Mini Theme 2164: Betrayal Mafia I (Game over!)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4892 (isolation #600) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by DkKoba »

why dont we just flash wagon iks instead
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4916 (isolation #601) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4913, Tsunami Slayer wrote:Let me make it clear.
DO NOT ATTACK OR STEAL FROM ME OTHERWISE YOU ARE SCUM CLAIMING

;)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4917 (isolation #602) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

me about to scum claim... :woozy:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4919 (isolation #603) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

shit :flushed:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4920 (isolation #604) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

being clear is fun lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4921 (isolation #605) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

random unclear: lol if u do this ur autoscum
me, mechanically clear: bet
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4924 (isolation #606) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

now i wanna know
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4927 (isolation #607) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4925, the worst wrote:want me to punch iks in the face with it?
well ur on IKS punching duty tonight so
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4928 (isolation #608) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by DkKoba »

fuck it VOTE: cakez
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4944 (isolation #609) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:30 am

Post by DkKoba »

cakez is town but i seriously don't give a shit anymore
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4949 (isolation #610) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

@iks replacement please instant claim your actions upon replacing in. Not doing so is a scumclaim
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4950 (isolation #611) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

(His prod is up right?) Sorry if that was too early
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4952 (isolation #612) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

oops
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4960 (isolation #613) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4957, Tsunami Slayer wrote:I want the claimed actions.
-tsunami
you're the last one to demand that considering you hiding them
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4962 (isolation #614) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i meant that you were hiding them
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4965 (isolation #615) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

so u still havent claimed n0 action!!
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4968 (isolation #616) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ya u deffo dead tonight
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4973 (isolation #617) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:44 pm

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: iks

flash wagon
flash wagon
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4981 (isolation #618) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:26 am

Post by DkKoba »

no one cares abt u getting attacked nora lol

cakez and worst are literally leashed to eachother
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5049 (isolation #619) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

gg. except to abr who was too salty that i rolled good rolls and ragequit.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5050 (isolation #620) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

sorry nora

u did really play pro scun wrt mechs and i wanted rly badly to just policy u and i will maintain that

but i really did get hard distracted by ur slot and was missing the bigger picture.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5055 (isolation #621) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

i know my attempts werent as good as they could have been but thats because i didnt have time to spend making a spreadsheet what I did end up setting up at the end was autowin and we didnt even need mechs when 2 of the scum were extremely obvious(lavar and abr)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5058 (isolation #622) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:02 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5057, Flavor Leaf wrote:That was fun.

I tried making Nora sense like a partner.
nora was independently just straight up antitown with her actions. personally i just ignore confscum lines lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5064 (isolation #623) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

u replaced out right as u learned that u were conf scum from my ability lol that was grimy and dont ever play with me again because you wasted all of our time. u coulda just stayed in the game and took the elim but instead u make us wait
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5072 (isolation #624) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:31 am

Post by DkKoba »

my pronounsare theythem
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5073 (isolation #625) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:31 am

Post by DkKoba »

lavar was scummy d3. if lavar didnt try to farm towncred no one would have thought to attack him. once he annoucned the sword he needed to give it up to gamma / a clear
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5076 (isolation #626) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

ppl thought u did more than just ragequit a game and were actively trying to manipulate the game state with the replace out... when u were conf guilty
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5080 (isolation #627) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

i told u pls use they them for me albert im not going to ask u again
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5082 (isolation #628) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

weird how ur personality clash seems to be exacerbated in relation to my identity as a nonbinary person :shifty:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5083 (isolation #629) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

anyways
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5085 (isolation #630) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

i honestly was really hurt when ppl just shit on me for trying to mech solve and the response to me trying to think up a plan was that i was "scum" or that i was "stupid" for missing one piece of info instead of helping me solve. really reduced my enjoyment of the game and led to me just being complacent the last day and not really caring. if you're going to join a mech game and just going to shit on people trying to solve the game mechanically.

felt like a few times it nearly crossed the line where i was just being borderline gaslit and being told i dont know anything abt the mechs for making a single mistake.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5086 (isolation #631) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

and yeah im talking partially to you PP. i was actually very happy when you replaced out because i was very upset at seeing part 2 of how you treated me in guns n shrapnel
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5088 (isolation #632) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5029, lilith2013 wrote:Some comments on the game:

This was the first game I've ever designed. Like the game it's based on, I think it's very swingy, but the intent was to create a mafia game that was fun/new/cool, and I hope that I achieved that. I apologize if the game didn't feel balanced or felt unfair in design, that was not my intent. Unfortunately I think with a setup like this, with so many variables, true balance may not really be achievable.

