Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1048, Dannflor wrote:I mean if we're talking about flipping for info I'm somewhat interested in Jake given that slot has been the top wagon all day
Okay but counterpoint

I think hiraki will flip scum and I don’t think Jake will

Like hiraki is the most productive slot to flip who I actively think will flip scum
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Menalque »

If you both think I’m town

Don’t really think hiraki is town

And don’t feel super strongly that any other slot is scum

Then can you please just work with me here and vote hiraki so we can actually get some progress?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 913, Testarossa wrote:@teacher:
Considering you were nullscum on Marashu, what do you make of their recent posting? Particularly about his reflection of his arguments concerning his read on you?

I am done, sorry for the multiposts. :(
I actually think I missed the reflection. I saw the change in vote, but I don’t remember any reflection/reasons for a changed read. Call it out?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by teacher »

Not yet from me mate. Probs will put it up in a couple days. Sorry if I’m being a stuck in the mud.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1035, teacher wrote:Bell is your alt outed? (I think you said do you know who I am at some point, apologies if fuzzy memories misled me)
Nono, it’s a trope.
“Do you know who I am!?” Was in response to what hiraki said above me. It’s short hand in some television to introduce thugs with that line screen to present a character as entitled/evil. It’s kind of lazy writing because it presents people as 2 dimensional.
Last played here 6 years ago.

Busy. Post later.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm conflicted Menalque because I keep coming back to thinking Hiraki might actually be town

I'm gonna take a short break from the thread because my mind keeps going in circles and I'm not gonna accomplish anything more by thinking out loud

I'll come back with some conviction hopefully and put my vote down
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1044, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1032, Bell wrote:Does dannflorr always think out loud?
I tend to try to be as transparent with my thoughts as possible yes
Hmm. Sometimes i see scum write out loud so that they stay in character. Rather they think about how’d they play as town and forget to put the script down.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Bell »

Don’t have time to meta this rn.
Other people’s thoughts?
@teacher see it. Thx.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1034, Bell wrote:He’a pinged my scumdar twice by thinking outloud.
Wanna share? I don't see anything bad yet.
In post 1036, Menalque wrote:I’m now thinking quite strongly that flipping dunn is a bad move and I’d like you to compromise back on hiraki, dann
There's still a week left. Are you that desperate?
In post 1037, Menalque wrote:It’s enough time to decently analyse but it also forces people to shit or get off the pot instead of these dumbassed killing time days where we’re basically producing a whole lot of dogshit when the only thing that’s liable to meaningfully progress the game is a flip
keep crying ya baby
In post 1039, Menalque wrote:Hiraki is scum or hiraki is not scum

The gamestate looks very different depending on which one of those is true

The only way to find out is flipping him and seeing what colour shows, so can we get to the doing that please instead of this endless back and forth in a no-info gamestate?
~so innovative~
In post 1041, Menalque wrote:What is the great advantage in dragging out the day another 4-5 IRL days for the possibility that dunn or gypx start playing harder?
So you don't care about reading them if they do actually become readable?
In post 1045, teacher wrote:and scum is just lightly positioning around them.
wonder whom
In post 1049, teacher wrote:
In post 1033, Hiraki wrote:
In post 1031, Dannflor wrote:also re: Jake

I just noticed he isn't voting a counter wagon despite being the top wagon himself. maybe his strategy is just to look town and hope the pressure evaporates, but the lack of any counter push at all from him is curious
I agree with this. This is why I pressured him on picking someone to focus on rather than saying "someone on my wagon is BAD!" He was unable to do that.
Wouldn’t a strong counter be more survivalist ic at this point? I’m not sure what point the two of you are making — sure it’s interesting, but how are you taking that?
Not following.
In post 1053, Menalque wrote:Then can you please just work with me here and vote hiraki so we can actually get some progress?
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

imagine if i cried for almost 40 pages to lynch just one person? and people tried to call me out for not progressing other reads? menalque can't do anything without me or dram being dead
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1060, Hiraki wrote:
wonder whom
your broader thoughts would actually be welcome, rather than this empty aside.

I just noticed he isn't voting a counter wagon despite being the top wagon himself. maybe his strategy is just to look town and hope the pressure evaporates, but the lack of any counter push at all from him is curious
I agree with this. This is why I pressured him on picking someone to focus on rather than saying "someone on my wagon is BAD!" He was unable to do that.
Wouldn’t a strong counter be more survivalist ic at this point? I’m not sure what point the two of you are making — sure it’s interesting, but how are you taking that?
Not following.
me implying that Jakes lack of a push/joining the larger counterwagon could be viewed as Townie. I’m pretty content that I’m not voting that slot today.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 1039, Menalque wrote:Hiraki is scum or hiraki is not scum

The gamestate looks very different depending on which one of those is true

The only way to find out is flipping him and seeing what colour shows, so can we get to the doing that please instead of this endless back and forth in a no-info gamestate?
We'd get plenty more information from your flip or Jake's, the latter because his wagon is stalled for no reason, the former because we'll get to out the people who think you spending 200 posts doing absolutely jack besides ask other people to feed you thoughts you can emulate is somehow town.
In post 1046, Menalque wrote:I think dann is still very probably town despite a slight unease around his dunn flip flop. I doubt anything that will happen without a flip bus going to change my read on you or dann unless you were to legit scumslip which let’s face it, won’t happen
He says as he just flip flopped off the dunn wagon
In post 1048, Dannflor wrote:I mean if we're talking about flipping for info I'm somewhat interested in Jake given that slot has been the top wagon all day
^^^^^^^^^^^^
In post 1052, Menalque wrote:
Okay but counterpoint

