Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

wait this game startyed and I missed 33 pages and I didn't get a day start pm?
Was the Role PM supposed to be the day start pm?
I'm confused.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

Well time to read up I suppose
or at least try to
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 8, Prism wrote:VOTE: Alisae

Release the Flying Scumsman PTs you coward
uh oooooooh
In post 60, Secret Tunnel wrote:It’s their trajectory right

I think their trajectory is all over the place

Trajectory
ok who the fuck is in this hydra im so confused while trying to read these first few pages and its pretty sure its because I'm high.
In post 172, Secret Tunnel wrote:
S
U
P
C
L
O
D
P
O
L
E
S
I
'
M
T
H
E
J
E
S
T
E
R
A
N
D
I
'
M
H
E
R
E
T
O
T
R
O
L
L
T
H
E
F
E
C
A
L
M
A
T
T
E
R
O
U
T
O
F
T
H
I
S
G
A
M
E
!

VOTE: Secret Tunnel
ah yes love the memes is it bad I didn't care about anything within the first 200 posts? It's probably because I'm skimming
oh well I have a lot more to go maybe I'll find something I'll care about then
GTKAS
| here.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i doubt it
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 243, The Bulge wrote:first

--
In post 252, Secret Tunnel wrote:Bell will probably sort himself over time with his playstyle

-innocentvillager
In post 261, Secret Tunnel wrote:Why did you think anyone would think they might be related? Feels overexplainy.

-innocentvillager
This basic questioning peaked my interest and I'm not actually sure as to why but I feel like after reading 200 more posts this is probably villager content
/shrug

--
In post 283, Prism wrote:I can't in good faith say I have any thoughts so far. The votes on me are OK. I might as well throw some gas on the fire and see what happens.
In post 300, Prism wrote:Were you ever going to sort me without content?
Your posts within these 200 posts are really off and you feel super weird.

--
In post 309, PlusJOYED wrote:These hydras are driving me crazy and we're only on 13 pages
In post 345, Something_Smart wrote:I must admit, this game is not doing a good job of making hydras look easy to play with.
Yeah I'm actually having a really hard time following whats going on and no one is making it easy but I'm trying

--
In post 361, Remilia Scarlet wrote:
In post 289, The Bulge wrote:feigned apathy as a defense to one naked pressure vote isn't a good look
Don't like this post; don't know how you discern feigned apathy from disconcern; also am curious as to what you expect town to do here

-b
At first I was like "Wait this is a GiF post waaaaah" this is weird but then its a bork post and honestly this still feels off but thats probably just because I just don't know Bork.
GTKAS
| here.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i believe you mean piqued your interest

not sure if you're scum for making that grammar error or not, but igmeou

FoS: Alisae
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:38 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 410, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 402, Bell wrote:
In post 396, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 394, Bell wrote:I don’t really know what to say to that.
If you’re good enough you probably can steam roll the scum team day 1, day 2 and I guess day 3.
Nah, one of those will probably be a town read.

And you guys aren’t gonna wanna listen to me, so I have to figure that side of things out.

People like to push surface level reads because that’s what’s in front of them; I like to read gamestate and why said players are being pushed.

So who is your top scum read?
Yes, it turns out that town don’t know who the scum are and they often make mistakes. Does that mean town fan’t Destroy the scum team? It just means it’s unlikely. Also, I feel a little weird where you’re talking like half the people here can’t read nuance or subtlety.

If you say the right words in the right way I will listen to you. Same as anyone else.

Rn? Probably +J, tunnel. But they’re basically null reads rn.
My philosophy is if you are dead wrong 3 days in a row, but day 4 come in with the exact right solve, that’s an MVP play right there.

I agree, wrong reads isn’t a bad thing because there’s a reason you have wrong reads, usually because scum have manipulated game state and made different actions.

I wrote a ScumPlay guide in the Mafia Discussion section if you want to see my thoughts on basic scum play.
oh great thanks for reminding me to check MD

--
In post 437, PlusJOYED wrote:Hold up april is getting townier page 17 nevermind
Also I think morph is town too
I still think either bulge or notscience is scum but not both, if that makes any sense
I think this guy is town.
I'm pretty sure I'm stating the obvious
but I think this person is town

--
In post 456, Bell wrote:Sorry, i’m always excited to get to know people better.
Don’t mind me.

Where’s alisae?
I legit didn't even know the game started tbh.
In post 461, morph the cat wrote:
In post 456, Bell wrote:Where’s alisae?
Cut them some slack. It's incredibly hard to plan your entrance into the main thread when several slots you fear drew town and you didn't.

