Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:11 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 397, morph the cat wrote:
In post 392, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 386, Bell wrote:Cool.
Now start solving and maybe i’ll Town read you too.
It’s Day 1. To imply that a solve is at all what should be happening here and now is just not the way.

This is where reads start to develop, and I am currently getting a feel for the gamestate, the playerlist, and once I hyperanalyze everyone and the way they speak, the way they react to everyone, which I have already taken in, my analysis will come in.

This is an old school mindset of yours.

This is an alt, I’ve also played off site, I’ve had weekly face to face, sometimes daily, mafia groups, I’m a large theme mod.

So I am here right now to help everyone who doesn’t know me learn the way that I am and help them be able to better read me.
Would you like to start by looking over s_s's iso?
Oh, I already have.

Let me be clear, I understand why you have pushed him that way, I just don’t believe that it’s correct. He has a different type of style even for modern times, but the fact of the matter is, I’ve just seen this exact thing happen before. I’ll look for the game in a little bit, I’m about to go make some food.

I think he is getting playstyle pushed right now, and I will defend him if I don’t believe there to be anything other than that, especially so early in a game.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 387, April Ludgate wrote:My join date on this account should say a lot
Heh, nice. I didn't notice that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Bell »

In post 396, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 394, Bell wrote:I don’t really know what to say to that.
If you’re good enough you probably can steam roll the scum team day 1, day 2 and I guess day 3.
Nah, one of those will probably be a town read.

And you guys aren’t gonna wanna listen to me, so I have to figure that side of things out.

People like to push surface level reads because that’s what’s in front of them; I like to read gamestate and why said players are being pushed.

So who is your top scum read?
Yes, it turns out that town don’t know who the scum are and they often make mistakes. Does that mean town fan’t Destroy the scum team? It just means it’s unlikely. Also, I feel a little weird where you’re talking like half the people here can’t read nuance or subtlety.

If you say the right words in the right way I will listen to you. Same as anyone else.

Rn? Probably +J, tunnel. But they’re basically null reads rn.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:13 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 399, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 374, morph the cat wrote:I'll thank you kindly to stay out of my line of inquiry.
What are you inquiring about?
I'd like to see your thoughts about the gamestate.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:13 am

Post by April Ludgate »

I like when we naturally line up this early. It’s a good sign, SS.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

In post 278, midwaybear wrote:Yes, but since we are speaking in the hypotheticals, I'd prefer not to elaborate on potential things that could be divined from a tone shift. Hopefully this comes into play for real sometime this game
eh i'm done here but i didn't get as much as i wanted to from it. gun to my head this comes from town

-b
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:14 am

In post 395, April Ludgate wrote:Instant town read because of the pressure on him when I showed up because it’s exactly what happened when I played a game with him with older players earlier in the year.
For the record, I don't really feel like there's pressure on me per se. It's more just that I haven't contributed anything yet, and people see that as a less-than-ideal state of affairs.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

In post 279, midwaybear wrote:I think Bulge is town.
off what post(s)?

-b
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:15 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 405, Remilia Scarlet wrote:
In post 278, midwaybear wrote:Yes, but since we are speaking in the hypotheticals, I'd prefer not to elaborate on potential things that could be divined from a tone shift. Hopefully this comes into play for real sometime this game
eh i'm done here but i didn't get as much as i wanted to from it. gun to my head this comes from town

-b
You are so late to that party.

But makeup exam credit noted.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Bell »

I continue my fine tradition of being unable to read the bulge.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:15 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 402, Bell wrote:
In post 396, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 394, Bell wrote:I don’t really know what to say to that.
If you’re good enough you probably can steam roll the scum team day 1, day 2 and I guess day 3.
Nah, one of those will probably be a town read.

And you guys aren’t gonna wanna listen to me, so I have to figure that side of things out.

People like to push surface level reads because that’s what’s in front of them; I like to read gamestate and why said players are being pushed.

So who is your top scum read?
Yes, it turns out that town don’t know who the scum are and they often make mistakes. Does that mean town fan’t Destroy the scum team? It just means it’s unlikely. Also, I feel a little weird where you’re talking like half the people here can’t read nuance or subtlety.

If you say the right words in the right way I will listen to you. Same as anyone else.

Rn? Probably +J, tunnel. But they’re basically null reads rn.
My philosophy is if you are dead wrong 3 days in a row, but day 4 come in with the exact right solve, that’s an MVP play right there.

I agree, wrong reads isn’t a bad thing because there’s a reason you have wrong reads, usually because scum have manipulated game state and made different actions.

