Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:01 am

Post by BananaCucho »

And fwiw Porkens, you keep bringing up that you were "right about Bell"

But your scumreads iirc have been DD/Norwee/Catboi for pretty much forever. Looking through your iso, I do see that you have questioned Bell repeatedly. Including from the very start, but never really pushed for them to be eliminated

You vote Norwee, Catboi, and Bee. But you never voted Bell, not even once

Why are you trying to claim some sort of credit post Bell flip? If anything, your lack of pushing them, scum reading them, or interacting with them makes that early "catch/call" that you had look like a TMI, it never crossed my mind that scum may have higher corruption and were wanting to lower it until I actually saw Bell flip. And I've put a lot of thought into this game.

Spoiler: Porkens posts
In post 768, Porkens wrote:I apologize for my lack of engagement thus far. When I repped into the game things were just fine, but then my life quickly spun out of control. You can look at my recently completed games if you want to see a big part of it, but there were RL issues as well. My VLA was due to mental health and I needed to self-care ASAP. I had to disengage emotionally for a while because things were getting really dark. I'm in a better space now.

Joey/
Norwee
/? Seems the likeliest team from my read through. They are very much acting in coordination. The third might be
DD
or even Math, which would explain the recent misdirection from Joey.

Jackel seems like flip bait to me.

Redtea, SS, Starbuck, catboi, Andro, and Rat/Bell all feel town to me.

I think banana is probably my strongest townread though.

VOTE: math
In post 945, Porkens wrote:There is absolutely no way I’m wrong 3/3 on my reads at EOD yesterday. You don’t add up and you are freaking the fuck out.
In post 1225, Porkens wrote:I don’t understand the obsession with starbuck. Her catchups have seemed fine to me. I don’t really get scum vibes from bee either.

My pool is
norwee/catboi/DD
. Don’t even need a dart.
In post 1264, Porkens wrote:Horseshitni don’t believe you

VOTE: androger
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Porkens »

I already addressed this question twice I think. I called bell/rat for the corruption thing in my very first post; it was the most notable thinning the game, and you know what happened right after that? DUMB VOTED ME.
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:04 am

Post by BananaCucho »

And that does bring up another question in my head now. Once Bee reveals that they can lower someone's corruption to 0, who continues to push for Bee elimination? I threw out an ultimatum there myself of "they suicide or we eliminate them". But who pushed for Bee's outright elimination? Because fear of realizing "oh shit, this person can kill one of us" is something we should look at now that Bell has flipped

I'm going to explore that now
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:05 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1776, Porkens wrote:I already addressed this question twice I think. I called bell/rat for the corruption thing in my very first post; it was the most notable thinning the game, and you know what happened right after that? DUMB VOTED ME.
Yes, you called that. Congrats. But you never followed up on it, so why continue to put that on as a badge of honor somehow? I'm not going to townread you for it.
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

In post 174, Porkens wrote:
In post 18, androgybee wrote:This is a hard claim.

Everyone in this game has the following post restriction,
Corruption
must be said using the following code. Otherwise we will automatically lower your corruption level at night. Please do not make me hurt you I would be very sad if I did.

Code: Select all

[color=#8080BF][b]Corruption[/b][/color]

~Bee
So the fakeclaim was that if we don’t format corruption in that way, our corruption level goes VOTE: down and RR was
avoiding
that. And that is townread why? Because some roles “might” use corruption differently, even tho those are “likely scum”?

I must be missing something
Yeah, you're right lol. In retrospect this is coming from a scum pov given how we know bell's role interacted with corruption

- dumber
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Porkens »

If you squint reel hard you can see anything you want to see.
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:11 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1780, Porkens wrote:If you squint reel hard you can see anything you want to see.
Cool, more snarky comments in response to trying to solve things. Thanks for that. I guess I should just tunnel instead and spam relentlessly who I want eliminated instead
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:23 am

Post by BananaCucho »

BTW Porkens are you ever going to tell us why you chose to track Redtea, a town read of yours? Over one of your scum reads?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:24 am

Post by catboi »

Literally the only thing I want is for redtea to catch up and coordinate some night actions, at this point porkens is just actively spouting nonsense to muck things up
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:26 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1510, catboi wrote:(*`Ω´*) Hot take: Porkens is telling the truth about his role, it's just not town aligned. Track on redtea doesn't make sense from a town POV aligning with his opinions from the previous day but
does make sense from a scum rolecop POV.

(=´∇`=)I think it's not implausible for there to be duplicate versions of roles in the game, and found the way redtea claimed to be fairly believable.

( ^..^)ノ I claim vanilla town.

~(=^┬ ┬^) The claims are confirming my fear, which is that the second kill assuredly did not come from town. Given this perspective, I'm actually much more skeptical of androbee's claim now than before. Giving someone corruption immunity seems implausibly strong. I think it needs to be resolved today because otherwise on later days they'll have the excuse that suiciding would cause town to lose. I think one of those two should be the vote today.

