Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Bell »

That’s neither helpful nor accurate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 749, midwaybear wrote:Bell's post came from scum, so I'm not going to indulge it. If you want my reads right now, I still have Bulge as town with Prism. Scum is bell and plus atm.
Sorry, I guess what I was talking about wasn't very clear.

I want to hear why Bell's exercise was artificial and why it was pointless, because it doesn't feel like either to me.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Bell »

Bell and plus?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Bell »

@april: :igmeou:
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 737, Secret Tunnel wrote:
In post 656, morph the cat wrote:That's because the context of 154 is from earlier posts.

Notsci rvs-voted me.

I joked back at him a la Mini 1699 viewtopic.php?f=53&t=62686

He changed his vote, with no actual acknowledgement of my bussing comment.

And then he put out a readslist where he says absolutely nothing about me.

That game's a decent roadmap of what our town-town interactions have evolved into. None of that showed up here. No response to my rvs reaction, no asking for reactions to his reads. none of the banter we usually put into sizing each other up, despite my immediate reach-out.

I'm putting a lot of effort into replying to you right now because I would hate to get a bad read of you much more than I'd hate it if this is town you getting a bad read on me.
I am halfway through a glass of wine but I am here now

I think its a little unfair to be expecting that level of interaction when we havent played in so long. As I said before (and even in the queue) I was excited to play with everyone!

Mala actually called me out before I started doing my tunneling in 2148 and I broke it and sat back and actually got a townread on her while sitting back and not engaging super hard. I suppose you can ask bulge if our engagements in game have felt different since before too?

(unrelated- I also looked in that game for unrelated reasons and my favorite us interaction was at the start of D2/3 where we were agreeing that if nacho and pie were scum they would be strongarming their way through the game. And they proceeded to do that.)
That was one of the games I read leading up to deciding to play again. I basically froze in elo of that game and losing in that way was why I decided to take my first hiatus. I needed to get away from games for a while and see if I could come back and play with some degree of conviction again.

My favorite moment in a game we shared involved a bear. I reread it last month, too.

So, yeah, I have some pretty reinforced expectations of how we'd interact in our first game back. This wasn't it.

I don't get why you didn't react at all to my bussing post.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 751, Something_Smart wrote:I want to hear why Bell's exercise was artificial and why it was pointless, because it doesn't feel like either to me.
Ok, so I am going to acknowledge that, in a vacuum, such a thing is probably helpful. However, context matters. Iirc, the thread was decently active and conversations were flowing. Then, Bell announces that he wants the game to slow down and have everyone out some reads. This would have caused an unnatural rift in the prior flow of the game, and probably started new conversations that might have overshadowed old ones. One theory I have is that Bell was covering for a scumbuddy in trouble maybe Plus. I feel like people saw this and that's why nobody really did what he asked. The whole post is just yucky towncred grab.
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

The only time I was an actual and not an unofficial IC :P

Let me go look but I feel like I did have a joke response to you! It wasnt the same as our interaction there which seemed very similar and I frankly forgot that interaction until I reread it but anyways
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:23 pm

In post 755, midwaybear wrote:The whole post is just yucky towncred grab.
I'm struggling to imagine Bell thinking that telling everyone to stop what they're doing and explain their reads to him like he's 5 is going to get him towncred.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

is there a reason you're being secretive about what your current reads are (in full), fferycabd?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

In post 60, Secret Tunnel wrote:It’s their trajectory right

I think their trajectory is all over the place

Trajectory
In post 63, Secret Tunnel wrote:Hi ffery!
In post 48, Secret Tunnel wrote:Oh did I vote you guys? It’s dark in the tunnel sorry

VOTE: bulge

Pedit
Yeah that fakedog guy socks
Meh I guess its not as bantery as our old ones were but I dont think its as totally absent as you were saying it is? I dunno

I think it'll develop more into what we remember as the game goes on.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 758, zMuffinMan wrote:is there a reason you're being secretive about what your current reads are (in full), fferycabd?
There is.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 757, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 755, midwaybear wrote:The whole post is just yucky towncred grab.
I'm struggling to imagine Bell thinking that telling everyone to stop what they're doing and explain their reads to him like he's 5 is going to get him towncred.
I mean it wasn't an explain like I'm 5, and I disagree with you about the towncred. I can totally see it.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Bell »

1. My reason was as stated.
2. Occam’s razor needed.
3.How is it a yucky town cred grab?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Also @midway, I don't really agree that people complying would have radically changed the flow of the game to the point where people's reads or focus would be altered. It's not as if he told people to go on a big tangent that would require them to forget whatever they were talking about; people were already discussing their reads, so if anything, them having to condense them down to top town/town pings/top scum would reinforce their strongest reads. Suggesting that Bell did it as a distraction tactic from +J is pretty damn tinfoily; I doubt that Bell would expect that to actually work.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:27 pm

In post 761, midwaybear wrote:I disagree with you about the towncred. I can totally see it.
Have you ever done something similar as scum for towncred?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by morph the cat »

This thread needs a focal reset.

I'm not sure that there's much to be done about it, though. We're still missing Alisae in a pretty major way, and that's kind of bringing me down :~(
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Idk I still think it was pretty unnatural... Somewhat similar to tone shift stuff, but I might have to revisit it.
In post 764, Something_Smart wrote:Have you ever done something similar as scum for towncred?
No, but I don't do stuff like that as town either. I feel like others perhaps might have done similar things as scum.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Bell »

S_S, I appreciate the assist.
But why are you assisting? It appears to be your niche.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 705, Bell wrote:@april, how much are you using your notes pt?
How is this known?
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:36 pm

If you feel like I'm assisting you, that's incidental; I disagreed with something he said, and I wanted to understand where he was coming from.
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Wait do we all have them?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 768, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 705, Bell wrote:@april, how much are you using your notes pt?
How is this known?
? That there’s a notes pt?
That you’re in the lobby and forgot to press the invis lurk button or?
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 694, The Bulge wrote:
In post 692, PlusJOYED wrote:appearing to scumhunt, but going after fluff posts isn't really solving at all, all it does is make it look like your trying to solve
i don't solve day 1. i solve by reading over and over and over and making sure in advance that those re-reads have real content and reactions for me to look into.
ughhh
my brain says that could just be a playstyle difference between us and you prefer to not discuss what'a been talked about but my gut says that's scum play.
i still scumlean you though.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 770, Secret Tunnel wrote:Wait do we all have them?
Bruh yes.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Yes?

Tammy made one for every slot, it's a thing that has been discussed recently on discord with a bunch of us old timers as a way to replace PMs for convenience AND amusement.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”