Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 664, Bell wrote:@b, what you are waiting for?
I guess this is what you were waiting for?

@ff. Oh. Carry on then.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 665, Bell wrote:No, not my posts about you. My posts about morph in relation to your posts about morph.
i don't know what you're specifically referring to but i also probably don't care about it

not trying to offend you or anything, i just don't really put much stock in anything i've seen you write so far about them

though you're free to town case them if you want, just don't expect me to address it

if they happen to be town, i'll (probably) figure it out eventually

maybe
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by morph the cat »

This recent stuff is spayhalf. I've got a one year old that is about to wake up and is quite irate at the lack of food presently in her belly.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 672, Secret Tunnel wrote:That’s my meta shift bell

You saw how I was re bulge?

There’s 4/5 slots this game that I feel similarly on. It’s easier when I’m less familiar with people
Yeah, but why would you try to jerk me toward that recollection if that recollection is no longer accurate/wasn’t accurate last game?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 676, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 665, Bell wrote:No, not my posts about you. My posts about morph in relation to your posts about morph.
i don't know what you're specifically referring to but i also probably don't care about it

not trying to offend you or anything, i just don't really put much stock in anything i've seen you write so far about them

though you're free to town case them if you want, just don't expect me to address it

if they happen to be town, i'll (probably) figure it out eventually

maybe
Huh. Well, I was just trying to engage you and see how immersed you were in your hunting/subject.
No offense taken.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 674, Remilia Scarlet wrote:I kind of assumed that was at least partially directed to me, hence the question.

I assume you think I am off base?

-b

p-edit: are both your heads posting atm because i am getting some mixed signals
Cabd had to drop out a few minutes ago to go tend a game he's modding.

I really need to do the same, but I want some clear air here first.

As to off base, it's more just wanting to argue this out with zmuffin without players taking sides midway through.

Though I'm starting to accept that I'm not breaking through the brick wall, and I kinda want to go back 4-5 pages and see what the hell happened to kick off reactions to bell and midwaybear.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

@bell out of curiosity, did you see my readlist you asked me to make? what grade did i get on my homework?
Also Mari seems a little sus by refusing to read the 20 pages. That's something I would do as scum and didn't care as much about solving
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

In post 680, morph the cat wrote:As to off base, it's more just wanting to argue this out with zmuffin without players taking sides midway through.
I get that and am largely staying out of it for the moment

-b
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 657, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 648, The Bulge wrote:the second part was a general statement supporting the first part. the line as a whole means I think it is somewhat scummy to lament about hydrae in-thread instead of just playing the game and sorting them, but perhaps not so scummy coming from someone who has never played with a hydra before.
You think it's scummy because it's distracting? Or, why did it matter that it was distracting?
I'll preface by saying that this could very well be a posting-style thing. i'm also having a hard time putting this to words so apologies if this is not well-explained
In post 345, Something_Smart wrote:
I must admit
, this game is not
doing a good job of
making hydras look
easy to play with
italicized are the bits, lets call them euphemisms for demonstrative purposes, that I read as fluff dressing this post up as something other than a simple "hydra bad" post, like +j's .
In post 425, Something_Smart wrote:Re: the hydra comment, it wasn't dislike per se, just that there was a decent amount of confusion with regards to who said what (and with IV, who was even part of the hydra/playing in the game), and it was hard for me to follow (and probably even harder for +J to follow).
and some downplaying of the previous post. maybe a +j buddying attempt?
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

In post 678, Bell wrote:

There’s 4/5 slots this game that I feel similarly on. It’s easier when I’m less familiar with people
Yeah, but why would you try to jerk me toward that recollection if that recollection is no longer accurate/wasn’t accurate last game?
My point was think how I was with bulge. Now there’s five of them.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 681, PlusJOYED wrote:@bell out of curiosity, did you see my readlist you asked me to make? what grade did i get on my homework?
Also Mari seems a little sus by refusing to read the 20 pages. That's something I would do as scum and didn't care as much about solving
Yes. I forgot to thank you. Maybe, reaching a bit too much. We’ll know how accurate your initial reads We’re as the game goes on. But you get an A for doing precisely what I asked you to. But that seems kinda normal for you. Bear with me while I try to figure you out.