I'm definitely open to
constructive
criticism - I'd like to run more of these at some point in the future, and I am woefully inexperienced at setup balance. Some of the things that happened in this game I also didn't foresee, like people being confirmable on whether or not they had destroyed a lab, and that (among other things I didn't foresee) probably led to the game being more townsided than I had intended. Feedback is much appreciated.

add another scum and/or perhaps some sort of antiswing for dead scum such as a venge
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5089 (isolation #633) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also perhaps have "hidden" labs
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5092 (isolation #634) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5090, PenguinPower wrote:I’m gonna mostly hold my tongue here, but you replaced into this game knowing I was in it and that I don’t think you’re a mechsolving wizard. Not sure what you expected from me when you tried to posit a mechsolve.
i actually dont check playerlists before replacing into games. Just because I'm not a "mechsolving wizard" doesnt mean i cant make valid points. Not sure what you were looking for from a mechsolve but it sounds more like you just didnt want one at all and/or just don't like me on a personal level and are just using this as an excuse to be an asshole to me. You never offered any solutions only complained so it was also on top of everything just straight up annoying.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5093 (isolation #635) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5091, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Theres only one reason I replaced out and it had everything to do with one player. I'm happy to stay and troll the rest of you until I flip lol
I'm not sure what I did prior to this game because all I did this game was correctly scumread you.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5105 (isolation #636) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

thats fine but just admit youre not actually trying to win at that point. theres nothing more annoying than a person who makes complaints and offers 0 solutions
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5107 (isolation #637) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i know my approach is aggressive and ive been knocking it down and adjusting it at a game by game basis and its a work in progress but to pretend like im the only one who has faults in every game ever is reductive.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5110 (isolation #638) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5109, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Dk you played a good game and you'll find it only gets better with more friendliness. Playing to win also means talking to people so they'll listen. You don't solve a game by knowing the answer, you solve it by bringing everyone along for the ride
thanks. i feel bad that i fos'd u i was paranoid of literally everyone who was towny bc i was looking for "the voice". i was i guess frustrated to not be trusted with the info i had and the fact i didnt trust the one person who was actually also trying to mechsolve didnt help(cm1).

im working on the friendliness thing, im a bit prideful in how i approach things and i expect people to at least in good faith dissect WHY i might be wrong with something rather than just dismiss me which was really wearing on me ): i was happy to play with u tho, you were a big reason for the town win overall (:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5136 (isolation #639) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5134, SirCakez wrote:Stats could also just not be public
me getting literally the most OP ability n1 and getting healed right up so scum cant instakill me for it lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5146 (isolation #640) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by DkKoba »

one big thing might be to make activating labs a factional thing that's anonymous so that leashing isnt as effective
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5150 (isolation #641) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:09 am

Post by DkKoba »

re: labs if anyone actually activated any in tbe late game we were actually fucked lol. Doctors shouldnt focus on labs at all early game and wait till later game
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5154 (isolation #642) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:22 am

Post by DkKoba »

id like to add on that i think that with the fun factor, making exploration mandatory would be a good step if you dont take any actions. that way theres no leashing or potential of town to choke scum with no lab reveals possible.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5156 (isolation #643) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Wait scum werent allowed to attack partners??
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5158 (isolation #644) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Becoming "conf town" would be a huge asset as you poe down and win with a lab
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5162 (isolation #645) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

by conf town in quotes i meant "almost nearly town"
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5167 (isolation #646) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

I thought the whole game that the worst was taunting us and openly trolling as scum knowing that they were on a path to win and i was hella paranoid of that.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5178 (isolation #647) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Love the part where i look into PTs and see me getting misgendered!!
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5180 (isolation #648) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5179, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Sorry if I ever misgendered. And sorry for any part I had in frustrating those in the dead thread, was not my intention. I had a good time with this one.
Oh i meant the ones who clearly intentionally dont care
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5184 (isolation #649) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5181, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 5164, Bingle wrote:Agreed. I'd always tell players in my games that scum could target each other with night kills if they asked.
This is also why GF is non-normal. While being counterable, it’s too much of an advantage to be cop-cleared as scum if not operating with that proper paranoia level. It’s comparable to a move or strategy in a competitive game being banned despite counters existing if the counter requires specific action to implement that counter rather than being something that can naturally happen in what the opponent does. I was privy to a few of these calls when I was consistently active in Pokemon Showdown battles, especially when I tried to play OU and Monotype. I didn’t really participate in the decision making but via reading the rulings I got to see the in-depth process of deciding what was so broken it had to be banned.
GF is an amazing open setup role though!!
retired

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”