Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:04 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 2525, Battle Mage wrote:I've decided, there are too many weaker players to risk not fully claiming at this point, as I could get elimmed for the lols at any moment. Plus when i started typing this, I was aiming for a sweet pagetop.

I am hereby claiming a confirmable town power role. I.e. I can mechanically confirm myself as town.

So yeah, elimming me today would be....very dumb.
okaaaaaay cool

VOTE: duppin

see noraa im right, BM is GREEN
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:06 am

Post by duppin »

In post 2573, shellyc wrote:
In post 2508, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You're literally the scummiest player alive in this game and if you'd pull something like claiming a cop guilty on your scum teammate to buss again i wouldn't believe a word of it.
Luckily this is day 1 and you're the elimination today so that won't be a problem.
so this game just became norway + Noraa vs BM

I kinda want to consider scum partners norway+Noraa here
i dont see why they would both try to defend me if they were partners, i mean unless we are all 3 scumbuddies but in that case it would be an even riskier play i think
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:09 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 2543, duppin wrote:well he claims to be a pr that can confirm himself which i am unsure what to think of. its a very vague claim and i am unsure as to what he means with confirming himself
I can think of a few roles
IC, TFN, vigi?

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:10 am

Post by duppin »

In post 2577, shellyc wrote:
In post 2543, duppin wrote:well he claims to be a pr that can confirm himself which i am unsure what to think of. its a very vague claim and i am unsure as to what he means with confirming himself
I can think of a few roles
IC, TFN, vigi?
there are several roles that's not the point, the point was more so that i am not sure what he means by confirming himself because some roles might only confirm that he has a specific ability/role but not his alignment
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:13 am

Post by shellyc »

isn’t he claiming to be a confirmable TPR???

like something like neighbouriser is confirmable PR. something like IC is confirmable TPR and that’s different @BM can you clarify

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:14 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 2576, duppin wrote:i dont see why they would both try to defend me if they were partners, i mean unless we are all 3 scumbuddies but in that case it would be an even riskier play i think
hmmmmmmm

Norways push on BM sticks out, I kinda think noraaaaaaa might be fixated town and norway jumping the gun with noraa to get a BM lim

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:25 am

Post by duppin »

okay tbh once again i am honestly going to be honest since honesty is important

no okay but seriously i have to leave in a couple of hours and wont be back till tomorrow so i just want to make it very clear that I am town and I find this incredibly frustrating and actually not very enjoyable. I am supposed to defend myself against absolutely nothing.
He refuses to present a case on me so not only is it impossible for me to get a proper read on him but it's also a waste of time trying to engage him since he has already admitted that he is just tunneling at this point.

He has not provided a single actual reason for why he believes i am suspicious. He claims my ISO is so scummy that he apparatenly can't even make a case and that me saying I am honest is so incredibly scummy even though I clearly do it as either alignment so it means absoloutely nothing plus he also doesnt want to back up why he thinks it would even be a scumtell even though he suggests he often catches players like this.

i am sure someone will claim this is me being scum being frustrated at being caught by virtually nothing but no thats not the case, this is town me being frustrated by a really awful push. no reasons given, refuses to provide explanations when engaged, if i get mislimmed today then id tell town to be very wary of the players doing a 180 on me due to this push, if a town does a 180 on me then shame on them honestly thats just poor play
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:28 am

Post by duppin »

and also it hurts me to say this but if i do get mislimmed i dont want people to automatically lim BM tomorrow even if he fails to prove himself in the night (obviously depends on his claim, but he could be roleblocked and whatever if he is town) because there is a chance he is just being a bad townie at the moment. just to clarify i am not saying him scumreading me makes him a bad townie, i am saying his tunneling, refusal to explain and sticking to awful reasoning is what makes him a bad townie if he is town
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2567, duppin wrote:
In post 2562, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2555, duppin wrote: but I have already shared my reads and listed my townblock but given that i think is suspicious for someone to do a 180 on me given the case you have presented i think it would be misleading for me to potentially townread a slot especially since im going to flip town if you mislim me
i mean this feels like an argument for you scumreading Norweg, but you haven't been so bold....yet.
Because this is just happening and I prefer to give him the chance to explain himself
I mean you're better off giving town an alternative aren't you? I'm pretty cool with competing Norweg and duppin wagons to give us a bit more info. At least part of your issue currently is there isn't any viable option other than flipping you.

