Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:59 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 916, Fidget wrote:Trusssssst in me midway. Vote with me
In post 917, midwaybear wrote:Then puppy is going to do more ATE and I’ll feel bad...
It... just sounds like irony. This is influence at emotional level at its basis.
giv me pagetop :(
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:33 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 912, ready2rock wrote:Puppy, if you're not wanting kerset anymore, who would your main preference be? Can't get a sense of who you scumread more between midway and fidget (or who you townread less, as the case may be)
I keep changing my mind

Here's where I'm at:

My fidget townreads is 100% based on thread play and vibes. I think this is a strong read, I feel it in my gut.

The only thing I dislike about Fidg right now is her coming up with reasons why midway isn't so town after all, but then declaring he's off limits to her anyways

My midway townreads on reflection is something I've been forcing. It's not a strong feeling, it's something I "chose". I'm not sure it makes as much sense now
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:35 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

If you don't launch me, my two launches would be kerset and midway. I'm not sure what order

It looks like kerset and Fidg really want to make this me v. Midway. I think if I vote midway r2r will launch me and then game will go to lylo. I would be ok with that if I felt strong enough in a midway scumread to deffo say "he's who you should launch when i flip town". But I don't feel that confident atm
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:36 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

I also can't believe that the cute puppy is being accused of emotional manipulation :(

;)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:39 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Fidget, why do you want me so badly? There's a big case you've written up but it looks more like different thoughts trying to convince yourself. Always believed a good belief just needs one reason (though I don't do that myself always lol). Can you boil it down to one reason (or are we beyond talking -- if your read is that strong don't bother I guess)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:41 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 173, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 119, Ydrasse wrote:@battle mage: regarding your

1) what makes post awkward? i don't really see how it feels out of place.

2) the way you're viewing post feels at odds with your view on post . isn't midway outing a towny gutread being liberal with his allegiences?
In post 120, Ydrasse wrote:also i'm admittedly not great at gauging people when it comes to meta/going through old games but midway doesn't feel as aloof/combatative as he did last game when pressure was applied to him. i think that the top of is a bit aggressive but other than that it feels sort of relaxed in comparison?
In post 159, Ydrasse wrote:that being said, nosferatu, why do you say that about dunn/blair? i didn't take anything away from their exchange personally.
these posts all rub me the wrong way, just something about askind other people these questions when there's not much out there looks IMO like busywork, it's the kind of thing i'd expect from scum figuring out how to settle in early phase

but this is minor stuff so we can work on it
I also don't agree that I have absolutely no posts suspecting Ydrasse, look above. It seems like an odd argument for you to think I don't tbh. I think my game has been more having wild changing reads all over the place and I understand why my Ydrasse wagon hopping looks bad. But that isn't the reason you put in big bold letters
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:43 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

I swear it's like everyone is scumreading the players who townreads them hardest

Something weird in that
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:56 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

If I were scum right now, I'd need two mislaunches. How would I get there

It's not enough to mislaunch today because today's launch would need to set me up for tomorrow

Would it be easiest to go to a strict 3p lylo or do the Gambit of keeping r2r alive and trust he'd launch the other player? In this case it's have to be 3p lylo right

So I guess the question is which two players I'd want alive in lylo, who would give me the best chance of some sort of deadlock

Puppy/fidget

Puppy/kerset

Puppy/midway

Fidget/kerset

Fidget/midway

Midway/kerset

It would have to be a lylo that excludes any two players who townreads each other. That would rule out... Lmao I'm not sure it rules any out. Until Fidg voted me I might have said puppy/Fidg. Puppy/midway?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:57 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 928, CantHateAPuppy wrote:I also can't believe that the cute puppy is being accused of emotional manipulation :(

;)
bad dog :(
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:04 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

I don't actually see the logic for a Mafi kill. At the end he had loose scumread on me and the Blair/Fidget slot. Someone (midway?) Said it was probably because mafi was widely townreads. But I'm not sure if I think that's true
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:08 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 664, midwaybear wrote:I'm way too low, but I will also VOTE: Dunnstral
The main argument that he's town is that he was Ydrasse's counterwagon, but he hasn't done much townie stuff IMO.
This is the list that made Dunn's wagon the leading wagon. R2r was half sheeping and I just wanted a launch any launch b/c deadline

