Newbie 656 Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:47 am

Post by RandomGem »

Artem wrote:I think I'm going to put Drifter at L-2. Not only his "The mafia don't know if I'm a power-role" backtracking after claiming vanilla borders on fishing, his general unhelpfulness and lack of scumhunting rivals that of RandomGem.
That's hurtful. :cry:
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.
lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:16 am

Post by lifeofpie »

Random hasn't been that bad...

Random at least seems to put in some readable, understandable comments.

If you don't like macs, tough luck.
Drifter
Drifter
Townie
Drifter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Drifter »

Artem wrote:I think I'm going to put Drifter at L-2. Not only his "The mafia don't know if I'm a power-role" backtracking after claiming vanilla borders on fishing, his general unhelpfulness and lack of scumhunting rivals that of RandomGem.

Unvote; vote Drifter

Some questions for Drifter:
1. Why did you ask about a deadline in 134, when you were already told the answer in 75?
2. Who do you find most suspcious? Why?
3. What is the meaning/purpose of your 192? The only thing I see coming out it is major WIFOM.
ah not the deadline thing again, from what I can remember I wasn't given a clear answer the first time. I was told that there MAY be a deadline so excuse me for wanting to have all the information.

As I have said I suspect life of pie for IMMEDIATELY starting a bandwagon on me. So as I used the wrong word last time:

vote life of pie

As for people being sus of Fenchurch, wel I understand 'trust nobody' but tbh I'm not really sus of her. In fact I would say she is the closest to a confirmed innocent we have.

Your complaining about my play, wel choose who you want to vote off and we will see who has been more useful for the townies when I end up lynching a mafia and all of you end up voting off an innocent (which will happen if you vote me off). Then I will be able to complain about your poor play. Why not take it just a little less seriously tho, it is supposed to be fun amirite?
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:05 am

Post by RandomGem »

lifeofpie wrote:Random hasn't been that bad...

Buddying up? :P

Mallick has replaced Sion. But I haven't seen him post. So I'm gonna vote for him.
Vote: Mallick

Unofficial
Vote Count as of Post 202

Drifter (3):
lifeofpie, ShadowLurker, Artem

thinktank (1):
Fenchurch

Fenchurch (1):
Chapter 5

lifeofpie (1):
Drifter

Mallick (1):
RandomGem

Not voting (2)
thinktank, Mallick
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:51 am

Post by RandomGem »

EBWOP: Silly me, that unofficial votecount goes to post 203.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:31 am

Post by thinktank »

Fenchruch, I become increasingly more suspicious of you especially as you have a tendency to distort what people say and make it sound scummy. For example, I don't know how you got "Verbose posts are a scum tell" from my post. I said verbose posts under pressure are often times a bad thing because it comes of as defensive. Not that all verbose posts are bad. What you've stated is a gross distortion of my statement and thats a scum tell.

FoS: Fenchurch
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Fenchurch »

thinktank wrote:I said verbose posts under pressure are often times a bad thing because it comes of as defensive.
Your choice of wording is still fuzzy and ambiguous to me. Does your opinion differ from Artem's (post 185), and if so, how?
Do you maintain that being defensive is a scumtell?

And "tendency" is a bit strong; this if the first time that I have tried to look for other meanings in what a player has said.
lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:50 am

Post by lifeofpie »

Drifter wrote:As I have said I suspect life of pie for IMMEDIATELY starting a bandwagon on me. So as I used the wrong word last time:

vote life of pie
I have already addressed this (I think).
RandomGem wrote:

Not you too?! I am merely posting my own, not-so professional opinion. Shut up. Your posts suck, everything you post is scummy, (especially that votecount) and your grammer would kill your mother if she ever saw such filth.
Mallick has replaced Sion. But I haven't seen him post. So I'm gonna vote for him.
Um, why again? Since when is that a reason? We should only go after lurkers (we don't even know if he might be having computer problems) if we really have nothing else to go on.

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:34 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Vote Count as of Post 207

Drifter (3):

thinktank (1):
Fenchurch

Fenchurch (1):
Chapter 5

lifeofpie (1):
Drifter

Mallick (1):
RandomGem

Not voting (2)
thinktank, Mallick
lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:25 am

Post by lifeofpie »

Think, shouldn't you be using your power of vote?

RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by RandomGem »

lifeofpie wrote:
RandomGem wrote:

Not you too?! I am merely posting my own, not-so professional opinion. Shut up. Your posts suck, everything you post is scummy, (especially that votecount) and your grammer would kill your mother if she ever saw such filth.
Only kidding... :?
lifeofpie wrote:
Um, why again? Since when is that a reason? We should only go after lurkers (we don't even know if he might be having computer problems) if we really have nothing else to go on.
I'm not trying to lynch him. I'm just trying to put some pressure on him to get him to post.
chapter 5
chapter 5
Townie
chapter 5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by chapter 5 »

I'm having second thoughts about Fenchurch, but I'm going to keep my vote on for now. I just can't read the other players with enough tenacity yet -- give me a little while longer to root through some posts.
lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by lifeofpie »

RandomGem wrote:
lifeofpie wrote:
RandomGem wrote:

Only kidding... :?
Me too.
lifeofpie wrote:
I'm not trying to lynch him. I'm just trying to put some pressure on him to get him to post.
Eh, I really don't have faith in this system. One vote doesn't really do much in this situation, plus we don't even know if he has access to the boards.

lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by lifeofpie »

EBWOP: Wheeeeeeeeee! Quotefest!

ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:59 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

shaft,ed any news on a replacement for Mallick?

Artem putting his vote on Drifter is very interesting for me, as they're both in my top three for scum (the last one, Mallick, not being here)
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Artem »

ShadowLurker wrote:Artem putting his vote on Drifter is very interesting for me, as they're both in my top three for scum (the last one, Mallick, not being here)
I'm not too fond of players that say "This is interesting..." because it's an attempt to fabricate suspicion without explicit listing of reasons.

If you find me voting Drifter suspicious, then please explain why and address my reasons for voting and Drifter's responses.

@Drifter: Why do you think fenchurch is the closest to a confirmed townie we have?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:45 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Hey everybody, I'm back. Big round of applause for Shaft.ed!
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:04 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Artem wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:Artem putting his vote on Drifter is very interesting for me, as they're both in my top three for scum (the last one, Mallick, not being here)
I'm not too fond of players that say "This is interesting..." because it's an attempt to fabricate suspicion without explicit listing of reasons.

If you find me voting Drifter suspicious, then please explain why and address my reasons for voting and Drifter's responses.
Way to put words in my mouth.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Artem »

ShadowLurker wrote:
Artem wrote:

All the more reason behind why you shouldn't be making such open-ended statements such as "<This and this> is interesting...".

In my (somewhat limited) experience, players use such phrases to cast suspicion on other players without providing any reason behind the suspicion itself.

If your interest is not suspicion, then please elaborate also.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:09 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Welcome back NabNab, and thanks shaft.ed for covering
. It has been a week since Mallick replaced in and he still hasn't posted anything, could we get an update on his status, possibly another replacement? I know shaft.ed mentioned sending out a prod, was this picked up?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Fenchurch »

lifeofpie wrote:@Fenchurch: Buddying up? If you don't like compliments, I'll change my tune.
Your avatar sucks horribly. The angle of it is all wrong, plus I hate that hat. Also, your long posts are exceedingly annoying.
lifeofpie wrote:Not you too?! I am merely posting my own, not-so professional opinion. Shut up. Your posts suck, everything you post is scummy, (especially that votecount) and your grammer would kill your mother if she ever saw such filth.
I don't know whether to read much into it.. but lifeofpie's reaction to the buddying up suggestion seems a little over-the-top to me. My initial accusation was a weak one, and I think a response of "I was just being friendly" would have sufficed. But this switch to posting insults looks a little like trying to cover up the previous behaviour. :?
At any rate, the "joke" response to RandomGem is rude and inappropriate, not especially funny.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:58 am

Post by shaft.ed »

ShadowLurker wrote:shaft,ed any news on a replacement for Mallick?
Mallick picked up his prod the day I sent it. Thanks for the thanks NabNab
chapter 5
chapter 5
Townie
chapter 5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by chapter 5 »

Fenchurch wrote:
Welcome back NabNab, and thanks shaft.ed for covering
. It has been a week since Mallick replaced in and he still hasn't posted anything, could we get an update on his status, possibly another replacement? I know shaft.ed mentioned sending out a prod, was this picked up?
Totally agree with this.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Vote Count as of Post 222

Drifter (3):

thinktank (1):
Fenchurch

Fenchurch (1):
Chapter 5

lifeofpie (1):
Drifter

Mallick (1):
RandomGem

Not voting (2)
thinktank, Mallick

Mallick is receiving his final warning.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:45 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Artem wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:
Artem wrote:

All the more reason behind why you shouldn't be making such open-ended statements such as "<This and this> is interesting...".

In my (somewhat limited) experience, players use such phrases to cast suspicion on other players without providing any reason behind the suspicion itself.

If your interest is not suspicion, then please elaborate also.
It's exactly what I said it was. It's interesting, not suspicious or townie, something to revisit once we have more information.
Fenchurch wrote:
lifeofpie wrote:@Fenchurch: Buddying up? If you don't like compliments, I'll change my tune.
Your avatar sucks horribly. The angle of it is all wrong, plus I hate that hat. Also, your long posts are exceedingly annoying.
lifeofpie wrote:Not you too?! I am merely posting my own, not-so professional opinion. Shut up. Your posts suck, everything you post is scummy, (especially that votecount) and your grammer would kill your mother if she ever saw such filth.
I don't know whether to read much into it.. but lifeofpie's reaction to the buddying up suggestion seems a little over-the-top to me. My initial accusation was a weak one, and I think a response of "I was just being friendly" would have sufficed. But this switch to posting insults looks a little like trying to cover up the previous behaviour. :?
At any rate, the "joke" response to RandomGem is rude and inappropriate, not especially funny.
lifeofpie was obviously distancing.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”