Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Bell »

Is it better to be rejected or ignored.
Or is that the same thing.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by MariaR »

Okay Morph I know muffin is smelly but what I asked for the reads list so it helps me get in the game?
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 576, MariaR wrote:Okay Morph I know muffin is smelly but what I asked for the reads list so it helps me get in the game?
I'd probably link you the posts in the iso that we made statements about our reads for you, lady the first.

Is this you actually asking?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 577, morph the cat wrote:
In post 576, MariaR wrote:Okay Morph I know muffin is smelly but what I asked for the reads list so it helps me get in the game?
I'd probably link you the posts in the iso that we made statements about our reads for you, lady the first.

Is this you actually asking?
It would be helpful to have something to go back and read after I'm done reading this romance novel yes. Thank you gentleman the sixth.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 505, Prism wrote:Can you elaborate on why this game appeared to be polar opposite? This seems to suggest that either I wasn't looking very genuine, that the type of actions were fundamentally different, or that there's just something tonally/stylistically that's different. Selfvoting in three way ExLo with a player openly scumreading me is a lot more bold than just saying "Yeah I don't have reads vote me" knowing the chance of it going through is small.
Specifically, the part that's opposite is that your play this game has been very reserved. Of course it's a small sample size, but I'm just working with what I've got. In that game, from a mod's eye view I could see that you were going to great lengths to appear genuine, whereas at the time of my post in this game you had posted tersely and sarcastically and hadn't really made any effort to look like you were doing something.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 513, MariaR wrote:Don't really like this post. It feels like putting in a lot more reasoning than really is needed for something that was so minor.
That feels pretty normal from what I know of Bell.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 574, morph the cat wrote:the sheer burning happiness at getting a town role pm after days of fearful anticipation would be readily apparent
heh
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i will say that i considered you being giddy as one of the reasons i *might* be incorrect in my impression, but i still haven't seen anything town
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Even though they confused the fuck out of me I liked fferys approach to me

Both the initial pressure from not engaging her early like I used to and also I think she had no reason to give me space and could keep me on my back foot and likely get the vote from Bork/giffy
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Bell »

Can we get more votes on muffin. I’m pretty sure that will help me figure out if he’s good at being scum or if this is going to be eaay
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

to be clear, i think pretty much everything you've written so far has come across as forced. questions like are a pretty good example of this, but just in general i think you're trying way too hard to be present rather than doing anything that seems town. i think some of your other questioning is 'fair', but not town-looking

and i don't know how you still don't have a town read on noddy lol, and i completely disagree with bork thinking you taking a 'nacho' approach to them now is a good sign
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

I simultaneously am debating if there’s scum between morph and muffin or if I don’t like the people pushing that more
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Bell »

Define forced.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i mean i just gave you an example of a question that was forced

let's put it this way, i don't believe any answer that was given to that question was going to really tell them anything about something_smart and i don't think they actually thought it would so it just looks like they felt compelled to question something without even thinking about why it matters

which is a theme in a lot of their posts so far

also i think their initial suspicion on noddy was forced too, for a lot of the same reasons
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 584, Bell wrote:he’s good at being scum
He is good at playing both alignments. That's not really the question you need to ask yourself, assume he is.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 586, Secret Tunnel wrote:I simultaneously am debating if there’s scum between morph and muffin or if I don’t like the people pushing that more
Secret fence sitter.
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

It’s not really a secret you should know by now that both IV are very fencesitty and waffley
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Both iv and I
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 588, zMuffinMan wrote:let's put it this way, i don't believe any answer that was given to that question was going to really tell them anything about something_smart and i don't think they actually thought it would so it just looks like they felt compelled to question something without even thinking about why it matters
How does it feel being so wrong AND late to the party at the same time? There was a very clear reason why I (spayhalf) posted that question. Your lack of vision does not make a lack of intent on my part!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh, the initial reach outs to me also felt pretty forced, like i dunno what that was about, but again, i was chalking this up to *maybe* just being giddy about the player list
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Bell »

Correct I do know that
But why mislead me with a secret tunnel if neither of you are gunna tunnel.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 594, zMuffinMan wrote:oh, the initial reach outs to me also felt pretty forced, like i dunno what that was about, but again, i was chalking this up to *maybe* just being giddy about the player list
I wrote an entire damn RVS opened for you... I had a fucking flowchart and everything, but then nacho was a lazy bum and didn't get us results until much later. That's why I wanted to reach out.
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Because I haven’t set the avatar For our avatar reference

Two lovers, forbidden from one another
A war divides their people
And a mountain divides them apart
Built a path to be together
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 597, Secret Tunnel wrote:Because I haven’t set the avatar For our avatar reference

Two lovers, forbidden from one another
A war divides their people
And a mountain divides them apart
Built a path to be together
Aww. That’s awesome.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 355, morph the cat wrote:Notsci, I wasn't trying to set up a role pm gotcha. I feel gross that one may have happened.

I'm sorry. I'm not getting much in the way of town notes from this encounter.

I'm going to pull a Nacho and try to let you go about the day without dogging your every post. Maybe you'll change my mind.
I don't like what this is framing. I don't know how genuine morph's back-off is (ftr I don't think that is at all what happened here) but the next two lines are kinda icky.

In post 361, Remilia Scarlet wrote:
In post 289, The Bulge wrote:feigned apathy as a defense to one naked pressure vote isn't a good look
Don't like this post; don't know how you discern feigned apathy from disconcern; also am curious as to what you expect town to do here

-b
are you saying this reads to you as anything but theatre?
In post 283, Prism wrote:I can't in good faith say I have any thoughts so far. The votes on me are OK. I might as well throw some gas on the fire and see what happens.
In post 285, Prism wrote:Yep.
In post 287, Prism wrote:Same.

In post 373, April Ludgate wrote:May I introduce myself to those who may not have their eyes able to see in such a sky, my name is Emperor Flavor Leaf, some may call me the Boonienator, aka Boonskiies, also known as I just made that up on the spot.

I am baiting scum to come at me right now, and I have a high force people to react style and a proven track record of catching scum.

Town will also likely come at me, but that’s the analysis part
IS THIS A BOONSKIIES CLAIM????? :D

In post 435, midwaybear wrote:
In post 407, Remilia Scarlet wrote:
In post 279, midwaybear wrote:I think Bulge is town.
off what post(s)?

-b
Prism vote doesn't feel like scum and liked some of his stuff surrounding Plus. What means will also be helpful towards my read.
i'll get to that eventually but do feel free to remind me

In post 454, Prism wrote:So I've had thoughts since Page 13 but wanted to give more time to see if I could get some more votes on me for reaction. 6 more pages and more than half the playerlist, it looks like this won't happen unless I just want to AFK even now that I have things to say. Kind of disappointing but there's a limit to how self-indulgent I can be. My thinking was that if I'm not going to be useful any other way, I might as well just see what happens if I played openly dismissive. Of the playerlist, I've only played with FL and I barely noticed him either time, meaning I couldn't really open the way I like to. I was really disappointed Morph didn't tag onto the vote given their previous interest, then realized they apparently want to sync their vote, but then still didn't swing it even when the other came around so alas.

Both Bulge and Ffery misinterpreted those posts, by the way. I was never bored/apathetic of the game. I was extremely interested and eager to see what would result.
I don't think I misinterpreted anything I think I called you out pretty clearly?
In post 292, The Bulge wrote:
In post 290, Prism wrote:I wonder.
framing this boredom as a reaction test doesn't make it any less scummy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”