Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

I'm not interested in going into theory discussion to explain why I'm voting someone I think is scum, so just accept it for what it is. It boils down to me being too lazy to case people in this game so I'm just going to abuse the mechanic to get a flip on someone a lot of the game is calling town. Worst case scenario from my POV is he's town and I need to reassess lol. I don't care if that happens though. And I don't give a shit if scum get upgrades really, playing around power roles was never a big thing for me.

As for why he's scum, see previous paragraph about being lazy.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:19 pm

Well I say I'm lazy. My notes PT is currently 11 pages long and I actually probably could string together all the posts I've made about him there and paste it as a case. But I'm not going to.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 422, Servant Rider wrote:Alter Ego, did you ask me something? I'm really distracted today and it's taken me an hour to write this little post cause other things keep coming up.
I don't think there's another question for you that I committed to the thread. I've been wanting to measure my take of the game and some of my reads against yours, but balancing that, I don't want too much external influence on my thoughts. And balancing
that
, I hope an in-thread masonry coalesces. I like my safe spaces. You and Assassin have a good mix of read independence and flickers of snark, and I've felt like my impressions of the game have been challenged and only the best of my hot takes have been reinforced, if that makes sense. Bonus: I also am entertained!

So, I've been not exactly lowkey buddying you even though I worry about setting off alarms.

Let the paranoia commence!

----------------------

@Assassin

It took me a little longer to feel strongly that I can work with you, too. My townsense came way before teamsense did. I feel like you may like to play super-independently from your play so far, and I'm not sure you like or trust townblocking.

---------------------

@Moon Cancer

I ask in all earnestness, should I take your question seriously? If so, why would you want a scumread in your townblock?

There's some work needed for a meeting of the minds. I haven't sensed interest on your part in engaging me. I'm pretty sure I asked a question of you a page or two back and didn't get a reply.

----------------------

@Avenger, I like your challenges to my reads and thoughts about the gamestate, but there's an open agenda there and I'm not sure how much your ambition to win the buff affects your sense of other players. So, yeah, very interested in your reads and thoughts, and hoping I've got the right level of filter now for the ambition.

--------------------

Caution: By day 3 if not sooner, I tend to turn into a paranoid wreck and burn it all to the ground.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

A dish best served cold huh.

I’d rather you just pick me cancer. Not elaborating or going into theory, there’s pretty much nobody better than me to be the pick. I wouldn’t be spending so much time earnestly pursuing votes if it didn’t benefit the town over others.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:23 pm

In post 426, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Well I say I'm lazy. My notes PT is currently 11 pages long and I actually probably could string together all the posts I've made about him there and paste it as a case. But I'm not going to.
Wow, I’m on page two in my notes pt. Though I deleted a really long one before posting it once.

@alterego, I see.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:29 pm

If I vote you and Assassin is scum, then I'd actually need to effort to get him out of the game. It's so much easier just to abuse the mechanic to get rid of someone others seem to be heavily town-reading. And I could be wrong, in which case it'll serve as a reset.

I don't really think you're scum so I gain nothing from voting you. TBH, I actually agree with Saber's idea about using the mechanic more than I do anyone else's (though I still think slightly differently about it than he seems to).

To be clear, it's not so much that I want scum to be elected but that I want to use it as a free cop investigation on someone who could very well be scum but isn't being seen as scummy. Assassin isn't my strongest scum read, he's just the one that the least amount of people seem to agree on.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 pm

You’re really not avoiding that theory discussion you just said you didn’t want to get into. :P
IMO the scum team have half of the picture on whether they want to win the election or not.
And yet I suspect one scum is voting me. So maybe it would be better? Though I think there is benefit to hedging your bets, if you lack confidence or think you’d stand out too much Why not just curry favor as scum?

Do any of the votes on assassin seem obsequious to anyone else? Some seem a little praise worthy and I wonder if I’m scaring them away by hinting at being a pain to deal with.

I don’t think I’ll change your mind though. Will you share other reads or will you change your vote this day phase or are you pretty much locked in and not going to elaborate on other player’s further?
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:52 pm

That's only scratching the surface of the potential theory discussion, but also I just meant I'm not going to debate the merits of it. The TL;DR of it is that I don't mind this going into what is essentially 10:3 with overpowered scum but with town having a good headstart on interaction analysis. I don't care to discuss whether this is optimal or sub-optimal.

