Mini Normal 2159 | Cinder Block Mafia | Game Over!

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:49 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1699, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1685, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:K, don't know why my quote up there has no words but k.
It showed up in the middle.
Underneath the votecount, you said "and what might those be?" or something along those lines.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:51 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1698, ItalianoVD wrote:I don’t know why I’m up so stinking early but I am. :yawn: :lol:
Alcohol causes us to wake up earlier.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1697, ItalianoVD wrote: Image

Sure, I’ll indulge you. We have plenty of time.
Great:
In post 1681, Frogsterking wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1679, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 1678, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1675, ItalianoVD wrote:I think we really need to look at this again. Is RCE scummier than Gamma?
In post 1676, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:hmm that is a good point.
Ill unvote for now.
VOTE: unvote
In post 1677, GeorgeBailey wrote:
Votecount 3.2

Gamma Emerald(3)
~ (7), (11), (30)

RCEnigma(2)
~ (1), (10)
callforjudgement(2)
~ (34), (8)
What would those be?

Not Voting (2): RCEnigma(2), (4)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-07 19:26:08)
UNVOTE: CFJ

There are 11 days to go, I'm faded, this upcoming week I will be staying in Michigan, the land of legal dispensaries, and there are methods of scum hunting which are actually useful we have not applied yet.
In roughly but not strictly chronological order:

1. Meta for behavior of both alignments for each living player, to establish a baseline from which tells can be drawn. Must be done ASAP.
2. Self-reported psychometric analysis for each living player, placing us on the continuum of each category of OCEAN. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_ ... ity_traits If anyone is not familiar with the big five traits I can provide clarification for each one.
3. Self-reported answers to: a) How often we lie each day, b) Who we tend to lie to (strangers, acquaintances, family, etc.), c) Our lifetime experience playing mafia or related "social deduction" games.

4. Our self-reported beliefs and motivations during several key moments in the game, decided by our PR, in reverse chronological order.
Spoiler:
5. Meta for behavior that appears in only one alignment for each player, or "signs" or "tells" of an alignment.
6. Analysis of the reads of every dead player.
7. Analysis of the interactions of every dead player.
8. Overall analysis of the choice of the night kill.
9. Analysis of
all
bandwagons that have occured (aka "VCA".)

Executing this plan will require all players to comply with answering the questions in steps 2, 3, and 4, and the pr to decide which moments are considered key for step 4. This means that even if a player disagrees with this approach or is choosing to lurk, they will still be able to comply with the plan in only a single post, as long as they answer the questions in 2, 3 and 4.

In order to finish each step with the appropriate depth and breadth to be effective and avoid overwhelming influence from maf in the given time frame (11 days), completing steps 1 and 5-9 will require at least four different players to participate. I will volunteer to participate.

There is also more meta information available on my playstyle I will volunteer: on epicmafia.com, after registering and searching for an account named AngryFrog, under "Recent Games" you will be able to skim read how I approach both alignments during every stage of the game, albeit a different medium of mafia, it will be more helpful than my history here which is sparse.

In addition, I will post an annotated list of references tomorrow morning or evening, which provide some evidence and/or instruction and/or inspiration on these steps I've suggested.
Please choose the key moments for players to describe for our reverse-narratives in step 4.

Then I can combine steps 2-4 into a survey which can be answered in a single post in 5 to 10 minutes. That way while we establish the baseline meta for each living player in step 1, the playerlist can respond to the survey.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:05 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Key moments:
  • RCEnigma’s second
    Claim
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:32 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

I have been constantly going over my reads and seeing if there are chances they can be wrong. I’m actually curious to do this exercise to see if it causes me to change my reads based on evidence I didn’t have or perhaps missed.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:57 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1676, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:hmm that is a good point.
Ill unvote for now.
VOTE: unvote
Quick weekend pop.
Agree would have been too quick.
Wish he came back though.
And the others would work out what they are all talking at cross purposes about.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:55 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

Looking back on italianos claim at classified.
I think it is very odd gamma has no reaction at all like she already knew that. But there is nothing there at all. It is very strange.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:49 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1706, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Looking back on italianos claim at classified.
I think it is very odd gamma has no reaction at all like she already knew that. But there is nothing there at all. It is very strange.
Something I also found strange was this...
In post 1672, Frogsterking wrote:Yeah I was having a bit of a brain poop moment. In the moment
I didn't understand how Italiano was able to get a FN off
and forgot Nos had already confirmed him.
Read the (bolded). It doesn’t read like someone who is part of the uninformed majority. To me it reads as if Frogster knew that I was supposed to be blocked from using my ability and did not understand how the tfn message got to CFJ.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:52 am

Yeah I agree
I think frog is better than gamma?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:59 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Yup
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1696, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 1695, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1692, callforjudgement wrote:Why would that prompt you to ask the questions you did, though? Tracking a player lets you see their target, but it doesn't tell you about other players with the same target; what made you reject the possibility that Italiano and someone else both targeted me?

Also, if you did decide that a non-Italiano Friendly Neighbour had targeted me, why push me to confirm that in thread? If they die N3 the information doesn't matter, and if they don't die N3 they'll be able to confirm themself to someone else. (Besides, they presumably confirmed themself to someone N1.)
Because my working theory means the other FN can’t do what you propose.

@Walter where did Italiano announce he full claimed?
Not answering this.
Will answer why you are scum in morning.
Now this is interesting.

