Mini Normal 2159 | Cinder Block Mafia | Game Over!

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:37 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1619, Frogsterking wrote: I see what happened yesterday, there was a miscommunication in the tone of my posts because we are communicating through written word. The tone of my posts in my responses , , and was not sarcastic, I meant them literally. There wasn't a conscious choice to not interact with Banana D1 on my end and probably his as well, and I probably would never have noticed had you not pointed it out. Because of this there is no way to answer the questions you asked, the best I can do is answer in a general sense.
Nice try. :giggle: I don’t think that’s what happened at all. I don’t think you had a legitimate answer for not interacting with that slot. Had you just come out and said so, I’m sure I would have probably given you the benefit of the doubt.

As I said, I was only somewhat suspicious, but I wasn’t scumreading you. I was just trying to figure it out so I wanted to engage, however, from your responses my perception was that you didn’t want to engage. (i.e. you have/had something to hide). Even after multiple attempts. was an assumptive question to you to see how you’d respond and still nothing. Then as Taylor and geraintm began pointing out other things about your play late in day 2, it just kept solidifying my suspicions.
In post 1620, geraintm wrote:
In post 1615, ItalianoVD wrote:Are you saying you think scum!Nosferatu and scum!RCEnima would be voting together? As partners?
i have frogster there too, and i think i have them coming off worse from my looking over the votes. RCenigma is my second, nosferatu i guess third but i think there should be a clear gap between rcenigma and nos.
I guess I’m asking you a hypothetical. Do you think both scumpartners would be on both wagons together back to back days like that? How likely do you think that is?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1619, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1614, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1597, geraintm wrote:
In post 1585, ItalianoVD wrote:Happy to be alive, I gotta say. I expected to be killed, but kinda wouldn’t be surprised if I didn’t and here we are.
I fully expected you to be killed too.
I’m guessing that because I was confirmed tfn and Taylor was unconfirmed, better to get rid of her in hopes of hitting a more powered role.
In post 1597, geraintm wrote:@italiano - why are your reads on looker and enigma so different to everyone else's?
Well I strongly townread SJReaver and even though Looker has played strangely, I don’t think it’s scum play. I’ve townread RC for a while now and the hammer of Raya didn’t make me think scum (although, that seems to be the consensus). Also his fakeclaim has been shown to be his meta and is not ai.

Here are my full reads:

TOWN

geraintm
- For almost all of Day 1 and part of Day 2 I could not get a read on geraintm. Never scumread him, but couldn’t hone in a solid read. As I started to see more of his reasoning and thoughts regarding events in the gamestate and when my own interactions with him increased I began feeling better about him. Geraintm has been the ghost vote/wagon since Day 1. Coincidentally along with Looker, it’s been Gamma, callforjudgment, and Frogster.
85%

Nosferatu
- After thinking Frog and Nos were possible scum partners earlier in the day I read Nosferatu as town late in the day for seemingly backing me up when I was going after callforjudgment even though I was the leading wagon at the time. I was hoping he was town by sending him my tfn message. I know it doesn’t make sense for scum!Nos to deny receiving the message, meaning it could be faked, but based on the late Day 1 response to my wagon along with the Day 2 posting, I’m thinking pretty strongly town here.
90%

Walter
- My strongest townread out of everyone. Nothing more needs to be said here.
100%

RCEnigma
- The two things RC is being scumread for I think are NAI and other than those two things I have not seen anyone say anything that could actually be considered scummy. I’ve pretty much townread RC since late Day 1 and as I said there hasn’t been anything I have found through his ISO that I could say would be worth voting him for.
85%

Looker
- SJReaver claimed she was scum. CFJ claimed that he thought her action was more likely to come from scum then town, although his sample size was only three (). I disagreed then and I still do. I have only seen/experienced veteran, highly experienced players claim wolf while actually being wolf and that’s only been like 5 times maybe, which is also not a strong sample size. The other times I have seen it (much more often than 5) has been from regular villager or power role villager (seer, Angel, etc.). All in all I think no matter what alignment you are it’s simply a reaction test. Anyway, I’m saying all that to say:

~While it’s possible, I think/thought it was highly unlikely for scum!SJReaver to comfortably claim scum while being scum, especially being a new player.

