Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Macavenger »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

forbiddanlight - (4) StrangerCoug, sthar8, forbiddanlight, Goatrevolt

StrangerCoug - (1) alvinz95

6 votes to lynch.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Hello all, I'm back! My trip ended early and I am taking back modding duties for this game as of now. Everyone be sure to thank Macavenger for his temp-modding :D
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:33 am

Post by veerus »

WB mod. We're currently waiting (at least I am) for two replacements and a post from alvinz who has been quiet lately.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:41 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

We're also planning to lynch me! Isn't that so exciting mod? I'm psyched to see my imminent death at the hands of the town.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

forbiddanlight wrote:We're also planning to lynch me! Isn't that so exciting mod? I'm psyched to see my imminent death at the hands of the town.
Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

StrangerCoug wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:We're also planning to lynch me! Isn't that so exciting mod? I'm psyched to see my imminent death at the hands of the town.
Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch.
There are a lot of firsts with me, Stranger :P.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:14 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

In fact, it is against the rules to quote that in my signature because it's from an ongoing? Cause I like that :P. (The never have I see from SC :P)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:15 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

EBWOP: Is it (not it is)
-StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:22 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

forbiddanlight wrote:In fact, it is against the rules to quote that in my signature because it's from an ongoing? Cause I like that :P. (The never have I see from SC :P)
I believe so, but once it's over, not only am I putting that in the quotes section on my Wiki, but I'm nominating you for a title based on it. I'll see to it that both of these happen.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

StrangerCoug wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:In fact, it is against the rules to quote that in my signature because it's from an ongoing? Cause I like that :P. (The never have I see from SC :P)
I believe so, but once it's over, not only am I putting that in the quotes section on my Wiki, but I'm nominating you for a title based on it. I'll see to it that both of these happen.
It's going in my sig anyway :P. Speaking of which, I should probably make my own wiki soon. I do have 2 completed games, one of which where I was a rather good random shooter.
-StrangerCoug

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Dean Harper »

I am aware of the replacements needed, and Macavenger is forwarding all pms that show interested in replacing to me. I will have replacements asap.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Speaking of which, BridgesAndBaloons replaces GhostWriter effective immediately.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's going in my sig anyway Razz.
EBWOP: After the game I meant, lol.
-StrangerCoug

BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:44 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

hey guys I'm here. It usually takes me about a week or so to read through a game this size. I've already skimmed really quickly through the lynches and stuff.

If there's any questions I need to answer about who I replaced or anything like that, let me know sooner so I can work on that when I'm doing my readthrough.

Hi Cerb! Nice to see you again. I promise I won't be a total vi
this
game.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:14 am

Post by veerus »

Welcome, you replaced someone who'd made about 5 posts the whole game. You need to re-read and post your thoughts on.. well, just about everything and everyone.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

mod:
I have a habit of marking people's "exaggerations" with the color blue, and I may slip up and use your color. If I do accidentally use blue, feel free to change it to red or edit out the color.
Sorry in advanced.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Thanks for the heads-up.

sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Sorry guys, I'm back. Between social engagements, work, and a malfunctioning laptop, it looks like I've missed about four pages in three days.

Bridges: Welcome! I look forward to hearing your opinions on the game so far. I think the main suspicion of your role was due to GW's lurking, so keep a good activity constant and you should be fine.

As for Forbiddan,

So far we've gotten:
forbiddanlight wrote:Oh, to be fair, and this will be OMGUSy as hell, and likely not paid heed...look at goat closely when you get a chance. He's feeling more like his scummy meta than his townie. The way the case feels, really. I mean, I can't really explain it...just...keep an eye on him, please.
forbiddanlight wrote:I don't know about you, you could just be pushing the lynch, but my gut says much as I would love to have you lynched, and see you flip scum, you aren't the play.
forbiddanlight wrote:
One, how do you know that skillit is scum? Two, this looks a lot like an appeal to authority to me.

Intuition. I know I'm right because I'm right.
Plus a vote on Cerb. So you find goat, skillit, cerb, me, and maybe alvinz scummy? I think that means we're in LYLO.
forbiddanlight wrote:Show me these "hypocritical suspcions" Cause I SURE as fuck don't see them. Stated disinterest in scumhunting though? Show me this. Buddying behavior my ass. Basically ANYONE who agrees with anyone could be said to be buddying by your implied definition.
I'm not going to go into the hypocrisy of your suspicions, since others have addressed the issue and I don't want to beat a dead horse. As for the disinterest in scumhunting,
forbiddanlight wrote:I'm still around. Having a little trouble getting into it. Can someone build a case on me to shoot down so I feel like I'm being loved?
was pretty clear to me. And your buddying is not the same as all the "I agree"s we've been seeing (although I always take a second look at those). In your case, it's more that you seem to agree with anyone who isn't suspicious of you, and be suspicious of anyone who doesn't agree with you. The best example, even though it hadn't happened when I made that remark, is your behavior with goat. He went from "probable town" to "likely scum" in three days, and the only thing that changed as far as I can see is his newfound suspicion of you.

As for your self-vote, I think it best that we keep you off L-1 unless your vote is already on the wagon until we're ready for you to die (read: our lurkers and replacements have checked in). You've already admitted your intent to self-hammer if allowed to, and I think that we should avoid giving you the chance.

Also, I chuckled when I went to look for a quote and found this:
forbiddanlight wrote:Well, I could be calling for my lynch. At least I'm not that fargone :p
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Plus a vote on Cerb. So you find goat, skillit, cerb, me, and maybe alvinz scummy? I think that means we're in LYLO.
Actually, I said you weren't scummy. I also said cerb wasn't really. That leaves goat and skillit. You may have a case, but don't be fucktarded and misrepresent me.