I think hiraki will flip scum and I don’t think Jake will

Like hiraki is the most productive slot to flip who I actively think will flip scum
There's nothing productive to flip from hikari. People voting him are mad that he's abrasive and doesnt want to join in the massive kumbaya nightmare this game has been, and can't distinguish between that and scumplay.
There's like... A solid 2% chance Hikari flips scum.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 1061, teacher wrote:
wonder whom
your broader thoughts would actually be welcome, rather than this empty aside.

Not following.
me implying that Jakes lack of a push/joining the larger counterwagon could be viewed as Townie. I’m pretty content that I’m not voting that slot today.
Why would he? I'm pretty sure he can see his wagon is stalled and this town is idiotic enough to hang themselves if he doesn't do anything.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by teacher »

Dram who are your four scum at this point?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1061, teacher wrote:your broader thoughts would actually be welcome, rather than this empty aside.
Menalque
In post 1061, teacher wrote:me implying that Jakes lack of a push/joining the larger counterwagon could be viewed as Townie. I’m pretty content that I’m not voting that slot today.
I'm not gonna force you but I don't see the argument for that. We're starting to go into "well this
could
be townie" territory. I'd like to think that a townie would be a bit more agile if they're able to write so much. I could be assuming too much there myself. But either way, I've thought what you're putting down - just think that there's a higher probability of scum rather than the townie thinking. Plausible but not very reasonable to me.
In post 1063, dramonic wrote:Why would he? I'm pretty sure he can see his wagon is stalled and this town is idiotic enough to hang themselves if he doesn't do anything.
I actually don't agree with this. I smell newbiescum who doesn't know what to do. That's why we've got the multiple "oh wow, my predecessor DID suck" points.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by teacher »

There’s also angleshooty reasons I’m disinclined to vote the Jake slot today. That’s all I can or will say on the matter to try to abide the rules.

Do you have any scumreads other than menalque? And has the Menalque read changed from the overreaction (which I think I finally understand, on the 82nd read :lol: )
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1066, teacher wrote:Do you have any scumreads other than menalque?
Jake

I'm pretty null with everyone else other than Dann, yourself, Dram, Gamma, and Testa (TR).

I would still like to hear more from Dunn/Gypyx. Mara is a solid null read. There are times where I've said it's a TR and others where I wanted to vote and I don't really have a grasp atm. I'm not good at reading A50 so I'm gonna leave that at a null too.
In post 1066, teacher wrote:And has the Menalque read changed from the overreaction (which I think I finally understand, on the 82nd read :lol: )
yeah but it hasn't gone up, if that's what you're asking. if you're asking if there's more fuel, sure. is it fuel that i want to burn right now? no - i enjoy my brain cells and i understand that he's not dying today so it's not worth my time
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 1064, teacher wrote:Dram who are your four scum at this point?
Menalque Jake Bell Dann.
The latter two are flexible, but I am REALLY not feeling this whole "let's lynch a lurker instead of scumreads!" charade.

I'm solidly town on Hikari and gamma
somewhat town on testa

There are other players in this game.
I'm a hoot
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Hiraki »

my list forgot bell because i definitely wrote this down and then deleted it because i hated the phrasing and i think it's weird but w/e

i also have been paranoid reading bell but mostly because of umlaut rather than bell

i almost never read umlaut correctly when i have scum pings on him (which i did) i actually issue town points but now he's not here so bell has all of this "town" credit which he hasn't done a lot with other than hiraki bad
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 1067, Hiraki wrote:yeah but it hasn't gone up, if that's what you're asking. if you're asking if there's more fuel, sure. is it fuel that i want to burn right now? no - i enjoy my brain cells and i understand that he's not dying today so it's not worth my time
For the same reason Jake isn't dying right now I'd wager. They're both excellent wagons, clogged by people screaming "Well my grandma's sister's cat's third niece played a game where Menalque posted, so I think he's town here"
I'm a hoot
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Bell »

i’m hearing you complaining about cliques here draconic.
Is that a correct interpretation.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Bell »

I’m seeing a pattern of you trying to break up any consolidation of town reads.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Bell »

I’m seeing a back and forth romance between hiraki and dramonic. That is frankly kind of townie. Because, not really seeing much in the way of manipulation of trust.

Nah, both jake and hiraki are high info elims, but the goal is to hit scum this round. Being subjective and biased about it isn’t doing it for me.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

"To answer why I haven't voted on any counter wagon: I see no reason to. The day is young, and time is plentiful, even if some will have theirs violently stolen from them. I would rather be certain about my vote being on an evil than needing to protect myself from death. Of course, this will change if time gets
cut
short."

Jake's eyes flashed red for a split-second.

"For the time being, I'm abstaining my vote."

Return to “Completed Open Games”