Micro 974: The Last of the Red-Horned Dung Beetles (Borked)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 570, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 569, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 565, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 563, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:Wrt to the bolded, is that a typo or are you just being facetious?
im always dead serious. do you not find SS to be scummy?
Well, he’s the mod so . . . :lol:
well thats what he wants us to think. perfect fake-claim for scum, innit?
Yeah, let’s powerexecute S_S, I’m game. Lmao

~M
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Bunno »

Ok I thought there was small possibility norwe was writing a massive wall about how I'm being a jerk, not letting him play, constantly shading him, etc

or a massive wall about his frustations, thought process in the game, etc

which would,

Ultimately lead to a scenario where we could make up if I was misreading him but I'm beginning to be very convinced he's officially giving up in this game and if you don't vote him you should consider it a sin in your scum hunting record.
Churros aka Volpe aka Nibbui aka Fumuki
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:56 am

In post 571, Taly wrote:
Herta
and
SM
are two players that have consistently battled this game and your reads imply they are TvT, what posts have led to this conclusion?
+1

Yeah, my thoughts here exactly and he never explained this.

~M
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

well its 1am in norweeland, norwee could be asleeping or just doing something else. why do you assume norwee is avoiding the thread?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

U know it's like 00:56 where i live right. I'm 2 tired to write a wall and was actually considering going to sleep.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Bunno »

he literally came to thread when I was asking him a pretty important question (I'm almost winning this game by now and he should stop me if he thinks I'm scum), but rather than doing anything he just left(?) the thread

Even if as town he hadn't realized he should stop me, I feel like he should be attempting something now that I explained how I'm gonna win as scum to him, but still...

I feel like this is a "yes please get over with this already" signal from him. Idk how to interpret it other than that.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

im a psychic
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 579, NorwegianboyEE wrote:U know it's like 00:56 where i live right. I'm 2 tired to write a wall and was actually considering going to sleep.
I understand it's a bad time but I feel like, you would have at least replied to people if you were town norwe :'/
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Taly »

In post 574, Herta wrote:I'm getting bad vibes from Bunno on this Norwee push too.
What is your take on my
Norwe
push?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 581, Tayl0r Swift wrote:im a psychic
you aren't

he's here

he's reading the thread as he just posted

but he's not really doing anything to oppose me...
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:59 am

In post 572, Herta wrote:
In post 327, bugspray wrote:
In post 323, Bunno wrote:
In post 320, bugspray wrote:pedit
i didnt read any taly posts and skimmed most of yours because a lot of them just were too thick with content i didn't find useful
translation:

You aren't reading the game, neither my posts, but think I'm scum.

I don't use this often, I find it not cool, but you're genuinely dumb or obvious scum.
translation:
You've seen through all of the useless filler posts I've made as scum and know that I'm scum.

I'm really desperate to ruin your credibility but I'm resorting to ad hominem arguments also lmao ur scum

pedit: your tldr needs a tldr
Bugs was writing their translation from a scum!bunno POV. It's easy to see. Just put quotes around the translation part written by Bugs:

"You've seen through all of the useless filler posts I've made as scum and know that I'm scum.

I'm really desperate to ruin your credibility but I'm resorting to ad hominem arguments also lmao ur scum"

Further evidence: Who is the one who resorted to ad hominem? Bunno. Bugs had no reason to put anything about ad hominem in there -- Bugs never used ad hominem.

Even further evidence: The common tactic of mirroring, in this case using "translation" followed by two lines, both ending with the word "scum." The first line is an accusatory statement, and the second is personalized. It's quite poetic really.

The "and" "or" means nothing.

Town!Bunno should have pointed this out because I know very little escapes Bunno.
I’m sorry, I’m still not getting any of this?

~M
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:02 pm

In post 574, Herta wrote:I'm getting bad vibes from Bunno on this Norwee push too.
Why? At least his reasons aren’t totally NAI like yours is on me. Well, it isn’t exactly a push but a bad take, so I don’t think you’re really in a position to criticize.

~M
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 437, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:Also @Herta, you didn’t answer the OTHER half of my question.

~M
What was the other half?
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 435, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 432, Herta wrote:
In post 403, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 397, Herta wrote:
In post 296, Bunno wrote:Actually

VOTE: Norwe

I dunno if bug is scum or just weird, but norwe is sus atm.

