Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 323, dramonic wrote:
In post 320, Dannflor wrote:dramonic does not believe in such petty and useless things as "sorting people" or "playing mafia"
Scumteam A:
TripleHaven
Menalque

Scumteam B:
Dann
Teacher

Town:
The rest

There, sorted. Can we stop trolling around yet?

@umlaut: asking for people's opinion without actively broadcasting your own is an illusion of content and a poor man's excuse to not put themselves in the spotlight.
And yes, I am always like this
yawn
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 329, Hiraki wrote:no sorry i sort of agree with teacher there dram, you could always have 5 scum. you'd just be wrong about someone

then again...10 years...
thank you
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 330, Dannflor wrote:could someone who isn't in dramonic's scum list ask dramonic for the "why" behind his reads please and thank you
ok
dramonic why are your (scum)reads the way they are
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 331, dramonic wrote:
In post 329, Hiraki wrote:no sorry i sort of agree with teacher there dram, you could always have 5 scum. you'd just be wrong about someone

then again...10 years...
Of course I can be wrong, I'm not the mod, but I gotta work with what information I have right now, and that information is two blatant scum and two players whose posts are almost as numerous as they are vapid.

I would mostly not try to lynch teacher or dann today, even if they are scumreads right now, because the reasoning for their scumminess is not as sound as the one for Triple/Mena (there are empty shells of townies out there and PoE without a full playerlist is beyond shaky), but someone has to fill the mantle of scum #3 and #4 and I've no active suspicions elsewhere currently.

To be clear, just because I'm saying someone is town doesn't mean I'm not reading their posts, I will gladly reevaluate when new information surfaces.
nope
<Embrace The Void>

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 528, Gamma Emerald wrote:

then again...10 years...
Of course I can be wrong, I'm not the mod, but I gotta work with what information I have right now, and that information is two blatant scum and two players whose posts are almost as numerous as they are vapid.

I would mostly not try to lynch teacher or dann today, even if they are scumreads right now, because the reasoning for their scumminess is not as sound as the one for Triple/Mena (there are empty shells of townies out there and PoE without a full playerlist is beyond shaky), but someone has to fill the mantle of scum #3 and #4 and I've no active suspicions elsewhere currently.

To be clear, just because I'm saying someone is town doesn't mean I'm not reading their posts, I will gladly reevaluate when new information surfaces.
nope
yes actually
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 345, Menalque wrote:
In post 278, Umlaut wrote:Can you explain the Dram read? I agree he's being weird but I don't see the scum angle.
He just like, hasn’t felt meaningfully scumhunty to me? Like, my definition of scumhunting doesn’t include “pick 4 names and loudly shout that they’re scum”

Idk, I’m mulling it over in light of him finally having come up with reasoning for why haven is scum. I don’t think I’m very persuaded by it at a glance, but I’m thinking about whether this is just a thing of join date rather than scum

I guess the confounding factor is that hiraki has a simile join date, is playing in a similar way, but I do think is actively scum. I guess I’m working through whether it makes sense for dram to have simile takes to hiraki!scum if he’s town?
similar takes don't really mean much I think
but like, Hiraki is town too so you've already got the wrong equation written out, it's just a matter of how far from the right answer you end up being
also I think someone commented that this was really close to finding the actually issue with dram and I agree
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 358, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 354, Menalque wrote:
In post 353, TripleHaven wrote:Him flipping scum feels too good to be true
Why?
It's almost too easy
their reaction to their wagon has been terrible
their tone is general is bad
maybe read the part where they mentioned getting into a bad state of mind lol
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 366, Menalque wrote:I don’t really think hiraki coming across as a dick is AI, even though I do find it unpleasant

I think it’s much more that his reasons for scumreading me were fabricated and then changed under interrogation
no they actually check out
you're just not woke enough to accept it
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 370, teacher wrote:Honestly I kinda like Dramonic. They are at least producing content/providing reasoning behind reads (hey, Hiraki, any time you want to hit up that would be grand). While I disagree with their takes, I can see the reasoning and I like the different perspective. I also dont really feel like they're misrepping.
I have to question this reasoning you're seeing, dram has reasons for some of her reads but I think some of those reasons are just, like, not okay?
<Embrace The Void>

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by dramonic »

It's been years and you still misgender me :x
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 376, Menalque wrote:Was testa scum or town in that game?
I'd think this obvious
this is why Thor665 has the thing that he does in his signature. People getting too caught up in second guessing this sort of obvious stuff

