Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Servant Archer »

Hm. I don't think Foreigner should reveal their info yet for reasons that are pretty obvious. However, they should share it at some point maybe D2/D3 just to help answer mechanical questions. I don't really see why they claim to have additional information as scum because there's literally no need to reveal this, it could put them in an undesirable 1v1 situation, and it also sorta puts pressure on them(even more).
Also, looks like even more busywork. Like I agree that Rider's entrance was somewhat lacking, but that just reads to me like scum asking a safe question to an AFK slot. There's not really any need to do it, and I feel like that question is more necessary when Rider is actually shown to be active.
I need to find some legit townreads for later. Maybe Foreigner tbh? Mostly skimmed over the argument so we'll see.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 173, Servant Avenger wrote:I was alluding to the idea that foreigners might be different from the rest of us and that maybe him/her sticking out isn’t that odd after all.
Wait what? That's interesting...
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

You're still arguing against this built-up townread of Avenger that doesn't actually exist. I like his play. I didn't like Berserker's. I haven't cased either beyond liking Avenger's response to my vote. Their individual reads don't mean much at this point because the game's just getting started and I need more context. I stated as much before we even got into this.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 175, Servant Archer wrote: Also, looks like even more busywork. Like I agree that Rider's entrance was somewhat lacking, but that just reads to me like scum asking a safe question to an AFK slot. There's not really any need to do it, and I feel like that question is more necessary when Rider is actually shown to be active.
~Reasons~. Though they may be completely fruitless, I feel compelled to pursue them.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 177, Servant Lancer wrote:You're still arguing against this built-up townread of Avenger that doesn't actually exist. I like his play. I didn't like Berserker's. I haven't cased either beyond liking Avenger's response to my vote. Their individual reads don't mean much at this point because the game's just getting started and I need more context. I stated as much before we even got into this.
ok scum
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

Two townreads and two scumreads.
Probably not that easy.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

With me, it is that easy.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:40 am

In post 180, Servant Lancer wrote:Two townreads and two scumreads.
Probably not that easy.
Perhaps you'd like to actually engage me? It's easy to pick at posts in the 3rd person.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

Self-meta isn't much to engage with. I want to ask what about your posting is usually scumread for you but that feels like toeing the line too hard for me to feel good about doing it.
FTR I scumread you for your opener being a request for claims to decide the Master. Also gut.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Servant Saber »

Hi everyone! I lean more on the side of using Mastermaker to suss out nebulous reads than on the side of turning someone I already feel really good about into an Innocent Child. So:

VOTE: Alter Ego

Congratulations! You are a sufficiently posi-null lean as to warrant this kind of vote.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

You're using the mechanic that gives a big boost to whoever's alignment is voted to sort out nullreads?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Servant Caster »

Am I really going to have to argue with a serious contingent arguing we shouldn't just give it to the towniest player to keep it away from scum?

Saber, your post makes it sound like you have plenty of reads, so do you have any thoughts to share?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:56 am

In post 183, Servant Lancer wrote:Self-meta isn't much to engage with. I want to ask what about your posting is usually scumread for you but that feels like toeing the line too hard for me to feel good about doing it.
Mostly I'm observing reactions to posts without my name on them, and remembering reactions to my posts before I was a somewhat known quantity at ms. It's not at all a case of being scumread by default.
FTR I scumread you for your opener being a request for claims to decide the Master.
I can see that as a legit reaction to the post, regardless of alignment.
Also gut.
I'm in observation mode atm. I'm not sure what will haul me into the game actively, or when it will happen, but I don't think it will be much longer. I thought talking to you might do the trick. Oh well.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 115, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I like Berserker's push, and I like Foreigner's reaction to it.

