Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Bell »

In post 988, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 979, Bell wrote:I’m curious what S_S thinks about alisae since if you remove the length of alisae’s post it’s basically his scum entrance.
Eh?
Pet town reads. I’m trusting this person’s read’s but i’m not going to town read them etc.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 997, zMuffinMan wrote:the issue is why would scum-alisae be here at game start if alisae had no knowledge of the game starting
I assume because e'd be active in the scum PT and eir partners would point it out?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:19 am

Post by morph the cat »

I mean cut the mods some slack, they forgot to send the gamestart PM to the scumteam and had to send a different set~

I wouldn't read anything into the game start PM other than the mods hate you personally and deeply, muffin.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:20 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Alissa, if you’re scum, I’m gonna get so confused this game trying to figure out your process regarding my slot :lol:
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:20 am

In post 995, morph the cat wrote:Gamestart PM was sent to....

To: innocentvillager borkjerfkin fferyllt GuyInFreezer notscience Remilia Scarlet morph the cat The Bulge Prism MariaR Bell PlusJOYED Secret Tunnel
My PM was sent to me, midway, and April, the last three people on the playerlist. It looks like they split up the PM because of the max recipient limit and Alisae (fourth from the end) got lost.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:21 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1001, Something_Smart wrote:I assume because e'd be active in the scum PT and eir partners would point it out?
depends on who alisae is scum with but also i just dont think it's very common for people to say "hey the game has started" in a scum PT

it might take a while for that to even become a thing that scum knows about unless someone immediately mentions "X posted Y"
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:21 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 955, Alisae wrote:
In post 952, April Ludgate wrote:It was the way Alisae posted that made it look like a catch-up that scum tried to make look townie and semi succeeded.
I don't think thats how success works.
Also I'm pretty sure I'm here at gamestart if I'm scum so.......
Well, it is a success, because I don’t believe anyone but me would have seen it as not townie, which you’d be able to handle at this point in the game pretty easily.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:21 am

Post by morph the cat »

BCC has no limit (Or rather, a very large limit), so they probably just forgot BCC is a feature.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:21 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 990, Something_Smart wrote:midwaybear I really liked your posts in WW&V. I wasn't faking that.

I hate them here :(
why...
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:21 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 1003, April Ludgate wrote:Alissa, if you’re scum, I’m gonna get so confused this game trying to figure out your process regarding my slot :lol:
*Alisae
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:23 am

Post by April Ludgate »

I made a pool grouping a while back in my PT, I’ll probably get around to posting and explaining it soon.

Usually when I do my pool grouping’s, I have decent reads, even if it’s a little off. It’s able to be worked and evolve over time, of course.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:24 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1002, morph the cat wrote:I mean cut the mods some slack, they forgot to send the gamestart PM to the scumteam and had to send a different set~

I wouldn't read anything into the game start PM other than the mods hate you personally and deeply, muffin.
The hate you personally, so it could be! They explicitly told specifically me not to tell you the game had started in the PM I was on.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

if they copy pasted "zmuffin man" into the list of recipients for the game start PM, and didn't realise there's no space. i'm going to laugh
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 am

In post 1008, midwaybear wrote:why...
Well, this is what prompted me to post that:
In post 989, midwaybear wrote:Assuming good faith, I feel like many of your posts (like this one) serve no real purpose other than fluff and fit in the category of: short comment that scum make.
Because it's silly. By and large people only make short comments as scum if they would also make them as town, and just because you don't immediately see the purpose behind a post doesn't mean it has none, and it especially doesn't mean that Bell couldn't THINK it had one.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 986, Alisae wrote:
In post 984, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 981, Alisae wrote:
In post 980, PlusJOYED wrote:I also don't like 851, I don't see how that would change your opinion really, it's NAI at best
Why? It makes sense to me
let me ask you this.
If someone does something scummy and their defense is "I wouldn't have gotten myself here if I was scum" does that make them more town?
Mafia isn't as black and white as you're suggesting it is.
However,I do think that leans towards PlusTown for thinking that.

I’m not sure I think PlusScum talks like that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 am

In post 1000, Bell wrote:Pet town reads. I’m trusting this person’s read’s but i’m not going to town read them etc.
I mean, that was my scum entrance because it's also a thing I do as town... because it's a good thing to do and people ought to do it more.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 am

In post 1014, April Ludgate wrote:However,I do think that leans towards PlusTown for thinking that.

I’m not sure I think PlusScum talks like that.
Agree
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:29 am

Post by midwaybear »

Stuff like that somewhat annoys me and I don't really see his purpose behind it.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Bell »

I do agree with joy and alisae not being scum together.
I feel kinda dumb though if it turns out they’re town. Sometimes when I feel sick I get overconfident. Brain says alisae scum and every objection is being disregarded with prejudice.

S_S. I agree, that’s why I do it too. But my posts vary more and I can get stuck or give out over/under confident reads that wouldn’t normally be quite so comfortable with as town. But why is it a good thing to trust the reads of somebody who you aren’t sure is scum or not. About a player you aren’t sure is scum or not either?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 997, zMuffinMan wrote:the issue is why would scum-alisae be here at game start if alisae had no knowledge of the game starting
Because I like playing scum and because I'm scum I (probably) would have a scum PT to talk in and because I would probably have said PT I would probably be more invested in the game because I have teammates to talk to which would result in me paying attention to the game more
GTKAS
| here.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:30 am

Post by April Ludgate »

zMuffinman, Alisae, Maria, Prism, Remelia has multiple scum in it probably.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1002, morph the cat wrote:I mean cut the mods some slack, they forgot to send the gamestart PM to the scumteam and had to send a different set~

true tbh
GTKAS
| here.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:32 am

Post by April Ludgate »

The Bulge, Midwaybear, SS, Morph, Bell, Secret Tunnel

Is who is left over, and I’m forgetting one person...hmm
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1006, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 955, Alisae wrote:
In post 952, April Ludgate wrote:It was the way Alisae posted that made it look like a catch-up that scum tried to make look townie and semi succeeded.
I don't think thats how success works.
Also I'm pretty sure I'm here at gamestart if I'm scum so.......
Well, it is a success, because I don’t believe anyone but me would have seen it as not townie, which you’d be able to handle at this point in the game pretty easily.
oh yeah ofc ya totally xD
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 am

In post 1018, Bell wrote:But why is it a good thing to trust the reads of somebody who you aren’t sure is scum or not. About a player you aren’t sure is scum or not either?
Because the integrity of the read is only compromised if both parties are scum and the one is actually fabricating a townread on the other. This is a thing that doesn't happen too often, and it also has a low prior to begin with. So mostly what I'm doing when I'm trusting someone's townread is to decrease the likelihood in your head that the first person is town and wrong about the second, which ends up making the second person a lot townier overall.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”