~SJReaver as scum would not come after me as town because town!SJReaver knows I go hard after who I think is scum and would not risk getting tunneled. I don’t think , , and comes from scum!SJReaver.

I don’t really have to say anything about Looker since it’s the same slot. I haven’t seen anything that has made me think otherwise on the slot. Though I was annoyed in it wasn’t a scumread.
85%

SCUM

Frogster
- I started to allude to my suspicion of Frogster in . I wasn’t satisfied with the answers in and . I perceived them as brush off answers. Then in changes the subject to pointlessly question Looker about his username. Again in , I tried to get some type of response/reaction out of him and was again met with sarcasm (). And thus the reason for the vote in . was an elaboration of 1385. I was ready to engage with him and understand what his thoughts were, but it seemed like he had/has something to hide so I’m good with voting him out and why he’s in my lynchpool.
90%

Gamma
- I’ve scumread Gamma since Day 2. Wasn’t able to really get a good read on him Day 1 as I forgot he was in the game although he was a top 3 poster. I think he might have been second in posting iirc. Posting that much and not being memorable had me scratching my head. After doing an iso on him Day 2 he seemed very much like a possible scum slot. I said this in and then reiterated again in when I voted for him. I don’t see any changes to this read.
90%

CFJ
- I’ve been pretty suspicious of call from the beginning. His framing of events have had me scratching my head constantly. Not sure why he frames things the way he does. Sometimes in a weird way, sometimes outright false.

No one caught it but my read of callforjudgment in was a parody of Trump’s description of everything being beautiful even though it’s not (read it again in Trump’s voice). Although it was delivered as a joke, it was a true read of how I thought his posts were too perfect. Townies post and do things that look scummy all the time. Call’s post were just too perfect and to me that seemed like he was trying too hard. Since Day 1, it’s been an up and down rollercoaster when trying to read him. Recently (mid-late Day 2) he has looked more town with his responses and interactions, but then he does something () or says something () that pushes him right back into my scumpool. I do admit, however, that callforjudgment is more of a PoE read than an actual scumread at the moment.
55%
I see what happened yesterday, there was a miscommunication in the tone of my posts because we are communicating through written word. The tone of my posts in my responses , , and was not sarcastic, I meant them literally. There wasn't a conscious choice to not interact with Banana D1 on my end and probably his as well, and I probably would never have noticed had you not pointed it out. Because of this there is no way to answer the questions you asked, the best I can do is answer in a general sense.
I have more to say about this actually.

I believe that you were correct in your intuition that I had something to hide (at least in the sense that I was being closed.)

I think that I did originally say more in , a couple of paragraphs actually, and it was very difficult to write because I was trying to explain why I never did something that I'd never thought about before, involving another player I know very little about. Then I looked up at your question and realized that it may have been awkward to answer because you made it that way and were trolling me, but I could not tell for sure.
"I don't have to qualify myself to this guy!" I thought and I highlighted+backspaced what I had written and attempted to summarize it in the shortest way possible.

When you kept pushing the question I felt slightly more confident that you were trolling, but still could not tell for sure, so I continued my approach, believing it to be successful, and did what I wanted instead (trying to understand Looker's motivations.)

When you voted me shortly after I assumed it was for a different reason based on your earlier analysis of the shelly wagon and the questions had been an effect of that reason and not the cause.

The approach that I was using was not irony or sarcasm (which I try to avoid), it was laconic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconic_phrase
Laconic phrases and ironic/sarcastic ones have some similarities in that they can both be used to deflate an attacking argument you feel is unsound, I feel laconic replies are attempting to do so by still offering insight without giving ground, while sarcastic/ironic replies are more so concerned with undermining the attacker and have little to offer in and of themselves.