It's not the main reason, but notice how he says he's curious about my mech solve, but when we begin discussing it he just vanishes. He was posting elsewhere meanwhile by the way.

I doubt that if he was really curious he wouldn't read and comment on it a bit later, he was online multiple times since that post.

Norwe's opening is intense asking around simple mechanical questions. I feel like that's a likely scum!Norwe opening.
In post 297, Bunno wrote:He was
intensely
posting elsewhere during that time by the way.

I've a hard time believing that he would vanish and not look back on this later (he was online at least 3 times by now).
In post 302, Bunno wrote:I suspected norwe of being scum (rightfully) in the first 10 pages of our most recent game

I got sidetracked and ended up keeping it as a pet scum read during the game, but I did notice early something wrong with Norwe's slot.

I'm noticing the same thing here, so if I'm wrong I want him to come around and show me.
I town read bunno but I hate looking at other activity to gauge alignment
. It's scummy.
You tr Bunno but your strongest sr is a player HEALing them but not a player on his wagon?

Please explain that.

Why is my not reading SS’ post scummier to you than a player trying to push through an execution on a claimed gardener?

~M
You did it twice.
It was still an ERROR and 100% NAI.

~M
I found it, actually I think.

It was three times I think, actually, but we'll go with error for now.

It was more than your not reading SS post. I agree that the claim should be left alone for now, but voting to give bunno the bug rn is a bad idea. We need more conversation.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:09 pm

In post 587, Herta wrote:
In post 437, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:Also @Herta, you didn’t answer the OTHER half of my question.

~M
What was the other half?
In post 403, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 397, Herta wrote:
In post 296, Bunno wrote:Actually

VOTE: Norwe

I dunno if bug is scum or just weird, but norwe is sus atm.

It's not the main reason, but notice how he says he's curious about my mech solve, but when we begin discussing it he just vanishes. He was posting elsewhere meanwhile by the way.

I doubt that if he was really curious he wouldn't read and comment on it a bit later, he was online multiple times since that post.

Norwe's opening is intense asking around simple mechanical questions. I feel like that's a likely scum!Norwe opening.
In post 297, Bunno wrote:He was
intensely
posting elsewhere during that time by the way.

I've a hard time believing that he would vanish and not look back on this later (he was online at least 3 times by now).
In post 302, Bunno wrote:I suspected norwe of being scum (rightfully) in the first 10 pages of our most recent game

I got sidetracked and ended up keeping it as a pet scum read during the game, but I did notice early something wrong with Norwe's slot.

I'm noticing the same thing here, so if I'm wrong I want him to come around and show me.
I town read bunno but I hate looking at other activity to gauge alignment
. It's scummy.
You tr Bunno but your strongest sr is a player HEALing them but not a player on his wagon?

Please explain that.

Why is my not reading SS’ post scummier to you than a player trying to push through an execution on a claimed gardener?

~M
I don’t exactly remember rn but I’m assuming it’s probably this one?

~M
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Bunno »

In post 572, Herta wrote:Town!Bunno should have pointed this out because I know very little escapes Bunno.
I'm flattered but I'm not sure what to say, I did notice he was talking as if he was scum!me but why would I point it out? I thought it was self-evident enough.

About that exchange with bugs overall, I don't feel anything bad or weird that I did. He was literally not reading both my/Taly posts but was scum reading me out of a poor understanding of my mech plans.

He didn't read my mech plans, but he began scum reading me from a poorly read/understood notion that my plans were trying to fool town.

I couldn't resist calling him potential dumb town, It's not one of my proudest moments as I don't like to attack the player but I could understand exactly 0 of where he was coming from.

I can at least vaguely understand why it's plausible town!Norwe could be suspicious of me maybe. I didn't understand bug at all though.
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Bunno »

S&M can you vote Norwe please?

I want to get this ball rolling. I feel it's a sin to not vote Norwe here after this recent exchange.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Taly »

haha lord, this micro feels like a large.

"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 580, Bunno wrote:
he literally came to thread when I was asking him a pretty important question (I'm almost winning this game by now and he should stop me if he thinks I'm scum), but rather than doing anything he just left(?) the thread

Even if as town he hadn't realized he should stop me, I feel like he should be attempting something now that I explained how I'm gonna win as scum to him, but still...

