Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

If you guys noticed, i purposefully played a little more reckless the second half of this day phase because too many people were town reading me. That’s a big warning sign that someone’s about to be killed.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:23 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1198, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1195, jjh927 wrote:If I call you town here, I know I'm wrong on at least 1 townread. NM being town would be an additional two things wrong, because one of my TRs would be wrong as well as that I actually think NM is scum here

I don't think I'm wrong on 3 things here
Well, think about it. If you’re wrong on 3 things here, that’s definitely because scum would have a focus on you to mess around so you don’t catch them. If I were scum here, I’d have been playing in a way to specifically watch out for you. Do you disagree with this? And do you think I have done that?

Who do you know best in this game?
Nah, if I'm wrong it's because I haven't been engaged enough with the game

I think my half assed attitude from the last game I played carried over somewhat, and DnD flipping scum didn't exactly make me think this wasn't working

In this game, I think you're probably the person I've played with most, excluding Gamma who I've never interacted with all that much despite being in a fair few games. Let's also steer clear of unmasking Kaname Date.

Scum is unlikely to be catering anything particularly to me, especially considering recent changes in my playstyle and the number of players unfamiliar with me. Also of note is that I didn't get NKed. I think following this conversation you'll have a place in my townreads, but that means I need to revisit some of the other ones.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:25 am

Post by jjh927 »

I reckon Pooky kill hard clears Hayasaka, not that that's big news
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I'm in the same boat with that one.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:33 am

Post by tris »

i guess i want HURT: NM. Only other i would consider right now is Amy, but she needs more talking with.

on that note, i still want to hear from jjh about his townread of Amy, especially in relation to before her recent posts. cause i want to know why he was townreading her at the time.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:50 am

Post by jjh927 »

Honestly I just saw town motivation in their posts and have continued to do so

There's nothing complicated behind it but it's still one of my stronger day 1 TRs
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:55 am

Post by tris »

could you point to any specific post where you get that feeling?
Kaname Date
Kaname Date
Goon
Kaname Date
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Kaname Date »

In post 1179, DoctorPepper wrote:I mean, for surviving town members, feel free to convince me otherwise.

I just think that an NM venge doesn't do much for town
if we keep avoiding killing NM because it's low info he's never going to die.
given the PoE that i have, though i haven't given it another look today bar one read i don't want to talk about, i'm very happy with a NM shot.

also, jjh, what do you mean by unmasking me? i already outed my main.
I wish... that Mizuki will grow up healthy and happy.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:47 am

Post by jjh927 »

Did I miss when you outed
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:47 am

Post by jjh927 »

Oh wow I did

Huh I assumed you were someone more familiar with me for some reason
Kaname Date
Kaname Date
Goon
Kaname Date
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Kaname Date »

it's because i was happy to see you, and said so. i have not played with you i believe but you were a name i recognized as a player i liked anyways, and that's pretty notable.
I wish... that Mizuki will grow up healthy and happy.
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Ampharos »

tris talk me through your progression on me
aka Amy | hope you're having a good day
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Ampharos »

re: whatever question VMP asked me about my detatchment:

it's p much entirely due to the limited time i've had to engage with this game. it's hard to truly feel plugged in when i'm checking in like once/twice a day
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Ampharos »

re: NM venge:

from what i can tell, a good chunk of the game (myself included, obviously, so i'm biased) is scumreading him, but furthermore i would ASSUME that even those who aren't recognize that he's going to need to die at some point. he's too null to be left alive forever, we need the flip

and if we're gonna be flipping him anyways, i'd rather do it on a day where wagonomics aren't really a consideration, where we're just turning around and straight-up shooting his ass

if you think he's town and/or have a solid scumread elsewhere, that's obviously a different matter; if you're pushing against it because it's "low info", though, then when do you ever expect that kill to be high info? if he's a wolf you're giving him a free pass to endgame for literally not playing the game

(furthermore, i don't actually believe this, but: if for some goddamn reason he IS the jester, venging him is quite clearly correct)
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Ampharos »

re: my ranges from the games i linked

somewhat frustrating that the one game that didn't get read is probably the one that's most applicable to this game

this link should go to my iso in that game, hopefully it works
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:53 am

Post by tris »

In post 1211, Ampharos wrote:tris talk me through your progression on me
:? I feel like I've been more transparent on my progression on you then you have. You still haven't told us why you've shifted on me. But, I'll explain anyway.