I think Norweg's behaviour towards you - initially defending hard, then voting to see if it would go anywhere, then backtracking when it didn't immediately result in an elim, could arguably be seen as a bit scummy. Especially if you're town perhaps.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2582, duppin wrote:and also it hurts me to say this but if i do get mislimmed i dont want people to automatically lim BM tomorrow even if he fails to prove himself in the night (obviously depends on his claim, but he could be roleblocked and whatever if he is town) because there is a chance he is just being a bad townie at the moment. just to clarify i am not saying him scumreading me makes him a bad townie, i am saying his tunneling, refusal to explain and sticking to awful reasoning is what makes him a bad townie if he is town
I'm not being a bad townie dude. I have a suspicion, I'm pushing it through. Even if I'm wrong, according to your definition there are others in this game who have also been "bad townies" for pushing people without putting forward a case which can be refuted (like, everybody who suspected me for starters).

I can definitely concede I'm not being the most virile version of BM here. So let's just leave it there, rather than throwing shade.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2581, duppin wrote:okay tbh once again i am honestly going to be honest since honesty is important

no okay but seriously i have to leave in a couple of hours and wont be back till tomorrow so i just want to make it very clear that I am town and I find this incredibly frustrating and actually not very enjoyable. I am supposed to defend myself against absolutely nothing.
He refuses to present a case on me so not only is it impossible for me to get a proper read on him but it's also a waste of time trying to engage him since he has already admitted that he is just tunneling at this point.

He has not provided a single actual reason for why he believes i am suspicious. He claims my ISO is so scummy that he apparatenly can't even make a case and that me saying I am honest is so incredibly scummy even though I clearly do it as either alignment so it means absoloutely nothing plus he also doesnt want to back up why he thinks it would even be a scumtell even though he suggests he often catches players like this.

i am sure someone will claim this is me being scum being frustrated at being caught by virtually nothing but no thats not the case, this is town me being frustrated by a really awful push. no reasons given, refuses to provide explanations when engaged, if i get mislimmed today then id tell town to be very wary of the players doing a 180 on me due to this push, if a town does a 180 on me then shame on them honestly thats just poor play
Although i admire the effort and emotion, you'd be better off spending your time actually making a case on somebody you think is scum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2575, shellyc wrote:
In post 2525, Battle Mage wrote:I've decided, there are too many weaker players to risk not fully claiming at this point, as I could get elimmed for the lols at any moment. Plus when i started typing this, I was aiming for a sweet pagetop.

I am hereby claiming a confirmable town power role. I.e. I can mechanically confirm myself as town.

So yeah, elimming me today would be....very dumb.
okaaaaaay cool

VOTE: duppin

see noraa im right, BM is GREEN
woop woop!

can we get some readslists up in this place?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2569, shellyc wrote:
In post 2493, Battle Mage wrote:if you're town shelly, you're good town. I respect that.
thanks and no offence but noraaaaaa is bad town sometimes, like how is going against the consensus + following the consensus both scum!AI?
no offence taken! :)
In post 2570, duppin wrote:
In post 2560, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 2551, duppin wrote:
In post 2533, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: Duppin
Well the spotlight is now on you.

