Mini Normal 2159 | Cinder Block Mafia | Game Over!

GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 1.8

callforjudgement(5)
~ (52), (49), (58), (44), (13)

geraintm(2)
~ (63), (43)
WaltertheDunce10(1)
~ (34)
Tayl0r Swift(1)
~ (11)
Not_Mafia(1)
~ (40)
Nosferatu(1)
~ (21)
ItalianoVD(1)
~ (53)
Frogsterking(1)
~ (51)

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-06 11:18:30)

FLAVOR
GeorgeBailey
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Did you know? part 1: geraintm's vote on Not_Mafia was his RVS vote (#). It hasn't changed since.

Did you know? part 2: Although the fact in the previous paragraph would be a horrible scumtell coming from almost anyone, it is
not
a scumtell coming from geraintm. In Mini Normal 2153 (where geraintm was VT), geraintm made an RVS vote in that game's #, and didn't unvote or place another vote until that game's #1377, almost 11 votecounts into that game's day 2 (despite having moderate scumreads elsewhere in many parts of day 1). So I think any tells on geraintm based on bizarre voting behaviour are invalid. (geraintm sometimes moves his vote sooner, but only upon having a very strong read, which he normally doesn't D1.)
In post 300, geraintm wrote:day 1 I am nothing but shade. you know it will take a lot on day 1 for me to actually vote someone.
Did you know? part 3: geraintm seems to use the same RVS gimmick every game. This might produce interesting scumhunting information if this fact were generally known (because posting at the critical post count is, in effect, volunteering to be D1 Hated when geraintm is playing). However, I think it's highly likely that the playerlist as a whole was unaware of geraintm's tendency to breadcrumb the algorithm by which he'll subsequently cast his first vote, meaning that it's effectively random (weighted by posting frequency) and provably unmanipulatable (possibly even to the extent of bypassing the rules on provable randomness?). Perhaps if geraintm outright stated "I will vote for the person who posts #22 [or whatever] for the entirety of day 1, check my meta, I do this every game", the gimmick would produce more interesting information for scumhunting purposes; as it is, it's basically just a method of playing that's anti-town, but repeated so consistently that it isn't a scumtell for geraintm in particular.

VOTE: Tayl0r Swift
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 551, callforjudgement wrote:Did you know? part 1: geraintm's vote on Not_Mafia was his RVS vote (#). It hasn't changed since.

Did you know? part 2: Although the fact in the previous paragraph would be a horrible scumtell coming from almost anyone, it is
not
a scumtell coming from geraintm. In Mini Normal 2153 (where geraintm was VT), geraintm made an RVS vote in that game's #, and didn't unvote or place another vote until that game's #1377, almost 11 votecounts into that game's day 2 (despite having moderate scumreads elsewhere in many parts of day 1). So I think any tells on geraintm based on bizarre voting behaviour are invalid. (geraintm sometimes moves his vote sooner, but only upon having a very strong read, which he normally doesn't D1.)
In post 300, geraintm wrote:day 1 I am nothing but shade. you know it will take a lot on day 1 for me to actually vote someone.
Did you know? part 3: geraintm seems to use the same RVS gimmick every game. This might produce interesting scumhunting information if this fact were generally known (because posting at the critical post count is, in effect, volunteering to be D1 Hated when geraintm is playing). However, I think it's highly likely that the playerlist as a whole was unaware of geraintm's tendency to breadcrumb the algorithm by which he'll subsequently cast his first vote, meaning that it's effectively random (weighted by posting frequency) and provably unmanipulatable
(possibly even to the extent of bypassing the rules on provable randomness?).
Perhaps if geraintm outright stated "I will vote for the person who posts #22 [or whatever] for the entirety of day 1, check my meta, I do this every game", the gimmick would produce more interesting information for scumhunting purposes; as it is, it's basically just a method of playing that's anti-town, but repeated so consistently that it isn't a scumtell for geraintm in particular.

(added bold)

Thank you. That actually helps a lot for understanding geraintm.

What are you referring to in the part I bolded though?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 533, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 523, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 511, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Weird though we get a scum then a fan post and before that Nm with a vote on a person who just replaced in
What does this even mean?
I was noting the mixed reactions by people.
The main thing that stuck out to me was italiano's meme and scum post.
It is really weird to have a take based on last slot so quickly in my opinion.

The one thing that has me worried though is the lack of a voting block.
You'd think there would be a second wagon, instead it is cfj and everyone else.
Kinda has me suspicious but if this keeps up this reminds of something, but site rules.
The 4 scum being explained is good.
I feel like you have good things to say and you say them in a way that's like abstract art which often makes them difficult or impossible to understand.