PEdit:

Okay, so everything I just said was correct...
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1621, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1615, ItalianoVD wrote:Are you saying you think scum!Nosferatu and scum!RCEnima would be voting together? As partners?

i have frogster there too, and i think i have them coming off worse from my looking over the votes. RCenigma is my second, nosferatu i guess third but i think there should be a clear gap between rcenigma and nos.
I'm still trying to understand what exactly you thought was suspicious end of day 2. Do you care to elaborate?
In post 1625, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1619, Frogsterking wrote: I see what happened yesterday, there was a miscommunication in the tone of my posts because we are communicating through written word. The tone of my posts in my responses , , and was not sarcastic, I meant them literally. There wasn't a conscious choice to not interact with Banana D1 on my end and probably his as well, and I probably would never have noticed had you not pointed it out. Because of this there is no way to answer the questions you asked, the best I can do is answer in a general sense.
Nice try. :giggle: I don’t think that’s what happened at all. I don’t think you had a legitimate answer for not interacting with that slot. Had you just come out and said so, I’m sure I would have probably given you the benefit of the doubt.

As I said, I was only somewhat suspicious, but I wasn’t scumreading you. I was just trying to figure it out so I wanted to engage, however, from your responses my perception was that you didn’t want to engage. (i.e. you have/had something to hide). Even after multiple attempts. was an assumptive question to you to see how you’d respond and still nothing. Then as Taylor and geraintm began pointing out other things about your play late in day 2, it just kept solidifying my suspicions.
I guess I’m asking you a hypothetical. Do you think both scumpartners would be on both wagons together back to back days like that? How likely do you think that is?
You may feel some comfort that there was indeed something there end of day because both tayl0r and geraintm think they saw something, however, if you were to ask both of them what that was, their answers will be completely different contradict each other's.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: CFJ
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I know this is insane, but I'm actually speculating on an Italiano + CFJ team right now, and there is a very clear reason why.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:30 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Italiano + me is not theoretically possible. Assuming 10:3, Nosferatu would be town in that situation, and Italiano is confirmed town to Nosferatu. As a consequence, that could only happen in a 9:4 setup.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:31 am

And an idea that prompted for me: Frogster, what is your read on Gamma?
scum
town
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1617, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1605, Frogsterking wrote:If Taylor's report failed because of a mafia role blocker then why did Italiano's night action go through? That makes me think there is a role cop or some other kind of maf pr.
Wdym her report failed?
Here:
In post 946, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i guess i can also add that my night action last night failed.
I just realized my Italiano + CFJ theory does not make sense because Nosferatu confirmed Italiano sent out a message N1. So I think it's unlikely there is a mafia role blocker:
In post 1610, callforjudgement wrote:Normal games have to be very careful to distinguish the "failed from being blocked" case from the "succeeded but got an innocent" case; the two possible results need to be worded in such a way that you can't fail to tell them apart. The use of the word "failed" implies that something interfered with the action.

Sometimes modifiers can interfere with an action, but Tayl0r didn't have one. That means that Tayl0r got roleblocked, and/or tried to investigate an Ascetic or commuting player, and/or tried to investigate a rolestopped player. (Wiki links: Roleblocker, Ascetic, Commuter, Rolestopper.) I don't think there are any other effects that can stop an action made by an unmodified player in a Normal. Note that merely having one of those actions available one night doesn't necessarily mean a player can use it over and over; things like Odd-Night roles are common in Normals. (However, for some reason moderators have a tendency to either give most roles modifiers or to give no roles modifiers; having seen an unmodified power role flip, that reduces the chance that whatever blocked Tayl0r is limited in use.)

Killing a player's target wouldn't cause her action to fail. It would produce correct information (although it wouldn't be particularly useful).
So tayl0r either targeted an ascetic, got role blocked, targeted a commuting player, or tried to investigate a rolestopped player. I have a new theory now.
In post 1570, callforjudgement wrote:I received a Friendly Neighbour's PM last night (and I'm pretty sure I read it correctly).