At the start of the game, you seemed fine. I liked many of your observations, but I didn't think that any of it wasn't something mafia couldn't be just as likely observe. So, I was reserved in my read. Then, kinda pinged me as town, so that's when you became a light townread. Do you think you could articulate what you were thinking there? I know you were a bit busy following that. But, when you did post during the start of day 2, it just felt uninspired. And, I was losing the bit of towniness I had picked up from that one post. And, that's when I was starting to think you might be scum. It was a combination of POE and you not following up with anything more I thought was towny. Then, when you came back, I had mixed feelings. There is something in those posts that felt like a natural movement, but the detatchedness you described really matched up with the way I sometimes can get when I'm mafia. It happens as town too, but in that case I recover easier than as mafia. Of course, you are not me, but that's what I was thinking of. It has especially bothered me how you can't seem to explain why your read on me has changed. It looks like a scum who needs to scumread someone, but can't figure out a reason. That's what a lot of it comes off as. Someone who is having a hard time making reads because they already know what's true.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:02 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

I don't think NM is town, I think he is NM. This is how he plays regardless of alignment. In our last game together he turned out being a town PR.

Which leads me to this. I have 24 hours from hammer to decide on my venge.
do not hammer me right away
. I will state who I want to venge in thread. I say we give the person a chance to claim and if we still wanna push through, then hammer and I send my venge vote.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Venus Mars and Pluto »

Spoiler:
In post 1162, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1157, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 1153, Flavor Leaf wrote:Tris/Jjh could be the team
You think NM is town then?

~M
Also this is an annoying comment as well because I’ve given multiple team suggestions and thoughts on stuff.

I brought up earlier one of DrP/NM with one of Kamane/Ampharos.

I played with the idea of KD/Ampharos team.

And also Jjh/Tris, both players that I have also stated were in my POE.

It’s Day 2, I’ll be able to solidify reads more and what I feel is more likely with more stuff in the game.

Like, I’m pretty sure I’ve brought all this up, so it’s annoying when people try and nitpick one little thing out of my comments like this and that tris comment.

The answer to the questions have been there, and I’m straight up willing to drop certain reasonings on players for believing my reads list is at least decently accurate on top of the fact that I have multiple reasons I find solid for almost every player in the game, that even if I still think that leans towards one way or another, I will actively not use certain aspects in cases if I feel that it’s just gonna be a hold up issue, like the “is it a scum joke?” Line.

I will literally take that away from my reasonings for leaning scum on Ampharos because by no means is that a main reason for the read, it’s just a sprinkle. The ice cream sundae is still there, I can’t see the bottom flavor yet, though. Haven’t eaten enough of it yet.
In post 1163, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m casually annoyed, not seriously annoyed, if that makes sense.

Like I don’t mind that I’m annoyed, but I’mma be obnoxious back to the obnoxiousness, and that’s just mafia :lol:

I think you misinterpreted my post, I wasn’t “nitpicking” at you in the slightest. I was trying to get your input on a very important decision we need to make. Sometimes a cigar is really just a cigar.

~Mars
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:26 am

In post 1165, Hayasaka wrote:I think the notion that individual slots are special and need to lynch the power wolf while they are still alive is a plague to this game.
I think we should always just kill Not_Mafia here unless you truly believe someone is more likely to be scum.
The game obviously won’t end with his flip though, so disagree.

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:30 am

In post 1165, Hayasaka wrote:I think the notion that individual slots are special and need to lynch the power wolf while they are still alive is a plague to this game.
I think we should always just kill Not_Mafia here unless you truly believe someone is more likely to be scum.
Do you mean whom we chose for the venge today? because the game obviously won’t end with his flip though regardless, so it’s important to consider that.

~M
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:31 am

Spoiler:
In post 1218, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
The game obviously won’t end with his flip though, so disagree.