PEdit: sorry but your avatar just makes me think you're a she
it's too cute I'm sorry
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 516, Gamma Emerald wrote:okay I just figured out how "meta" got involved, menalque wasn't commenting on Hiraki's meta in particular at all. He was talking about Hiraki being behind on site meta, i.e. how certain plays and behaviors are viewed by the general playerbase
scratch this

I took a much more recent post than I should have for this
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 398, dramonic wrote:You don't get to be scum and say "oh it's my meta, I have immunity!" ya funny lad
X
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 414, dramonic wrote:
In post 411, TripleHaven wrote:
In post 410, dramonic wrote:It is frightening how little some of you differentiate between intent and content. Just saying.
How is this relevant
It's relevant cuz you havent been lynched yet.

@teach: at work, will respond on break
zzzzzz
actually didn't you say you weren't engaging with scumreads? What are you doing with teacher then?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 430, Almost50 wrote:
In post 423, Menalque wrote:Okay why do you consider that important/best done through keeping your reads to yourself?
Do you have a better way of protecting your own Townreads from the NKs?
I don't fully remember you being this egotistical? I remember similar stuff to this, but not quite this exact behavior, albeit that's mostly just time away
like you're not the only person with townreads, I don't think one persons reads are going to sway scum that hard
<Embrace The Void>

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 538, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 410, dramonic wrote:It is frightening how little some of you differentiate between intent and content. Just saying.
How is this relevant

zzzzzz
actually didn't you say you weren't engaging with scumreads? What are you doing with teacher then?
I'm having second thoughts about teach. I said that actually.
I'm a hoot
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 448, Almost50 wrote:But more importantly: Why would you care whom I TR anyway? What's it to you? You should only care about whom I'm SRing and why. No?
What???

this is super obtuse, even for you. Why would someone
only
care about your SRs? Is this some advanced shading method?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 540, dramonic wrote:
In post 538, Gamma Emerald wrote:
How is this relevant

zzzzzz
I'm having second thoughts about teach. I said that actually.
okay then
<Embrace The Void>

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by dramonic »

Nvm, I thought I'd said it but apparently not?
I'm a hoot
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 461, dramonic wrote:The moral of that story is kill it with fire before it can kill the town. :D

Edit: one is her scumbuddy
this view is super duper basic
could also be opposite scum just arguing in bad faith

in fact it's not just "super duper basic", it's downright scummy
I'll get into why once I cast my vote, which will come with a summary of what strikes me as the scummiest parts of what dramonic has done
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay I'm caught up now so I'll throw out my vote
VOTE: dramonic
now for the why, there's a whole lot I could probably get into but 2 posts deserve immediate mention.

then again...10 years...

This is just not how town scumhunts at all? No one should have to "fill the mantle" of scumread spots. This isn't genuine sorting, it's manufactured cookie-cutter sorting. The exact thing I called Not_Mafia out for in a past multiball mini open (Fire and Ice setup), where he ended up flipping scum. So I have history of catching scum with this.
In post 461, dramonic wrote:The moral of that story is kill it with fire before it can kill the town. :D

Edit: one is her scumbuddy
In addition, I've seen this "they're X person's scumbuddy" comment a few times from dramonic, and it's not good either. It speaks to a mindset of only really hunting for one team, which is what scum would be doing. Pretty sure Dunnstral also caught onto this somewhat, though he opted to vote teacher instead.
<Embrace The Void>

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by dramonic »

It speaks to a mindset of watching them buddy inthread actually, but okay
I'm a hoot
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 537, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 398, dramonic wrote:You don't get to be scum and say "oh it's my meta, I have immunity!" ya funny lad
X
explain this - i agree pretty hard with what dram is saying here
In post 541, Gamma Emerald wrote:this is super obtuse, even for you. Why would someone only care about your SRs? Is this some advanced shading method?
Agreed - except for the super obtuse even for you part. I see this behavior out of A50.
In post 545, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay I'm caught up now so I'll throw out my vote
VOTE: dramonic
ahh there it is

see i remember that we used to disagree on a lot of things but then we'd find common ground and we were having much too much common ground this game
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by dramonic »

Apparently I don't know how to scumhunt :(
I'm a hoot
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 547, Hiraki wrote:explain this - i agree pretty hard with what dram is saying here
it's not that hard to understand? Hiraki wasn't talking about his meta at all there
site meta is essentially how the site views certain plays or whatever, things such as "Eliminate all lurkers" and such.

also, well f*** you too
(not really that mad, just don't know why you decided to go for a cheap shot and feel kinda hurt)
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Open Games”