Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:38 am

Post by The Bulge »

hypothetically speaking
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:39 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 897, Something_Smart wrote:If morph has an even number of posts they are town, if an odd number they are scum

Nailed it
We are Shrodinger's Morph, and this does to some extent capture the cloud of (im)probabilities.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Ok I should actually just go back to sleep without derailing the game more.
I'll be back when I feel better.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 am

Post by The Bulge »

hey kitty did you ever reconsolidate your bulge read after that longish post
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 am

Have this adorable rabbit pic though

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:41 am

Post by The Bulge »

:D
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:42 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 903, The Bulge wrote:hey kitty did you ever reconsolidate your bulge read after that longish post
Working on the reread in another tab. Probably won't get back to it while Remilia-GiF is posting.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:43 am

Post by morph the cat »

Welp. Reread.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:44 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

@bulge yes but very rarely, (I can only think of 1 example) only example I have I can't discuss cause site rules.
It'd have to be some ultra scummy like "I didn't protect the confirmed cop cause I didn't feel like it" or outright lying or a huge scumslip

To go from scum to TR I can only see them doing that with a really good claim
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Tammy »

Prism has requested replacement. Searching for a replacement.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:07 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 909, Tammy wrote:
Prism has requested replacement. Searching for a replacement.
:~(
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:08 am

Post by The Bulge »

UNVOTE:
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:12 am

In post 863, morph the cat wrote:Bork you want to talk about how terrible our read of you and GiF is?
I'm not sure what I expected but you've been clearly hinting in some of your interactions with others that we're in a group you're not townreading and I was waiting to see how that would manifest itself.

I expected you to make some sort of burden of proficiency argument about how I'm not obvtown enough or something (which might very well be true here but I don't particularly care right now)
I don't really think I've been shutting down any lines of questioning and made a huge effort to stay out of your interaction w/ muffin until Cabd said you were done.

It kinda seems like you want to call me town but you're not and the angle you've chosen to take on why squicks me a little

-b
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:19 am

In post 849, zMuffinMan wrote:but scum-reading noddy because he didn't include some line about being paranoid when he was giving town reads ? ? ?
I can see ffery doing this

but on one hand you're upset that they went after noddy for something so flimsy
and on the other you're upset that they backed off the pressure at a certain point

-b
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:24 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 912, Remilia Scarlet wrote:
In post 863, morph the cat wrote:Bork you want to talk about how terrible our read of you and GiF is?
I'm not sure what I expected but you've been clearly hinting in some of your interactions with others that we're in a group you're not townreading and I was waiting to see how that would manifest itself.

I expected you to make some sort of burden of proficiency argument about how I'm not obvtown enough or something (which might very well be true here but I don't particularly care right now)
I don't really think I've been shutting down any lines of questioning and made a huge effort to stay out of your interaction w/ muffin until Cabd said you were done.

It kinda seems like you want to call me town but you're not and the angle you've chosen to take on why squicks me a little

-b
I take it you don't want my take on it, but spayhalf's?
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:25 am

Don't care, just want clarity behind the read

-b
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:27 am

Post by morph the cat »

As she put it to me last night... "the remilia stuff may be too meh for prime time, I am warming" but I saw the pagetop and took it.

I think a big missing box of stuff is the gif half of your hydra. His content was pretty much ??? at that point in time, and we want to have reads on both heads before moving forward on trusting an overall read on you both, if that makes sense?
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:31 am

re Alisae's catchup:

Curious about a few things:
1) Why are you skipping morph's posts in particular? post count?
2) If it's post count, why are you reading bell to the point where you're just utterly shutting down any suspicion pointed that way? I assume you read that slot?

This catchup feels like someone who's been reading the game vs someone who's been catching up in the moment in that it seems to have already decided to handle specific slots in specific ways

-b
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:32 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 912, Remilia Scarlet wrote:

-b
That wasn't Cabd saying I was done.

I'm not happy with where my read on you two is at because I want you to be town. A game where you're town becomes much easier cognitively. I guess it is a BoP thing to some extent, though I've not been calling it BoP to myself (or Cabd). I feel really good about my ability to spot town-GiF. And I can get that read in two different ways. This isn't telling him anything he doesn't know so I'm ok putting it in the thread. One way I read him is in the very early game, based on how he reads and interacts with me. If that read is impossible to get, then the other way is by seeing how he processes the game. I've gotten townreads of him from a naked ranked list of players in a few games when I missed the first opportunity. (see the abomination known as Tales of You). I feel super confident that I'll see town if he's town. Scum GiF plays in a different box, though it can be a town-looking box. I usually know when he's playing there (Tales of the Abyss was one of those games where I didn't townread his slot. Imperishable Night was one where I was unsure and didn't push nearly enough. It was also back when I thought I was excellent at reading Nacho, though not killer-tell excellent. Those games might help you to see what I mean.

