dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:22 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 394, Menalque wrote:I *do* think you’re playing to an outdated site meta which is leading you to bad reads
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:22 am

Post by dramonic »

I don't think you understand how meta works.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Menalque »

I’m not talking about my personal meta, I’m talking about site meta ie how people tend to approach the game as town and as scum, and I think that’s moved on from wherever it was when you used to play regularly
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Menalque »

I kinda think the fact that you’re confusing my referencing of site meta with the idea of me using self meta is another thing that’s indicative that that’s the case
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Gypyx »

ok so just to put that here i kinda have trouble keeping up with that thread, i'll try to get my focus back into the game when i'll be in a focused mind state
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:32 am

Post by TripleHaven »

Dram i wanna conclude that your bad case on me is just towny bad but the lack of anything else towny in your ISO is making me doubt that
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Umlaut »

Dram's case on TripleHaven is not exactly selling me.

Teacher is looking pretty town to me with what appears to be a genuine effort to understand and explain Dram's perspective.
In post 352, Menalque wrote:Umlaut, what’s your read on dram?
Null I guess. Maybe slightly town because I don't expect scum to act in such an attention-getting manner and then double and triple down on it when it gets them heat.

Though my sense of paranoia just said "Dram's continued pushes here on Menalque are
so
absurdly uncharitable that I wonder if this is pre-planned distancing/busing" but I haven't actually run that through a sanity check yet, I just thought of it while I was writing this answer to your question.

Okay I'll keep reading now
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:35 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 402, Menalque wrote:I’m not talking about my personal meta, I’m talking about site meta ie how people tend to approach the game as town and as scum, and I think that’s moved on from wherever it was when you used to play regularly
In post 401, dramonic wrote:I don't think you understand how meta works.
In post 405, TripleHaven wrote:Dram i wanna conclude that your bad case on me is just towny bad but the lack of anything else towny in your ISO is making me doubt that
By which you mean you don't want to try to get something going on me cuz I'll flip town and it'd look bad on your resume.
I get it.
I'm a hoot
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 405, TripleHaven wrote:Dram i wanna conclude that your bad case on me is just towny bad but the lack of anything else towny in your ISO is making me doubt that
This is kind of where I am on Dram too, I want to say scum would probably not make such audaciously terrible cases and insist on them against all logic but at some point I really need him to do something that's positive-towny and not just towny-for-lack-of-scum-motivation.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:11 am

Post by dramonic »

You have a very strange definition of positive-town.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:20 am

Post by dramonic »

It is frightening how little some of you differentiate between intent and content. Just saying.
I'm a hoot
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:38 am

Post by TripleHaven »

In post 410, dramonic wrote:It is frightening how little some of you differentiate between intent and content. Just saying.
How is this relevant
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 394, Menalque wrote:I *do* think you’re playing to an outdated site meta which is leading you to bad reads, and it’s not the same thing. I’ve also seen it before first hand with a scumbuddy of mine a couple of games ago where he was in PT like “idgi why are people scumreading me, this is literally my town meta??” and it was just because the site had moved on a lot in play from when he was active
lol
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:01 am

Post by teacher »

@dram, you want to sell me a different take on Hiraki? You seem to be the only one townreading, so I figure you got something
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:00 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 411, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 410, dramonic wrote:It is frightening how little some of you differentiate between intent and content. Just saying.
How is this relevant
It's relevant cuz you havent been lynched yet.

@teach: at work, will respond on break
I'm a hoot
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 271, Menalque wrote:
In post 258, Hiraki wrote:Why would you think that Dram, who is scummy, would give out correct reads?
I wouldn’t? But like I don’t see why he, regardless of alignment, would expect anyone to listen to him if he’s just asserting things?
Do you think scum would be scumhunting given that this is multiball? Or would they try to conceal their reads of the other team to force more town-exile?

I don't know how to read Hiraki. Does that make Hiraki null? I could just as easily see Hiraki as difficult town or as scum.

I agree with a lot of what dram has said, but I think I feel more strongly that teacher is scum than Dann is scum.
But what are the odds of rolling scum twice in a row?
I also think that Mena would have done more distancing between himself and Haven, so that team doesn't feel quite right either.

Unless I missed something, the order of getting rid of a scum team also matters. If we exile mafia D1 and werewolf D2, and there's no crossfire, then we can only have 1 mis-exile before being in a 2:1:1 scenario. (9:2:2 - 7:1:2 - 5:1:1 - 2:1:1) It's a lot more comfortable if we wipe out a team first. But on the other hand, what are the odds of scum always hitting 2 different town targets every night?

Other assorted reads and notes: I didn't mind Dunn's intro back on the first day, but unfortunately that's all we have from Dunn to work with.
teacher is voting Mena but is at least implying in that Hiraki is anti-town. This is weird to me. @teach are you standing by your rvs vote?
I've got a slight TL on Testarossa - I'm not feeling any agenda behind these posts.
is what sold me on town!dram
I'm not really a fan of meta-diving, so I'm not going to be digging this up, but I feel like Mena's been looking at meta a lot this game, moreso than the one other game I played with Mena.

VOTE: teacher
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 415, Marashu wrote:I feel like Mena's been looking at meta a lot this game, moreso than the one other game I played with Mena.
Hi marashu, where do you think I’ve been looking a lot at meta this game?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 320, Dannflor wrote:dramonic does not believe in such petty and useless things as "sorting people" or "playing mafia"
I'm afraid it's the other way around from my PoV. I think dram is actually playing mafia and he certainly is sorting people.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 326, dramonic wrote:The narrator of a story is hardly in the spotlight
Said in a Morgan Freeman tone. :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

After careful consideration I've decided I don't want to share a complete readlist at this point. I probably should have been more coy about some reads I have already outed too, but I can't change that now. My vote is still where I want it to be. though (no matter how hard I should/would be keeping my cards close to chest I still have to out at least one SR)

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Menalque »

Which benefits exactly are you expecting to see by concealing your reads?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 330, Dannflor wrote:could someone who isn't in dramonic's scum list ask dramonic for the "why" behind his reads please and thank you
I don't need to. Some of his reads I agree with. Some I don't (or not sure about) but I understand where he's coming from. The 2-3 that do not belong in either group I don't mind sleeping on for now.

Worthy of note that some reads are "player specific", meaning that the same (exact) posts (and level of activity) coming from X may mean something totally different than them coming from Y. It's a personality/playing style thing.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 420, Menalque wrote:Which benefits exactly are you expecting to see by concealing your reads?
Protecting my TRs. Plain and simple.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

Okay why do you consider that important/best done through keeping your reads to yourself?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Menalque »

Also can you explain why you think haven is scum?

Return to “Completed Open Games”