Especially when there's other posts onsite to make that are less fraught with danger at every turn.
Oh ya definitely
I'm fucking TERRIFIED right now ya feel?
And I don't really know what to do so I'm just going to pressure Prism and hope people buy it.
I really hope it works :D

--
In post 485, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 472, morph the cat wrote:
In post 466, Prism wrote:
In post 461, morph the cat wrote:
In post 456, Bell wrote:Where’s alisae?
Cut them some slack. It's incredibly hard to plan your entrance into the main thread when several slots you fear drew town and you didn't.

Especially when there's other posts onsite to make that are less fraught with danger at every turn.
The real reason they're afraid is because I'm holding them hostage to release those Scumsman PTs, I'm not giving up on this

P-Edit: Me
Also, Alisae's most recent site check in is concurrent with page 16 of this game....
To be fair, that’s 16 pages of games e’d have to catch up on, and e does a lot of non game related things on site. I’m willing to wait for them before really pushing them.
HE DOESN'T KNOW PEPELAUGH
don't let him know that I'm actually just been playing the old YGO DS games when I didn't want to play mafia :shifty:

--
In post 507, MariaR wrote:If you think I'm about to read 21 pages you made in 1 day you are so very wrong.
I dunno why I'm even bother tbh

--
In post 520, Prism wrote:I'm still really curious about these morph townreads.
HONESTLY
I haven't read a single one of their posts BUT
I am interested to hear what you have to say about this slot because I am interested in you :) <3
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 608, Remilia Scarlet wrote:VOTE: Bell

I don't like the flip on Midwaybear for not playing ball
I don't like the engagement on muffin wrt morph/muffin comvo. I feel like if muffin weren't attacking morph that vote wouldn't be there

-b
You know on just seeing this post and after having read another 200 posts, I didn't like this post at first and this post kind of just felt like bork is looking for things to just vote people on rather then what's just scummy but this is probably playstyle and I don't know bork.
I also really don't have the slightest clue as to what is happening but I mean /shrug

--
In post 647, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 642, Remilia Scarlet wrote:wanted to come back to this quick - I want to qualify this with that if this is Morph/Secret team then that's out the window. But I definitely see town morph (ffery) in particular wanting to give someone room to play normally and make their alignment apparent more than i do scum backing off a very ME-able secret tunnels
i disagree that noddy is all that easily wagoned as town? especially in a game where a lot of people know how he plays? that's why i think them backing off and giving the excuse of a 'nacho' approach is pretty much their only option if they're scum. i mused about this a bit, but i don't think they have the confidence to pull off a noddy wagon unless certain other people are strongly scum-reading him
The more I see Muffin's posts the more I just don't like the read. Something about it feels off.

--
In post 721, midwaybear wrote:Why are people townreading Bell
Why aren't you?

--
In post 726, Bell wrote:
In post 721, midwaybear wrote:Why are people townreading Bell
This is a good question.
oh nvm fuck this slot is probably scum dude :/

--
In post 749, midwaybear wrote:
In post 748, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 744, midwaybear wrote:That's not really what I was thinking, but now you have one read.
What were you thinking, then?
Bell's post came from scum, so I'm not going to indulge it. If you want my reads right now, I still have Bulge as town with Prism. Scum is bell and plus atm.
Sell me on Bell and sell me on Prism and sell me on Plus because right now I see your Plus read and I think you're a psychopath so I wanna know if you're just a psychopath or if ur just scum.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 800, morph the cat wrote:
Somebody set up us the town

Bell - the easy, almost free-association posting at the start of the game felt really town to both of us. Followed by an insane number of "thinking what we're thinking when we're thinking it" moments. Like more than I've ever run into with an unknown player before. When he gets down into the reasoning behind those moments, we find that reasoning solid and consistent.

midwaybear - this is primarily a meta dive read and we're not interested in giving him a roadmap of the differences in his town and scum play. Subtracting that stuff out, the things that stand out are the in-the-moment nitpickiness, grabbing at strings and yanking them to see where they go.

Are you a bad enough dude to town read the president?

The Bulge- This read is almost strong enough to go into the next tier up, but we need to see more from him. It's similar to our Bell read, but not as frequent posting has meant a lot fewer "thinking what we're thinking" moments, but the few we've seen were salient, and near instantaneous with our own reactions. Ffery is aware that this kind of read doesn't always pan out, but she still likes them when they happen

PlusJoy - This read took a lot of questioning to understand his approach to mafia. Given that approach his play is pretty consistent and understandable.

Your townread might be in another castle

something_smart - He's moved up considerably for ffery from when we were poking at him earlier in the game. she really likes that he asked for a point of discussion, and that since that interaction he's been more stuck in the game, if that makes sense

Prism - Ffery did some hard-buddying, and she likes the echoes of cautious wtf that she got back. Need a better understanding of how they're processing the game.

