Mini Normal 2159 | Cinder Block Mafia | Game Over!

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@MOD I only meant to quote each of those once.

Fixed
-gb
Last edited by GeorgeBailey on Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:43 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 471, Frogsterking wrote:Charmander just shot up to FoS #2 for his terrible defense of Nosferatu. Arguably it makes him even scummier than Nosferatu.
I can't find the defence in question. Which post are you talking about?
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:51 am

In post 467, geraintm wrote:I assumed it was real because I checked the wiki

Normal Guidelines

Vigilantes are considered Normal on mafiascum.net if their kill flavour is indistinguishable from other factions'. As of 9 November 2015, they must also be town aligned.

And i read that and went "oh..." but every game I play there seems to be a new role I've never played with before.
I wish people wouldn't lie :( fake claims just confuwe me. I'm a simple man and just want things kept all easy
Vigilante and Day Vigilante are normally considered different roles (you can also see a dayvig as Vigilante plus the Day modifier, but Day is abNormal).

Anyway, what's bothering me about this is: if you assumed that a dayvig is legal in Normals on the basis that it's a type of Vigilante, and that the dayvig shot were real, but were aware that Vigilantes were always town, surely you should have assumed that RCEnigma was confirmed town as a result?
In post 398, geraintm wrote:@RCenigma - you have call for judgement as scum, but you have just killed Gamma??
There doesn't seem to be much reason to ask about the motivation of a "confirmed townie", unless you want their help sorting a slot (and in the hypothetical world where Gamma is "about to flip", there is absolutely no reason to try to scumhunt the slot, you just wait for the mod to get online). So in retrospect, this post looks more like you were trying to figure out how a townie would react to the dayvig, than actually reacting to the dayvig.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:25 am

In post 353, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 318, geraintm wrote:you might want more....but I am notgoing to fake a bunch of reads just to please you.
I kinda like this statement by gerain because it does not show a willingness to appease and shows he wants to put some thought into it.Though he could just be stalling but Idk
Why does Walter pick this post in particular to comment on? It's the only read that Walter's expressed in the previous 36 hours. Even just looking at Wednesday (because Walter hasn't been online today), there's been a lot to react to besides that, and in particular, a lot more that's
obvious
to react to besides that; lots of those posts from that time period have received comments.

(It's worth noting that geraint was under a little fire at the time – # – so I can easily imagine a scum Walter softly defending geraint in that context, either because he's a buddy or for pocketing purposes.)
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:27 am

VOTE: geraintm
scum
town
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:32 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

I am on now, kinda swamped with work today/tomorrow.
the frustration could be genuine like banana but I disagree that it would be towny neccesarily.
But the frustration still seems to be evident and still there, which to me seems slightly townier.
I looked through Gerain's posts and I find it telling that his post on his reads seem to target only a few people.
I don't like the response in 392 where he says he does not have strong reads D1.
I disagree with banana on 452, call it out like it is or make it more subtle, plus it did garner a reaction before it was debunked.
I would like to hear 471 by frog be expanded upon.
Frog seems to have this obssesion with nos now.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:34 am

Lines two and three are talking about nos.
VOTE: Frog
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:40 am

Frog, if nos is town, what are your scumreads?
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:46 am

I did like raya's convo with nos.
I would like to hear from Rce why he believes CFJ is scum.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 471, Frogsterking wrote:Charmander just shot up to FoS #2 for his terrible defense of Nosferatu. Arguably it makes him even scummier than Nosferatu.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 474, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 472, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 460, Gamma Emerald wrote:ItalianoVD
callforjudgement
Gamma Emerald
BananaCucho
SJReaver

Not_Mafia
geraintm
Raya36
Frogsterking
Nosferatu

RCEnigma
sordros
WaltertheDunce10

also
it's not strong but the thing I called out earlier is the first thing in a while that's actively pinged me
If these are actually town reads then this list is terrible as well.
I’ll be sure to take your words into consideration, Mr. Thinks A Single Prodge Means Active Lurking
Sarcasm..

A weak-minded tool to control weak-minded people
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 1.6

callforjudgement(4)
~ (45), (49), (55), (40)

WaltertheDunce10(2)
~ (10), (33)
geraintm(2)
~ (55), (39)
Not_Mafia(1)
~ (29)
Nosferatu(1)
~ (14)
ItalianoVD(1)
~ (51)
Frogsterking(1)
~ (48)

Not Voting (1): sordros(6)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-06 11:18:30)

sordros is being replaced
GeorgeBailey
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

At the moment I'm feeling like this is a four-scum setup.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 482, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Frog, if nos is town, what are your scumreads?
It's difficult to imagine, I would start with Banana and Gamma for the strange townreads.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 234, ItalianoVD wrote:@Frogsterking: I’m wondering why you’re so hostile towards Nosferatu? What say ye?

For now: VOTE: Frogsterking
I'm not sure why initially but now I feel pretty platinum about it.
In post 381, ItalianoVD wrote:Okay so what’s happening with What’s a spoiler chat?

Aight I think Frog is scum and it looks like the interaction between him and Nosferatu is scum theatre. Frog’s reason is weak and forced. Nosferatu’s reaction to that weak forced case also seems weak and forced. That’s why my vote is there and will probably stay there. You voting for yourself is never a good idea imo.

I’m feeling a little off about callforjudgment. Very townie. Very beautiful and perfect posts. The best posts in the history of our country. You’ve never seen posts like these before. So beautiful.

