Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 657, Dannflor wrote:
In post 651, dramonic wrote:... Is there a word for fake lack-of-confidence?
it's called hedging but I don't think that's what menalque is trying to do here
okay lol I'm out of it if I forgot what hedging is
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 669, Hiraki wrote:
In post 667, Umlaut wrote:Ugh I shouldn't have signed up for another game, I thought I'd be more engaged this time but I'm just endlessly playing catchup

(Which I am about to do now)
In post 665, Hiraki wrote:2 + 2 = 4 - 1 = 3
On a completely unrelated note, I hate the way this is written.
quick maths
you see I was going to post this myself but you beat me to the punch
(that is a good song tho)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 am

Post by teacher »

In post 666, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 614, Hiraki wrote:im confused what you see differently then
I think I'm actually on the same page with how that Mena post is being interpreted now

I still want teacher to explain his earlier thing though
Not sure what you were looking for - call it out?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 670, Menalque wrote:
In post 609, Gamma Emerald wrote:I am a little concerned by how you’re not really trying to parse my meaning at all? It’s just “what does this mean” a whole bunch. Doesn’t make me think you’re really trying to understand what I’m saying.
Ftr, i object to this characterisation, I’m trying, failing to do so at points because what you’ve said is unclear to me, and seeking clarification

Like I don’t think it’s reasonable at all to expect me to understand what you meant by “he’s like a prodigal son sort of” and think that if I had taken a guess as to what you meant, it would always have been ambiguous and likely would have led to miscommunication

This feels like straight shade, honestly
it's more a reaction to how you phrase your questions, not the questions themselves
there's no signs you're actually comprehending anything I say
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 677, teacher wrote:
I think I'm actually on the same page with how that Mena post is being interpreted now

what "detailed meta case" did Menalque have on Hiraki?
<Embrace The Void>

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:49 am

Post by teacher »

In post 679, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 677, teacher wrote:

what "detailed meta case" did Menalque have on Hiraki?
Mena called his case meta before he detailed it. I suppose he meant meta in terms of outside-of-game influence. It was the angleshoot bit. I dont see that coming on a partner, ever.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 625, Hiraki wrote:Yeah Dunn imma need a little more from you
Sure, I plan on talking more as the game continues to exist
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 460, Almost50 wrote:The only game she played on MS previously she was town. I noticed both Umlaut and Menalque were in it, and now I am even more confused because one (Menalque) is defending her and the other (obviously Umlaut) says she looks bad. Do I really need to read that game in details? (Hint: I am NOT going to, so settle it out between the two of you and return a decision ASAP if you please)
It's almost like Menalque and I can have differing opinions about something?

Like, what do you find confusing about this?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 372, teacher wrote: 1. Multiball dynamics matter because scum do want to scumhunt, just the other team. (I infer the townlean on Dann was for starting substantive discussion)
Yes, I know and in certain cases this applies to, I just think it's a cheap way to let a window open to backpedal from a townread, because multiball. That's how I got interpreted it too, but I mean either you think Dann looks like town for starting discussion or you think that it could potentially come from scum. I don't see why a second scum team would matter here.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 415, Marashu wrote: I agree with a lot of what dram has said, but I think I feel more strongly that teacher is scum than Dann is scum.
Originally I felt we were getting similar vibes regarding teacher in the beginning with his moderate attitude, at least from your first bigger post. I am rather leaning town there atm, what is it that makes you scumreading teacher?

And yeah, what does it mean to you that Mena seems more meta focussed here? (although I think a lot of it was just site meta talk) Do you think it's alignment-indicative in comparision to your last game with him?
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Testarossa »

I am not sure if it is because it's so late or because I felt some discussions during catching up were so redundant. Tbh it felt like Mena/dram conversations aren't hardly going anywhere and I don't feel I get anything that useful out of these.

A50 being cagey about his townreads was a bit curious, his thinking makes kind of sense though. What I actually liked was his approach to his scumread Haven, he wasn't damning her, but actually genuinely tried to pass the ball to her in order to show to him that she is town. Feel ok with calling A50 town here.

I have to reread Gamma again tbh (hi and welcome!), his strong stance pro Hiraki is definitely interesting, tbh it feels a bit too strong to me to call them partners though.
I am so-so on his dram suspicion, I think "filling" the four slots for his scumreads isn't really scummy, to me it's a bit more concerning that his four reads seem to be that static. Which seems a bit odd regarding Dann and teacher, where I think he wasn't that confident as with Mena/Haven. His conviction feels pretty real to me if I go by his Haven case. Not really scummy, I just wonder if he has a tendency to get into an early tunnel.