Italiano is Town.
In post 1585, ItalianoVD wrote:Happy to be alive, I gotta say. I expected to be killed, but kinda wouldn’t be surprised if I didn’t and here we are. I’m guessing the night kill happened for two reasons:

1) The scum were more scared of Taylor’s ability than mine or
2) I was off in my scumreads/not a threat to them right now.

I think we need to hit scum today and I think we can/will, but I’m pissed! Why’d we take out all the women in this town?

Italiano was neither role blocked nor night killed, so it appears less likely to me that there is a mafia role blocker.

That leaves ascetic, rolestopper, and commuter.

This reminded me that when RCE claimed yesterday, tayl0r actually asked RCE if he was ascetic, leading me to now suspect RCE was tayl0r's N1 target:
In post 934, Tayl0r Swift wrote:RCEnigma are you ascetic or do you have any other modifiers?
In post 952, Tayl0r Swift wrote:ok and im back to having enigma as scum. you outed me as PR and there were better ways of getting everyone to claim whether they were in a PT. you also didnt answer the question about whether you are ascetic. VOTE: enigma
In post 965, Tayl0r Swift wrote:my solve is definitely enigma and looker, but raya is the third in the PoE.
Therefore in answer to geraintm's earlier question here about hints as to tayl0r's n1 result:
In post 1597, geraintm wrote:Entering the day, going to catch up as best I can
In post 1568, GeorgeBailey wrote:
Tayl0r Swift has been killed last night! She was a
Spoiler:
town pt cop
First, did anyone see any hints of any results they got?

Spoiler:
In post 1570, callforjudgement wrote:I received a Friendly Neighbour's PM last night (and I'm pretty sure I read it correctly).

Italiano is Town.
you didn't want to hold off on the claim like yesterday?
In post 1575, Nosferatu wrote:VOTE: gamma
I think you ended day 2 with it between RCEnigma and gamma, any reason you jumped hard on gamma?
In post 1585, ItalianoVD wrote:Happy to be alive, I gotta say. I expected to be killed, but kinda wouldn’t be surprised if I didn’t and here we are.

@italiano - why are your reads on looker and enigma so different to everyone else's?

1589 - i'll have to read that more later.

So, trying to look at votes over the past 2 days to see what I can make of things.
Day 1, the lynch went through with
Frogster
Me
italiano - assume town
Nosferatu
RCEnigma
TAylor < dead town
Walter - assume town

Day 2 went through with

CFJ
Looker
Nosferatu
RCEnimga
Taylor < dead town
Walter - assume town

the people on both lynches were
Nosferatu
RCEnigma
(TAylor)
Walter - assume town

[as an aside, Gamma was on neither, rest on 1 or dead]

SO, I have italiano in my town pile.
I have walter in my strong town pile

I ended Day 2 with Frogster as the person I would likely have been voting for, RCenigma as someone I didn't care for at all and their hammer just stank.

this leaves me considering Frogster - for being on the shelly lynch and their suspicious activity end of day 2
Nosferatu - on both lynches
RCenigma - on both lynches and the horrible lynch and everything else

as my top 3 suspicions.
Do people agree with that? I am generally a player watches what goes on and follows actions, and these are the people who have caused me to be suspicious.
She asked RCE twice if his role was ascetic, I think that's a pretty good hint. I think she also scum read RCE at the end of D1.

PEdit:

Bada-bing bada-boo
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1631, callforjudgement wrote:And an idea that prompted for me: Frogster, what is your read on Gamma?
Null leaning town now because of his decreasing activity in the game in comparison to the other players as it progresses. I don't believe I've ever in my life seen a scum player drop in activity level as a game progressed compared to the townies (granted most of my games were livechat which might be different.)

