iNtuition
iNtuition
Townie
iNtuition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:51 am

Post by iNtuition »

In post 53, Casey wrote:So one person can stay behind to play matchmaker to ensure the game doesn't go off the rails.

I'm willing to stay behind and be the momma hen.
In post 122, Casey wrote:
In post 120, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 111, iNtuition wrote:i vote for myself, implo, and luncheon. i anti-vote mama and would like her to be last (well basically we don't need to clear the last person, so hell and mama should be the untrusted)

-hornet
Who is mama?
Remember that we can have 1 person "stay behind" in the endgame.
I volunteered myself.
Now with Intuition-Hornet trying to push myself AND hellbooks into the shadow realm,
that doesn't sit easy with me at all.
scum

-hornet
where am I? is this a hydra?
iNtuition
iNtuition
Townie
iNtuition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:52 am

Post by iNtuition »

In post 116, hellbooks wrote:maybe casey idk yeah i prob trust casey
In post 124, Casey wrote:My desire to snap-trust hellbooks is at an all-time high thanks to Intuition.
scum!

-hornet
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

No
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
iNtuition
iNtuition
Townie
iNtuition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:14 am

Post by iNtuition »

To expand:

pings as a designed to be town read (i think they call this lamist? is-this-lamist.butterfly). another way of looking at it is this. whats type of posts do townies make? or for what reason? (a) to express their views, (b) to inquire, (c) to push their scumreads, (d) to defend their town reads, (e) to work around mechanics. Scum, on the other hand, post for different reasons. (z) to look townie, (y) to distance from their buds, (x) to protect their buds, (w) to push a ml, (v) to pocket / manipulate.

53 pinges me as z. it's doesn't do a, b, c, or d. so what was her intent behind the post?? it could be e too, but considering it more, i don't get why town would want to stay behind?? all that does is eliminate a potential scummer being left behind. so it's like something a summer would think a townie would say "i will sacrifice myself for you my children, ascend to heaven" but really it's not a townie mindset at all

i think is trying to use my suspicion against hell to pocket hell for a trustfall! since im calling her bluff asking for her to stay behind, she is looking for an alternative route to ascending
iNtuition
iNtuition
Townie
iNtuition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:15 am

Post by iNtuition »

yes!

-hornet

--hornet
iNtuition
iNtuition
Townie
iNtuition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:17 am

Post by iNtuition »

the bolded in 122 quote up above i think is mama trying to back out. my intent behind my anti-vote was to call her bluff and see if she would stick to her volunteer. scum!her would need to find a way to back out of it
iNtuition
iNtuition
Townie
iNtuition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:28 am

Post by iNtuition »

In post 122, Casey wrote:I'm momma. Intuition-Hornet thinks I'm deep-wolfing myself into an autolose situation. I'm not a big fan of that logic
you bypassed my actual logic in a way that makes you look better. i don't think you actually
wan
t to stay behind.

-hornet
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 132, iNtuition wrote:the bolded in 122 quote up above i think is mama trying to back out. my intent behind my anti-vote was to call her bluff and see if she would stick to her volunteer. scum!her would need to find a way to back out of it
Walk me through how she’s walking it back? I see it but I don’t at the same time.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:24 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 121, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 62, hellbooks wrote:gamma is my most solid TR at this temporary moment
Intuition’s post regarding HB piqued my interest, and when I checked the context I found this, which seems sketchy in its own right. I don’t like the “temporary moment” thing, it reads like HB is trying to leave the back door open in case TRing me becomes too dangerous.
u just want to get lock towned by me :yawn:
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:25 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 130, iNtuition wrote:124 i think is trying to use my suspicion against hell to pocket hell for a trustfall! since im calling her bluff asking for her to stay behind, she is looking for an alternative route to ascending
no actually we are scum together
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:34 am

Post by redtea »

intuition, I don't think she's going to back out. And even if she tried, we can, like, hold her to it.
Casey stays till the end and we don't have to work out any wifom on her slot, since it literally doesn't matter what alignment she is as long as no one tf's her
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:34 am

Post by redtea »

Basically, it makes her conf town for all intents and purposes, whether or not she actually is.
*Old account here
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah I think redtea speaks what I couldn’t find the words for
<Embrace The Void>

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by implosion »

I swear to god I posted yesterday.

