Mini Normal 2159 | Cinder Block Mafia | Game Over!

WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

Good point.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

I guess maybe. I think i see it now.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

dont say i never did anything for u
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Looker replaces SJReaver
GeorgeBailey
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 626, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I guess maybe. I think i see it now.
I saw your join date and then had to go check how many games you have actually played, but this isn't like your first or second game...
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Walter goes to a stand-up comedy show: Okay but why is he making a joke, what is the point of this?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Something that's bothering me generally about this game: why is nobody making a serious effort to change the gamestate? In particular, why aren't the
scum
making a serious effort to change the gamestate? In the situation we have at the moment, there are lots of impatient townies looking for something to do, and if someone made a serious and not-ridiculous case on a scumread of theirs, they would likely get a lot of votes following. That seems like a risky situation for scum if the scumread in question is correct, so I would have expected them to start a wagon of their own, or at least push mine harder. I can only see two real possibilities here; either a) scum are happy with the current gamestate (in which case we should be trying to change it!), or b) scum are not in the thread / out of their depth / have no idea what to do and are simply being inactive as a consequence (in which case we may be able to figure out who they are, directly or via PoE).

Meanwhile, I see attempts to shake things up (such as the whole daycop thing we had recently) that don't ultimately have a huge impact as being unlikely to be from scum; it mostly just helps to get information with which to read players more accurately without making long-term changes to the gamestate, and that seems to only help town.

There are still a lot of players who are alone on their wagons. If anyone's interested in persuading me (and the rest of us) to join them, I'd be interested to hear what you have to say! If not, I guess I'll try doing a full reread of everyone in order to come up with an updated reads list, because something has to happen to get this game moving again (I was hoping that the replacements would help in that respect, but that's going too slowly).
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

shellyc replaces BananaCucho
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 1.10

callforjudgement(4)
~ (52), (49), (48), (19)

WaltertheDunce10(2)
~ (43), (23)
shellyc(2)
~ (61), (26)
Tayl0r Swift(1)
~ (50)
Not_Mafia(1)
~ (50)
ItalianoVD(1)
~ (56)
geraintm(1)
~ (70)
Gamma Emerald(1)
~ (62)

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-06 11:18:30)
GeorgeBailey
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

VOTE: walter
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by shellyc »

Greetings everyone! Will do a readthrough of the thread after I can sit down and do a comprehensive review. Have seen a couple of names on the playerlist.

First game outside the newbie queue; this is exciting. My Mafiascum experience is on my signature. Have chat mafia and IRL mafia experience as well.
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:54 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 631, callforjudgement wrote:Something that's bothering me generally about this game: why is nobody making a serious effort to change the gamestate? In particular, why aren't the
scum
making a serious effort to change the gamestate? In the situation we have at the moment, there are lots of impatient townies looking for something to do, and if someone made a serious and not-ridiculous case on a scumread of theirs, they would likely get a lot of votes following. That seems like a risky situation for scum if the scumread in question is correct, so I would have expected them to start a wagon of their own, or at least push mine harder. I can only see two real possibilities here; either a) scum are happy with the current gamestate (in which case we should be trying to change it!), or b) scum are not in the thread / out of their depth / have no idea what to do and are simply being inactive as a consequence (in which case we may be able to figure out who they are, directly or via PoE).

Meanwhile, I see attempts to shake things up (such as the whole daycop thing we had recently) that don't ultimately have a huge impact as being unlikely to be from scum; it mostly just helps to get information with which to read players more accurately without making long-term changes to the gamestate, and that seems to only help town.

There are still a lot of players who are alone on their wagons. If anyone's interested in persuading me (and the rest of us) to join them, I'd be interested to hear what you have to say! If not, I guess I'll try doing a full reread of everyone in order to come up with an updated reads list, because something has to happen to get this game moving again (I was hoping that the replacements would help in that respect, but that's going too slowly).
So basically what you're trying to say is scum are happy with the current game state. And the current game state includes you being the top wagon. So you must be town because scum are happy with you being the top wagon and doing nothing about it... all I can read this as is a defense of yourself hidden in lots of words.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:54 pm

Post by shellyc »

Does anyone have any immediate questions for me?