Spoiler:
CFJ is going to:

a) not-subtly imply that something I did was scummy, while still maintaining he is completely convinced that I am town.
b) attempt to get ANOTHER townie lynched.
c) both.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I did n't realize myy meds are wearing off so so my posts are becoming less focused, the point of 1632 is that RCE was Taylor's N1 target because she asked him multiple times if he was ascetic after her report failed and she was suspicious of him end of D1.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:08 pm

In post 1633, Frogsterking wrote:CFJ is going to:

a) not-subtly imply that something I did was scummy, while still maintaining he is completely convinced that I am town.
b) attempt to get ANOTHER townie lynched.
c) both.
I was just trying to rule out a possibility, but haven't been able to conclude anything from this. It might make more sense later in the game.

Meanwhile, you got me thinking: if Tayl0r did indeed investigate RCEnigma night 1, perhaps RCEnigma picked up from Tayl0r's posts that she had investigated him and attempted to get out in front of the guilty claim with a guilty of his own? That would explain RCEnigma's fakeclaim.

The timing doesn't work out for that, though; # might well have been read by scum as Tayl0r implying a result, but didn't specify a target, and didn't hint RCEnigma as the target until #. RCEnigma's claim was in #, before Tayl0r hinted a target. So the only way RCEnigma could have been trying to get in front of a claim is if he somehow knew who Tayl0r might have investigated via nightplay, which seems unlikely. As a result, I don't think this line of thought is going anywhere, but wanted to mention it in case other people are thinking along the same lines.
scum
town
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Looker »

• Raya had better things to do.

In post 1507, RCEnigma wrote:VOTE: Raya

Don't @ me.
I feel the logical thing would be to eliminate RCEnigma today. VOTE: RCEnigma
In post 1539, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:lol Italiano he confirmed it
I agree with nos we launch rce for d3
Are you going to follow-up with this?

• CFJ is right - I picked geraintm over shelly D1
    • I had no idea who was scum.
  • I wonder if CFJ would put this much effort into posts as either alignment. I'm willing to help him kill off RCE.
  • There's a difference between survivalism/poor play and being scummy. I'm free to criticize either.
Among Us is taking up most of my time - it's mafiascum on steroids. The stupid comes at you twice as fast lol
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1622, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 1618, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1593, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Italiano is Town.
Does it say Italiano's name?
Please answer this ASAP CFJ
What is your motivation behind asking the question? As far as I can tell, an answer is more likely to benefit scum than town.

If you explain why the answer would be useful to town, I'll answer it.
Depending on your answer I should be able to confirm one more Town.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

CFJ is bussing RCE
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:01 pm

(PEDIT: re #)

Confirming players is beneficial to town. But letting scum know which players are confirmable is beneficial to scum (as they will know they can kill them, rather than an unconfirmed player).

Is the player in question me or RCEnigma? If not, then assuming you are correct, then the only way scum can hide the knowledge of who the confirmed player is will be to nightkill me (as I'll be able to reveal the same information tomorrow rather than toDay, or if I'm run up and forced into a claim). I think town would get a bigger benefit from scum nightkilling me (rather than a more generally townread player) than it would from a player who is unlikely to be eliminated anyway becoming publicly confirmed.
scum
town
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1639, callforjudgement wrote:(PEDIT: re #)

Confirming players is beneficial to town. But letting scum know which players are confirmable is beneficial to scum (as they will know they can kill them, rather than an unconfirmed player).

Is the player in question me or RCEnigma? If not, then assuming you are correct, then the only way scum can hide the knowledge of who the confirmed player is will be to nightkill me (as I'll be able to reveal the same information tomorrow rather than toDay, or if I'm run up and forced into a claim). I think town would get a bigger benefit from scum nightkilling me (rather than a more generally townread player) than it would from a player who is unlikely to be eliminated anyway becoming publicly confirmed.
Huh
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1640, Frogsterking wrote:

Huh
..wait I got it. I feel obliged to point out that CFJ may be stalling because he is scum and will fail the mechanical test (if I understand what Gamma is doing at all.) I also believe CFJ could attempt to pass the mechanical test today at no cost to town because we already have an outed pr to eat the night kill.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1614, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1597, geraintm wrote:
I’m guessing that because I was confirmed tfn and Taylor was unconfirmed, better to get rid of her in hopes of hitting a more powered role.
In post 1597, geraintm wrote:@italiano - why are your reads on looker and enigma so different to everyone else's?
Well I strongly townread SJReaver and even though Looker has played strangely, I don’t think it’s scum play. I’ve townread RC for a while now and the hammer of Raya didn’t make me think scum (although, that seems to be the consensus). Also his fakeclaim has been shown to be his meta and is not ai.

