Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:12 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 596, shellyc wrote:eh just read saude's games
why would i? I am not the one using meta to defend or push him, if you want to push meta then it's you are free to explain it to me if you want me to take it into consideration
594 was pretty weird, seems like you trying to make a wall but your huge paragraph is mainly about how you will vote jester. seems tacky and overexplain-y
indeed, but that is exactly what it was. I am trying to tell jester that if he is town he needs to stop it because he seems to believe i am town and all it is going to accomplish if me tunneling on him
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 598, shellyc wrote:duppin what other reads do you have

i don't really concur with your red read, fwiw he seems pretty disagreeable by thinking that the game is moving in a direction he dislikes
yes but just complaining about the state and not attempting to move it in a direction is suspicious to me. he seems to be complaining about the game state and being very careful with his reads (he essentially ended up only giving town reads) which to me indicate is trying to avoid confrontation while still appearing active. I am perfectly aware it might be too early to tell but that is the impression I am left with
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

VC 1.4
Bat Fact #05:
Bats are separated by two main types: microbats and megabats. The majority are microbats which live in caves and eat insects like moths and moquitos.
The vampire bat is the only species of microbat with a distinctly different diet, preferring instead to consume the blood of cattle and horses.
Megabats, on the other hand, live in the tropics and eat fruit, nectar, and pollen. Their eyes are much larger and they have a highly developed sense of smell, however, they cannot echolocate.

EXILE STATUS
[4] shellyc:
Odd Day Jester, JacksonVirgo, Mundivore, Grendel
[2] Redados:
UNOwen, Noraa
[2] Grendel:
shellyc, NorwegianboyEE
[1] Odd Day Jester:
duppin
[1] MiniMegabyte:
Saudade
[1] Noraa:
bugspray
[1] Saudade:
MiniMegabyte

[1] Not Voting:
Redados

With 13 still flying around the place, it takes 7 votes to ground someone.

The Day 1 deadline is in:
(expired on 2020-10-03 14:30:00)

Mod Notes:
(人^ω^)
[/mech]
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 599, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 594, duppin wrote:I believe giving someone a pass for self voting is a big mistake as it essentially opens up for scum doing it for easy town credit in the long run.
I believe voting Jester for voting himself is a big mistake as it essentially opens up for scum to wagon an slot that if flips town they can justify themselves by saying they were voting for a policy elimination.
Yes but that is actually what I said. It is also why I said that while I would not argue against the townreads on me I would not have townread someone else for doing it because if Jester is town then what I did is the easiest thing in the world to justify
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by duppin »

Bugspray is my toptown by far at the moment.

I'm not getting much for all of the meta reads being thrown around but I am trying to take them into consideration as long as people actually elaborate
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Also Jester is just joking most of the time, i can tell he's going to seriously play the game. And he even has been, posting reads and posting some votes for people other than him.
I don't think he's been an slot worthy of exile just because of his comedic tendencies.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 605, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Also Jester is just joking most of the time, i can tell he's going to seriously play the game. And he even has been, posting reads and posting some votes for people other than him.
I don't think he's been an slot worthy of exile just because of his comedic tendencies.
But do you believe self voting should be normal?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:21 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 606, duppin wrote:
In post 605, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Also Jester is just joking most of the time, i can tell he's going to seriously play the game. And he even has been, posting reads and posting some votes for people other than him.
Define normal?
As in do i think it's something people should seriously do as an AtE tactic? No. And it's easy for scum to copy that behaviour.
But voting yourself as the punchline of an joke? Why not? If he plays the game seriously when it matters, it wouldn't bother me at all.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don't mind anyone voting Jester if they genuinely scumread him. But voting purely with the explained reason that they fundamentally disagree with self-voting is where i draw the line.

- Bunno
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 607, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 606, duppin wrote:
Define normal?
As in do i think it's something people should seriously do as an AtE tactic? No. And it's easy for scum to copy that behaviour.
But voting yourself as the punchline of an joke? Why not? If he plays the game seriously when it matters, it wouldn't bother me at all.
I have already exlained why I think he should not do it and I think accepting letting someone incorporate into their meta is a mistake and it's one I can see causing a lot of WIFOM if it continues especially if other players start accepting it as jokes as well. But again yes this is nothing but a policy vote and I am well aware that I am pretty stubborn regarding this but yea
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:26 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 608, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don't mind anyone voting Jester if they genuinely scumread him. But voting purely with the explained reason that they fundamentally disagree with self-voting is where i draw the line.
you are free to find me suspicious or vote on me for doing so I have no problem with that whatsoever
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Well my interpretation of the slight might be fundamentally different from yours because i have an experience with many users creating gimmicky alt accounts where they do what Odd Day Jester has been doing for usually one or a few games before reverting to their main or creating an new alt. And by seeing the sign up date of the user i can easily tell this is not an new user that just jumped in from the Newbie Queue, this is an experienced user that wants to experience with playstyles and is using the new account as a platform to do so.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:31 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 611, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Well my interpretation of the user might be fundamentally different from yours because i have an experience with many users creating gimmicky alt accounts where they do what Odd Day Jester has been doing for usually one or a few games before reverting back to their main or creating an new alt. And by seeing the sign up date of the user i can easily tell this is not an new user that just jumped in from the Newbie Queue, this is an experienced user that wants to experiment with playstyles and is using the new account as a platform to do so. And is therefore unlikely to be an frontrunner of an entirely new site meta where self-voting is the cool thing all the kids will be doing. So i think accepting it as the joke it is and trying to read him properly is the way to go here.
EBWOP^