Kind of interesting that midway has played decisive roles in both launches so far imo
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:11 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 667, midwaybear wrote:
In post 665, ready2rock wrote:But I mean let's not forget his airtight defense:
In post 292, Dunnstral wrote:Well... it's not me
oh shoot you right! :lol:
In post 666, ready2rock wrote:Anyone who is opposed to Dunn today: Please explain in what way he has helped the town
The last statement is sorta scummy to me for some reason. It seems like you are viewing Dunn as a policy lynch and then will shrug your shoulders and say "oh well" when he flips town. Granted, he has been pretty useless.
My vote is probably on you tomorrow if he does flip town though.
In post 672, midwaybear wrote:I think puppy townread dunnstral for acting like town when he was about to be hanged. But I don't think that's a good reason which is why I'm fine with Dunnstral.
Not sure I like these two posts almost next to each other. It's like this, in the first post midway half assumes Dunn will flip town but defends it as a good launch anyways, but then he has to make a second post clarifying that he does think Dunn will flip scum. There's like this extra middle step of "but even if Dunn is town it's a good launch" that I don't see town motivation for
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:22 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Did scum know to look out for a vig? Somehow that seems like exactly the twist that would balance the setup and fulfill the Umlaut creative twist requirement. But I'm not sure. If they have a bulletproof or kerset is scum, then they would have. But if kerset's role is a red herring, they might not have
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:23 am

Post by midwaybear »

well there was a gunsmith
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:24 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Or scum would have suspected vig by the presence of gunsmith and the 10 player number set!!!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:26 am

Post by midwaybear »

why does it matter if scum suspected vig or not?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:32 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Because it's another way scum could have been thinking about things. That's important to me. I want to touch the marble, I want to lick the marble, I want to date the marble, I want to feel the marble!!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:33 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

*be the marble damn autocorrect really going to ruin my killer reference
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 684, Mafia Goon wrote:We shouldn't no launch because there's a chance there's a 1-shot vig or something like that to even (odd) out the numbers.
MG suggested vig by himself
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 934, CantHateAPuppy wrote:I don't actually see the logic for a Mafi kill. At the end he had loose scumread on me and the Blair/Fidget slot.
I don't understand.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:12 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 929, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Fidget, why do you want me so badly? There's a big case you've written up but it looks more like different thoughts trying to convince yourself. Always believed a good belief just needs one reason (though I don't do that myself always lol). Can you boil it down to one reason (or are we beyond talking -- if your read is that strong don't bother I guess)
Enough talking! Tome for the trebuchet.

kidding...

I can't imagine it being midway and to a lesser extent don't think its Kerset.

in that post I reviewed D1 for what must be the third time to see if there are any interactions that clear you. I don't believe there is.

I think your play today has been mostly dominstead by mechanical speculation and somewhat frustration AtE. That's not all you do, but those parts in particular are not hard to fake

Oh I suppose the boiled down reason is "It's not those two. It can be Puppy. Kill Puppy"

As a lot of people are saying I do believe scum is 0paying strong here, I dont think I'll be able to find a major scumtell in your ISO
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 925, Kerset wrote:
In post 916, Fidget wrote:Trusssssst in me midway. Vote with me
In post 917, midwaybear wrote:Then puppy is going to do more ATE and I’ll feel bad...
It... just sounds like irony. This is influence at emotional level at its basis.
You call that AtE?! I call this AtE
In post 821, CantHateAPuppy wrote:you can scumread me if you want, i'm tired of this game and not sure how much im going to fight it

spent the whole game posting against a lurkbase, talking to blank walls, then having to compromise because nobody's around to work things out. think i played a bad day 1 but that was over a month ago now. not going to hash it all out again at the finish. w/e

pedit: leaving this post as-is lol
Sidenote: if this is not AtE, I am sorry Puppy. It just looks like it
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Fidget »

Puppy I think your plan was initially "Stress townread Fidget (to throw us off I guess and to be consistent with the read you've had this hold time), eliminate Kerset using her suspicions on Kerset, eliminate Fidget on the next day using midways preexisting suspicions"

It's a pretty slam dunk plan, you totally would have won that Xylo
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:19 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 941, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Because it's another way scum could have been thinking about things. That's important to me. I want to touch the marble, I want to lick the marble, I want to date the marble, I want to feel the marble!!
i thoroughly enjoyed the reference attempt
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:21 am

Post by Fidget »

Well ready2rock it looks like we're in perfect disagreement

Puppy -> Kerset
Kerset -> midway