I don't really buy that argument for Casey-scum either; I think it's just a personality thing/if intuition is town it's town applying the way they look at the game to other people.

redtea is maybe townish.
iNtuition
iNtuition
Townie
iNtuition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by iNtuition »

I'm not sold on Casey being scum but I agree with hornet on the point that wanting to be 1 of the final 2 to stay behind is a very strange mindset to adopt. As town, you're effectively halving your chances of getting scum left behind, so I struggle to see the town-motivation for it.

As scum, the motivation is to look like you don't care about whether or not you're left behind, and to get someone to (hopefully) propose a trust fall to you.

Casey, why do you want to be left standing instead of increasing the chances of getting scum in the final 2?

~Marksman
iNtuition
iNtuition
Townie
iNtuition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by iNtuition »

In post 138, redtea wrote:Basically, it makes her conf town for all intents and purposes, whether or not she actually is.
In post 139, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah I think redtea speaks what I couldn’t find the words for
No, this logic is bad. If we think Casey is town, we want her trusted at some point and not in the final 2.
If we think Casey is scum, we want her in the final 2.

Leaving her in the final 2 simply so we can "treat her as conftown" is a bad strat and not how we should be playing this. If you think she could be scum, then sure, leave her there, but "policy" leaving her there simply because she volunteered despite not thinking she's scummy is dumb. The ultimate goal is to get the two scummiest slots in dumpster.

~Marksie
iNtuition
iNtuition
Townie
iNtuition
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by iNtuition »

Actually, I like hornet enough to do this now:

I trust hornet

Take me away.

~Marks
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 142, iNtuition wrote:
In post 138, redtea wrote:Basically, it makes her conf town for all intents and purposes, whether or not she actually is.
In post 139, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah I think redtea speaks what I couldn’t find the words for
No, this logic is bad. If we think Casey is town, we want her trusted at some point and not in the final 2.
If we think Casey is scum, we want her in the final 2.

Leaving her in the final 2 simply so we can "treat her as conftown" is a bad strat and not how we should be playing this. If you think she could be scum, then sure, leave her there, but "policy" leaving her there simply because she volunteered despite not thinking she's scummy is dumb. The ultimate goal is to get the two scummiest slots in dumpster.

~Marksie
Here's the issue with your thinking: there will ALWAYS be a town in the final 2 of a town win scenario, now that we've had one scum leave already. So the idea is we have one townie choose to be that person and try to guide the game into a town win.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 143, iNtuition wrote:Actually, I like hornet enough to do this now:

I trust hornet

Take me away.

~Marks
holy fucking shit if this isn't a shitpost I'm gonna die of laughter
<Embrace The Void>

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by implosion »

it is, in fact, a shitpost.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Casey »

In post 141, iNtuition wrote:I'm not sold on Casey being scum but I agree with hornet on the point that wanting to be 1 of the final 2 to stay behind is a very strange mindset to adopt. As town, you're effectively halving your chances of getting scum left behind, so I struggle to see the town-motivation for it.

As scum, the motivation is to look like you don't care about whether or not you're left behind, and to get someone to (hopefully) propose a trust fall to you.

Casey, why do you want to be left standing instead of increasing the chances of getting scum in the final 2?

~Marksman
Because hubris.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Casey »

In post 130, iNtuition wrote:To expand:

pings as a designed to be town read (i think they call this lamist? is-this-lamist.butterfly). another way of looking at it is this. whats type of posts do townies make? or for what reason? (a) to express their views, (b) to inquire, (c) to push their scumreads, (d) to defend their town reads, (e) to work around mechanics. Scum, on the other hand, post for different reasons. (z) to look townie, (y) to distance from their buds, (x) to protect their buds, (w) to push a ml, (v) to pocket / manipulate.

53 pinges me as z. it's doesn't do a, b, c, or d. so what was her intent behind the post?? it could be e too, but considering it more, i don't get why town would want to stay behind?? all that does is eliminate a potential scummer being left behind. so it's like something a summer would think a townie would say "i will sacrifice myself for you my children, ascend to heaven" but really it's not a townie mindset at all

i think is trying to use my suspicion against hell to pocket hell for a trustfall! since im calling her bluff asking for her to stay behind, she is looking for an alternative route to ascending
Hellbooks and I have pocketed each other so hard, we walk around with our hands in each other's jeans.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Casey »

Jeans'
pockets!
I mean jeans'
pockets!