I THOUGHT Italiano was odd night FN and Walter, my n2 track target, was even night FN. I get the feeling that isnt correct based off this response, in which case I think Walter’s chance to be scum rises a fair amount.

FYI tracked RCE N1, my thought process has been checking people somewhat visible but without claimed active powers (RCE posted the fake day vig which put him on my radar, and Walter was the neighbor of a PR so I thought maybe he might either be PR or have an action).
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Hmmm
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 1710, Gamma Emerald wrote:FYI tracked RCE N1, my thought process has been checking people somewhat visible but without claimed active powers (RCE posted the fake day vig which put him on my radar, and Walter was the neighbor of a PR so I thought maybe he might either be PR or have an action).
I believe this statement. I also, however, think it's pretty much an admission that you're a scum Tracker, not a town Tracker.

What sort of town Tracker thinks "hmm, maybe such and such a player is a power role, let's track them to see what their role is like" rather than "hmm, maybe such and such a player is scum flying under the radar, let's track them to see if I can catch them performing the nightkill"? The thought process you've described is pretty much the thought process that scum would go through when deciding upon a Tracker target, and doesn't make much sense as town.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:03 pm

In post 1712, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 1710, Gamma Emerald wrote:FYI tracked RCE N1, my thought process has been checking people somewhat visible but without claimed active powers (RCE posted the fake day vig which put him on my radar, and Walter was the neighbor of a PR so I thought maybe he might either be PR or have an action).
I believe this statement. I also, however, think it's pretty much an admission that you're a scum Tracker, not a town Tracker.

What sort of town Tracker thinks "hmm, maybe such and such a player is a power role, let's track them to see what their role is like" rather than "hmm, maybe such and such a player is scum flying under the radar, let's track them to see if I can catch them performing the nightkill"? The thought process you've described is pretty much the thought process that scum would go through when deciding upon a Tracker target, and doesn't make much sense as town.
I agree.
VOTE: Gamma
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

playing Among Us might be messing with my head, but I also recall seeing a similar thought process in another game that I was trying to emulate
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Hmm...from what I know the tracker’s role can’t be confirmed unless flipped.

I’m not that well versed in all the roles and I’m not sure how you’d balance them out.

Tracker??, tfnn, and pt cop vs. goon/roleblocker??/ascetic??
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

That’s L-1 Walter.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

so you're explicitly confimring my theory is wrong, and you and walter arent' odd and even night FNs?
<Embrace The Void>

GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 3.3

Gamma Emerald(4)
~ (7), (19), (36), (15)

RCEnigma(2)
~ (2), (11)
callforjudgement(1)
~ (15)

Not Voting (2): (40), RCEnigma(2)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-07 19:26:08)
GeorgeBailey
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Why would a townie even need to know Italiano's schedule? Either he's confirmed or he isn't (in this case, he's confirmed). So at this point, any further Friendly Neighbour actions he has are effectively Fruit Vendor actions (i.e. they're visible to the recipient but no additional information is gained); and seeing as he's confirmed, he can use them as he likes.

Knowing Italiano's schedule would only be useful to eliminate possibilities in which Italiano were scum, but those possibilities have been eliminated anyway.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:10 pm

As for reading Walter based on night actions, I recommend Walter claims to Italiano (if he hasn't already) via the Neighbour PT, and Italiano can work things out from there. There's no reason for information about town power roles to be public, especially when there's a confirmed townie who can make use of the information.
scum
town
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1717, Gamma Emerald wrote:so you're explicitly confimring my theory is wrong, and you and walter arent' odd and even night FNs?
You’re asking “I won’t confirm yet” to answer your question?

GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

RCEnigma has been prodded!
GeorgeBailey
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Looker »

• Poor RCE.

In post 1706, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Looking back on italianos claim at classified.
What reaction would you expect?
In post 1710, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1696, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 1695, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1692, callforjudgement wrote:Why would that prompt you to ask the questions you did, though? Tracking a player lets you see their target, but it doesn't tell you about other players with the same target; what made you reject the possibility that Italiano and someone else both targeted me?

Also, if you did decide that a non-Italiano Friendly Neighbour had targeted me, why push me to confirm that in thread? If they die N3 the information doesn't matter, and if they don't die N3 they'll be able to confirm themself to someone else. (Besides, they presumably confirmed themself to someone N1.)
Because my working theory means the other FN can’t do what you propose.

@Walter where did Italiano announce he full claimed?
Not answering this.
Will answer why you are scum in morning.

Now this is interesting.

I THOUGHT Italiano was odd night FN and Walter, my n2 track target, was even night FN. I get the feeling that isnt correct based off this response, in which case I think Walter’s chance to be scum rises a fair amount.

FYI tracked RCE N1, my thought process has been checking people somewhat visible but without claimed active powers (RCE posted the fake day vig which put him on my radar, and Walter was the neighbor of a PR so I thought maybe he might either be PR or have an action).
So Italiano sent a Friendly Neighbor message to Nosferatu (who confirmed) on N1, and then you tracked WaltertheDunce to Italiano on N2? Then, instead of claiming, Walter voted you? Is this correct?

VOTE: callforjudgement
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:03 am

Post by geraintm »

@looker
In post 1691, Gamma Emerald wrote:I tracked someone to you last night. It was not Italiano. As such I’m figuring it was someone else who is also FN.
Italiano, if you’re comfortable, I’d like if you could specify your full role, because I think the puzzle will snap into place with that information.

FYI I’m not revealing anything I wouldn’t reveal at the end of this process anyways.
I believe the you in this is CFJ.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”