Now that I know you write that way though it's making me appreciate both your observations and the way you write them more.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 551, callforjudgement wrote:Did you know? part 1: geraintm's vote on Not_Mafia was his RVS vote (#). It hasn't changed since.

not
Did you know? part 3: geraintm seems to use the same RVS gimmick every game. This might produce interesting scumhunting information if this fact were generally known (because posting at the critical post count is, in effect, volunteering to be D1 Hated when geraintm is playing). However, I think it's highly likely that the playerlist as a whole was unaware of geraintm's tendency to breadcrumb the algorithm by which he'll subsequently cast his first vote, meaning that it's effectively random (weighted by posting frequency) and provably unmanipulatable (possibly even to the extent of bypassing the rules on provable randomness?). Perhaps if geraintm outright stated "I will vote for the person who posts #22 [or whatever] for the entirety of day 1, check my meta, I do this every game", the gimmick would produce more interesting information for scumhunting purposes; as it is, it's basically just a method of playing that's anti-town, but repeated so consistently that it isn't a scumtell for geraintm in particular.

Can you do a Did you know? on Gamma?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

not

I’m sorry what the fuck is the point of all this?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like, the random trivia on geraint + rhetoric vaguely painting geraint as town + unexplained vote on Tay + the fact he was on geraint before then makes that looks extremely suspicious
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:48 pm

In post 552, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 551, callforjudgement wrote:However, I think it's highly likely that the playerlist as a whole was unaware of geraintm's tendency to breadcrumb the algorithm by which he'll subsequently cast his first vote, meaning that it's effectively random (weighted by posting frequency) and provably unmanipulatable
(possibly even to the extent of bypassing the rules on provable randomness?).
What are you referring to in the part I bolded though?
So a common rule that you see in games (it's in this game, too: rule 5 in #) is that you aren't allowed to prove you're making a decision randomly; making decisions randomly is legal, as long as there's no way to distinguish that from making decisions intentionally and simply claiming you're making them randomly.

geraintm's vote on Not_Mafia is provably nothing to do with geraintm's
read
on Not_Mafia, and the provability there is making me a little uncomfortable in terms of rules breaches: it's closer to breaking the rule than most tactics I've seen. (Not alignment-indicative because he does this all the time.)
In post 554, Frogsterking wrote:Can you do a Did you know? on Gamma?
The Did you know? on geraintm came about because I was trying to figure out what was up with the lack of vote changes, checked a few games, and realised that there were strong patterns in geraintm's early voting (the RVS vote is consistent, the failure to rescind it isn't quite as consistent but we have both actions and statements from past-town geraintm that he doesn't change vote D1 without a strong reason). That was enough of a surprise that it was worth mentioning in the thread, as he's likely to be very hard to read without knowing it.

That sort of thing is harder to make without having noticed a pattern already, wanting to check what it means. I checked a few recent games of Gamma's (in addition to a few older ones which I was involved in and thus knew a little better), and there are a few noticeable patterns (a lot of one-liner posts or quote+one-liner posts, with vote changes being rare; and a focus on mechanical/night-play over dayplay), but I'm not sure it's possible to deduce anything from that about this game. (Gamma does seem to be more active this game than is usual for him, but for most players, activity isn't linked much to alignment; there are some players where it is, but that's rare.) If there's something specific that Gamma is doing that you think is townish/scummy, and can describe what it is, then it would be possible to check Gamma's existing games to see if he's done the same thing there too; as it is, though, it's hard to do a "meta dive" (= reading past games) on a player when you don't know what you're looking for.

One fun Did You Know? fact for Gamma, though: did you know that out of all the Mini Normals listed on Gamma's wiki page, Gamma has only been scum once – and the game number listed there is wrong, meaning that I can't find a Mini Normal scumgame for Gamma at all? (There are enough Themes, Micros, Larges etc. to get an idea of how Gamma behaves as scum, but still; there's probably also at least one Mini Normal that I simply can't find.)
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:55 pm

In post 555, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m sorry what the fuck is the point of all this?
In post 556, Gamma Emerald wrote:Like, the random trivia on geraint + rhetoric vaguely painting geraint as town + unexplained vote on Tay + the fact he was on geraint before then makes that looks extremely suspicious
Past CFJ: "geraintm's acting scummy, this is suspicious"
More recent past CFJ: "hmm, I should meta geraintm, the argument against him is stronger if he normally plays more sensibly than he currently is"
Even more recent past CFJ, after meta-ing geraintm: "WTF? I should definitely tell the thread about this, he doesn't play anything like a typical player and won't read like one"

Then I lose my confidence in my ability to read geraintm because his play is
so much
of an outlier from typical play, and move back to my previous top scumread (who has incidentally done more scummy things since replacing!). So the trivia isn't random at all: it's a) directly helping other players to read geraintm better (at least Frogsterking seems to have a better view of the gamestate because of it), and b) explaining why I've lost confidence in my geraintm read (which would cause the read to be less strong, thus causing me to revert to an older read that had gotten stronger in the meantime).