I can see this conflict blowing the thread up for a few days, unfortunately.
Anything specific because that's a little vague and could be why I'm scumreading you. Thankfully hasn't really dominated the thread too much.
In post 119, Servant Avenger wrote:I was just about to ask to slow it down so others could post, but then I realized this is the master phase and all that matters is that town gets elected because we can’t hint at what our abilities do.
I don't understand what you're saying here.
In post 123, Servant Lancer wrote:Alter Ego could be a scum.
You too? I really don't see the point in calling random people scum and town without at least outlining reasons. That just makes me think scum trying to look good.
UNVOTE:
In post 124, Servant Lancer wrote:You called one of his posts busywork.
I was talking about Alter Ego. Haven't read the beserker/foreigner stuff, and I don't really care for it tbh.
In post 127, Servant Avenger wrote:It just occurred to me that maybe we should just get scum to claim and then they can take the vote after all.
And then we could have whisked it away.
I really don't understand what you're saying sometimes. I really hope this is a joke though because I don't see this ever being part of one's genuine thought process.
In post 132, Servant Assassin wrote:just trying to parse how berserker is "trying to control the game and steamroll" and therefore unworthy of a vote but avenger gets the ok
I am sorta annoyed at Avenger trying to buddy with people, and he would definitely be lower than berserker to me.
In post 135, Servant Assassin wrote:yes dumbass i'm asking what makes them distinct in your view
gonna tentatively call this town because it's quite provocative and daring as scum. Seems to fit with the narrative around him, but that's why it's tentative.
In post 136, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Story of my playstyle. I'm not going to go out of my way to extinguish style markers. I'm also not going to defend them on what's essentially a burner account.
Why didn't you ask Lancer why they thought you were scum? hmm
In post 140, Servant Caster wrote:However, I am unsure why Foreigner is halfway to giving up over something no one else seems to give much of a shit about.
I didn't read it really as giving up(disclaimer: I skimmed through any posts relating to their argument). I thought it was more of not wanting to deal with a perceived bad scumread. I can sorta sympathize with this from a recent game I played before. Probably can't talk more about that, but I'm interested if you still think it's giving up or what I think.
In post 146, Servant Foreigner wrote:If anyone would like to claim their attribute I would appreciate it.
tfw you forget what an attribute is.

slight townreads on assassin and foreigner
VOTE: Assassin
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

Like the point isn't the player gets to be IC. It's that they get the master ability and scum doesn't get the boost mentioned in the OP. So yes I'm only going to be okay with a player I am really sure is town.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 186, Servant Caster wrote:Am I really going to have to argue with a serious contingent arguing we shouldn't just give it to the towniest player to keep it away from scum?
No, I think we're all in general consensus about this.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 187, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I'm in observation mode atm. I'm not sure what will haul me into the game actively, or when it will happen, but I don't think it will be much longer. I thought talking to you might do the trick. Oh well.
It still might, I like this approach at least and I can sympathize with wanting to get into the game.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Servant Archer »

oh i just saw sabers post
don't do that guys
vote town
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:00 am

In post 184, Servant Saber wrote:Hi everyone! I lean more on the side of using Mastermaker to suss out nebulous reads than on the side of turning someone I already feel really good about into an Innocent Child. So:

Congratulations! You are a sufficiently posi-null lean as to warrant this kind of vote.
I feel icky.

Are you expecting that reactions to this vote will give you insight into my alignment?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:03 am

@archer, why the town read on foreigner and why are you picking assassin over him?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 188, Servant Archer wrote:I didn't read it really as giving up(disclaimer: I skimmed through any posts relating to their argument). I thought it was more of not wanting to deal with a perceived bad scumread. I can sorta sympathize with this from a recent game I played before. Probably can't talk more about that, but I'm interested if you still think it's giving up or what I think.
I think those things are basically just different degrees of the same thing and I was being a little hyperbolic. And I don't know that overreacting to pressure is necessarily a scum trait or anything, it just struck me as a little quick to get down about it.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 194, Servant Avenger wrote:@archer, why the town read on foreigner and why are you picking assassin over him?
I think revealing that he had information was a town move. The reason I picked assassin over him was because I mostly skimmed over foreigner's argument with berserker, so my read isn't the most developed. I don't really intend to actually read the argument though.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:07 am

That is really suspicious to me archer.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

In post 184, Servant Saber wrote:Hi everyone! I lean more on the side of using Mastermaker to suss out nebulous reads than on the side of turning someone I already feel really good about into an Innocent Child. So:

I think the correct line is to vote someone who you think is town but not everyone sees.
So we get a benefit from the IC without helping scum.
Do you agree with this assessment?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Servant Caster »

If I had to vote right now, I'd be between Archer and Alter Ego. And myself, obviously. But I don't have to vote right now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”