I wrote a ScumPlay guide in the Mafia Discussion section if you want to see my thoughts on basic scum play.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:17 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 406, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 395, April Ludgate wrote:Instant town read because of the pressure on him when I showed up because it’s exactly what happened when I played a game with him with older players earlier in the year.
For the record, I don't really feel like there's pressure on me per se. It's more just that I haven't contributed anything yet, and people see that as a less-than-ideal state of affairs.
I felt it like you did post a few times and people didn’t like your “voice”, and went after you.

I confirmed that to myself when i entered today and the same thing happened to me with them coming after me for a second.

I’m just louder and more abrasive than you so they didn’t come after me fully.

Which is also interesting to note.

For what it’s worth, I fuck with Remelia, Morph, and Bell already on a player level, I just don’t think all three of them are town.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Bell »

Sure. Share away.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:18 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Screw it, I’m ordering DoorDash and playing for another 10 minutes.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Bell »

What are you screwing
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:19 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 414, Bell wrote:What are you screwing
Hopefully this carnitas burrito in the future

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=84028 - my scum play guide for anyone who wants to see the way I operate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:20 am

In post 403, morph the cat wrote:I'd like to see your thoughts about the gamestate.
Do you mean the gamestate as in the overall trends and major activities of the game? Because it's a pretty unremarkable early game right now.

If you just wanted to hear my thoughts on the game, I don't have any yet that I haven't shared, but I can reread and look for some if you would like.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:21 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 411, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 406, Something_Smart wrote:
I felt it like you did post a few times and people didn’t like your “voice”, and went after you.

I confirmed that to myself when i entered today and the same thing happened to me with them coming after me for a second.

I’m just louder and more abrasive than you so they didn’t come after me fully.

Which is also interesting to note.

For what it’s worth, I fuck with Remelia, Morph, and Bell already on a player level, I just don’t think all three of them are town.
Mostly, you're hyperposting and doing what you claim we've been doing: trying to control the conversations. I can either engage you, try to read you, and work with you if you're town.

Or I can go on about my business in this game and ignore you for a while.

It's not entirely my choice. It's not entirely yours.

For now, the balls in your court, though!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Bell »

Oh, you’re flavorleaf. Hi.
Morph’s still town though. I’m sure you too will see that in a couple hundred posts or so.
Nice try.
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Secret Tunnel »

In post 356, Secret Tunnel wrote:Thank you. I promise I am town!
I can confirm this is true

-innocentvillager
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:24 am

Post by April Ludgate »

@Morph - I don’t believe I’m controlling conversation rather than being a focal point of it right now.

I’m just talking about whatever comes to my mind, whatever you guys reply to me. I’m trying to help you guys see where I’m coming from, while bringing my thoughts about the current push on SS, which I don’t believe is coming from ScumHim right now based on seeing this happen before. I’ll find the game later.

Even in person, I got the gift of gab (baby), so I just talk a lot.

I do talk about anything and everything that I have something to say for
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:25 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 418, Bell wrote:Oh, you’re flavorleaf. Hi.
Morph’s still town though. I’m sure you too will see that in a couple hundred posts or so.
Nice try.
I said I don’t quite thing all 3 of you are town. I think 2 of you are, unsure which.

If you guys are all 3 town, that will be discovered later.

If all 3 of you are town, and Something is town, I believe this game’s going to be hard for scum.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:25 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 418, Bell wrote:Oh, you’re flavorleaf. Hi.
Nice try.
Hello.

Some may know me as Boonskiies.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:26 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 416, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 403, morph the cat wrote:I'd like to see your thoughts about the gamestate.
Do you mean the gamestate as in the overall trends and major activities of the game? Because it's a pretty unremarkable early game right now.

If you just wanted to hear my thoughts on the game, I don't have any yet that I haven't shared, but I can reread and look for some if you would like.
I'll take anything that helps me see how you're processing this game. Right now, I have what appear to be a few low-key snipes, against the grain comments, and what appears to be some active dislike for the hydrae in the game.

The last time I played with you, you were in a hydra. That was a couple years ago and it seems that your playstyle has changed a little. You're closer to in-the-moment in this game that I remember from that one. And you're a little less heart-on-sleeve earnest looking than you were in the loooooong ago game I modded that you played.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:29 am

We also played in Board Game uPick: Expansion, where you faked a guilty on RC. I was town and not in a hydra then; I believe it was a little after the all-hydra scum game. I don't remember what my playstyle was like in that game, I think it was at least a bit different because I remember having multiple confident scumreads and that doesn't sound like modern me :lol:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”