Micro 968: Your Nightmare (But 4 Scarier)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.6

Gamma Emerald (3): , , ,
Dongempire (1): ,
Umlaut (1): ,
Kerset (1): ,
Sirius9121 (0):
Aristophanes (0):
Lost (0):
Random Canadian (0):
PookyTheMagicalBear (0):

No Elimination (0):

Not Voting (3): Aristophanes, , ,

The Deadline for Day 1 is in 7 days on September 30th, in (expired on 2020-09-30 12:00:00).

With 9 Alive, it will take 5 to force someone to succumb to their fear.
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 211, Donempire wrote:
In post 201, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 181, Donempire wrote:
In post 177, Gamma Emerald wrote:This game has the intelligence of the average Among Us public game
And all your posts decrease the average intelligence further. How about something usefull? Are you only pushing me based on that one post?
We’re still “in RVS” as you seem to have put it, so I made a move to change that. My logic against you isn’t exactly flawless but I think it’s fair
I dont like speeding up getting out of rvs either. If we dont have enough info, or there are still a considerable amount of players that didnt play, then getting out of rvs will slow the game to a critical halt, like what happened in that newbie game i mentioned. (and i probably should link at this point, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84016) There are a few reasons for this. For one, people that didnt participate in rvs dont feel like jumping right into an ongoing discussion with no info or holding any stance. Number two, lack of information and pushing on flimsy stuff seriously burns out quickly and since the inactives cant further fuel the discussion, it dies out and scum get to lurk out the phase as no one has a reason or way to non artificially push or case anyone.
So you essentially felt like the game was stagnant for reasons out of control, or more specifically, reasons you didn't feel like you should interfere with. I think that's about fair
UNVOTE:
I think Canadian may be onto something, but I'll see if I can't form an opinion for myself regarding Kerset first
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 217, Sirius9121 wrote:FYI ‘boop’ is declaring my presence so people who have questions directed at me can ask
I like this idea but it's also a good cover if scum to set up quickhammers in ExLo
Is there any way to insulate for that possibility?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 223, Random Canadian wrote:I don't like Kerset's play so far. Sheeping the thinking on Gamma and then a post that seems to trying to appear town by not hammering to have people be active. Kerset comments on the usefulness of Sirius's posts, when most of their's haven't been all that useful either.
VOTE: Kerset
Baaa.

My recollection of Gamma says that if he's immediately suspect, he's usually town. Not sure how well that meta holds up a few years later but it makes me hesitate there.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 227, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 217, Sirius9121 wrote:FYI ‘boop’ is declaring my presence so people who have questions directed at me can ask
I like this idea but it's also a good cover if scum to set up quickhammers in ExLo
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

No...? How is it a stretch to suggest that could be setting that up to be excused?
<Embrace The Void>

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 223, Random Canadian wrote:I don't like Kerset's play so far. Sheeping the thinking on Gamma and then a post that seems to trying to appear town by not hammering to have people be active. Kerset comments on the usefulness of Sirius's posts, when most of their's haven't been all that useful either.
So by your logic hammering is what town would do? You are not even trying to make sense
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Kerset »

What was your breakfast?
giv me pagetop :(
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Donempire »

Re:canadian
I doubt it. I thought the gamma wagon was for the memes and to continue the rvs. I didnt think it was opportunistic, and i still dont think it is.
Now 186 would be offputting if he said it without any reason, but sirius was asking kerset directly, so i dont see why him responding to it by saying no means hes scum? I dont really follow your logic, but i might be misunderstanding you.
And i see kersets post on sirius as more of a friendly jab than it is anything alignment indicative.

Instead, we should focus on aristo. He was pretty chatty before role pms, but flaked after a few posts.

158 was pretty bad. It seemed like a post feigning ignorance, and basically a fluff post. I'll probably expand on this tomorrow cause i cant think straight rn
In a similar vein 189 and 204 dont add anything and dont try to. They are there just to have his name pop up occasionally, and dont achieve or help achieve anything. Basically fluffposting.
VOTE: Ari
I'm fine with a lynch on this slot, or a fear claim.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

In post 232, Kerset wrote:
What was your breakfast?
I posted that at 10.48 pm last night, no breakfast =-
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 233, Donempire wrote:Re:canadian
I doubt it. I thought the gamma wagon was for the memes and to continue the rvs. I didnt think it was opportunistic, and i still dont think it is.
Now 186 would be offputting if he said it without any reason, but sirius was asking kerset directly, so i dont see why him responding to it by saying no means hes scum? I dont really follow your logic, but i might be misunderstanding you.
And i see kersets post on sirius as more of a friendly jab than it is anything alignment indicative.