Looking forward to an response.
actually I had not even noticed you had voted on me yet, so could you explain this? you townread me and scumread his slot, he presents a meta read on me that you refute yet you still vote me
He claimed he would be confirmed PR. That puts the pressure on him, if you flip town and he can't prove his role tommorow he is likely confirmed scum.
but we don't know how he could confirm himself. he can just claim he was roleblocked and perhaps it is even true. As I said if you mislim me today I don't want you to automatically lim him no matter how awful his play is today just because of my flip, but yes you should definitely be wary of him.
Anywho does this mean that you want to lim be even though you are townreading just because of his soft claim?
awful play? damn man, you're making it hard for me to like you. i think being wary of me is fine. i'm not going to say anything further about my role - less info for scum is definitely better in the circumcision.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:50 am

Post by shellyc »

sure BM, reads lists are the best
shellyc - 100% sure of town
Tayl0r Swift BM - 90% sure of town
Hectic bugspray - 75% sure of town
davesaz Redados - 60% sure of town
Noraa UNOwen - 60% sure of scum
Mundivore NorwegianboyEE 75% sure of scum
PlusJOYED duppin 85% sure of scum

pedit: I was talking about noraa

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:51 am

Post by shellyc »

I didn’t mean to make the font so big lmao

but small correction: I want to put mundivore at something like 65% sure of scum

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

This is a really frustrating game because most of my scumreads have been PR's and most other viable wagons seem like town to me.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:53 am

Post by shellyc »

this is a better looking readslist
shellyc - 100% sure of town

Tayl0r Swift BM - 90% sure of town

Hectic bugspray - 75% sure of town

davesaz Redados - 60% sure of town

Noraa UNOwen - 60% sure of scum

Mundivore - 65% sure of scum

NorwegianboyEE 75% sure of scum

PlusJOYED duppin 85% sure of scum

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:53 am

Post by duppin »

In post 2583, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2567, duppin wrote:
In post 2562, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2555, duppin wrote: but I have already shared my reads and listed my townblock but given that i think is suspicious for someone to do a 180 on me given the case you have presented i think it would be misleading for me to potentially townread a slot especially since im going to flip town if you mislim me
i mean this feels like an argument for you scumreading Norweg, but you haven't been so bold....yet.
Because this is just happening and I prefer to give him the chance to explain himself
I mean you're better off giving town an alternative aren't you? I'm pretty cool with competing Norweg and duppin wagons to give us a bit more info. At least part of your issue currently is there isn't any viable option other than flipping you.

I think Norweg's behaviour towards you - initially defending hard, then voting to see if it would go anywhere, then backtracking when it didn't immediately result in an elim, could arguably be seen as a bit scummy. Especially if you're town perhaps.
but there are alternatives like plus, mundivore, redados and whatever. I think these are all better alternatives to Norwee.
I don't want competing wagons between me and Norwee because while agree with you that what he did was a bad look I still find his overall play to be town. I also definitely don't want you to control who the competing wagons should be because as I said your reads seem to be almost opposite mine, you just replaced in so you havent been able to read the game and eveyrone properly yet, you havent really explained any of your reads plus you believe i am the "most obvious scum ever". Why should I have any faith in your reads at this point no matter what your alignment is?
In post 2584, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2582, duppin wrote:and also it hurts me to say this but if i do get mislimmed i dont want people to automatically lim BM tomorrow even if he fails to prove himself in the night (obviously depends on his claim, but he could be roleblocked and whatever if he is town) because there is a chance he is just being a bad townie at the moment. just to clarify i am not saying him scumreading me makes him a bad townie, i am saying his tunneling, refusal to explain and sticking to awful reasoning is what makes him a bad townie if he is town
I'm not being a bad townie dude. I have a suspicion, I'm pushing it through. Even if I'm wrong, according to your definition there are others in this game who have also been "bad townies" for pushing people without putting forward a case which can be refuted (like, everybody who suspected me for starters).

