Chaos Triforce
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Chaos Triforce »

In post 1397, catboi wrote:The deadline's on this page, just under 3 days. You have a stale vote on gamma that no one is following. Even if you don't agree with this vote your current one isn't doing anything.
hm. hmmmmm. HMMMMM.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Intent on superb

-nornorthebear
You THOUGHT you knew what the word "Chaos" meant...
This package contains three tsunamis: Noraa (Bubblybop), Puffilybop, and Squigglybop (names all courtesy of Noraa :D :))
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:12 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1388, Guillotina wrote:Lolwolves for pushing Ari's yeet because he was V/LA
In post 380, superbowl9 wrote:Gonna lurk now so i can help tmrw lmk who we mislim
This here. I dont know if he is aware of the mistake here. “lmk who we
mislim
”.

mislim means wrong elimination lol
Nope I was aware
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:13 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Since there's intent I'm VT. I still have some stuff left to say to ari but you can hammer if you like
Chaos Triforce
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Chaos Triforce »

In post 1402, superbowl9 wrote:I still have some stuff left to say to ari but you can hammer if you like
Talk. If anyone hammers and this flips green, tomorrow I tunnel you. I want to hear what he has to say.

-nornor
This package contains three tsunamis: Noraa (Bubblybop), Puffilybop, and Squigglybop (names all courtesy of Noraa :D :))
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:26 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Drafting up the post, but its long so it will take me a bit. Also I have a midterm at 1:50 I havent studied for so after I post this I will be gone for about an hour
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:30 am

Post by catboi »

Want to be on the record that I still think johnny/chaos/taylor are scummy
Chaos Triforce
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Chaos Triforce »

In post 1405, catboi wrote:Want to be on the record that I still think johnny/chaos/taylor are scummy
good to know sexy prfpc thinks we're scummy :mrgreen:

-nornorthescummybear
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1406, Chaos Triforce wrote:
In post 1405, catboi wrote:Want to be on the record that I still think johnny/chaos/taylor are scummy

-nornorthescummybear
O.o
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:43 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1384, Aristophanes wrote:You want to break up a "townblock" because you worry about their competence, not because you think they are scum.
In post 1384, Aristophanes wrote:So why are Guillotine, DT, and Gamma your top scumreads?
We're doing the exact same thing at this point that I'm telling guillo is bad to do, which is get caught up in details rather than analyzing the full picture of what's going on. I believe you saw things that pinged you as abnormal and found your way to how they were scummy from there, but it doesn't paint a coherent or likely picture of my behavior.

Here's what I'm telling you happened:
Superbowl came into D1 trying to scumhunt, but immediately the thread quality started devolving. He saw that in this gamestate, competent scum would get a free pass to sit back and let town destroy itself. To stop this outcome, he decided to try and elim within those running the town into the ground, then pivot to those who were sitting back and taking advantage of the mess tomorrow.

You can pick off bits and pieces of that story and spin them as scummy, like here:
In post 1385, Aristophanes wrote:You keep asking about agenda and reason for doing it. What is your master plan. Etc. It looks to me like you want to live through D1 and also eliminate a towny. That's scummy enough as a motivation.
But I think if you step back and put all these pieces of "scumminess" you've got into one theory or timeline you'll see that it would make no sense for scum me to act in such a way. When I ask you what my overarching motivation is, the question is not "find me a way in which this action could be scum motivated", it's what do you think is the likely, sensible motivation behind my actions in context. Any week 1 player can find scum or town motivation in any game action.

Your push on me right now, for example - let's use your own words:
In post 1385, Aristophanes wrote:It looks to me like you want to live through D1 and also eliminate a towny. That's scummy enough as a motivation.
Could that explanation be valid? Sure. That's not the question we're asking here though. Does this motivation make sense given the context of your play and the game so far? Clearly it doesn't, and (I hope) everyone in the game right now could tell you that. That's what I mean by getting caught up in "well technically it's a possibility so I'm right!", you lose sight of the greater context to try and focus on "winning" one point. Take your argument above and put it back in the larger context of my play:
In post 380, superbowl9 wrote:Gonna lurk now so i can help tmrw lmk who we mislim
In post 991, superbowl9 wrote:Nah I think I'm just gonna join the lurkers till we elim
According to your theory, why would I post my exact scum strat in main thread instead of just doing it? Inevitably here you will fall back on WIFOM, that I made these posts because I knew they were the very posts scum would not usually make in that scenario, so I could point them out later as evidence. But you're back into the same confirmation bias pattern - "I think you're scum, and your strategy is simply pursuing an easy mislim and surviving till tomorrow" When presented evidence to the contrary, "well it could be WIFOM". I had no chance of convincing you I'm not scum, because you're not openly considering what's likely anymore, you're just finding ways to preserve your initial theory. Whenever you reach the "well it could be WIFOM" stage, it tells me your arguments ran into a contradictiom so you had to flip things around to make it work again.