Instead, we should focus on aristo. He was pretty chatty before role pms, but flaked after a few posts.

158 was pretty bad. It seemed like a post feigning ignorance, and basically a fluff post. I'll probably expand on this tomorrow cause i cant think straight rn
In a similar vein 189 and 204 dont add anything and dont try to. They are there just to have his name pop up occasionally, and dont achieve or help achieve anything. Basically fluffposting.
Ari has a bad habit of inconsistent activity as both alignments
I'm not going along with this rn
<Embrace The Void>

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:47 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.7

Kerset (2): , ,
Gamma Emerald (1): , ,
Umlaut (1): ,
Aristophanes (1): ,
Dongempire (0):
Sirius9121 (0):
Lost (0):
Random Canadian (0):
PookyTheMagicalBear (0):

No Elimination (0):

Not Voting (3): Aristophanes, , ,

The Deadline for Day 1 is in 7 days on September 30th, in (expired on 2020-09-30 12:00:00).

With 9 Alive, it will take 5 to force someone to succumb to their fear.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Jingle »

Prodding Aristophanes.
This is a Parachute.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Donempire »

CIA: Dr. Pavel, I'm CIA.

Masketta Man: He wasn't alone.

CIA: Uh, you don't get to bring friends.

Dr. Pavel: They're not my friends.

Masketta Man: Don't worry, no charge for them.

CIA: And why would I want them?

Masketta Man: They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary... the masked man.

CIA: Bane? Get 'em on board, I'll call it in.

CIA: The Flight Plan I just filled with the Agency lists me, my men, and Dr. Pavel here but only one of you!

CIA: FIRST ONE TO TALK GETS TO STAY ON MY AIRCRAFT!

CIA: WHO PAID YOU TO GRAB DR. PAVEL?

CIA: HE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD! WHO WANTS TO TRY NEXT?

CIA: TELL ME ABOUT BANE! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?

CIA: LOT OF LOYALTY FOR A HIRED GUN!

Bane: Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane...

CIA: At least you can talk, who are you?

Bane: It doesn't matter who we are... What matters is our plan.

Bane: No one cared who I was 'till I put on the mask.

CIA: If I pull that off will you die?

Bane: It would be extremely painfull...

CIA: You're a big guy!

Bane: For you.

CIA: Was getting caught part of your plan?

Bane: Of course!

Bane: Dr. Pavel refused our offer in favor of yours, we had to find out what he told you.

Dr. Pavel: Nothing! I said nothing!

CIA: Well congratulations, you got yourself caught!

Sir: Sir?

CIA: Now what's the next step of your master plan?

Bane: Crashing this plane... WITH NO SURVIVORS!!!!!!

Dr. Pavel: [Incoherent screaming] AAAAAAAHHH STAY AWAY, MY ARM!!!! OH HAH!!! NOOOOOLAN BRAVO! OH HAAAAAAAH! [More incoherent screaming]

Bane: No! They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother!

Juan: Have we started the fire?

Bane: Yes! The fire rises!

Dr. Pavel: [Incoherent screaming]

Bane: Calm down, Doctor. Now is not the time for fear... That comes later!
Formerly Dongempire
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:19 am

Post by Lost »

scum have daychat, he would boop in there
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Lost »

In post 233, Donempire wrote:Instead, we should focus on aristo. He was pretty chatty before role pms, but flaked after a few posts.

ehhh ari's posting looks more of actual inability to post rather than trying to coast as scum.

no reason for him to need to coast now either, despite being 10 pages in i think we're still light on content and pushes. while i'm not approaching it from gamma's meta-ish perspective, i do think ari's activity isn't alignment indicative at this point
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Lost »

right now i'm at

wont vote:
Sirius912
Gamma Emerald
Kerset
Dongempire
Random Canadian

will vote:
Umlaut
PookyTheMagicalBear
Aristophanes**
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Lost »

contemplated voting for umlaut just to have my vote down but my list is pretty townhunted PoE so i'm just gna hold my vote for now
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Lost »

i like 233, hope rc and uma both respond to it
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 241, Lost wrote:right now i'm at

wont vote:
Sirius912
Gamma Emerald
Kerset
Dongempire
Random Canadian

will vote:
Umlaut
PookyTheMagicalBear
Aristophanes**
I understand most of these, but why not vote sirius? I thought he and pooky were similar content wise. Gamma is also concerning me, i didnt like that he pushed, and then quickly retracted, and i'd like to know why you wont vote for him.