I wish to high hell that we could townread these players but we can't yet

Giffybork- GiF was hitting the tonal stuff beautifully while he was here this morning, but there was no hard analytical edge or squinty eyes in ffery's direction and that worries her a little. Yeah we were all still having fun, but there was stuff to react to and it didn't happen. Bork in a lot of ways is oozing town. ffery is grumpy about lines of questioning getting tromped (not just at bork) and knows she shouldn't be taking it personally but she is. On pure objective grounds Remilia should be higher. ffery has liked bork's recent questions, especially his trying to nail us down on a zmuffin read. that's classic townbork and the beauty of it is that he doesn't really show his hand in terms of using that info to form a read of us. ffery's always surprised to find out she was being weighed in the balance. It's less surprising when she's doing some weighing herself.

Muffin - We're not going to try to read here yet. Cooldown needs to happen because ffery is all over the place about zmuffin's push.

Tunneling the Tunnel

Secret Tunnels - not townreading here. it's probably not fair to expect our games to pick up right where they left off, but that's where ffery is at. If you guys are town it's going to take a different way of processing your play for me to see it.

Leftovers for dinner

The rest of you lot. Special shout out to Alisae for avoiding game thread or something. Maria's fate will be tied to mine yet again this game, so sorting her is a whenever sort of thing.
I don't get the Giffybork read. You're talking about it like its a townread you trust a lot in, and if thats the case, why is it so low? I feel like I'm just missing something thats obvious.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

ya ok thats my catch up it sucks and I need to actually play teh game and get talking to people live to maybe know whats going on though I got a few things out of this.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by Alisae »

I like tunnels and joyed
bell im having conflicting feelings on, midway I need to talk to
i haven't read a morph the cat post but the readlist honestly seems fine and I like it
haven't read a bulge post
I can't tell if I'm bad at reading SS or if SS is just unreadable right now but I think SS usually because a lot more readable later into the game
oh ya April is in this game ya I don't know how to read that right now
Prism is weird i have no idea whats going on with that slot like at all
I probably just don't like bork's playstyle or hes just scummy and I don't like muffins' morph push it doesn't feel like a push coming from a villager that wants to be right but rather scum who is just trying to maybe turn morph into a lynchable slot
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by Alisae »

ya know what before I go I'll read bulge's ISO its not like I do anything productive aside from rotting
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

ok i read this iso and i got nothing i'll come back later or when I get interaction with them in live time if that happens who fucking knows.

btw morph another thing popped up
you townread midway and bell individually. Why do you think them trying to flip each other is a TvT here or does that not matter because they're just both individually townie to you?
GTKAS
| here.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by Bell »

It’s 1 am and my eyebrows have risen significantly.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Bell »

Would you be terribly offended if I started off by saying that for whatever reason your posts sound exactly like mine do when I replace into a scum slot but better worded and organized.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

Playing from 30 pages behind is hard :/
sorry :(
GTKAS
| here.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by Bell »

*back pat* we’ll get you sorted. Even if it’s at the end of the game and you just hammered town in elo.
Have a good night.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

wait r u going
GTKAS
| here.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by Bell »

Yus
I have sheep to catch.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

oh ok baibai

also fl fuck you I'm not reading your 4.7k word essay on how you play
imagine thinking I can process that information
smh
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

welp
im going to go find a twitch stream or a video game to play
baibai ig
GTKAS
| here.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 800, morph the cat wrote:We're not going to try to read here yet. Cooldown needs to happen because ffery is all over the place about zmuffin's push.
how boring. i wanna see the all over the place stuff
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 745, morph the cat wrote:the ridicule and shutting me down is new
what ridicule and what shutting you down?

you mean your noddy read?

because i still think that's pretty bad
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:49 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

tbh im out of the loop with scum noddy but even apart from the fact i think i can read him based on demeanour and based on his approach to scum hunting (or rather, town hunting), he just seems pretty town so far

so i see you going "oh woe is me, he didn't mention being paranoid" and i just think "so what? is that it? was that the entire reason you had a full-on scum read on him after 6 pages?"
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh, and that's another example of why i think it sounded f o r c e d

because i could see questioning him based on that and thinking it felt off... i know you've done that with me in the past when you thought something was odd about my play. neuroscience comes to mind there. or i dunno, this game

but scum-reading noddy because he didn't include some line about being paranoid when he was giving
town reads
? ? ?

i could see you making a logical leap and thinking "i'd totally be wary of this as town" but i struggle to see why you'd leap to a scum read based on that and that alone

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”