Another example of you doing this:
In post 1386, Aristophanes wrote:1. The Taylor scumbuddy read.
Sure, it's not high play. We don't all make high play moves. And I'm simply noting it. If you flip town it goes out the window obviously. But it would be negligent of me to not note it
Is it possible I saw my scum buddy being attacked and just made a bad instinctive play to defend her inderectly? Sure. Is that likely what happened? Put yourself in scum's shoes there and ask yourself how many times out of 100 you think you would follow up on your buddy getting attacked like that, at that point in context of the game. We can analyze every single person-person interaction in the thread as a "possible" buddy indicator, but the useful thing to do is to look at interactions you think are LIKELY buddy indicators. You're clearly starting with your conclusion here and working backwards to fill in the evidence.

That's why at the end of the day me pulling out some checkmate logic that you seem to want to prove myself town will never happen and it's a waste of both of our times to pursue that. You need a theory on my behavior being scummy that makes more sense (has more explanatory power) than my alternative from a town perspective, which you have failed to offer. Simply trying to poke holes is no different from what a flat earther does to the globe theory. You're going to argue, "exactly! So you just explain to the flat earthers the facts as to why they're wrong, poke holes in their holes!". But there's an infinite number of holes to poke, and no one will ever be satisified, because at the end of the day
they don't have to do any of the explaining.
When you tell them how gravity actually works, they can say "nahhh, not convincing. I think it's actually electromagnetic forces, can you disprove that?" Same as you ending up in WIFOM world. Go back and look at my interactions with my explanations for my actions in mind, can you honestly say your mishmosh of scum motivations is a better explanatory theory of what was going through my head than what I've got in italics at the top?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:45 am

Post by superbowl9 »

TRULY SORRY for the wall, but the point I'm trying to make is too complex for my feeble mind to put succinctly and truth is I didn't even get to address all of what Ari posted, I'll make another posts on the reads he asked me about if I'm still alive later. Time to go fail my midterm
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1406, Chaos Triforce wrote:

-nornorthescummybear
Good to know? What are you gonna do about it? Also, you read superbowl post, what do you think about it? Are you keeping your vote on Gamma or are you switching to superb? Im interested in your next move here.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1409, superbowl9 wrote:TRULY SORRY for the wall, but the point I'm trying to make is too complex for my feeble mind to put succinctly and truth is I didn't even get to address all of what Ari posted, I'll make another posts on the reads he asked me about if I'm still alive later. Time to go fail my midterm
Good luck with the test!

I appreciate the textwall and look forward to the next one. I'm sorry you're having to put this extra work in, but it goes a long way <3
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Aristophanes »

(I'm still reading the first one here but I wanted to wish you well on the test)
- Jingle
Chaos Triforce
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Chaos Triforce »

In post 1410, Guillotina wrote:Good to know? What are you gonna do about it? Also, you read superbowl post, what do you think about it? Are you keeping your vote on Gamma or are you switching to superb? Im interested in your next move here.
1) why do you care?
2) did I not make it clear enough what I am thinking of doing?

-nornorisannoyed
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

dont be anoynoyed anornor!
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:36 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1412, Aristophanes wrote:(I'm still reading the first one here but I wanted to wish you well on the test)
Thanks I survived!
Chaos Triforce
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Chaos Triforce »

In post 1414, Tayl0r Swift wrote:dont be anoynoyed anornor!
bahaha this goes in my wiki after game ends

-ahappyhappy appynor
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1413, Chaos Triforce wrote:
In post 1410, Guillotina wrote:Good to know? What are you gonna do about it? Also, you read superbowl post, what do you think about it? Are you keeping your vote on Gamma or are you switching to superb? Im interested in your next move here.
1) why do you care?
2) did I not make it clear enough what I am thinking of doing?

-nornorisannoyed
1) I play here
2) No
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1403, Chaos Triforce wrote:
In post 1402, superbowl9 wrote:I still have some stuff left to say to ari but you can hammer if you like
Talk. If anyone hammers and this flips green, tomorrow I tunnel you. I want to hear what he has to say.

-nornor
???
The syntax is a little shaky here I think
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

lol whats with all the grammar read memes lately
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:10 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

only thing you need to be sorry about is not giving a fuck and pretending to be a hotshot and only trying hard after enough people caught on to your bullshit and wants to vote you off. not drafting a wall
Chaos Triforce
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Chaos Triforce »

In post 1418, Gamma Emerald wrote:???
you can go back to being scum :D

-nornor
Chaos Triforce
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Chaos Triforce »

In post 1417, Guillotina wrote:1) I play here
2) No
Im going to here what he has to say, talk with my hydra buddy about superb, and then most likely hammer.

-nornorbear
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1421, Chaos Triforce wrote:
In post 1418, Gamma Emerald wrote:???
you can go back to being scum :D

-nornor
You do know what syntax is

RIGHT?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 1423, Gamma Emerald wrote:You do know what syntax is

RIGHT?
mhm. ur a grammar teacher scum.

-nornorthescumhunter
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE

Return to “Completed Open Games”