Mini Normal 2159 | Cinder Block Mafia | Game Over!

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

I think the shelly wagon was scum driven. Scum rarely get eliminated Day 1, except by luck or major slipup and the way this gamestate was in Day 1, it's very likely imo. Shelly wasn't even all that scummy to me.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

ok italiano. its time for you and walter to explain why you were so confident in each other yesterday. i dont like your entrance to today, and while i covered for you yesterday i think you owe an explanation to everyone for what you crumbed yesterday.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 871, Raya36 wrote:I feel like there's a pretty good chance scum is between cfj or Walter though
So you're saying both scum bussed shelly?
In post 872, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 866, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 855, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 839, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 826, RCEnigma wrote:I will hammer whichever wagon hits E-1 first as soon as it hits E-1 no questions asked. Claims out if ya got em.
this post never comes from town
ur so cracked
In post 856, Nosferatu wrote:honestly ill switch to shellyc

VOTE: shellyc

i town read this slot but i really don't like who's on the walter wagon with me
I'm tempted to town read Nosferatu for the end of day switch here.

I agreee sorta also. Iam trying to figure out why scum team would not stall out the game state again. Which makes me think nos is town for that. Although I'm not sure RCE using the same reasons is a good one.
Do you think a stall would be inconspicuous if they were already bussing? I don't know how effective jumping off of shelly last minute would be.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 876, Tayl0r Swift wrote:ok italiano. its time for you and walter to explain why you were so confident in each other yesterday. i dont like your entrance to today, and while i covered for you yesterday i think you owe an explanation to everyone for what you crumbed yesterday.
And I appreciate that a lot. It's going to come up eventually, but I am the Friendly town neighbor and I share a neighborhood with Walter.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

@Taylor: I am scumreading Gamma, just so you know.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 877, Looker wrote:
In post 871, Raya36 wrote:I feel like there's a pretty good chance scum is between cfj or Walter though
In post 872, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 826, RCEnigma wrote:I will hammer whichever wagon hits E-1 first as soon as it hits E-1 no questions asked. Claims out if ya got em.
ur so cracked

I agreee sorta also. Iam trying to figure out why scum team would not stall out the game state again. Which makes me think nos is town for that. Although I'm not sure RCE using the same reasons is a good one.
Do you think a stall would be inconspicuous if they were already bussing?
I don't know how effective jumping off of shelly last minute would be.
Jumping on would be. Or staying off for that matter.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 878, ItalianoVD wrote:And I appreciate that a lot. It's going to come up eventually, but I am the Friendly town neighbor and I share a neighborhood with Walter.
Do you have the ability to confirm yourself to people overnight?

If so, who did you confirm yourself to last night?
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 878, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 876, Tayl0r Swift wrote:ok italiano. its time for you and walter to explain why you were so confident in each other yesterday. i dont like your entrance to today, and while i covered for you yesterday i think you owe an explanation to everyone for what you crumbed yesterday.
And I appreciate that a lot. It's going to come up eventually, but I am the Friendly town neighbor and I share a neighborhood with Walter.
and did the mod confirm to you that walter is town?
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

This is true
Me and italiano are in a neighborhood
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

ok but do you know each other's roles? because a scum-town neighborhood is definitely a thing
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I don't believe that the wagon was scum driven. I believe it wasn't intended by scum.

The TFN neighborhood thing makes sense given the theory I floated yesterday about the setup being a 9-4, with more prs to come for town. I'm actually imagining this setup now as a series of two-person town neighborhoods vs four scum. Maybe one neighborhood is one town one scum.

In my current view of the game CFJ is angry because he believes shelly lost the game for scum, and given it's a traditional 10-3 setup, I believe there were no scum on the shelly wagon, and one on each of the others:

Gamma on the geraintm wagon, CFJ on Walter wagon and shelly on her own Italiano wagon.

Given a 9-4 I think there was a single scum on the shelly wagon, and my first guess is tayl0r. She doesn't seem very happy that a mafia got lynched D1 + a VT died, and she seems a little anxious for town cred.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 881, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 878, ItalianoVD wrote:And I appreciate that a lot. It's going to come up eventually, but I am the Friendly town neighbor and I share a neighborhood with Walter.

In post 882, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 883, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:This is true
In post 884, Tayl0r Swift wrote:ok but do you know each other's roles? because a scum-town neighborhood is definitely a thing
I'm reading panic here.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Panic from both the tayl0r and CFJ slots.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm very curious what power roles scum have available to them in a normal setup. Does anyone mind giving a brief summary of the current normal setup meta on the scum side?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 877, Looker wrote:
No. I'm saying one of those two are probably scum. But that is an interesting theory considering the idea that the elimination was scum driven
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:35 pm

In post 888, Frogsterking wrote:I'm very curious what power roles scum have available to them in a normal setup. Does anyone mind giving a brief summary of the current normal setup meta on the scum side?
Most commonly, either three goons, or two goons + a weak investigative (Rolecop, Tracker, etc.). Encryptors used to be common, but nowadays simply putting "scum have daytalk" in the rules is more common.

