RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2172, the worst wrote:
In post 2169, RCEnigma wrote:His mini spat with Raya day 2 just looked really contrived from the outside looking in and even as it was playing out I thought it looked awful but I could see SS leaving that interaction as a red herring.
This is definitely astute.
I think the reverse is true for his comment about SS/Ydra being ridiculous in a way? Unless the last scum is A50 he's intentionally left little breadcrumbs or red herrings to his partner & the set miselim. I have this wonky feeling we're meant to be reading into his decision to leave before his partner but I also don't really feel inclined to do that :P
Asking why he escaped is the kind of wifom I don't really want to get into. It's just as useful as asking why his partner didn't without knowing his partner.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1675, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 2.Final
Montosh
(7):
Menalque (), Titus (), Fredrick A Campbell (), Almost50 (), Snowblaze (), Eevee (), Umlaut ()
Almost50
(3):
Ydrasse (), Raya36 (), Montosh ()
Raya36
(1):
Something_Smart ()
Something_Smart
(1):
RCEnigma ()

Not Voting
(0):

With 12 alive, it’s 7 to lynch. Montosh has been lynched.
I'm so mad.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2175, RCEnigma wrote:Asking why he escaped is the kind of wifom I don't really want to get into. It's just as useful as asking why his partner didn't without knowing his partner.
sure. but every piece of info they've made public has happened via scum agency. their decisions are the most pertinent alignment indicative factors in the game. so I don't think we should go down that particular rabbit hole but I think we should be wary.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by the worst »

soulread: Titus would engage me about the idea of scum!A50
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2174, the worst wrote:friendly reminder scum made the decision to clear Fred (even tho he was p unlikely aligned with Mohab but whatever) - do we think Raya allows that kind of loose end in her iso as endgame wolf?
It wasn't actually an option. The consensus was that his towntell was genuine. He's the closest thing to a universal townread we had day 1. If there is anything interesting in who scum chose to confirm it won't be found in Frederick, Umlaut, or Eevee. All 3 were widely townread and predictable flips. Maybe more townpoints to A50 for that?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:33 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2177, the worst wrote:
In post 2175, RCEnigma wrote:Asking why he escaped is the kind of wifom I don't really want to get into. It's just as useful as asking why his partner didn't without knowing his partner.
sure. but every piece of info they've made public has happened via scum agency. their decisions are the most pertinent alignment indicative factors in the game. so I don't think we should go down that particular rabbit hole but I think we should be wary.
I agree but the problem is, we as the uninformed will certainly come up with more scenarios for why than the scenario that actually played out. Scum have 1 plan and we have unlimited possibilities.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:34 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 2178, the worst wrote:soulread: Titus would engage me about the idea of scum!A50
Make A50 call me scum and I'll scum case him.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:37 pm

Post by the worst »

This is a philosophical discussion for another day I think- we're both right and both wrong, just important that we don't get bogged down with possibilities. The answer has to like make sense with the reality we live in, but it's pretty improbable that we'll divine the answer based on mech decisions and all that
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2181, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 2178, the worst wrote:soulread: Titus would engage me about the idea of scum!A50
Make A50 call me scum and I'll scum case him.
hey rce I heard a certain monkey thinks you're scum
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Eevee »

In post 2167, the worst wrote:so flinging everything she has at Raya and praying is like exact wincon
I think town in her shoes is probably more inclined to get paranoid of A50 or revisit her read on you
It just feels...maybe constructed?...definitely convenient
This was how I was feeling too. I was thinking it was Ydrasse before, so maybe I'm a bit biased, but her trajectory today is dodgy. If she came to Raya by POE, does she have a whole case ready? On the other hand, if she thought she was scummy, why isn't she considering other people?

I pretty much vote Ydrasse here.

~Eva
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Eevee »

I was briefly reconsidering RCE as well, but no one seems able to case him, and again, Ydrasse's trajectory today is weird so

~Eva
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Eevee »

But I have a feeling if we lynch Ydrasse, it's gonna be someone else, but if we lynch someone else, it's always going to be Ydrasse D:

I'm going to ask Eve for her opinion, but I will probably vote Ydrasse soon if no one has any objections.

~Eva
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:50 am

Post by the worst »

hello I now think A50 is more likely than rce and I don't know where Raya fits in that

pedit: basically exactly that too ya ;-;
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Ydrasse »

hi. i feel damned no matter what i do; focus on one person or “keep my options open”.

my case on raya spawned only after the s_s escape.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Eevee »

I still... really don't think it's Raya; she's felt very natural and present in this game which I think is a quality scum!her doesn't have. She's just obvtown.

