Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

Heh. #2540 would pretty much be my POE pool if I took Rider out.

(I'm considering whether I'm giving Beast too easy a town read but currently thinking Beast is town.)
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 2549, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 2499, Servant Avenger wrote:Lancer proceeds down that road of trying to tamp down on Berserker's momentum. #117.

@Beast, @Alter, @Saber, @Ruler, what do you think of Lancer?
Lancer what do you think of those 4?

@Beast, yeah that's what I meant. k.
I TR Alter, their posting just feels good and I liked the comment about how TRs on them should be going down.
Beast and Saber could both be scum. Both of the reads are partly PoE/not townreading, but I did like some of Saber's posts day 2, I think their ISOs are also short so I could take a better look.
Ruler I've got nothing on. Maybe at one point I did have thoughts, but I don't remember.

@Alter - do you have a read on me?
I'm not townreading you. I have a few too many eh reactions to some of your posts. And I really hated all that prodging during day 2. At that point I would have voted you without hesitation.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 2549, Servant Lancer wrote:I did like some of Saber's posts day 2
I assume you mean day 1, but could you give examples of those posts?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

Feel free to help me bus anytime, Moon Cancer.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count D2-4

With 12 players alive, it will take 7 votes to eliminate a player.

Moon Cancer (3): Berserker, Saber, Caster
Lancer (2): Foreigner, Rider

Phase Page Usage: 13/60

Day two will end in: (expired on 2020-09-27 22:00:00)

Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2513, Servant Beast wrote:
In post 2499, Servant Avenger wrote:Lancer proceeds down that road of trying to tamp down on Berserker's momentum. #117.

@Beast, @Alter, @Saber, @Ruler, what do you think of Lancer?
Lancer what do you think of those 4?

@Beast, yeah that's what I meant. k.
Servant Avenger wrote:Actual reasons please. Not I agree or I think.
Just read the game and his iso and come back to me and tell me what you think he thought.
Alright,

TBH in early day 1 he was pinging a bit town with me. I liked their early interactions and they were answering questions directed at them with the right amount of sass.

During the night they seem the worst off after knowing shields flip. Reading their ISO from yesterday felt like they knew already what was going to happen. I fail to accept that their casual confidence in that town read came from a town place and think it was scum avoiding the wagon. I kind of feel the same way about moon, though they were more obvious and outspoken against the shield elim whereas lancer was more subtle and they also pointed out moon cancer's defense. It could be both of them, but I like Lancer for scum based on yesterday.

thats my thought space right now
I don't feel like I was projecting confidence. If I was actually confident in the read, I would have towncased or given a stronger reason for Shielder unvotes.
But if I go down today because I was correct on a toneread then... tbh it would be completely expected given how this game has gone so far. Haha.

Though even if Shielder hadn't been the elim, Caster would have been, and I'm no longer confident they're scum.

Pedit@Assassin - Yeah I did mean Day 1. And sure I can find them.

Alter - Why is prodging AI? I didn't have time and the game was moving at A Pace. That's not a bad thing but there's literally nothing I could do about IRL, and it's not like I can talk about it without giving way to main stuff.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:23 pm

In post 2550, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Heh. #2540 would pretty much be my POE pool if I took Rider out.

(I'm considering whether I'm giving Beast too easy a town read but currently thinking Beast is town.)
The thing that bothers me about Beast is the strength of her 180 on Shielder. She went from defending Shielder almost as hard as Berserker was, to a scumread based on the lies/inconsistencies whatever in Shelder's early claims about their master ability being different vs the eventual full claim.

It came with no nuance concerning Shielder's 3.0's posts overall.

I was weighing the inconsistency against what I thought was a pretty town-looking attitude about getting the claim into the thread, making sure the paraphrases were ok with the mod, etc. Still wound up with a scum read, but I definitely wasn't in "burn it with fire" mode.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:29 pm

In post 2555, Servant Lancer wrote:Alter - Why is prodging AI? I didn't have time and the game was moving at A Pace. That's not a bad thing but there's literally nothing I could do about IRL, and it's not like I can talk about it without giving way to main stuff.
It felt sort of strategic, like fade away and let other things going on catch attention. Your late day 1 re-entrance, and the contrary stance helped with that. Like I said, I'm not great at reading tone in a player I can't either identify or meta, but I didn't leap to thinking your posts were disingenuous.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

Is there anyone in your "burn it with fire" list, Alter?
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 1774, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 1771, Servant Rider wrote:I'm not sure where the inconsistency is. Lancer's got people gunning for him (hi!) and basically admits he's been inactive and not helped public opinion towards him. Where da cogdis?
It's my cog dis because of how Lancer admitted he was inactive. He didn't accuse people of being scummy for pushing him but he took responsibility for his prior play.

I like naked voting right now because I feel we have scum on the ropes but then I see a post like that and I am not so sure.
In post 2122, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 2084, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 2084, Servant Caster wrote:didn't you know avenger, tone is fake, we only deal in COLD HARD FACTS here like "caster's iso bad"
Scum just don't do this post.
Smh. They do. It's the post of someone genuinely frustrated but frustration is NAI.
I remember liking these posts as I was catching up and having a generally positive view of Saber in my head.
But that may have something to do with one being a TR of me when I have almost none of those and the other is because I disagreed pretty hard at the time that Caster's emotional posting was a reason to TR them and was again just happy to see some agreement.