It's possible for scum to have a Roleblocker or similar role, but those tend to need a very powerful town in order to counteract their balance effects.

Neighbourhoods are more commonly town+town, although town+scum is also seen. (Some mods will pick one neighbour as town, then randomly pick who the other neighbour is, in order to avoid modmeta/modWIFOM being used to figure out the alignments of a neighbourhood.)
scum
town
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 884, Tayl0r Swift wrote:ok but do you know each other's roles? because a scum-town neighborhood is definitely a thing
Scum!Walter would have likely NKed the FN. Nobody would know for sure if it was luck or if Walter knew.

UNVOTE:
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:43 pm

I think there's a chance that Italiano is confused between the roles "neighbour" and "friendly neighbour"; Italiano has been confirmed to have the first by Walter, and has claimed the second (possibly by mistake). It is possible, even in a Normal, for him to have both. This is why it's important to get a clarification of the claim, because there's a big difference in terms of balance impact and in what we can deduce from Walter's actions.

@
Italiano
: Are you a Friendly Neighbour (can confirm self as town), or just a Neighbour (can talk privately)? If you are a Friendly Neighbour, a) who did you confirm yourself to (knowing this will probably let us confirm you as town), b) did Walter know that prior to the end of Night 1?
scum
town
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 886, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 881, callforjudgement wrote:

In post 882, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 883, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:This is true
I'm reading panic here.
Another thing is there is no attempt to read Walter's alignment from this new info. It makes much more sense that Walter is town in this situation or I'd expect Italiano to be dead instead of confirmed right now. Not worth the town cred of keeping the FN alive in my opinion.

This reads as Taylor guessing that Walter is not confirmed to be town and therefore using that to try to place doubt.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Walter isn't confirmed even if Italiano is FN. Whether he knew going into the night or night, there are some large conclusions being jumped to, will consolidate my initial day 2 reads when I do some wagon sniffing.

However Nos town from eod (alright felt like this was true but ehh) as well as gerain. My vote on Shelly was kind of an eod prayer since deadline had already passed (even with the 2 hour delay) I threw it on Shelly thinking it probably wouldn't count but hey if it did we get a flip.

Gerain 100% could have just opted not to hammer and had already established he would probably miss eod.

Regardless I think it's an offwagon day. NM looks more like a pr hunt than anything else and should NOT dissuade off wagon hunting.

But RC, why would scum shoot offwagon if they weren't on the Shelly wagon? Well silly little townie, cuz mafia.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 887, Frogsterking wrote:Panic from both the tayl0r and CFJ slots.
what sort of panic do you think im in? what exactly do you think is causing me to panic?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

ur so cracked

honestly i was hard reading shelly as town i was so ready to gloat
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

at this point it may be helpful for everyone to claim whether or not they are in a neighborhood. no need to claim neighbors, but it would be very helpful for me to understand my role. i can claim/explain everything or at least something based on what people say.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 881, callforjudgement wrote:Do you have the ability to confirm yourself to people overnight?
Yes
In post 881, callforjudgement wrote:If so, who did you confirm yourself to last night?
If that person wants to reveal that they can do that.
In post 882, Tayl0r Swift wrote:...and while i covered for you yesterday i think you owe an explanation to everyone for what you crumbed yesterday.
I missed this initially. Why does it sound like you are so concerned that I crumbed?
From what I’ve read scum is more likely to be in 3+ person neighborhoods. That’s not to say it can’t happen in a 2 person neighborhood, but I don’t think it’s likely in this case.

And to answer your previous question, no Walter’s role has not been confirmed to me, but I wasn’t gonna feel comfortable him getting eliminated because I’ve had a strong feeling that Walter was/is town.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 898, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 881, callforjudgement wrote:Do you have the ability to confirm yourself to people overnight?
Yes
In post 881, callforjudgement wrote:If so, who did you confirm yourself to last night?
If that person wants to reveal that they can do that.
In post 882, Tayl0r Swift wrote:...and while i covered for you yesterday i think you owe an explanation to everyone for what you crumbed yesterday.
I missed this initially. Why does it sound like you are so concerned that I crumbed?
From what I’ve read scum is more likely to be in 3+ person neighborhoods. That’s not to say it can’t happen in a 2 person neighborhood, but I don’t think it’s likely in this case.

And to answer your previous question, no Walter’s role has not been confirmed to me, but I wasn’t gonna feel comfortable him getting eliminated because I’ve had a strong feeling that Walter was/is town.
im concerned because i picked up on the crumb and made an assumption about your role and then hard defended you and walter (especially walter). following that, the pressure on walter disappeared. if theres a possibility that walter could be scum (if most/all of you are in neighborhoods it becomes increasingly likely that at least some of you are in neighborhoods with scum). if the pressure on walter disappeared for bad reasons, then we should look back at day 1 and reconsider whether walter is a good push today.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”