Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 309, PlusJOYED wrote:These hydras are driving me crazy and we're only on 13 pages
In post 312, PlusJOYED wrote:I can't interpret 2 heads on one slot like at all so I have no confidence in any reads I can come up with on the hydras
I'm gonna focus on iso's and reading non hydras and I'll let other townies sort the hydras
In post 345, Something_Smart wrote:I must admit, this game is not doing a good job of making hydras look easy to play with.
In post 425, Something_Smart wrote:Re: the hydra comment, it wasn't dislike per se, just that there was a decent amount of confusion with regards to who said what (and with IV, who was even part of the hydra/playing in the game), and it was hard for me to follow (and probably even harder for +J to follow).

who wants to tell me the main difference between these two sets of posts
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh right, you called noddy scum after specifically

and then later tried to justify it with "something is missing" and not being paranoid about you rofl

i initially thought it had something to do with my name being in that list, but you later said it wasn't
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by The Bulge »

hint: it's not in you have to click the quotes
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Seriously, Nacho launching the game super late derailed my entire awesome plan.

1: Propose to muffin that we all massclaim
2: Muffin goes first
3: We decide it's a bad idea after muffin claims
4: We policy muffin for anti-town claiming
5: ???
6: Town wins (Unless we're mafia then mafia wins)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 588, zMuffinMan wrote:let's put it this way, i don't believe any answer that was given to that question was going to really tell them anything about something_smart and i don't think they actually thought it would so it just looks like they felt compelled to question something without even thinking about why it matters
I... don't follow this in the slightest. I would assume that they asked that question because my answer was vague and they wanted to know what I meant. Without knowing what the answer is, how can they know if it will tell them anything about me?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

@bulge what do you think it is if it’s not a back off
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 604, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 588, zMuffinMan wrote:let's put it this way, i don't believe any answer that was given to that question was going to really tell them anything about something_smart and i don't think they actually thought it would so it just looks like they felt compelled to question something without even thinking about why it matters
I... don't follow this in the slightest. I would assume that they asked that question because my answer was vague and they wanted to know what I meant. Without knowing what the answer is, how can they know if it will tell them anything about me?
your problem is you're assuming morph!town in a scenario where muffin is clearly angling morph!scum
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 589, morph the cat wrote:
In post 584, Bell wrote:he’s good at being scum
He is good at playing both alignments. That's not really the question you need to ask yourself, assume he is.
So he’s good as either alignment and he’s scum reading you because....?
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

VOTE: Bell

I don't like the flip on Midwaybear for not playing ball
I don't like the engagement on muffin wrt morph/muffin comvo. I feel like if muffin weren't attacking morph that vote wouldn't be there

-b
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Bell »

The forced angle is forced.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 605, Secret Tunnel wrote:@bulge what do you think it is if it’s not a back off
i'm not questioning what it is, just how genuine it is.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 608, Remilia Scarlet wrote:VOTE: Bell

I don't like the engagement on muffin wrt morph/muffin comvo. I feel like if muffin weren't attacking morph that vote wouldn't be there

-b
Okay. You don’t like it.
Walk me through why you don’t like it.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:17 pm

If Bell is scum that probably makes morph/muffin town-town

i think

-b
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 604, Something_Smart wrote:I... don't follow this in the slightest. I would assume that they asked that question because my answer was vague and they wanted to know what I meant. Without knowing what the answer is, how can they know if it will tell them anything about me?
because taking a step back, anyone could have figured out what you meant without needing to question you

there was nothing vague about it

(and even if they didn't know what you meant, any answer you gave wasn't going to tell them anything about your alignment)

but let's run with this and assume they thought it would: do you think they learned anything about you from your answer? or do you think they expected a different answer that would tell them something about you?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Bell »

If i’m Scum or town morph is still town because I would be town reading him/her either way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:18 pm

In post 606, The Bulge wrote:your problem is you're assuming morph!town in a scenario where muffin is clearly angling morph!scum
It doesn't even assume morph-town, it just assumes that there is a town motivation that morph is playing to-- either actually being town, or just trying to build a narrative that looks town. Muffin is arguing that their scum method for appearing town is "ask random questions without thinking about whether those questions actually relate to anything" but my argument is that even if they are scum, they were probably playing to a deeper reason than that, and thus his argument isn't compelling.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 615, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 606, The Bulge wrote:your problem is you're assuming morph!town in a scenario where muffin is clearly angling morph!scum
It doesn't even assume morph-town, it just assumes that there is a town motivation that morph is playing to-- either actually being town, or just trying to build a narrative that looks town. Muffin is arguing that their scum method for appearing town is "ask random questions without thinking about whether those questions actually relate to anything" but my argument is that even if they are scum, they were probably playing to a deeper reason than that, and thus his argument isn't compelling.
gotcha
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:22 pm

In post 611, Bell wrote:
In post 608, Remilia Scarlet wrote:VOTE: Bell

-b
Okay. You don’t like it.
Walk me through why you don’t like it.
Why does muffin need to be scum to come in attack morph?
And your progression on midway flipped from someone in town bucket to a scum read in a way that doesn't seem genuine to me. why is midway refusing to answer your Q even remotely alignment indicative (and moreover, to the point that you needed to whiplash the hell out of that read)

p-edit: that doesn't make any sense.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Jesus. I go off to work on comprehensible reads list and look at this shit.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:23 pm

In post 614, Bell wrote:If i’m Scum or town morph is still town because I would be town reading him/her either way.
Like this discounts so many obvious other possibilities that i don't even know what you're trying to say

-b
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:23 pm

In post 618, morph the cat wrote:Jesus. I go off to work on comprehensible reads list and look at this shit.
what shit

-b
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

see, i read posts like 618 and the first word that comes to my mind: forced!

also, i apparently thought fferycabd's line of questioning re:plusjoyed also felt forced

i think i've used the word forced a lot more than i'd care to admit
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Bell »

@pedit: if at me.
If I know he’s town I would be town reading him to get out of their way and nk them.
If I think he’s town I would town reading them because they’re probably town.

1. He doesn’t I think? I just think the forced angle is forced.
2. Reasons~
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:26 pm

In post 613, zMuffinMan wrote:but let's run with this and assume they thought it would: do you think they learned anything about you from your answer? or do you think they expected a different answer that would tell them something about you?
I would imagine that it gave them a better idea of how I view the game. Because I can understand them being confused about why I thought I saw something but didn't say it, if that's not in line with how they would play.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i didn't like or ftr

forced

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”