Rata Mall - Zombie Chat

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

You don't happen to know the name of the Brewery do you?

I'm just wondering about the presence of Red Skulls on the keypad, seems like an oddly specific indicator for a checkbox to have.

Maybe its the Red Skull Brewery? Maybe I'm clutching at straws.
Rubberducky you're the one.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 4, Battle Mage wrote:I think you over-estimate the strength of other players - I believe there are weaker players who are rolling around 1d4 too. I think i started at 1d6 and I was the 3rd strongest. so most are 1d5 and lower. As you say though, that's before weapons. My stick isn't really much of a weapon - it's a magic alcohol-finding stick. :giggle:
Ok, Ambic clarified this for me. If we are in combat together, it is my dice roll + dice your roll vs the target's dice roll.

For example: If we both attack a player it's counted 1d4+1d2 vs 1d4

Therefore the minimum attack value we have is 2 and the current max is 6.

If we can pick up one more recruit, it will be 1d4+1d2+1d2
Giving us an attack range of d3-d8

We can still lose a fight this way. Because zombies are basically a 50/50 coin flip for rolling a 1 or a 2.
If we collectively roll 2+1+1 for a total of 4 and an opponent rolls 1d6 and gets 5, they can choose what happens as a result of that combat victory from 1. Kill 2.Rob, or 3. Knockout.
There is no Health Point system, so if we lose combat and the other player elects to kill, then whichever target they want is killed. (Meaning my aspirin is useless or has some other application)

It's slightly different if we are defending an attack, depending on who gets targeted, how and when the attack occurs i.e. Like how I attacked you from behind while you were performing another action, and lastly if any weapon modifiers are applied. i.e. Trying to bring a fist to a crossbow fight when the opponent is on the other side of the room.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

BM, In the book store, was there mention of copy of "Frankenstein; or The Modern Prometheus."

"Remember her who created what you are trying to do."

If the phrase was a clue left for me by Dr. Ben Nerrow (who owned a store in the mall), it might be referring to Mary Shelley, the Author and creator of Frankenstein's Monster. My flavor text indicated Nerrow owned a store in the Mall, it seems odd that there is a secret room hidden inside a cafe.

Victor Frankenstein builds the creature in the attic of his boarding house through an ambiguously described scientific method consisting of chemistry (from his time as a student at University of Ingolstadt) and alchemy

My role is also using science and chemistry to create undead.

"Zombies have a complex literary heritage, with antecedents ranging from Richard Matheson and H. P. Lovecraft to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein drawing on European folklore of the undead."
Zombie, -Wikipedia

Approximately 12 hours left until deadline.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 51, RubberDuck wrote:
In post 4, Battle Mage wrote:I think you over-estimate the strength of other players - I believe there are weaker players who are rolling around 1d4 too. I think i started at 1d6 and I was the 3rd strongest. so most are 1d5 and lower. As you say though, that's before weapons. My stick isn't really much of a weapon - it's a magic alcohol-finding stick. :giggle:
Ok, Ambic clarified this for me. If we are in combat together, it is my dice roll + dice your roll vs the target's dice roll.

For example: If we both attack a player it's counted 1d4+1d2 vs 1d4

Therefore the minimum attack value we have is 2 and the current max is 6.

If we can pick up one more recruit, it will be 1d4+1d2+1d2
Giving us an attack range of d3-d8

We can still lose a fight this way. Because zombies are basically a 50/50 coin flip for rolling a 1 or a 2.
If we collectively roll 2+1+1 for a total of 4 and an opponent rolls 1d6 and gets 5, they can choose what happens as a result of that combat victory from 1. Kill 2.Rob, or 3. Knockout.
There is no Health Point system, so if we lose combat and the other player elects to kill, then whichever target they want is killed. (Meaning my aspirin is useless or has some other application)

It's slightly different if we are defending an attack, depending on who gets targeted, how and when the attack occurs i.e. Like how I attacked you from behind while you were performing another action, and lastly if any weapon modifiers are applied. i.e. Trying to bring a fist to a crossbow fight when the opponent is on the other side of the room.
this is really useful info. As I noted previously, we aren't quite as weak as assumed, as even our 1d6 currently compares favourably to most players pre-weapons. And we have the benefit that only 1 of us could die in that situation. Defensively we should probably stick fairly close if we are in jeopardy then.