As for your self-vote, I think it best that we keep you off L-1 unless your vote is already on the wagon until we're ready for you to die (read: our lurkers and replacements have checked in). You've already admitted your intent to self-hammer if allowed to, and I think that we should avoid giving you the chance.
Hey, dude, are you thinking ok? Because if my vote is on me, and I'm at L-1, I don't think removing my vote and revoting myself would work. And I only said I MIGHT self hammer to piss everyone off. Please stick to facts.

I'm not going to go into the hypocrisy of your suspicions, since others have addressed the issue and I don't want to beat a dead horse. As for the disinterest in scumhunting,
Wow, that was like page 6 when NOTHING WAS FUCKING HAPPENING! That's not a proof
He went from "probable town" to "likely scum" in three days, and the only thing that changed as far as I can see is his newfound suspicion of you.
I revisited things. And actually, it was his case on me that made me feel different. But not because of the OMGUS, but because of the way he presented it. I still stand by skillit strongest though.

Very good use of quotes out of order...but such misrepresentation is scummy. It might not make you scum, because I think you are just trying to push for more momentum on this wagon, but as I said, stick to facts, not fantasies by switching the order of quotes in a decietful way.
-StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Actually, I said you weren't scummy. I also said cerb wasn't really. That leaves goat and skillit. You may have a case, but don't be fucktarded and misrepresent me.
I can't find anything by you that says you think sthar8 is town, and your constantly attacking him doesn't look like it either. Also, if you don't think cerebus3 is that scummy, then why did you vote him in the first place?
forbiddanlight wrote:

Hey, dude, are you thinking ok? Because if my vote is on me, and I'm at L-1, I don't think removing my vote and revoting myself would work. And I only said I MIGHT self hammer to piss everyone off. Please stick to facts.
It is not a pro-town move to self-hammer at all let alone out of spite for everyone else, so please don't do it.
forbiddanlight wrote:

Wow, that was like page 6 when NOTHING WAS FUCKING HAPPENING! That's not a proof
The profanity is unnecessary and does not add credibility to your case. You also can't hunt scum by voting yourself.
forbiddanlight wrote:
He went from "probable town" to "likely scum" in three days, and the only thing that changed as far as I can see is his newfound suspicion of you.
I revisited things. And actually, it was his case on me that made me feel different. But not because of the OMGUS, but because of the way he presented it. I still stand by skillit strongest though.
How does the way he presented the case on you make you believe he is scum?
forbiddanlight wrote:Very good use of quotes out of order...but such misrepresentation is scummy. It might not make you scum, because I think you are just trying to push for more momentum on this wagon, but as I said, stick to facts, not fantasies by switching the order of quotes in a decietful way.
I don't know why he does it, but I actually don't mind as long as I understand him. Maybe there's an order he does it that makes better sense to him than chronologically. Quoting out of order is not scummy per se, though I can see some ways how doing so can be manipulative (e.g. trying to make someone's D2 actions look like they caused their D1 actions, which makes no sense regardless of presentation order).

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I can't find anything by you that says you think sthar8 is town, and your constantly attacking him doesn't look like it either. Also, if you don't think cerebus3 is that scummy, then why did you vote him in the first place?
I did at first. His response made me change my mind.
I don't know about you, you could just be pushing the lynch, but my gut says much as I would love to have you lynched, and see you flip scum, you aren't the play.
That was to sthar

The profanity is unnecessary and does not add credibility to your case. You also can't hunt scum by voting yourself.
That's because I am done with this game basically. If something saves me, all well and good. I've put out all the info you should need though.

It is not a pro-town move to self-hammer at all let alone out of spite for everyone else, so please don't do it.
Which is why I'm voting myself now. My compulsion can't exceed the rules.

How does the way he presented the case on you make you believe he is scum?
I wish I knew. It's because of a meta and the feelings parallel.

I don't know why he does it, but I actually don't mind as long as I understand him. Maybe there's an order he does it that makes better sense to him than chronologically. Quoting out of order is not scummy per se, though I can see some ways how doing so can be manipulative (e.g. trying to make someone's D2 actions look like they caused their D1 actions, which makes no sense regardless of presentation order).
No offense, you are an idiot if you think non chronological ordering, at least in THIS case isn't scummy. He's strawmanning me left and right with that last post.
-StrangerCoug

Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Megatheory »

It's hard to be motivated to analyze forbiddanlight when she is likely to be lynched. I think she is probably scum, however she's been the focus of the day and there hasn't been much discussion of anyone but her. The speed of her wagon seemed awfully fast and a lot of the people on the Rage lynch are voting forbiddan now. Not sure what to think yet.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's hard to be motivated to analyze forbiddanlight when she is likely to be lynched. I think she is probably scum, however she's been the focus of the day and there hasn't been much discussion of anyone but her.
Tends to happen when I'm a lynch candidate. When I go out, it tends to consume the day. Unfortunately, I wish this would happen when I'm SCUM, not TOWN, since I'd really like to win anyway.
-StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

forbiddanlight wrote:That's because I am done with this game basically. If something saves me, all well and good. I've put out all the info you should need though.
We would all much rather you stick around until it's the end of you, but if you must get yourself out of the game, then ask the mod to replace you. Don't be a pain in the neck to everybody and threaten to put yourself out of your own misery.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

We would all much rather you stick around until it's the end of you, but if you must get yourself out of the game, then ask the mod to replace you. Don't be a pain in the neck to everybody and threaten to put yourself out of your own misery.
No, I'm sticking around. Replacing out would be cowardly. And it's clearly an empty threat. Hell, not even a threat. I took a measure to PREVENT that. Do you all not understand that? But, whatever. And plus, there's always a Deus Ex Machina possible. Don't see one coming, but there is the possiblity. I unfortunately missed my first chance to really make things interesting for the scum though.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”