You, on the other hand are doing stuff I think looks like town-bork, and I know you feel like your town game is impossible for me to miss. But, I have confidence I can read both heads, and that's what I want. A townread on both of you. That's the game I want this to be.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:34 am

In post 916, morph the cat wrote:I think a big missing box of stuff is the gif half of your hydra. His content was pretty much ??? at that point in time, and we want to have reads on both heads before moving forward on trusting an overall read on you both, if that makes sense?
GIF has basically not read anything and slept through yesterday. You're going to have to make do w/ me.

-b
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:39 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 448, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 436, morph the cat wrote:How about Prism? What do you think of their play so far?

Have you played much with them? My experience with them is as a mod in two towngames.
Prism's comment about having no thoughts on the game is a towntell that I like to use. But, this seems like the kind of game where that would be an easy thing to do as scum who's not part of the meta circle, so I'm hesitant to assign townpoints to it. (And I'm not really sure how much of a towntell it actually is, though I have seen it be right in the past.)

Other than that Prism seems pretty unwilling to do anything at all to avoid pressure. I would suspect that that's just a Prism MO, but it's possibly a towntell.

I haven't played with Prism, discounting a game that was abandoned immediately after I replaced into it. I modded a game where they had a deadbeat scumteam and pulled off an extremely impressive scum win (in what was probably a somewhat townsided setup). I don't recall exactly why they got so townread but I think it had to do with faking really genuine-looking actions such as a self-vote. So that's probably a good sign since they seem the polar opposite of that here, but it was a long time ago.
This is interesting, in that it goes along with a thought I had (that didn't have any actual data behind it), which is that Scum-Prism is probably able to bring the passion to their scum game.
In post 471, midwaybear wrote:So when are you going to explain this notsci scumread? Not seeing it
Going to assume this question is adequately answered for now.
In post 478, Prism wrote:Joke's on you, the games you modded I was at 7/8 years straight of playing, and my effort definitely peaked in 2017/early 2018.

In contrast...I've barely played the last two years!
I know you've replaced out, but I have a reply to this and I want you to see it. I'd been playing mafia for about 5 years straight when I joined MS. Passion gets a boost/reboot on a new site with new faces to learn about. I knew you had been playing mafia for a while.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:41 am

In post 918, morph the cat wrote:You, on the other hand are doing stuff I think looks like town-bork, and I know you feel like your town game is impossible for me to miss. But, I have confidence I can read both heads, and that's what I want. A townread on both of you. That's the game I want this to be.
I feel like generally I'm the easier to read player of the two and some nagging part of me feels like this is a smokescreeen of convenience in that GIF hasn't been super involved yet. I'm not trying to be combative or alienating here I'm just trying to give this its due diligence. I don't want this to become Forest Fire where we were fighting half the game, and I don't have a backdrop of how scum-you would even respond to such a situation so I'm treading fairly lightly in either case.

I'm somewhat repressing memory of things like Tales of you because fuck that game but I don't recall you feeling you had to do a similar thing w/ Nacho there (and yes I realize that GIF isn't Nacho). I also realize I was scum in that game but I don't think that's germaine to this convo

-b

fuck i'm late for a meeting
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:52 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 921, Remilia Scarlet wrote:
In post 918, morph the cat wrote:You, on the other hand are doing stuff I think looks like town-bork, and I know you feel like your town game is impossible for me to miss. But, I have confidence I can read both heads, and that's what I want. A townread on both of you. That's the game I want this to be.
I feel like generally I'm the easier to read player of the two and some nagging part of me feels like this is a smokescreeen of convenience in that GIF hasn't been super involved yet. I'm not trying to be combative or alienating here I'm just trying to give this its due diligence. I don't want this to become Forest Fire where we were fighting half the game, and I don't have a backdrop of how scum-you would even respond to such a situation so I'm treading fairly lightly in either case.

I'm somewhat repressing memory of things like Tales of you because fuck that game but I don't recall you feeling you had to do a similar thing w/ Nacho there (and yes I realize that GIF isn't Nacho). I also realize I was scum in that game but I don't think that's germaine to this convo

-b

fuck i'm late for a meeting
All true, and I misread your slot based on your play because Nacho was being weird and infrequent. I hate that game too, but there are two things in the game I was proud of. One was getting my GiF read right on the basis of that one naked reads post, even though he was collecting scumreads for inactivity. The other was townreading the hell out of Rancid Broderick Drake in the face of a miller counterclaim and much of the player list yelling at me for standing in the breach trying to hold back the mis-elim. Then Vig-Pere shot them anyway that night.

The read was mostly based on Nati, though. It did give me some (probably misplaced) trust that I was getting better at seeing town-zmuffin and not getting crazy-paranoid, even in a really jacked up gamestate.

Given how my basing the read on you back then and not trying harder to read Nacho caused me to misread your slot, does it really surprise you that in this game I want to townread both heads?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:04 am

Post by Tammy »

The original formula for coca-cola contained cocaine, which at the time was legal. It was promoted as being able to fix headaches, fatigue and aid in weight loss. By 1929, cocaine was removed from the recipe.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:04 am

Post by Tammy »

Mescaline is a psychoactive chemical in peyote, a cactus native to Texas and Mexico. Though it's been used for thousands of years in religious ceremonies, it's thought that it's been used since Prehistoric times.
Last edited by Tammy on Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”