~M
In post 1219, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
Do you mean whom we chose for the venge today? because the game obviously won’t end with his flip though regardless, so it’s important to consider that.

~M

Somehow, this turned into a double post.
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:33 am

In post 1167, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 1132, tris wrote:
In post 1080, Flavor Leaf wrote:BEF even commented about how they changed their mind when he said their 1053 or whatever post it was ruined it
1053 just seems like a joke to me?????

The timing was way off for me to take it as just a joke.
Yeah, it was an odd flex.

~M
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Ampharos »

In post 1215, tris wrote:
In post 1211, Ampharos wrote:tris talk me through your progression on me
:? I feel like I've been more transparent on my progression on you then you have. You still haven't told us why you've shifted on me. But, I'll explain anyway.

At the start of the game, you seemed fine. I liked many of your observations, but I didn't think that any of it wasn't something mafia couldn't be just as likely observe. So, I was reserved in my read. Then, kinda pinged me as town, so that's when you became a light townread. Do you think you could articulate what you were thinking there? I know you were a bit busy following that. But, when you did post during the start of day 2, it just felt uninspired. And, I was losing the bit of towniness I had picked up from that one post. And, that's when I was starting to think you might be scum. It was a combination of POE and you not following up with anything more I thought was towny. Then, when you came back, I had mixed feelings. There is something in those posts that felt like a natural movement, but the detatchedness you described really matched up with the way I sometimes can get when I'm mafia. It happens as town too, but in that case I recover easier than as mafia. Of course, you are not me, but that's what I was thinking of. It has especially bothered me how you can't seem to explain why your read on me has changed. It looks like a scum who needs to scumread someone, but can't figure out a reason. That's what a lot of it comes off as. Someone who is having a hard time making reads because they already know what's true.
Yeah, I'm being a cagey asshole, but it's necessary for what I'm trying to do.

Quite frankly, the reason I moved you down was because I found your scumread of me to be underexplained and rather abrupt - you went from lightly townreading me on D1 to scumreading me on D2 for reasons that I couldn't really find other than "she isn't here enough". Given that quite a bit of the rest of the thread, most notably the very loud and very influential Flavor Leaf, was scumreading me as well, this set off red flags; to give me a thin townread only to flip it around when I suddenly look pushable is... not a good look.

The reason I wasn't forthright about this when I initially mentioned moving you down was because I knew that me posting 50 times in a row was gonna force people to update their read on me one way or another, and I wanted to see where the threadstate would settle, and where you would land in it. Unfortunately, less has changed in terms of threadstate than I'd hoped, since FL is still pushing me, but even given that I don't necessarily hate your response here? I think the way you're equating my detatchedness to how you play wolf is a read that comes from a villager a fair bit more often than it comes from a wolf - I think wolves
generally
rely more on universal tells, because a lot of the time they're too self-conscious to say "this is how I wolf" while actively wolfing.

So I guess I'm back to NM=>KD=>cry because I'm bad at the game? I should really figure out if TRing FL is actually a good idea or not.
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:37 am

In post 1169, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1110, Flavor Leaf wrote:Oi, I thought Nancy was Venus, Auro was Mars, and Shiro was Pluto this whole time
Nope

Shiro and Nancy also had one with Krazy where they had the same names but Krazy was Mercury
Sailor Senshi. Shiro’s dream is to have an entire Sailor hydra which would be 9 people and if we throw in TM, that would make it 10, no joke. :lol:

~M
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Ampharos »

In post 1221, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 1167, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 1132, tris wrote:
In post 1080, Flavor Leaf wrote:BEF even commented about how they changed their mind when he said their 1053 or whatever post it was ruined it
1053 just seems like a joke to me?????

The timing was way off for me to take it as just a joke.
Yeah, it was an odd flex.

~M
I maintained the maximum online rating in Mario Kart Wii for about a month straight using exclusively the Wii Wheel.

I was one game away from Mythic on MTG Arena before I went on a 6 game losing streak and then rotation made my deck terrible.

I can bend my pinky all the way back to touch the back of my hand.

My life is nothing if not a series of odd flexes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”