Here are my full reads:

TOWN

geraintm
- For almost all of Day 1 and part of Day 2 I could not get a read on geraintm. Never scumread him, but couldn’t hone in a solid read. As I started to see more of his reasoning and thoughts regarding events in the gamestate and when my own interactions with him increased I began feeling better about him. Geraintm has been the ghost vote/wagon since Day 1. Coincidentally along with Looker, it’s been Gamma, callforjudgment, and Frogster.
85%

Nosferatu
- After thinking Frog and Nos were possible scum partners earlier in the day I read Nosferatu as town late in the day for seemingly backing me up when I was going after callforjudgment even though I was the leading wagon at the time. I was hoping he was town by sending him my tfn message. I know it doesn’t make sense for scum!Nos to deny receiving the message, meaning it could be faked, but based on the late Day 1 response to my wagon along with the Day 2 posting, I’m thinking pretty strongly town here.
90%

Walter
- My strongest townread out of everyone. Nothing more needs to be said here.
100%

RCEnigma
- The two things RC is being scumread for I think are NAI and other than those two things I have not seen anyone say anything that could actually be considered scummy. I’ve pretty much townread RC since late Day 1 and as I said there hasn’t been anything I have found through his ISO that I could say would be worth voting him for.
85%

Looker
- SJReaver claimed she was scum. CFJ claimed that he thought her action was more likely to come from scum then town, although his sample size was only three (). I disagreed then and I still do. I have only seen/experienced veteran, highly experienced players claim wolf while actually being wolf and that’s only been like 5 times maybe, which is also not a strong sample size. The other times I have seen it (much more often than 5) has been from regular villager or power role villager (seer, Angel, etc.). All in all I think no matter what alignment you are it’s simply a reaction test. Anyway, I’m saying all that to say:

~While it’s possible, I think/thought it was highly unlikely for scum!SJReaver to comfortably claim scum while being scum, especially being a new player.

~SJReaver as scum would not come after me as town because town!SJReaver knows I go hard after who I think is scum and would not risk getting tunneled. I don’t think , , and comes from scum!SJReaver.

I don’t really have to say anything about Looker since it’s the same slot. I haven’t seen anything that has made me think otherwise on the slot. Though I was annoyed in it wasn’t a scumread.
85%

SCUM

Frogster
- I started to allude to my suspicion of Frogster in . I wasn’t satisfied with the answers in and . I perceived them as brush off answers. Then in changes the subject to pointlessly question Looker about his username. Again in , I tried to get some type of response/reaction out of him and was again met with sarcasm (). And thus the reason for the vote in . was an elaboration of 1385. I was ready to engage with him and understand what his thoughts were, but it seemed like he had/has something to hide so I’m good with voting him out and why he’s in my lynchpool.
90%

Gamma
- I’ve scumread Gamma since Day 2. Wasn’t able to really get a good read on him Day 1 as I forgot he was in the game although he was a top 3 poster. I think he might have been second in posting iirc. Posting that much and not being memorable had me scratching my head. After doing an iso on him Day 2 he seemed very much like a possible scum slot. I said this in and then reiterated again in when I voted for him. I don’t see any changes to this read.
90%

CFJ
- I’ve been pretty suspicious of call from the beginning. His framing of events have had me scratching my head constantly. Not sure why he frames things the way he does. Sometimes in a weird way, sometimes outright false.