I made a post about you and how i’m trying to approach you earlier.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 600, The Bulge wrote:
In post 309, PlusJOYED wrote:These hydras are driving me crazy and we're only on 13 pages
In post 312, PlusJOYED wrote:I can't interpret 2 heads on one slot like at all so I have no confidence in any reads I can come up with on the hydras
I'm gonna focus on iso's and reading non hydras and I'll let other townies sort the hydras
In post 345, Something_Smart wrote:I must admit, this game is not doing a good job of making hydras look easy to play with.
In post 425, Something_Smart wrote:Re: the hydra comment, it wasn't dislike per se, just that there was a decent amount of confusion with regards to who said what (and with IV, who was even part of the hydra/playing in the game), and it was hard for me to follow (and probably even harder for +J to follow).

who wants to tell me the main difference between these two sets of posts
also
this is a literal nothingburger and a distraction attempt/lamist garbage, my SR on you just deepened
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 682, Remilia Scarlet wrote:
In post 680, morph the cat wrote:As to off base, it's more just wanting to argue this out with zmuffin without players taking sides midway through.
I get that and am largely staying out of it for the moment

-b
I will back off and let you two hash it out.
In regards to muffin and FF.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 686, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 309, PlusJOYED wrote:These hydras are driving me crazy and we're only on 13 pages
In post 312, PlusJOYED wrote:I can't interpret 2 heads on one slot like at all so I have no confidence in any reads I can come up with on the hydras
I'm gonna focus on iso's and reading non hydras and I'll let other townies sort the hydras
In post 345, Something_Smart wrote:I must admit, this game is not doing a good job of making hydras look easy to play with.

also
this is a literal nothingburger and a distraction attempt/lamist garbage, my SR on you just deepened
context. the post before this was originally separated into 5 or 6 different tabs. i decided to not make 5 or 6 different posts in catchup. this didn't feel like it fit lumped in with my other points so i kept it separate.

lamist how?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 684, Secret Tunnel wrote:
In post 678, Bell wrote:

My point was think how I was with bulge. Now there’s five of them.
I kinda expected you to have things to say about .
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 683, The Bulge wrote:italicized are the bits, lets call them euphemisms for demonstrative purposes, that I read as fluff dressing this post up as something other than a simple "hydra bad" post, like +j's 309.
I see. It was a little more nuanced than "hydra bad"-- "look" was the key word there, because I was referring to the confusion that the hydras had caused thus far (as I referenced later). In my opinion, it's a legitimate grievance, and it's still causing confusion. So what makes it scummy?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Bell »

As for mari, i don’t know joy.
I’m not sure of her specific reasons for town reading April and I, while avoiding giving morph a town read.
She came in and poked me for something she suspected was scummy but walked out with the opposite impression.
When Maria comes back i’d Like her to explain what she thought and why.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 688, The Bulge wrote:
In post 686, PlusJOYED wrote:

also
context. the post before this was originally separated into 5 or 6 different tabs. i decided to not make 5 or 6 different posts in catchup. this didn't feel like it fit lumped in with my other points so i kept it separate.

lamist how?
appearing to scumhunt, but going after fluff posts isn't really solving at all, all it does is make it look like your trying to solve
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 690, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 683, The Bulge wrote:italicized are the bits, lets call them euphemisms for demonstrative purposes, that I read as fluff dressing this post up as something other than a simple "hydra bad" post, like +j's 309.
I see. It was a little more nuanced than "hydra bad"-- "look" was the key word there, because I was referring to the confusion that the hydras had caused thus far (as I referenced later). In my opinion, it's a legitimate grievance, and it's still causing confusion. So what makes it scummy?
I don't know how much of my opinion here hinges on the buddying theory tbh. it's a backburner read for now but
in general
, complaints like that are an easy way for scum to appear to be producing game-related content, when in reality they are actively stalling useful discussion.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 692, PlusJOYED wrote:appearing to scumhunt, but going after fluff posts isn't really solving at all, all it does is make it look like your trying to solve
i don't solve day 1. i solve by reading over and over and over and making sure in advance that those re-reads have real content and reactions for me to look into.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by The Bulge »

ie, by following up on scumpings, questioning slots indiscriminately, asking off-kilter direct questions, participating in discussion, etc etc, all very rudimentary day 1 townplay.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Bell »

I’m assuming this is your actual opinion since NS is here and statistically you’re prolly not both scum.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 696, Bell wrote:I’m assuming this is your actual opinion since NS is here and statistically you’re prolly not both scum.
are you a gambler bell
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Bell »

Plz don’t mess with me in regards to unlikely scenarios.
They haunt my dreams.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 693, The Bulge wrote:I don't know how much of my opinion here hinges on the buddying theory tbh. it's a backburner read for now but in general, complaints like that are an easy way for scum to appear to be producing game-related content, when in reality they are actively stalling useful discussion.
All right, I understand where you're at now. You see it as filler that's posted in lieu of content.

I don't usually agree with this type of read, because literally making game-related posts is not that hard as scum, and because it's not as though I chose to complain about hydras rather than saying something game-related; I chose to complain about hydras rather than posting nothing at that particular moment. But we don't have to keep going down this rabbit hole if you don't want to.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”