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:57 pm

Post by shellyc »

By the way UNVOTE: a fresh start

callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:59 pm

(PEDIT: re #)

The reasoning should be correct regardless of my alignment. If you think there's a mistake, please point it out so that I can re-evaluate my reasoning.

I agree that it points towards me as town, but that's hardly a reason not to mention it in thread! Of course, it's harder to be objective about something when it points to you as town, so it's possible I have some confirmation bias here (i.e. "this correctly predicts me as town, so it's more likely to be correct"), in which case it's especially important that you point out any flaws in my reasoning! But "this reasoning benefits CFJ and CFJ is making it" is not a reason to ignore it or consider it invalid.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:06 am

and by #638 I mean #
scum
town
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:16 am

Post by RCEnigma »

If cfj is scum I'm gonna shoot myself in the foot because I think I can make a pretty good case there. With that said I can make a good case for anyone not named sjreaver, frog, or Nosferatu.

But I agree the game is stale, I've fallen out of love with it and it's gone nowhere since I've stepped back. I kind of expected that.

VOTE: Italiano
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:19 am

Post by shellyc »

Hey Italiano, how's it going? Wagons are great and time to bring fresh energy here.

VOTE: ItalianoVD

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:39 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 620, Gamma Emerald wrote:Helpful scumplay is still scumplay
Why do you think it’s worth keeping active scum alive?
Explain to me how we will lynch three players on D1 and I will.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:42 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 639, callforjudgement wrote:(PEDIT: re #)

The reasoning should be correct regardless of my alignment. If you think there's a mistake, please point it out so that I can re-evaluate my reasoning.

I agree that it points towards me as town, but that's hardly a reason not to mention it in thread! Of course, it's harder to be objective about something when it points to you as town, so it's possible I have some confirmation bias here (i.e. "this correctly predicts me as town, so it's more likely to be correct"), in which case it's especially important that you point out any flaws in my reasoning! But "this reasoning benefits CFJ and CFJ is making it" is not a reason to ignore it or consider it invalid.
I think the flaw is the wifom you've attached to it and looking at it from our point of view.

First, I have seen scum wagons sit around in a similar gamestate before. It's not nearly as common as town wagons but this doesn't entirely mean you're town.

Looking in from my point of view I see a player indirectly explaining why they must be town based on the gamestate. One way I can see it is this player is scum and for whatever reason (unhelpful scum mates, avoiding defending of scum mates, etc) has decided to defend himself but in a way that on face value doesn't appear to be a self defense. If someone else pointed it out it would appear more towny but the fact that it was you indirectly defending yourself adds wifom.

Of course I could also see it as town simply making an observation which would allow someone else come to the conclusion that it could point to them being town.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:42 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 643, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 620, Gamma Emerald wrote:Helpful scumplay is still scumplay
Why do you think it’s worth keeping active scum alive?
Explain to me how we will lynch three players on D1 and I will.
Yeah Gamma, it's not rocket surgery OR brain science!
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:44 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 644, Raya36 wrote:

I think the flaw is the wifom you've attached to it and looking at it from our point of view.

First, I have seen scum wagons sit around in a similar gamestate before. It's not nearly as common as town wagons but this doesn't entirely mean you're town.

Looking in from my point of view I see a player indirectly explaining why they must be town based on the gamestate. One way I can see it is this player is scum and for whatever reason (unhelpful scum mates, avoiding defending of scum mates, etc) has decided to defend himself but in a way that on face value doesn't appear to be a self defense. If someone else pointed it out it would appear more towny but the fact that it was you indirectly defending yourself adds wifom.

Of course I could also see it as town simply making an observation which would allow someone else come to the conclusion that it could point to them being town.
I see all of this as pointless since cfj isn't a wagon you entertained at it's height. Pushing this angle now is counterintuitive.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:08 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 646, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 644, Raya36 wrote:

I see all of this as pointless since cfj isn't a wagon you entertained at it's height. Pushing this angle now is counterintuitive.
cfj is one of my scumreads... and this was just an observation I made that supports that
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:35 am

Post by Looker »

UNVOTE:
reading
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:00 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 648, Looker wrote:UNVOTE:
reading
Weird opening imo. This is pure gut but more than a bit scummy to me

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”