I can definitely concede I'm not being the most virile version of BM here. So let's just leave it there, rather than throwing shade.
I disagree. If you are town then i genuinely think you are being a bad townie. As I said I don't think you are being a bad townie by scumreading or pushing on me, I think you are being a bad townie because you refuse to explain your read on me. Like I said if you are so dead set on me being scum yet don't want to present a case on me, then it would make way more sense for you to try to convince people i am scum by making an actual case. You already claimed you have read my whole ISO and if I am the most obvious scum you have ever seen surely it would be simple for you to point out what you think makes me scum. Add to the fact that if you are town then you are essentially tunneling hard on another townie but refusing to work with him by not trying to explain your logic or reasoning which would help me and everyone else get a better read on you. It comes across as you trying to push through a lim by claiming pr - the only reasons Norwee and and shelly voted on me was because of your pr claim, not because of your actual case. It's just bad play overall in my opinion because youre not really getting people to take actual stances, not trying to engage, not trying to open for discussion but just telling people to sheep you because of "your gut" (which is wrong) because you claim you can confirm yourself as PR. It is day 1, I really stand by my statement that if you are town then I think you are being a bad town at the moment
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:54 am

Post by shellyc »

lets do a popcorn giving readslists

@duppin your turn, take as long as you’d like, im off with some RL stuff for half an hour

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2571, shellyc wrote:
In post 2499, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I just showed you he uses the word "honestly" regardless of alignment, it's just a word he likes to use.
That tell clearly isn't appropriate to use when reading him.
fwiw one of the scum traits is over explanation so I can see how the word “honestly” pings that way
yeah, and it's just a bit of a slip - scum can comment honestly on something when they are responding 'out of character' and not in their evil dishonest game persona. There's lots of other similar ones. Overuse of 'emphasis' words like "really" and "absolutely" is generally a good indicator that somebody is either scum or overly emotive town, but you can usefully meta that one to see if it's part of their character. Use of pretext or subtext to justify a vote (i.e. being too worried about getting called out for naked voting) can be scummy too. Generally, his approach has been very cautious, and he's taken every opportunity to try and portray himself as town in a way which doesn't seem genuine. The push on Saudade for ages didn't read great to me - it occupied a lot of his posting, but he didn't push it that hard (and Saudade was lurker town and probably qualifies as LHF).
Show

Nightkilled - 10

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:56 am

Post by duppin »

In post 2585, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2581, duppin wrote:okay tbh once again i am honestly going to be honest since honesty is important

Although i admire the effort and emotion, you'd be better off spending your time actually making a case on somebody you think is scum.
but this is why ive been trying to solve your slot but you refuse to explain your reads giving me nothing to work with.

I've listed my reads and my current vote is on Plus. I think plus is suspicious, I think you are but your claim makes me not want to vote on you today, I still find redados suspicious but he isn't around and I think mundivore is suspicious as well
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2572, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I mostly just wanted to see how you would respond to the pressure Duppin. Since BM seemed so convinced on you.
But his case is really bad.
UNVOTE:
In post 2574, NorwegianboyEE wrote:BM i had hoped you would have more than "yeah gut scum on Duppin, he playing really well though"
pretty scummy my dude.
In post 2573, shellyc wrote:
In post 2508, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You're literally the scummiest player alive in this game and if you'd pull something like claiming a cop guilty on your scum teammate to buss again i wouldn't believe a word of it.
Luckily this is day 1 and you're the elimination today so that won't be a problem.
so this game just became norway + Noraa vs BM

I kinda want to consider scum partners norway+Noraa here
I don't think Noraa is scum. If she is, I think I find her even more baffling than I already do. Norweg is definitely on my radar.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2596, Battle Mage wrote:pretty scummy my dude.
YOUR CASE IS SHIT
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2595, duppin wrote:
In post 2585, Battle Mage wrote:

but this is why ive been trying to solve your slot but you refuse to explain your reads giving me nothing to work with.

I've listed my reads and my current vote is on Plus. I think plus is suspicious, I think you are but your claim makes me not want to vote on you today, I still find redados suspicious but he isn't around and I think mundivore is suspicious as well
mate you dont need to solve my slot, I'm town, and I think that ship has sailed for today anyway. Assume I'm town, and work with that.

I'd be happy to look at a mundivore case from you?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Literally the only reason i haven't been death tunneling you right now is your PR claim BM. Don't test my patience.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”