I feel like this is a "yes please get over with this already" signal from him. Idk how to interpret it other than that.
This is scummy. 1:00 AM for him and you're doing this.
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Bunno »

Damn I forgot to refer to bugs as "them". Sorry bugs, at least you aren't here to see it.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 590, Bunno wrote:
In post 572, Herta wrote:Town!Bunno should have pointed this out because I know very little escapes Bunno.
I'm flattered but I'm not sure what to say, I did notice he was talking as if he was scum!me but why would I point it out? I thought it was self-evident enough.

About that exchange with bugs overall, I don't feel anything bad or weird that I did. He was literally not reading both my/Taly posts but was scum reading me out of a poor understanding of my mech plans.

He didn't read my mech plans, but he began scum reading me from a poorly read/understood notion that my plans were trying to fool town.

I couldn't resist calling him potential dumb town, It's not one of my proudest moments as I don't like to attack the player but I could understand exactly 0 of where he was coming from.

I can at least vaguely understand why it's plausible town!Norwe could be suspicious of me maybe. I didn't understand bug at all though.
It apparently wasn't self-evident. S&M has spent the last 24 hours not understanding it. You could've helped them out and said, "I think you're looking at this wrong" when you realized they weren't misinterpreting it on purpose. That's why I didn't let it hang any longer. It's obvious they just misunderstood. You admitting that you understood and continued to let them toil in question marks says a lot about you.
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Bunno »

In post 593, Herta wrote:
In post 580, Bunno wrote:

This is scummy. 1:00 AM for him and you're doing this.
You do realize he posted "Ummm" by 00:12 AM, and he replied to me 4 minutes after I posted, therefore the chances he was following the thread are big,
right?

If he had gone to sleep I wouldn't have said anything, it's the fact I could see he was logged in that made me think poorly of it.

First I felt like he kinda lurked without posting between pages 7 ~ 13, but the pattern just keeps repeating itself.

Look I don't know if he changed but in my experience town!Norwe wouldn't let me boss things around like this if he was confident on me being scum. Especially if I was trying to pull one on him like this.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 585, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 572, Herta wrote:
In post 327, bugspray wrote:
In post 323, Bunno wrote:
In post 320, bugspray wrote:pedit
i didnt read any taly posts and skimmed most of yours because a lot of them just were too thick with content i didn't find useful
translation:

You aren't reading the game, neither my posts, but think I'm scum.

I don't use this often, I find it not cool, but you're genuinely dumb or obvious scum.
translation:
You've seen through all of the useless filler posts I've made as scum and know that I'm scum.

I'm really desperate to ruin your credibility but I'm resorting to ad hominem arguments also lmao ur scum

pedit: your tldr needs a tldr
Bugs was writing their translation from a scum!bunno POV. It's easy to see. Just put quotes around the translation part written by Bugs:

"You've seen through all of the useless filler posts I've made as scum and know that I'm scum.

I'm really desperate to ruin your credibility but I'm resorting to ad hominem arguments also lmao ur scum"

Further evidence: Who is the one who resorted to ad hominem? Bunno. Bugs had no reason to put anything about ad hominem in there -- Bugs never used ad hominem.

Even further evidence: The common tactic of mirroring, in this case using "translation" followed by two lines, both ending with the word "scum." The first line is an accusatory statement, and the second is personalized. It's quite poetic really.

The "and" "or" means nothing.

Town!Bunno should have pointed this out because I know very little escapes Bunno.
I’m sorry, I’m still not getting any of this?

~M
Bugs was essentially mocking Bunno. One of them is scum.
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Bunno »

In post 595, Herta wrote:It apparently wasn't self-evident. S&M has spent the last 24 hours not understanding it
I genuinely hadn't noticed it

I'm not reading S&M posts in great detail right now, I'm content with my read on them at the moment, and I don't mesh well with Nancy's logic

i often try to read Nancy for things other than the content she has been putting by itself. Like, rather than the content itself, which rate of consistency and enthusiasm has she been putting in the game?

Things like this.

I've been skimming some of her posts, especially of bugs/mech, because I'm focusing on Norwe atm.

Norwe feels genuinely like caught scum so far.
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Bunno »

I've also been for example skimming Taylor questions to players other than Norwe or myself, unless it's a particularly outstanding post.

You may not have much experience with Norwe, but his behavior to me is intensely scummy. Especially coming out of a semi-recent game where scum!him snowed me by staying-off-radar in thread.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”