Of course, I've been spinning a yarn to most players that I have a gun, so can't imagine anyone attacking me.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

in case i just died in that fking freezer, beware of Talitha - try to recruit her
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:06 am

Post by RubberDuck »

No body = not dead. (Technically you are already dead sooo)

Im testing our telepathic link in the thread to see if we can still do this chat here.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:13 am

Post by RubberDuck »

I suspect Ambic would have locked this thread if it weren't possible for us to mind link, but he's in the process of bringing everyone back to the eatery and probably resolving last minute actions and events. Lets see what happens.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:19 am

Post by ambic »

Terry can no longer see this thread
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Primate »

Have I got a fun story for you if amb confirms I've kept my memory.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by ambic »

You have
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Yes, interrogation time
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Primate »

I'm very tired, so just the cliff notes.

CaptainMeme is a some kind of space cop. She has a Laser pistol, we were attacked by a guy dressed security in the bank and she vapourised him. She immediately asked us (me and groza) to show her the underside of our right upper arms. She's here to stop a AI hive mind that reproduces by gettings its members to drug people then implaning a small glowing green chip in their upper right arms. This wipes their memory as they get connected to the cloud. You are currently suspect #1 because you have the drugs. I was so tense becase I thought you were part of the *other* cult that drugs people. Neither the hive mind nor CaptainMeme's lot are the aliens that everyone's been talking about.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by ambic »

FOr the record - when BattleMage was converted, he was Rubberducks slave and could be ordered to do anything. THat proved impractical to me, so Im rescinding that down to attacks. Otherwise I expect you both to play nice and work together to win together.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Primate »

This was in the bank last phase by the way that this came out. We saw a picture of the aliens too, they've got big green heads.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

You have no idea how nervous I was trying to land another recruit after I lost the last one immediately, which made me look guilty as hell. Fortunately BM was vapourised, so they won’t find his body. But BM was cop cleared by Pooky in the bookstore in the first phase, and GC openly called BM corrupt in the eatery not knowing that Pooky had already cleared BM, Ariel and is planing on picking up talitha this round. Pooky BM and Ariel had also caught out GC lying about owning the mall.

BM had left me copious amounts of detail about Pooky’s group, which I spilled to Pooky claiming BM told me in good faith after I recruited him.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Primate »

So we should probably try and get you into the CaptainMeme+Groza+me group. No-one else knows I came here and we have passphrases to say to each other to prove we still have our memories.

Btw my original win condition was to have the most money at the end of the game, either winning with the good guys or an evil guy alone, hence this massive gold bar I'm lugging round.

As I say, I'm very tired, so I'm not going to try and come up with a plan now.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by ambic »

BTW That gold bar slowed you down in the fight. It wouldn't have changed anything, rolling a 1 is pretty unhelpful at the best of times.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Primate »

In post 52, RubberDuck wrote:BM, In the book store, was there mention of copy of "Frankenstein; or The Modern Prometheus."

"Remember her who created what you are trying to do."

If the phrase was a clue left for me by Dr. Ben Nerrow (who owned a store in the mall), it might be referring to Mary Shelley, the Author and creator of Frankenstein's Monster. My flavor text indicated Nerrow owned a store in the Mall, it seems odd that there is a secret room hidden inside a cafe.

Victor Frankenstein builds the creature in the attic of his boarding house through an ambiguously described scientific method consisting of chemistry (from his time as a student at University of Ingolstadt) and alchemy

My role is also using science and chemistry to create undead.

"Zombies have a complex literary heritage, with antecedents ranging from Richard Matheson and H. P. Lovecraft to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein drawing on European folklore of the undead."
Zombie, -Wikipedia

Approximately 12 hours left until deadline.
There was by the way. A copy of "Dr Frankensteins Monster."
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Yes, BM confirmed the presence of the book.

However, Xavier (Porochaz) has indicated that the secret cafe door is his and claimed that he has the backstory to confirm it. His role is “allegedly” a take on Marty McFly (Back to the future) and Morty Smith (Rick and Morty)

He went into the cafe in the first phase and was able to communicate with Johannes (Groza) in the basement through the speakers. However is adamant that he couldn’t get the door open - this then leads to the question of how did he communicate with Johannes.

He said, “I hope you are a friend. What do you see?” This means he knew Johannes was alone in the basement but was unable to see the room fully. It sounds like he has access to some kind of life signs detector, I.e a map that shows where people are by name and can possibly use it to connect to cameras and intercoms. He may have seen our altercation, so we will need an alibi for why I jumped you, ko’d you. I think we should make a scene of me patching you up in case he is watching.

Groza and I suspect the freezer is a time travelling and interdimensional freezer that Xavier needs to fix. Xavier claims to be looking for parts to get back to his future. Johannes (Groza)suspects it is a communication console that allows Xavier to use intercoms and view cctv. Speaking of which we need to start dealing with cctv cameras. It also potentially opens up into a mini verse much like the Tardis does in Dr Who.