No one caught it but my read of callforjudgment in was a parody of Trump’s description of everything being beautiful even though it’s not (read it again in Trump’s voice). Although it was delivered as a joke, it was a true read of how I thought his posts were too perfect. Townies post and do things that look scummy all the time. Call’s post were just too perfect and to me that seemed like he was trying too hard. Since Day 1, it’s been an up and down rollercoaster when trying to read him. Recently (mid-late Day 2) he has looked more town with his responses and interactions, but then he does something () or says something () that pushes him right back into my scumpool. I do admit, however, that callforjudgment is more of a PoE read than an actual scumread at the moment.
55%
I believe you were left alive because both of your scum reads are wrong by the way.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

The 90% ones.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1636, Looker wrote:
  • Raya had better things to do.

In post 1507, RCEnigma wrote:VOTE: Raya

Don't @ me.
I feel the logical thing would be to eliminate RCEnigma today. VOTE: RCEnigma
In post 1539, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:lol Italiano he confirmed it
I agree with nos we launch rce for d3
Are you going to follow-up with this?

• CFJ is right - I picked geraintm over shelly D1
    • I had no idea who was scum.
  • I wonder if CFJ would put this much effort into posts as either alignment. I'm willing to help him kill off RCE.
  • There's a difference between survivalism/poor play and being scummy. I'm free to criticize either.
Among Us is taking up most of my time - it's mafiascum on steroids.
The stupid comes at you twice as fast lol
Well it appears heavily commercialized.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m not expecting to confirm you or RCE as Town as of now. And I take it you were told a name in the FN action you received? That seems to be your indication.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:08 pm

I really don't like what you're doing here. It feels a huge amount like rolefishing.

I think scum have probably managed to figure out what happened already (assuming that you aren't scum yourself) because you have been hinting
far too strongly
at something that should have been left secret. I hate it when claims are outed without good reason, especially with regard to which players are confirmable and/or which players have power roles.

Trying to give enough information to satisfy you without spoiling much more than you have effectively spoiled already: at some point during the game, I received an unexpected PM from the moderator that is not linked to Italiano's night action. From the way you are acting, I suspect you are aware of the PM in question. There is a third player (neither me nor you) who is also aware of the PM in question; I believe that third player is town.

There is zero town interest in the contents of the PM in question becoming publicly known right now (because it appears to have been created by a town power role that isn't currently claimed/public, and because with so many people knowing what it is, there's no chance of the information being lost, and at this point no longer any chance of me baiting scum to kill me in the hope of causing it to be lost). Obviously, scum would have quite some interest in finding out what's in the PM. Do you see why I'm so reluctant to explain in more detail? Do you see why I tried so hard to dissuade you from pushing me on this (first intentionally ignoring you, then challenging you when you pushed further)?
scum
town
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Hmm..
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: CFJ
I am no longer asking. Answer my question. You are obstructing my ability to confirm a town slot as I see it. How does knowing what the FN result PM looks like help scum? I can make conclusions already but I want to be certain.

In addition,
Italiano
, do you have any modifier to your role? You don’t have to claim what it is, but knowing yes or no will help me determine whether I can piece together the situation.
<Embrace The Void>

callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:45 pm

In post 1648, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: CFJ
I am no longer asking. Answer my question. You are obstructing my ability to confirm a town slot as I see it. How does knowing what the FN result PM looks like help scum? I can make conclusions already but I want to be certain.

In addition,
Italiano
, do you have any modifier to your role? You don’t have to claim what it is, but knowing yes or no will help me determine whether I can piece together the situation.
The literal answer to your question is "no".

Please,
please
stop rolefishing. I didn't have a scumread on you before now, but I'm getting a pretty strong scumread now.

I have a question of my own: did you receive the same PM I did? (If you aren't sure at this point, then you didn't; if you did, it will be very obvious given the information I've disclosed so far.) This answer is highly important, because it will help me figure out why you are apparently acting in such a highly anti-town way.
scum
town

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”