Townies

Walter
SJReaver
Banana
RCEnigma
Raya
Not_Mafia

Scum

Frogsterking
Nosferatu
callforjudgment

Null and/or no read

sordros
Gamma
geraintm

I have to look back over Gamma and geraintm to get a better read. Still no idea what Sordros is doing here.
Interesting. A lot of assumptions but definitely exciting. I would probably do this as scum if I ever got the chance.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

For reasons I can’t reveal based on the rules, I’m taking Frogsterking out of my scumreads.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 489, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 234, ItalianoVD wrote:@Frogsterking: I’m wondering why you’re so hostile towards Nosferatu? What say ye?

For now: VOTE: Frogsterking
I'm not sure why initially but now I feel pretty platinum about it.
In post 381, ItalianoVD wrote:Okay so what’s happening with What’s a spoiler chat?

Aight I think Frog is scum and it looks like the interaction between him and Nosferatu is scum theatre. Frog’s reason is weak and forced. Nosferatu’s reaction to that weak forced case also seems weak and forced. That’s why my vote is there and will probably stay there. You voting for yourself is never a good idea imo.

I’m feeling a little off about callforjudgment. Very townie. Very beautiful and perfect posts. The best posts in the history of our country. You’ve never seen posts like these before. So beautiful.

Townies

Walter
SJReaver
Banana
RCEnigma
Raya
Not_Mafia

Scum

Frogsterking
Nosferatu
callforjudgment

Null and/or no read

sordros
Gamma
geraintm

I have to look back over Gamma and geraintm to get a better read. Still no idea what Sordros is doing here.
Interesting. A lot of assumptions but definitely exciting. I would probably do this as scum if I ever got the chance.
Which ones are the assumptions and which ones are exciting? :giggle:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 485, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 474, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 472, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 460, Gamma Emerald wrote:ItalianoVD
callforjudgement
Gamma Emerald
BananaCucho
SJReaver

Not_Mafia
geraintm
Raya36
Frogsterking
Nosferatu

RCEnigma
sordros
WaltertheDunce10

also
it's not strong but the thing I called out earlier is the first thing in a while that's actively pinged me
If these are actually town reads then this list is terrible as well.
I’ll be sure to take your words into consideration, Mr. Thinks A Single Prodge Means Active Lurking
Sarcasm..

A weak-minded tool to control weak-minded people
The fool sits upon his tower of false gold, looking down on those he believe to be beneath him, when it is he who is the lowest, having bought a sham.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 489, Frogsterking wrote:I'm not sure why initially but now I feel pretty platinum about it.
:lol:
<Embrace The Void>

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:08 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 490, ItalianoVD wrote:
For reasons I can’t reveal based on the rules, I’m taking Frogsterking out of my scumreads.
Cryptic post is cryptic...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:10 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 487, Frogsterking wrote:At the moment I'm feeling like this is a four-scum setup.
You know way more about the game than I do then...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:12 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 490, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 487, Frogsterking wrote:At the moment I'm feeling like this is a four-scum setup.
In post 480, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I am on now, kinda swamped with work today/tomorrow.
the frustration could be genuine like banana but I disagree that it would be towny neccesarily.
But the frustration still seems to be evident and still there, which to me seems slightly townier.
I looked through Gerain's posts and I find it telling that his post on his reads seem to target only a few people.
I don't like the response in 392 where he says he does not have strong reads D1.
I disagree with banana on 452, call it out like it is or make it more subtle, plus it did garner a reaction before it was debunked.
I would like to hear 471 by frog be expanded upon.
Frog seems to have this obssesion with nos now.
I have so few reads on anyone day 1, my posts will just be on those who stand out. It isn’t intentional. I do usually try at some point to go through everyone, but I have today off and then it is a bank holiday weekend so my mafia time is less than normal.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:26 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 477, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 467, geraintm wrote:I assumed it was real because I checked the wiki

Normal Guidelines

Vigilantes are considered Normal on mafiascum.net if their kill flavour is indistinguishable from other factions'. As of 9 November 2015, they must also be town aligned.

And i read that and went "oh..." but every game I play there seems to be a new role I've never played with before.
I wish people wouldn't lie :( fake claims just confuwe me. I'm a simple man and just want things kept all easy
Vigilante and Day Vigilante are normally considered different roles (you can also see a dayvig as Vigilante plus the Day modifier, but Day is abNormal).

Anyway, what's bothering me about this is: if you assumed that a dayvig is legal in Normals on the basis that it's a type of Vigilante, and that the dayvig shot were real, but were aware that Vigilantes were always town, surely you should have assumed that RCEnigma was confirmed town as a result?
In post 398, geraintm wrote:@RCenigma - you have call for judgement as scum, but you have just killed Gamma??
There doesn't seem to be much reason to ask about the motivation of a "confirmed townie", unless you want their help sorting a slot (and in the hypothetical world where Gamma is "about to flip", there is absolutely no reason to try to scumhunt the slot, you just wait for the mod to get online). So in retrospect, this post looks more like you were trying to figure out how a townie would react to the dayvig, than actually reacting to the dayvig.
I think you underestimate how puzzled I can be by other players. I had had a conversation with them about how they knew someone had voted for scum, worked out they meant one exact vote on one exact player, and then they just went and vigged someone else. I wanted to know why. They explained and from then I was waiting for the mod to come along and flip the kill and then I would either shout at them for a terrible shot or congratulate them on their amazing aim (as I firmly believe if they had shot scum it was blind luck).
That is my honest explanation of what was going through my head at the time _ someone in very QuickTime trying to work out what exactly what going on, checking the wiki and all. I am not sure what you mean by scumhunting the slot (the person shot?) or trying to concoct a reaction to a day vig.

Have I explained myself well enough.

Your next post though confuses me, where you attack Walter for only interacting with me. You think you have found two scum in me and Walter?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

hmmm im not sure if im supposed to wait for the mod to announce it, but im here and catching up.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:44 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Tayl0r Swift replaces sordros