My other reads are less contentious. Archer and Shielder are probably scum. Currently mulling over who makes the most sense as a fourth, but I also just plan to smoke out anyone I'm unsure about by getting rid of the rest of them first.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 397, Servant Assassin wrote:not really a fan of that post
Why though
In post 398, Servant Alter Ego wrote:That's what I saw as inconsistent. You demurred reading the part they wanted you to read, wanted them to explain their read (which I took as you wanting them to convince you they had good reason for thinking Foreigner's town) and then gigged them for using the data that should have been familiar to you instead of data you'd refused at least twice to look at.
I was expecting him to cite some stuff from the argument since he was pushing me so hard, so it was weird that he decided not to. I guess this could be because he's trying to be nice and use stuff that I've read, but I certainly wasn't expecting it? Avenger, maybe you could clarify?
In post 399, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I think you're swell too, Avenger.
Can you please explain your combined scumread on me and Alter Ego? Also, what makes me scummier than him?

I still have no idea what Moon Cancer's NP really does lol
In post 403, Servant Avenger wrote:I’m not sure it makes or breaks the game, but I would consider the opening stages of this game unusually alignment indicative
Are you talking about the setup spec?
In post 405, Servant Saber wrote:@Lancer 361: It's not that I townread Caster
Uh, 361 isn't related to your read on Caster at all?
In post 407, Servant Lancer wrote:You can easily see scum faking a read where they claim they've been accidentally treating another player as town?
I guess there's an SvS possibility but I don't have any reason to think that, really.

What do you like about Assassin's questions?
Also, what's wrong with Avenger making sure the setup is understood?
Yeah, why not? I like that Assassin is blunt and tells it as he thinks it. Questions seem to have purpose too and it's not like scum trying to gain towncred through them really. I suppose he could just be a good scum though. I just didn't really think it was necessary for Avenger to go through all of that again?
In post 409, Servant Caster wrote:Their questioning of Lancer, while sometimes too aggressive, showed critical thought, came off to me as something he really cared about. Also, the fact he is still badgering Lancer about it when no one else really cares proves this to me.
Good point.
In post 419, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I'm just about ready to start taking townblock applications. /homage to our dearly beloved host
/in townblock

Agree with Rider about Berserker.
In post 428, Servant Avenger wrote:I’d rather you just pick me cancer. Not elaborating or going into theory, there’s pretty much nobody better than me to be the pick. I wouldn’t be spending so much time earnestly pursuing votes if it didn’t benefit the town over others.
Why are you better than Assassin
In post 432, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Archer and Shielder are probably scum.
It's not me.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Servant Berserker »

Avenger is the only person I am comfortable voting for. Also, town blocking here before a flip is.... Bad. Very bad.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:06 pm

In post 423, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 421, Servant Avenger wrote:@mooncaster, who’s scum?
Probably Assassin.

Vote: Servant Assassin

: ]
???
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:14 pm

In post 432, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:That's only scratching the surface of the potential theory discussion, but also I just meant I'm not going to debate the merits of it. The TL;DR of it is that I don't mind this going into what is essentially 10:3 with overpowered scum but with town having a good headstart on interaction analysis. I don't care to discuss whether this is optimal or sub-optimal.

My other reads are less contentious. Archer and Shielder are probably scum. Currently mulling over who makes the most sense as a fourth, but I also just plan to smoke out anyone I'm unsure about by getting rid of the rest of them first.
You don't care to debate... which means this is a deflection?

Your logic here is not prima facie, and flies in the face of the common conception here.

That makes this action either performative for the sake of appearing unique-> town as a fallacy townies make.

Or you genuinely believe this and you're not going to accomplish dick by saying this.

So explain, or don't, but know if you choose don't you aren't getting town points for this.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 419, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Reading back through the thread AGAIN, I see that I attributed something to you that Avenger posted. I thought I was doing pretty well at hooking posts to names in my memory. It doesn't really impact my read, but it makes me even more wrong about you campaigning.

I guess I'm low enough sort priority that my error didn't catch your attention!

