Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:49 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 442, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 437, PlusJOYED wrote:Hold up april is getting townier page 17 nevermind
Also I think morph is town too
I still think either bulge or notscience is scum but not both, if that makes any sense
Yeah, I like it.

Which one you want more?

Can you describe why you feel that?

I want the three I mentioned to be all town, and I don’t think it’s impossible. I am actively pushing away my gut feeling of one scum in Morph, Remelia, Bell.

So Remelia, UNVOTE: Remelia

I like SS for town, but I could be biased based on our history, however, similar things happened before, however I was also getting pushed down as well in that game.

I don’t believe I am here, which is also interesting.

Let’s go this route.

Remelia, SS, Morph, Bell, Plusjoyed, all town.

What happens next?
prefer bulge rn. But that isn't exactly fair sense the crux of my read will depend on how bulge reacts (or absence of a reaction) to notsci townbinning them, and I don't think he's seen that yet. But I dislike the prism vote and immediate contradiction from bulge.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 444, April Ludgate wrote:I also resent that LAMIST comment.

If anything I’m just LAM.
Okay, that's pretty fair :lol:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 449, Bell wrote:And S_S version three is here.
Neat.
I what now?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Bell »

I’ve played with you twice. You were different versions of yourself.
Now there’s a third version.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Prism »

So I've had thoughts since Page 13 but wanted to give more time to see if I could get some more votes on me for reaction. 6 more pages and more than half the playerlist, it looks like this won't happen unless I just want to AFK even now that I have things to say. Kind of disappointing but there's a limit to how self-indulgent I can be. My thinking was that if I'm not going to be useful any other way, I might as well just see what happens if I played openly dismissive. Of the playerlist, I've only played with FL and I barely noticed him either time, meaning I couldn't really open the way I like to. I was really disappointed Morph didn't tag onto the vote given their previous interest, then realized they apparently want to sync their vote, but then still didn't swing it even when the other came around so alas.

Both Bulge and Ffery misinterpreted those posts, by the way. I was never bored/apathetic of the game. I was extremely interested and eager to see what would result.
In post 302, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 292, The Bulge wrote:
In post 290, Prism wrote:I wonder.
framing this boredom as a reaction test doesn't make it any less scummy
I don't think it's fair to SR prism yet, you look like your just looking for an easy target here without explaining your process much
UNVOTE:
VOTE: bulge
I really didn't like this. There's a really clear town incentive to pressure players-even easy targets. Why is this scummy from Bulge?
In post 305, Secret Tunnel wrote:Joyed is probably town too so make it five
? Timing on this really confuses me. You just took issue with two different reads/reactions of theirs in #303. This slot feels town because of the off the cuff/immediate response style but I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the reads: I did like that they immediately elaborated on 310 in 311. I also liked the response in 337

P-Edit: Good fucking lord the pace of this game is insane
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:52 am

Post by midwaybear »

What is wrong with the Prism vote? What do you see that makes Bulge opportunistic scum rather than a town push?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Bell »

Sorry, i’m always excited to get to know people better.
Don’t mind me.

Where’s alisae?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 445, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 443, morph the cat wrote:
In post 442, April Ludgate wrote:Remelia, SS, Morph, Bell, Plusjoyed, all town.
I would love to live in this world. Sadly, I have reservations, and not just on the one you are defending.
I like the idea of seeing scum play in a gamestate where that is presumed the case. Does this make sense?
Sure. But in that case, it's almost certainly Muffin and two others. And that would break my heart. We'd probably win, but it'd break my heart. In like... 49 different fractures.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:54 am

Post by morph the cat »

I would love nothing more than to have this be anon dancegame again, and everyone talking is ubertown.

But that's a little too wishful on the thinking scale.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:54 am

Post by midwaybear »

@bell who is your second most confident read on right now?
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:56 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

i just don't see a difference between LAMIST and LAM. I don't think LAM is real, you either project a scumlean or townlean when doing so; it's never neutral. But I liked everything you've said after the first few posts A LOT. I think we'll get along but im hesitant to townbin you just yet since it might just be that I like your playstyle, since that's what I aspire to be one day so there is potential for me to be deeply pocketed by scum!april, so I'm gonna intentionally view you as null for now, same with remilla but in that case substitute me being a touhou fan over me likeing their playstyle
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:57 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 456, Bell wrote:Where’s alisae?
Cut them some slack. It's incredibly hard to plan your entrance into the main thread when several slots you fear drew town and you didn't.

Especially when there's other posts onsite to make that are less fraught with danger at every turn.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Bell »

In post 458, morph the cat wrote:I would love nothing more than to have this be anon dancegame again, and everyone talking is ubertown.

But that's a little too wishful on the thinking scale.
In post 459, midwaybear wrote:@bell who is your second most confident read on right now?
Good Q. I don’t have any real confidence anywhere else, yet.
I’m waiting and thinking.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:57 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 460, PlusJOYED wrote:same with remilla but in that case substitute me being a touhou fan over me likeing their playstyle
You’ve got to be kidding me...
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:58 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 454, Prism wrote:So I've had thoughts since Page 13 but wanted to give more time to see if I could get some more votes on me for reaction. 6 more pages and more than half the playerlist, it looks like this won't happen unless I just want to AFK even now that I have things to say. Kind of disappointing but there's a limit to how self-indulgent I can be. My thinking was that if I'm not going to be useful any other way, I might as well just see what happens if I played openly dismissive. Of the playerlist, I've only played with FL and I barely noticed him either time, meaning I couldn't really open the way I like to. I was really disappointed Morph didn't tag onto the vote given their previous interest, then realized they apparently want to sync their vote, but then still didn't swing it even when the other came around so alas.