I believe he needs to power it which is why he is adamant on fixing the generators. I convinced him to fix the gas in the basement as well, but in reality this was so I could turn on the gas hobs (stove and a heater) in the cafe, one of which is by the freezer and place batteries in the cafe microwave on a delay start, this blowing the room up. Alternatively, to gas that room then remain in the eatery and light some item on the flip and grill hotplate and throw it into the gassed cafe while Xavier and any friends of his are going back to that freezer.

Xavier (Porto) claims there is a creature chasing him to drain him of his youth and is specifically after him.
I’m glad now that you’ve given me evidence of NPC enemies, this means it could be an npc instead of a player.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Somewhere in this room is concealed, a vial or similar that I need to top up my syringe by +2

I currently have 1/3 doses remaining.. if we can find it (assuming another player hasn’t already taken it) I can top back up to 3 doses and attempt to recruit the remaining 3 players.

Means I really need to consider who is susceptible, I think anyone who is an alien or android(hive mind) is automatically going to be immune. This virus is for humans so we should consider that as a factor.

There are a total of 5 players that can be turned into zombies. Yourself and terry, were the first two, that means there are 3 players left who can be turned.

The rest of the players will need to be killed and I’m hoping we can land some traps or environmental kills to take out the majority. We might be able to convince Pooky and his gang to take out Green crayons as they have caught him lying twice already.

@
Ambic
, can we get an overview of our combined attack value zombies? Is it 1D4+2 for me + D2 + 1 -1 for Harry because of the effects of the crowbar, scissors, cane knife and -1 for the hold brick.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by ambic »

Yes. Thats the basics. However other influences can affect these, but even i wont know what they will be until they occur
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Harry, I’ve noticed Pooky trying to loot as much cash as possible as well, he robbed the machines in the eatery for cash and tried the atm.. instead of ditching the gold brick we should try trade it to him, for one of his weapons and he gains the -1 to combat and loses a weapon.

BM and I estimated he was the strongest player at 1D7 and we know he has a +1 crow bar, and potentially has a second weapon, for a max of 1D7+2,l.
he has Ariel and talitha following him, he might be too tough to dispose of. Ariel trusts him for now, but is not convinced his lie detector makes him a good cop.

You might have had competition for the cash grab Win condition.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Ducks convoluted plan for setting trap #1:

1. Heavy duty extension cable in hardware store.
2. Connect cable to basement generator #2 and basement water.
3. Turn off primary generator #1 before leaving.
4. Use barbershop shampoo on basement floor.
5. Victims slip on shampoo into electrified water when inspecting generator.

Ducks convoluted plan for setting trap #2:

Same thing but in barbershop.
1. Pour out water onto floor (I have a full kettle of water)
2. Plug in tampered hair clippers and leave in water
3. Carefully turn on power to clippers
4. Place shampoo.
5. Turn off lights
6. Push magazine stand hard up against light-switch to conceal the switch.
7. Next explorer goes zap

Ducks convoluted plan for setting trap #3:

1. Vent gas, ignite gas - simple.
2. Can be done in cafe, barbers and basement

Ducks convoluted plan for setting trap #4:

1. Have someone drink Cola + mentos, Xavier has the mentos, I have a cola and a Pepsi.

Ducks convoluted plan for setting trap #5:

1. Place heavy gold brick above barber door.
2. Carefully leave door ajar as we leave so next person has to open it.
3. Next person through gets a hefty gold brick to the head.
4. Person after that gets a gold brick and a -1 combat disadvantage.
..And as always, turn off light.

Ducks convoluted plan for setting trap #6:

1. Convince a player that running on the HW stores treadmill is required to open a door.
2. Pour shampoo on treadmill track
3. Strategically placed blade kills victim.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:26 am

Post by RubberDuck »

I'm just going through my game notes on the previous Eatery phase. Xavier (Porochaz) whispered to me ask if knew what your code was for.
Primate wrote: Give me $1 for me to tell you what the number 3748 means.
I told him it was probably a joke.. Give you a $1 to find out 3748 means "Nothing."
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Let me think about how this would play out..

Dice test:

Dr Lacey Higgs: (Crowbar +1, Sharp Scissors +1)
Original Roll String: 1d4
1 4-Sided Dice: (4) = 4

AND

Harry the Zombie: (Cane Knife Extended +1, Extremely Heavy Gold Ingot -1)
Original Roll String: 1d2
1 2-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

VS

Xavier Lynch: (Sharp Knife+1, Glass Shard +1)
Original Roll String: 1d4
1 4-Sided Dice: (3) = 3

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”