- Bunno
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by duppin »

i believe he said he was from another site but yes i think it is fairly obvious it is an alt and most likely someone from MS, but i dont think that is a reason for me to be more open to the idea of selfvoting to be honest
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 610, duppin wrote:
In post 608, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don't mind anyone voting Jester if they genuinely scumread him. But voting purely with the explained reason that they fundamentally disagree with self-voting is where i draw the line.
you are free to find me suspicious or vote on me for doing so I have no problem with that whatsoever
I don't really find it suspicious or scum indicative that you stand behind the position you've taken. I just fundamentally disagree with it.

- Bunno
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:37 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 614, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 610, duppin wrote:
I don't really find it suspicious or scum indicative that you stand behind the position you've taken. I just fundamentally disagree with it.
Okay that's fair, anyway I've explained my position regarding this but it doesn't mean I'm going to tunnelvision, keep my vote parked on him or anything of the sort, all it means is that as long as we are both alive it is rather likely I will vote on him if he selfvotes
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:52 pm

Post by Saudade »

In post 587, shellyc wrote:
In post 579, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 415, shellyc wrote:discrediting reads and attempts to solve: -3 townpoints
Are you even keeping count of these statistics or is it just an annoying buzzword you like to repeat.
I do keep count of them lmao
jackson is probably on -20 townpoints now
jester -5
i havent done that for anyone else
In post 581, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Jackson Shelly is probably TvT and you two should shake hands and stop.
no i dont like peace
In post 583, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 457, shellyc wrote:
In post 455, Odd Day Jester wrote:It means that in the 14 seconds between 295 and 296, you had this thought about that you're concerned about me being manipulated by scum, which is dependent on you being incredibly confident I'm town - which doesn't fit how you're now nullreading me. It's far more plausible that "concern" means you just don't like me flipping on you, and you're talking about my alignment.
I mean concern since I was confident before that you were town

but you're not townie rn

you've lost the town energy
Shelly wtf r u doing.
idk really
In post 584, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 465, shellyc wrote:but after i have lunch first bye
I hope you had your morning coffee.
You seem overly irritable and that’s why you jump on anyone for any perceived slight against you.
Probably town from you because if you’re scum you just committed political suicide.
I'd rather tea.
In post 585, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 468, Saudade wrote:see shelly was just a hungry girl that explains her overall angry attitude and inconsistent mood swings on everyone
:lol:
I am not a girl. wtf saude
Pronoun: She
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:55 pm

Post by Saudade »

Dont read my games, you will only find death and desolation
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by duppin »

I decided to go ISO Jester one more time.
I do actually believe he is town. I absolutely hate his self voting and I hope he stops doing it, but I am not interested in creating unnecessary distractions by pushing a policy lynch apparently no one else agrees with when I believe the player is most likely town.

UNVOTE:

I would also like to quote this:
In post 330, shellyc wrote:
I'll come back to this later. but I have a reason for my confidence
I do not think you ever followed up on this but I understand that you might be waiting for someting, I just wanted to quote it to make sure it is not forgotten
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by shellyc »

BS about jester's self voting is useless. you're not trying to sort anyone and I don't like it.

Regarding 330, I will reveal my reasoning soon. You are correct that I am currently waiting.
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:19 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 604, duppin wrote:Bugspray is my toptown by far at the moment.
sell me on bugs town when all they did was push on noraa

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:22 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 620, shellyc wrote:
In post 604, duppin wrote:Bugspray is my toptown by far at the moment.
sell me on bugs town when all they did was push on noraa
I believe bugs is town because he initially attempted to push a policy lynch on Jester as well but then revaluated his read and pushed elsewhere which to me seems to indicate he was actively trying to solve the game when he could have easily just camped his vote. I was briefly considering that it could have been an attempt at distancing but I think that is unlikely
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:25 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 601, duppin wrote:yes but just complaining about the state and not attempting to move it in a direction is suspicious to me. he seems to be complaining about the game state and being very careful with his reads (he essentially ended up only giving town reads) which to me indicate is trying to avoid confrontation while still appearing active. I am perfectly aware it might be too early to tell but that is the impression I am left with
redados SR'd saude, didnt he?

but you've made your point, I'll sort redados later as I have experience with them, for now I want to sort you + Grendel first

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 621, duppin wrote:I believe bugs is town because he initially attempted to push a policy lynch on Jester as well but then revaluated his read and pushed elsewhere which to me seems to indicate he was actively trying to solve the game when he could have easily just camped his vote. I was briefly considering that it could have been an attempt at distancing but I think that is unlikely
I don't think moving vote is especially AI but eh I'll give you this one

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 619, shellyc wrote:BS about jester's self voting is useless. you're not trying to sort anyone and I don't like it.
I never said it's useless, I said I think it's bad. Also as for trying to sort anyone, how am I not? I'm trying to engage red at the moment and I was also waiting for you to elaborate on the Saudade meta read since you claimed his town play was very distinct but I assume you do not want to elaborate on it. I actually checked one of his towns game just to see the day 1 and I do not understand what you picked up on but it's definitely possible I missed it especially seeing as I have no experience playing with him

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”