If she is scum, I'd feel fine loosing to her and really happy her scumgame's gotten so much better, but I just don't think it's her.

~Eva

p-edit: mm I feel bad if I'm biasing, but I think it's still different. It's like what I think scum!you feels obliged to do, rather than your natural reaction.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Ydrasse »

if you want me to be honest i feel obliged to get someone other than me elimmed so that the town loss isn’t on me, i guess?

also i feel i’m in a corner where if i even try to consider other things people will just use that to say i’m going back on myself which like. yeah. but it feels there’s no room for me to ever reconsider if someone posts something new and spicy for fear of some using it as the reason to vote me out.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Eevee »

Fine D; taking back intent to vote. I'm gonna think about it some more. Everyone please be careful with their votes...

~Eva

p-edit: but surely, as town, you want to find the actual last mafia so we can WIN, and not just get someone else out so you feel less bad?
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Eevee »

inb4 conbias again, but this seems like a scum mindset, because as scum, you need any elimination apart from yourself to win.

~Eva
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i wanna find mafia, yes? i didnt think that i needed to make that sentiment clear.

however, to some degree /anyone/ other than me works because it’s not me, and therefore it has a chance to be one of the other three.

it’s survivialistic and i’m aware but at least there’s a chance of a town win that way even if we vote out someone i townread. but at this point i’m hyper aware of how everyone is going to interpret me and my posts. you can call it me being conscious as scum but it’s more of just wanting to do the things that will get people to listen to me when i say it makes no sense for me to be scum after s_s escapes.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:37 am

Post by the worst »

I mean I think we've all been aware of the fact scum 100% win if they aren't elim'd vs. town whatever% win if they're not elim'd but beyond that, like

if that's the case I'm not sure why you aren't reconsidering slots other than Raya?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:37 am

Post by the worst »

I'm like transparently willing to talk about scum A50 or scum rce. I don't feel like anyone has engaged me or tried to engage me on this. might be like biasing because I think I'm great tho
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Eevee »

I appreciate you being honest because regardless of your alignment, I was sensing some sort of "I need to look town and not keep my options open because that's a blatantly scummy thing to do, so I'm going to do the opposite and focus on one person."

I *guess* it's possible to do that as town but 1) level zero mafia tells me this is just a scum mindset 2) none of the others make sense to me right now 3) the person you picked on was Raya, who was the person I was most confident on

If it's not you, and I'm pretty sure it's not Raya, who is it and why does that make sense?

~Eva
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i mean, i guess if you think it's a scum mindset i can't really... change that. lmao. but i hope it explains why i feel like i've been pushed into a corner and why i feel like when i get elimmed i'll feel bad about letting everyone down. i've never really... been in this situation i guess as any sort of non-pr!town play, where there was a lot of pressure on me, so it's hard for me to parse what to do in a way that won't get everyone to jump on me and confbias themselves. i definitely feel like i'm just flailing at this point trying and hoping to somehow hit scum so we can win despite having like, zero sway lmao.

i feel that, at this point, at least 2/3 people in the pool that can be scum (raya/a50) could and probably would point to me changing my opinions as me keeping my options open (and raya has already said as much). that is why i'm reluctant to talk about anyone else, which... i guess makes sense if i think about it. it's a super easy thing for scum to jump on for me not having any footing right now and scrambling to come up with something.

the raya case was genuine, though it wasn't anything i was thinking about until today. i still think that the way s_s pushed for 1 on/1 off on the wagon was... strange. but if he played a game where he was trying to lie only by omission rather than making up a ton of stuff it is possible that that is the case.

which, between a50 and rce, i lean towards a50. disregarding the vote and push onto s_s (which is why i stopped thinking it could be a50 today) i've already pushed there, and it nearly went through before it pivoted away. i think that he's been absent through a large part of this day and i don't really know what to make about his sureness on voting me and also saying that because no one has towncased me he's content with it?

i also don't really know what was the point of asking me the hypothetical of who i would push on today if he escaped. i guess to show that like... i would have been open to anything? he never made any comment about it again.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2197, Ydrasse wrote:i guess if you think it's a scum mindset i can't really... change that.
this is literally what you do to win the game...
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by the worst »

`-`
I feel like my vote makes me a good townie but a bad person
help

Return to “Completed Open Games”