Both Bulge and Ffery misinterpreted those posts, by the way. I was never bored/apathetic of the game. I was extremely interested and eager to see what would result.
I don't think it's fair to SR prism yet, you look like your just looking for an easy target here without explaining your process much
UNVOTE:
I really didn't like this. There's a really clear town incentive to pressure players-even easy targets. Why is this scummy from Bulge?
? Timing on this really confuses me. You just took issue with two different reads/reactions of theirs in #303. This slot feels town because of the off the cuff/immediate response style but I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the reads: I did like that they immediately elaborated on 310 in 311. I also liked the response in 337

What vote did you want us to tag on to?

Cabd knows he can move our vote wherever he wishes. My mental vote will be on Secret Tunnels until I see something more troubling in the game than they are.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:58 am

Post by morph the cat »

Like I said, it's Yomi level 1 - surface level up in here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Prism »

In post 461, morph the cat wrote:
Cut them some slack. It's incredibly hard to plan your entrance into the main thread when several slots you fear drew town and you didn't.

Especially when there's other posts onsite to make that are less fraught with danger at every turn.
The real reason they're afraid is because I'm holding them hostage to release those Scumsman PTs, I'm not giving up on this

P-Edit: Me
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:59 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 460, PlusJOYED wrote:

i just don't see a difference between LAMIST and LAM. I don't think LAM is real, you either project a scumlean or townlean when doing so; it's never neutral. But I liked everything you've said after the first few posts A LOT. I think we'll get along but im hesitant to townbin you just yet since it might just be that I like your playstyle, since that's what I aspire to be one day so there is potential for me to be deeply pocketed by scum!april, so I'm gonna intentionally view you as null for now, same with remilla but in that case substitute me being a touhou fan over me likeing their playstyle
Look at me I’m so town is me trying to force people to see me as town.

I don’t care one way or another right now if people see me as town, but they best know I’m ready to throw some hands if need be.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:59 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 464, morph the cat wrote:
In post 454, Prism wrote:So I've had thoughts since Page 13 but wanted to give more time to see if I could get some more votes on me for reaction. 6 more pages and more than half the playerlist, it looks like this won't happen unless I just want to AFK even now that I have things to say. Kind of disappointing but there's a limit to how self-indulgent I can be. My thinking was that if I'm not going to be useful any other way, I might as well just see what happens if I played openly dismissive. Of the playerlist, I've only played with FL and I barely noticed him either time, meaning I couldn't really open the way I like to. I was really disappointed Morph didn't tag onto the vote given their previous interest, then realized they apparently want to sync their vote, but then still didn't swing it even when the other came around so alas.

UNVOTE:

What vote did you want us to tag on to?

Cabd knows he can move our vote wherever he wishes. My mental vote will be on Secret Tunnels until I see something more troubling in the game than they are.
Assuming Prism meant that we didn't vote her makes her sad.

But that wasn't going to happen, notsci is the fish to fry before anything else at that point in the game. You're a side dish at best.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:00 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 466, Prism wrote:

The real reason they're afraid is because I'm holding them hostage to release those Scumsman PTs, I'm not giving up on this

I had hoped fakegod would end up in the player list (he might as a replacement) so I could votepark on him until he tells me who the hell was playing as guy the third in dancegame. Alas, we exist in this reality and not that one.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:00 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

that's a good question, I guess I felt sympathy for you being pressured for not having any reads this early while bulge had nothing either. Maybe that's a little unfair to bulge ...
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:01 am

Post by midwaybear »

So when are you going to explain this notsci scumread? Not seeing it
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:01 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 466, Prism wrote:

Also, Alisae's most recent site check in is concurrent with page 16 of this game....
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:02 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 471, midwaybear wrote:So when are you going to explain this notsci scumread? Not seeing it
Was this at us?

It was explained in our ISO but it's extremely meta based.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:02 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 448, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 436, morph the cat wrote:How about Prism? What do you think of their play so far?

Have you played much with them? My experience with them is as a mod in two towngames.
Prism's comment about having no thoughts on the game is a towntell that I like to use. But, this seems like the kind of game where that would be an easy thing to do as scum who's not part of the meta circle, so I'm hesitant to assign townpoints to it. (And I'm not really sure how much of a towntell it actually is, though I have seen it be right in the past.)

Other than that Prism seems pretty unwilling to do anything at all to avoid pressure. I would suspect that that's just a Prism MO, but it's possibly a towntell.

I haven't played with Prism, discounting a game that was abandoned immediately after I replaced into it. I modded a game where they had a deadbeat scumteam and pulled off an extremely impressive scum win (in what was probably a somewhat townsided setup). I don't recall exactly why they got so townread but I think it had to do with faking really genuine-looking actions such as a self-vote. So that's probably a good sign since they seem the polar opposite of that here, but it was a long time ago.
My impression of their townplay in the games I modded was that they were intense, focused and passionate about getting things right.

That kind of intensity does seem to burn off with a few years' play.

I'm not scumreading them. I'm just a little disappointed atm.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”