The vote on Tayl0r isn't and wasn't unexplained, it was explained in # and later #. I thought the reason for the change would be obvious, and people get annoyed at me when I overexplain things, so I was hoping to avoid having to repeat myself and annoy everyone again in the process, but apparently not?
scum
town
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

on the other hand wouldnt scum come up with a better reason for voting me?

cfjs posts are strange. it seems like townie effort but its so random that it almost feels like scum trying to be helpful and pro-town to deflect.

but now cfjs latest post gives me confidence again. thats such bad reasoning for voting someone. voting a slot that replaced out for activity seems so backwards. what exactly about my catchup dont you like?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:15 pm

The only posts of mine you've mentioned are # and # (and you thought at least the first of those was minor, based on #.
Based on your stated reads in the catchup, I would have expected you to continue with the walter vote, maybe try to reignite that wagon. Instead you chose to vote me at the end, apparently almost entirely based on # (or possibly on some other reasoning you haven't stated), or perhaps simply because it was a large wagon on a townie (which scum would naturally want to push to claim or lynch if they could).

As for voting a slot that replaced out for activity – why do you consider that to be a bad idea? For most people flaking out is not connected with their alignment (and for the few where it's alignment-indicative, it normally indicates scum). sordros didn't post much, and what they
did
react to was pretty much uniquely confined to the least useful posts to react to (normally if someone is town-minded and has limited time to play, they'll try to post about the things where it's most useful, not where it's least useful).
scum
town
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 560, callforjudgement wrote:The only posts of mine you've mentioned are # and # (and you thought at least the first of those was minor, based on #.
Based on your stated reads in the catchup, I would have expected you to continue with the walter vote, maybe try to reignite that wagon. Instead you chose to vote me at the end, apparently almost entirely based on # (or possibly on some other reasoning you haven't stated), or perhaps simply because it was a large wagon on a townie (which scum would naturally want to push to claim or lynch if they could).

As for voting a slot that replaced out for activity – why do you consider that to be a bad idea? For most people flaking out is not connected with their alignment (and for the few where it's alignment-indicative, it normally indicates scum). sordros didn't post much, and what they
did
react to was pretty much uniquely confined to the least useful posts to react to (normally if someone is town-minded and has limited time to play, they'll try to post about the things where it's most useful, not where it's least useful).
>>"For most people flaking out is not connected with their alignment"
>>votes flaky slot
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:37 pm

I didn't vote the slot
because
it flaked. My scumreads were on sordros's actions before the flake, and your actions after the flake – not on the flake itself.

You're talking as though flaking makes a slot confirmed town (or at least more likely to be town). That isn't the case, and thus the flake isn't a reason not to vote the slot.
scum
town
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:01 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

My Taylor vote was a joke but now it’s serious
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:47 am

Post by geraintm »

I like the potted history of geraintm day 1.
It does miss the reasoning for it all though.

Indidnt realise that my way of placing a random vote wasn't 100% kosher. But I think it is a fun way to place a eandom vote so I'm going to carry on.

But you missed why I don't move my day 1 votes much. It just takes a lot for me to place a vote, i rarely see actions on day1 that makes me think scum (have to be things like someone self votjng).
I've said in past games I think town would be better off not lynching day 1, as scum never die day 1.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:25 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 563, Not_Mafia wrote:My Taylor vote was a joke but now it’s serious
Why?
I dislike you jusybdo this.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:29 am

Post by geraintm »

I dislike it when you do this
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

When I do what?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:07 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 567, Not_Mafia wrote:When I do what?
you've made 12 posts this vame.

You vite Taylor swift with no explanation. And then say you have an explanation in your next post...but don't give it. I've been in another game with you and I find you on day 1 just...hard.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:01 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

SJReaver is being replaced.
GeorgeBailey
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 568, geraintm wrote:
In post 567, Not_Mafia wrote:When I do what?
you've made 12 posts this vame.

You vite Taylor swift with no explanation. And then say you have an explanation in your next post...but don't give it. I've been in another game with you and I find you on day 1 just...hard.
I never said I have an explanation
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:24 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 563, Not_Mafia wrote:My Taylor vote was a joke but now it’s serious
You have no explanation, but the vote is serious?
This is why you are so infuriating
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 571, geraintm wrote:You have no explanation, but the vote is serious?
Yes
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Nosferatu »

this games getting kinda boring can someone fake a guilty?
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm a Day PT Cop, BananaCucho has a PT

VOTE: BananaCucho

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”