Given the townread doesn't seem to have been very strong given Saber's posting today, idk.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2557, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 2555, Servant Lancer wrote:Alter - Why is prodging AI? I didn't have time and the game was moving at A Pace. That's not a bad thing but there's literally nothing I could do about IRL, and it's not like I can talk about it without giving way to main stuff.
It felt sort of strategic, like fade away and let other things going on catch attention. Your late day 1 re-entrance, and the contrary stance helped with that. Like I said, I'm not great at reading tone in a player I can't either identify or meta, but I didn't leap to thinking your posts were disingenuous.
Eh, I hear this a lot so I don't hate it, but I do find it kinda funny that whenever I fall behind in a game it's read as some kind of strategy, even in this one. It keeps happening.

I don't think I'm going to bother with trying to reason out Moon Cancer's main in order to see if this behavior is in-character, 1 because it's a fool's errand for me and 2 because I buy that they're genuinely this egotistical. I'm not comfortable TRing the slot or scumreading it right now, but there's also a very very short list of players I think are capable of reacting that well to Berserker's result as scum.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 2556, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 2550, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Heh. #2540 would pretty much be my POE pool if I took Rider out.

The thing that bothers me about Beast is the strength of her 180 on Shielder. She went from defending Shielder almost as hard as Berserker was, to a scumread based on the lies/inconsistencies whatever in Shelder's early claims about their master ability being different vs the eventual full claim.

It came with no nuance concerning Shielder's 3.0's posts overall.

I was weighing the inconsistency against what I thought was a pretty town-looking attitude about getting the claim into the thread, making sure the paraphrases were ok with the mod, etc. Still wound up with a scum read, but I definitely wasn't in "burn it with fire" mode.
For me it was Beast's self-consciousness regarding the Shielder flip, that she didn't view her own reasons as good enough to serve as a reason for the change in read, as well as the focus on how others were viewing her slot. It could also be town paranoia of being miselimed, which is what I was hoping to figure out, and Beast also holistically feels like a player I could see being worried about that. I do think she's readable.

VOTE: Saber
I kinda don't like the way they talk about my slot, like they're not sure if they want to townread me or not because I'm being heavily scumread, and then today they call me consensus scum pretty confidently.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:54 pm

In post 2558, Servant Rider wrote:Is there anyone in your "burn it with fire" list, Alter?
I wish.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

Do you at least have a short list of people that you feel the squidgiest about, even if they're inflammable?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:23 pm

Beast, Ruler, Saber.

I hate to think about the lake of paranoid fire I'd become if town flips force me to reconsider town reads.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

Mmh. If it makes you feel better, I'll be right down there in hell with you.

I have a lot of townreads this game (more than I usually do by this point) and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:30 pm

I'm not totally sold on Caster-town. There's something that feels out of balance in his game behavior. He's so salty about getting pushed. But he's pretty gleeful about piling on to other players being pressured.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:32 pm

I am somewhat concerned that Lancer keeps coming in late and echoing other people but he has a point about Saber's read on him which doesn't quite feel organic, in addition to everything else. At any rate he's playing ball and Saber...isn't, so much, and Lancer has had more town sounding posts. If Saber is town Lancer remains firmly in the PoE regardless. Think we'll be okay so long as I end today with a solid list of townreads.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

In post 2566, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I'm not totally sold on Caster-town. There's something that feels out of balance in his game behavior. He's so salty about getting pushed. But he's pretty gleeful about piling on to other players being pressured.
No berserker sightings.

Contradictions aren't scummy though.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 pm

In post 2568, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 2566, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I'm not totally sold on Caster-town. There's something that feels out of balance in his game behavior. He's so salty about getting pushed. But he's pretty gleeful about piling on to other players being pressured.
No berserker sightings.

Contradictions aren't scummy though.
Yeah, it could totally just be a personality trait.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:54 pm

Not sure I'd describe it as necessarily gleeful, still has a a bitter tone to him and him piling on Lancer makes sense given his reads being OMGUS-y toward the wagon on him yesterday (not a scumtell, often a town-indicative thing).

Was going to do a review of Beast to try to put put my feelings there into concrete words but I let too much time pass today so that'll have to wait for tomorrow.

Think I'm fine with burning Saber barring some unexpected outburst of townieness. Didn't like him pulling a disappearing act after asking him to explain his pile of scumreads and don't favor any of the votes he named.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:42 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 2559, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 1774, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 1771, Servant Rider wrote:I'm not sure where the inconsistency is. Lancer's got people gunning for him (hi!) and basically admits he's been inactive and not helped public opinion towards him. Where da cogdis?
It's my cog dis because of how Lancer admitted he was inactive. He didn't accuse people of being scummy for pushing him but he took responsibility for his prior play.

I like naked voting right now because I feel we have scum on the ropes but then I see a post like that and I am not so sure.
In post 2122, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 2084, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 2084, Servant Caster wrote:didn't you know avenger, tone is fake, we only deal in COLD HARD FACTS here like "caster's iso bad"
Scum just don't do this post.
Smh. They do. It's the post of someone genuinely frustrated but frustration is NAI.
I remember liking these posts as I was catching up and having a generally positive view of Saber in my head.
But that may have something to do with one being a TR of me when I have almost none of those and the other is because I disagreed pretty hard at the time that Caster's emotional posting was a reason to TR them and was again just happy to see some agreement.

Given the townread doesn't seem to have been very strong given Saber's posting today, idk.
did you even do anything between saber flipping his read on you?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

i think the salt was triggered by the ways berserker & assassin went about it, i swear i'm not always like this, although being sassy is more often than not a lot more fun than mafia
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:50 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

Where's ruler.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:35 am

I hope Ruler v3 decides to join us, I would hate to have another extended night phase, that sucked. (Actually I'm just going to keep the day going until it's clear there won't be any needed replacements, rushing the elimination was obviously a mistake).

Working on a post on Beast right now. I feel all right about them, mostly.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”