How are you feeling about Rider?
i saw what you said but just assumed you were interpreting me differently. truthfully though you were in the group of people i lazily filed to "look into later" in my notes

my last note on rider was several days ago and it was just saying i don't like seeing a no context early readslist. i have not updated it since
In post 420, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 419, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I'm just about ready to start taking townblock applications.
I think I'm in the top 90% of scum hunters on site. Is that good enough to apply?
oh guess i have to scumread you now
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 421, Servant Avenger wrote:@caster, why does lancer’s defense, coming from himself, weaken the argument? It’s a rule of thumb that bias means an untrue result, but this is short hand for evaluating a statement and seeing whether it is true or not. It has nothing to do with who said it, merely what they said.
I mean, there's nothing really to his objection other than "nuh uh." If he wants to be more substantive about it that would help, but at present it just looks like omgus.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 425, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I'm not interested in going into theory discussion to explain why I'm voting someone I think is scum, so just accept it for what it is. It boils down to me being too lazy to case people in this game so I'm just going to abuse the mechanic to get a flip on someone a lot of the game is calling town. Worst case scenario from my POV is he's town and I need to reassess lol. I don't care if that happens though. And I don't give a shit if scum get upgrades really, playing around power roles was never a big thing for me.

As for why he's scum, see previous paragraph about being lazy.
You people are getting really frustrating with this bullshit.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 426, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Well I say I'm lazy. My notes PT is currently 11 pages long and I actually probably could string together all the posts I've made about him there and paste it as a case. But I'm not going to.
So you just hate the town and want us to lose? Ok
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:32 pm

Okay I'm good with Caster winning the vote too.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

Brb gonna start deliberately being scummy to trick the town into optimal play
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 430, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:If I vote you and Assassin is scum, then I'd actually need to effort to get him out of the game. It's so much easier just to abuse the mechanic to get rid of someone others seem to be heavily town-reading. And I could be wrong, in which case it'll serve as a reset.

I don't really think you're scum so I gain nothing from voting you. TBH, I actually agree with Saber's idea about using the mechanic more than I do anyone else's (though I still think slightly differently about it than he seems to).

To be clear, it's not so much that I want scum to be elected but that I want to use it as a free cop investigation on someone who could very well be scum but isn't being seen as scummy. Assassin isn't my strongest scum read, he's just the one that the least amount of people seem to agree on.
Let me get this straight. You have 11 pages of notes. That's more than half the size of this ENTIRE THREAD. You came in here posting everything in rhyme and meter because you felt like it. And yet it's too much effort to tell any of us why you think Assassin is scum? Do I have that right?
Servant Alter Ego wrote:So, I've been not exactly lowkey buddying you even though I worry about setting off alarms.

Let the paranoia commence!
Alarms be damned. I'll be in thread masons with you.
Vote Assassin with me. Unless you have a really good reason not to. I'm kind of pissed off and am very prone to making bad decisions!

Pedit: Caster come be masons with us
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:38 pm

well don't copy-paste, you'll get yourself modkilled

but i can't wait to see those posts in postgame lmao
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

I'm more or less in for the inthread masonry, though I'd be more comfortable electing alter ego or foreigner atm. I don't think we're playing well by honoring foreigner's desire to not be elected when he is obvtown.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

What do we think are the odds of someone using the "I want to elect scum" take yo vote their buddy? Or should I be not posting this yet?
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:42 pm

In post 446, Servant Caster wrote:What do we think are the odds of someone using the "I want to elect scum" take yo vote their buddy? Or should I be not posting this yet?
my thoughts are you should help moon cancer bus me
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:42 pm

In post 445, Servant Caster wrote:I'm more or less in for the inthread masonry, though I'd be more comfortable electing alter ego or foreigner atm. I don't think we're playing well by honoring foreigner's desire to not be elected when he is obvtown.
would you vote Avenger?
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:44 pm

In post 447, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 446, Servant Caster wrote:What do we think are the odds of someone using the "I want to elect scum" take yo vote their buddy? Or should I be not posting this yet?
my thoughts are you should help moon cancer bus me
You get disqualified when someone like Moon wants to vote you.

No matter their alignment, you're a bad vote.

So is foreigner, btw. I don't trust their judgement.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”