The scummiest slot seems to be Haven, I didn't found her first posts and self-awareness that scummy. It's her acting once she got pressured by dram and A50, instead of trying to figure them out it's either excuses or lashing back. Ok with voting her, but want to read through the games that A50 pointed out by tomorrow, to draw my own conclusion out of it, if he says that this behaviour comes from her as any alignment. VOTE: TripleHaven
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by Testarossa »

@Gamma:
Sorry, if I just missed it while catching up, what is your take on Dann and teacher, if you are town on Hiraki? Or are you only wary about Mena on those, that are pushing him?
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 1.9TripleHaven (4) - Almost50, dramonic, Hiraki, Testarossa [E-3]
Hiraki (2) - Menalque, Umlaut
teacher (2) - Marashu, Dunnstral
dramonic (2) - TripleHaven, Gamma Emerald
Dunnstral (2) - teacher, Dannflor
Almost50 (1) - Gypyx

Not voting:

With 13 alive it takes 7 to exile.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2020-08-23 18:40:00) or when an exile is reached.

Dannflor is V/LA until Saturday sometime.

Dannflor is V/LA until Saturday sometime.
time will end
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 681, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 625, Hiraki wrote:Yeah Dunn imma need a little more from you
Sure, I plan on talking more as the game continues to exist
It be hard not to.
TripleHaven
TripleHaven
Goon
TripleHaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by TripleHaven »

Someone give me motivation to read tghe last 4 pages lmao
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I can’t deal with anything more today so I’ll put off reading to tomorrow
<Embrace The Void>

Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:42 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 684, Testarossa wrote:
In post 415, Marashu wrote: I agree with a lot of what dram has said, but I think I feel more strongly that teacher is scum than Dann is scum.
Originally I felt we were getting similar vibes regarding teacher in the beginning with his moderate attitude, at least from your first bigger post. I am rather leaning town there atm, what is it that makes you scumreading teacher?

And yeah, what does it mean to you that Mena seems more meta focussed here? (although I think a lot of it was just site meta talk) Do you think it's alignment-indicative in comparision to your last game with him?
His posts feel pretty dispassionate, like he's trying to be a mediator to appear engaged. By this I mean he's not really taking any hard stances unless called on. is where I started getting scum vibes. doesn't come from a town mindset, in my opinion, and I haven't really seen anything that's getting me to see this slot as town.

I was wrong about Mena being more meta focused. The couple instances I mentioned in just left a strong impression. As for it being AI, I thought it was kinda scummy, especially trying to dismiss dram's reads not because they stand up within context of this game but because of factors outside of the game. So I guess it's more what he was trying to do with the meta rather than the focus itself that I found suspect.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:52 am

Post by Menalque »

Mara, I’m trying to explain why I think dram is so wrong if town. Fmpov (knowing I’m town) dram has been pushing conftown, and three of my top townreads. My explanations for that are either (1) he’s scum (2) he’s incompetent (3) something else.

I started to come round to him not being scum after talking to Dann about it, which meant he’s either incompetent or something else is at play. He’s certainly overconfident and abrasive, but neither of those things necessarily implies incompetence. I know it’s a factor (I can pull posts if you like) that players returning to the site often struggle to perform as they once did because the meta *has* changed. That’s a fact, not my opinion. You can find multiple people talking about how it’s changed and to an extent in what ways if you look at what people who have been around through the transition say.

So given that why is it scummy for me to be using meta to explain why I think dram has his reads ass-backwards instead as opposed to the natural response for town!me after coming round to a position of dram!town?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:53 am

Post by Menalque »

I think it’s interesting that it’s a struggle to get voted on hiraki when I think two people have expressed a townread on him and that’s it.

I think this is also probably scum indicative because I don’t think scum want to hit scum on D1 (even from the other team).
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:57 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 692, Menalque wrote:Mara, I’m trying to explain why I think dram is so wrong if town. Fmpov (knowing I’m town) dram has been pushing conftown, and three of my top townreads. My explanations for that are either (1) he’s scum (2) he’s incompetent (3) something else.

I started to come round to him not being scum after talking to Dann about it, which meant he’s either incompetent or something else is at play. He’s certainly overconfident and abrasive, but neither of those things necessarily implies incompetence. I know it’s a factor (I can pull posts if you like) that players returning to the site often struggle to perform as they once did because the meta *has* changed. That’s a fact, not my opinion. You can find multiple people talking about how it’s changed and to an extent in what ways if you look at what people who have been around through the transition say.

So given that why is it scummy for me to be using meta to explain why I think dram has his reads ass-backwards instead as opposed to the natural response for town!me after coming round to a position of dram!town?
Hm, ok. Yeah. That makes sense.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:59 am

Post by Menalque »

Also, while you’re around, what do you think about the reasons I gave for hiraki!scum in
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Menalque »

Gypx do you have thoughts yet?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:35 am

Post by Marashu »

A bunch of work meetings - expect a reply in about 2h
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:38 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 692, Menalque wrote:I know it’s a factor (I can pull posts if you like) that players returning to the site often struggle to perform as they once did because the meta *has* changed. That’s a fact, not my opinion. You can find multiple people talking about how it’s changed and to an extent in what ways if you look at what people who have been around through the transition say.
FYI this is adamantly false because if Menalque had taken a second, he would know that I've "returned" to the site since March and my last hiatus was in late 2018. I haven't taken a 5 year trip around the world or anything.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:48 am

Post by Menalque »

I was talking about dram?