VOTE: androgybee
If we flip Porkens and he's scum and has a scum rolecop ability, then Norwee is likely scum and they bussed each other all game lol
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:26 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1783, catboi wrote:Literally the only thing I want is for redtea to catch up and coordinate some night actions, at this point porkens is just actively spouting nonsense to muck things up
Yeah I had doubts today that Porkens is just a hard headed misguided town, but I'm ready to flip him
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:37 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1556, androgybee wrote:beeboy agrees with me that starbuck is scum. their catchups have been uninspiring and frankly, easy. they vote us, then unvote after our claim and say they'll re-evaluate (they dont), then accuse us of being convenient and revote when a wagon starts to form. didnt like them admitting theyre speculating on banana being a 3p, that feels like scum-mindset since town is more concerned with finding scum.

D&D still a townlean, but /shrug. havent really paid close attention there since d1
porkens claim is a little weird and seems to not fit into the rest of the setup. how many visiting roles have been claimed? at any rate, it should be tested: porkens should target a known visiting role tonight and confirm their target before that player claims tomorrow.

i havent liked jackel today either. it seems like they're just trying to be way outside the consensus in order to appear like "wrong town" but ultimately it just reads as their reads are unlikely to be real.

catboi and reatea, no idea lol.

~nahdia
FYI if anyone is looking for something to talk about. We told Bee we'd evaluate their reads post flip
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:44 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1784, BananaCucho wrote:If we flip Porkens and he's scum and has a scum rolecop ability, then Norwee is likely scum and they bussed each other all game lol
...What?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think we can consider Catboi/D+D team Porkens is trying to sell us if Porkens flips town maybe, but he's been playing so bad and arguing terribly that i don't really want to consider it unless i know for sure Porkens isn't scum.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:46 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1761, Porkens wrote:
In post 1702, catboi wrote:This is a wacky thought but: it's possible the other demons share a similar condition to Bell of dying at 0 corruption. I think we might want to have both cleric claims double up on their target tonight.
In post 1718, catboi wrote:I re-read D+D's ISO and don't have anything concrete to come back with, I had been avoiding fully writing them off as town. Can't point to anything they've said that's bad, no real strong towntells, but there's some okayish attempts at evaluating and a little bit of flip-flopping on bell's claim I actually like because it feels like real evaluation. Gun to head I'd probably just guess they're town. Wouldn't vote them before porkens or jackel but would put them below the strong townreads.

A thing that's bothersome about porkens's claim that no one has brought up is how he has an ability that raises his corruption but apparently had no problem hammering on day 1, it doesn't really seem to hold that he'd be so cavalier about corruption when it potentially reduces the amount of times he could use his ability.
In post 1757, catboi wrote:Have the weird feeling jackel might be town from the "i still have 0 corruption" post even though that thing isn't impossible to fake it feels more likely a thing they'd think of as town. but then I have no idea who else could be scum.
Note the moral flexibility on corruption. Scum/townreads don’t flow logically or naturally from the predicate
I know I probably shouldn't even bother engaging here, but what is this even supposed to mean
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:47 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Not 100% sure i'd be convinced even with that though. I'm townreading Catboi hard. D/D a bit less, but still not enough to consider voting him over many other slots right now.

- Bunno
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:48 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1787, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1784, BananaCucho wrote:If we flip Porkens and he's scum and has a scum rolecop ability, then Norwee is likely scum and they bussed each other all game lol
...What?
Maybe I should explain lol

If Porken's role card says that they learn the role of whoever they visit, then they likely learned Redtea was "a Cleric" and passed that info to you

Would fit some other things that have been pinging me

Its kinda a tin foil hat thing. It's more likely we eliminate Porkens and they flip something like "Demon of Greed - Collect 8 corruption to do x, y, z" or something, idk

(I will be very pleased if the mafia team is 7 deadly sins themed tbh after seeing Bell flip as Gluttony)
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:48 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1790, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Not 100% sure i'd be convinced even with that though. I'm townreading Catboi hard. D/D a bit less, but still not enough to consider voting him over many other slots right now.
Yeah it would be super hard for me to vote Catboi ever at this point

Still a lotta game left, but I don't see it happening
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

So we're voting Porky, right? Good.

-Dumbass
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:14 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1793, Dumb and Dumber wrote:So we're voting Porky, right? Good.

-Dumbass
Yeah, let's let Redtea/Norwee coordinate as Catboi said

It would also be nice for Starbuck/Jackel to check in as well

Then Porky dies, I don't see any way around it tbh
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Porkens »

Moral relativism of corruption is that you scumread who you want based on fact A and townread who you want based on the same fact A catboi. You are twisting reality to support your desired outcome.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:25 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

8000th post baby.
VOTE: Porkens

@Redtea How about we both target Jackel this night?

- Bunno
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Porkens »

Yeah you are just stepping on my posts as soon as I make them to drown out my voice and silence me. This isn’t fun
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

How am i silencing you? Your posts are objectively bad. I genuinely don’t understand what you’re talking about when you explain why Catboi/D+D would be the scum team.
Thing is, you can’t just assume we know you are town and get angry when you aren’t being convincing at all and have zero charisma.

- Bunno
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:34 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 1795, Porkens wrote:Moral relativism of corruption is that you scumread who you want based on fact A and townread who you want based on the same fact A catboi. You are twisting reality to support your desired outcome.
I think I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't think its correct. Catboi agreed with me that your
claim
specifically doesn't align with your hammer. This is comparing apples and oranges to what he said about Jackel

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”