What do you think of forcing ari to claim his fear and lynch someone else? Might as well use the duo lynch we have
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Donempire »

I think umlaut rolled town here. He seems much calmer and open than the last game i played with him where he was scum. To add, his voting pattern of constantly moving around but doing so cohesively further cements this read for me.
Kerset is always town.
From what i gather, lost seems pretty towny as well. I disagreed with most of what they said but their reasoning isnt faulty, and i sense that ever since he came out of hibernation to play everything he did was clearly town motivated and worked to drive the game forward.
Im scum, but since i carried so many games for town, you'll let me win :)

These are all the reads im confident on. That leaves 4.
Out of these 4, im most confident in a gamma/sirius scumteam.
Firstly, i doubt a aristo/sirius pairing is viable. 159 seems too obvious for that to be the case. Along with that, i doubt sirius would be this chatty without his scum partner in the wings to prop him up, since most of what he posted was fluff and in a situation where he gets dogpiled on because of that aristo wouldnt have saved him.
Pooky is a different case. I think hes just having fun, which while not town indicative, does mean hes flailing around aimlessly = no agenda. Im fine on differing thoughts here, but the next two im more convinced on.
Sirius' playstyle is different since we last played, and u see a few reasons for that.
Firstlt, he seems more active yet he doesnt seem to be playing proactively. Most of his posts are repeating or referencing things other people have said, like the gamma/umlaut team meme or pointing out gammas at l-2. These are fluff posts in essence but make it seem like sirius is probing people when in reality hes asking the safest questions and proposing the safest solutions.
His relation to gamma is also interesting. Starts off saying his vote on him is suspicious, doesnt go into further detail and neber brings it up again. Logically this could only be distancing, further amplified bygamma straight up ignoring this. However, he did post between that asking kerset if he wants to hammer and whatnot. I doubt he was expecting a yes, and probably wanted to test the waters and see the opinion on gamma in general.
Responding to aristo, he also says the scumteam is gamma/umlautz which is even more distancing. Consider that he made 0 pushes on gamma and has him confscum based on us wagoning him. I doubt he believed this, which is why he avoided making a case, and he probably thought a lynch wouldnt go through evident by his sitting on a wagon and probing people.

Gamma! I actually have less to say on this spot than i initially thought, but i'll try my best.
His push on me felt weird from the start. Like i said, what he accused me of doing was correct, and exhibited by most of the players.
See, 203 sounds good in practice. Its only logical to vote who you saw shit the bed first. Problem is, there are only two bed shitters. If your premise for finding someone suspicious is present in 4 or 5 more people then either that is an incomplete premise or misguided. Either way, it doesnt make sense to keep your vote on me with that kind of reasoning.
The whole case however was curious not because of what he said but how he did. Despite pushing me on one thing he was quite aggressive and confident, which i dont see as reasonable unless you were pushing with intent to gain info, which was still obvious and if i were scum it wouldnt budge me. What was he reason for this push then?
I actually cant speak too confidently on this one. I have a few ideas, but gamma would have both town and scum motivation to start a push on me, and i cant speak confidently with only a few posts to go off off.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Donempire »

Here, then, i see three possibilities.

One is where its a gamma/sirius team for the reasons i mentioned. This makes sense to me as sirius' play around gamma seems like distancing and his gameplay today seemed more focused on entrenching himself into the discussion while not poking the hive too hard by bringing up controversial opinions, in that regard pushing gamma would be perfect as the backlash is guarenteed to be moderated or non existent as his partner.
Gammas case felt weak and was more interested in presentation, and i didnt like him giving up on casing anyone else even after admitting most of everyone was doing the same thing i was. His reads are blurry and its hard to say where he stands on, which i cant say for most of my townreads.

The other possibility is an aristo/?? team. I dont think pooky rolls scum here, as if he has he distanced himself exquisitely because i cant find anything artificial in his interactions. If we assume sirius is town, and we assume that he was trying to conjure up activity with his shenanigans, then the gamma connection is severed. In that case, aristo is the second most likely candidate. I didnt give him a partner because not only am i not confident in a scum!ari scenario, i cant pair him up with anyone because of his activity. RC seems like the best pairing and even he doesnt fit as well as gamma/sirius does. For all intents this is a backup scenario, and im feeling better on the former scumteam i suggested.

VOTE: Sirius
2 days left, so if we can get a claim from gamma and off sirius, i think we can win d1
Formerly Dongempire
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:41 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 241, Lost wrote:wont vote:
Sirius912
Gamma Emerald
Kerset
Dongempire
Random Canadian
explain this part
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Donempire »

In '87, Huey released this
Fore! Their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should! Because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself! Hey Paul!
Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now, you stupid bastard!
You fucking bastard!
Formerly Dongempire
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 239, Lost wrote:
scum have daychat, he would boop in there
Huh
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”