shame we can't weigh in on this anymore. But going by what I saw from Menalque so far it's nai anyway and it got the ball rolling, so what. I think I can relate to his confusion for Hiraki's push on him, also don't think he overreacted (where?). Him taking a step back, when he looks imo better in that conversation is slightly positive.

As for Hiraki, he misinterpreted Dann's imo, but going by the fact how he even doubled down on that it seems at least genuine. The reaction test thing is eeeh, like Mena's vote wasn't even a reaction to it nor was there much to come out of it either.
Hiraki, can you explain why you think Mena overreacted in a scummy way? Is it just the semantics argument about it painting as a "hard push"?
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Testarossa »

The only ISO that I actually had to reread after catching up was teacher's.

On first glance I liked you interrogating Hiraki about several points. But on second thought I don't really get out of your participation in this where you stand in all of this? Like I get Mena's and Dann's angle in this as they are scumreading Hiraki, but what about you? Your questions are focussed only on Hiraki in this, so I assume you are more or less on the same wavelength with them? (it's what I interpret between the lines)

What did you mean with Mena harping too much over this issue in ?
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:02 am

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 1.4TripleHaven (3) - Almost50, dramonic, Marashu
Hiraki (3) - Menalque, Dannflor, Umlaut
Menalque (2) - teacher, Hiraki
Almost50 (2) - Testarossa, Gypyx
Umlaut (1) - TripleHaven

Not voting: Dunnstral, Crush

With 13 alive it takes 7 to exile.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2020-08-23 18:40:00) or when an exile is reached.

Marashu is V/LA for probably the next day or so.

Marashu is V/LA for probably the next day or so.
time will end
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:08 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 244, Testarossa wrote:Is it just the semantics argument about it painting as a "hard push"?
Have you ever felt that someone was pushing hard on you after saying you were scum four times without ever showing any proof on Page 5 of the game? Also there is legitimately nothing that would make you scum and you've even said this in the thread but the
hard
push was so
hard
that it was scummy.

There is no semantics issue here. It's an overreaction to nothing. It's scum paranoia.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:30 am

Post by dramonic »

Your reasoning is weird, but the conclusion is sound, so IDC
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:34 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 235, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 231, dramonic wrote:Engaging with scum is mostly white noise.
How do you find who scum is then? lmao
I don't need to interact with you to see you interact ya cupcake.
You're literally the only person who I don't need to convince that you're scum.
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Open Games”