Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Marashu »

Spoiler:
A Hannibal Lecture

Official Vote Count 3.03
EliminationWith 5 votes in play, it takes 3 to eliminate someone.

Aristophanes
(2): pob long, chkflip
pob long
(1): Gamma Emerald

Not voting
(2): Aristophanes, catboi

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-12-04 18:37:34).

Mod notes:
:!:
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1823, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why can’t it have been DT?
I'm assuming worst case numberwise because playing without that assumption could lead to us miscalculating.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Aristophanes »

OMG That Joke <3
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by chkflip »

Yay my other game ended and I won as town. Yeehaw.

Okay so basically everyone left is looking at everyone left for up to two scum with Gamma being the only acceptable slot to be universally town read. Good. Good good.

To attempt to postulate that I've been sitting in the back is laughable given how many verbal and non-verbal nudges I've given to literally almost all of you.

For whatever reason cat and I haven't interacted much but he'd be the only one I haven't made attempts at generating alignment indicative content with.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by chkflip »

Clearing Gamma as town pr is okay.
Clearing Astropants as town pr is not.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:12 am

Post by chkflip »

Don't stop playing the game you signed up for right after you call me out for not posting.

Fuckin' figger it out I say.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:59 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1829, chkflip wrote:Clearing Gamma as town pr is okay.
I agree with this. I'm not clearing him based on his claim. I do think it's at least interesting here that at E-1, he didn't just push back onto pob long, which would have been the easy way out, but townread him for what he was doing.

I just had a thought, going to look back real quick.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by catboi »

I cannot for the life of me figure out who here kills drippinggoofball as scum with her havin 6 posts.

I thought reading the reads of people who were killed might give something, but nope. The closest is that DoubtingThomas said it might be worth eliminating pob long on a future day. He had expressed townreads on both Ari and chk so I can't see either killing him for that reason, unless he was PR. I CAN see pob-sk killing off battle mage N1 since he was one of the few people wanting to get rid of pb on day 1.

I kind of think Ari-scum fights harder here if there are votes against him? I'm going to reread everyone real quickly, I realize time's short here.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Yes right, I'm supposed to do things here.

Time is ticking, I suppose I should hop to it.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1829, chkflip wrote:Clearing Gamma as town pr is okay.
I agree with this ftr
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

First off, looking at BM voting patterns, I don't see BM/DT or BM/Guillo being options, and we have Flips/Claims/PoE for the others' roles. Unless DT was an eaten SK, I think we're solidly at 3v1v1 today. Like I was just going off of safety before but I really don't see it as likely. They didn't push other wagons when votes were starting up on Guillo but stayed on DT who had no votes, and when DT got up there he didn't jump off to the counterwagon of BM that sprung up, both things that imply they were not partners.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Also wtf, they almost exclusively interacted with dead players. Wtf is that shit!?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 958, catboi wrote:
In post 778, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 769, catboi wrote:I don't really support a guillotina vote today.
Why not?
Not really easy to explain. My feeling is, may be loud, annoying, distracting, but that doesn't necessarily add up to scummy, even if his case is bad I don't think it's a rabbit hole scum goes down. I also agree with battle mage in that I don't expect scum to pursue a loud, high-impact approach to the game on day 1 in this setup.
In post 790, Battle Mage wrote:I sort of like the progression in Catboi's ISO, as it has the vibe of genuine solving. But it's also pretty cagey and not throwing a lot of shade.

Catboi - who are your top scumreads today?
That's a tricky one to me, I sped through the thread yesterday and my thoughts are a little disorganized. I disliked chaos the most as I felt their posting lacked substance, and their avoidance of actually reading into the thomas/superbowl fight shows a lack of willingness to sort, their main pushes have just been retaliatory toward pob long and gamma, and I didn't really care for their attack on gamma. Had been suspicious of johnny and how he was staying in the background but is seeming a little bit more town. I haven't really cared for anything superbowl has said, when I subbed in the slapfight with DT looked ego-based but he mostly seems keen on voting people for being annoying rather than finding scumreads? Taylor's another one who's been active but not providing much substance.

I see your vote on pob long, but I actually got very slight townvibes from what he posted, at the start of the game people were mostly fluffing around and he came in early with a serious accusation. Not impossible to fake, but absent anything else to read him on, that's town points. That puts him slightly ahead of Aristophanes in my mind, who didn't say much of anything.
This interaction between BM and Catboi seems a little staged almost. Like the "I townread you but you're cagey and not throwing shade" bit is weird and lets Catboi have an easy follow-up with where he interestingly doesn't give a read on BM? Also, starting both sections f the post saying it's hard to explain/do and then explaining/doing exactly what is asked feels like giving oneself an easy out.
In post 1491, catboi wrote:
In post 1481, Chaos Triforce wrote:Bit unfortunate that our uh ... vig chose a townie.

I take it the scums killed Guillo because he hard softed pr yesterday. I remember asking table how to derail Guillo's wagon because of what I perceived as "newbie pr softs"
Vig probs killed BM. As for why, I'm going to go ask and see if table has any thoughts on that.

-nornor
Why are you assuming that the vig kill has to have gone through, and that it had to have been on town? There's 3 killing roles. possible a kill was doubled up on, roleblocke stopped the kill, or someone shot the SK.

However, yes, guillotina softclaimed PR pretty hard yesterday which is why I didn't want to vote him but couldn't really explain it.
In post 1504, catboi wrote:Noraa is on the record as someone who fakes town slips as scum
I'm not fond of the jumo onto Noraa so quickly at the start of D2 either. I mean, the point needed to be made about assuming the kills and whatnot, but I really dislike the "shade and wait" they are performing here. As if to see whether people would vote there before doing it.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1338, Gamma Emerald wrote:okay if ari's scum I'm like a speck of lint in his pocket rn that's how hard it's gonna be to get me out
I'm quoting this entirely unrelated to the current happenings but to remind Gamma why he townread me in the first place and to consider whether it still holds true.
- Jingle
pob long
pob long
Goon
pob long
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by pob long »

In post 1815, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: pob long
Nah fuck this. If you’re town you’re legitimately the shittiest player on the planet. You don’t understand how to communicate effectively AT ALL. You seemed to have issue with my reads but then you act all fucking confused, and are now trying to spin it like I’m making you defend something I said? Fuck off with that gaslighting.
what the hell is this rude ass comment..
pob long
pob long
Goon
pob long
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by pob long »

In post 1816, chkflip wrote:
In post 1811, Gamma Emerald wrote:Is this a wrong concept @catboi/chk?
No, it isn't.

VOTE: Astropants

I've been town reading pob hard.
you have got tobe kidding me
pob long
pob long
Goon
pob long
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by pob long »

In post 1815, Gamma Emerald wrote:You seemed to have issue with my reads but then you act all fucking confused, and are now trying to spin it like I’m making you defend something I said? Fun off with that gas
Im town but your acting like I need to know every answer in the game to know my self Im town
pob long
pob long
Goon
pob long
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by pob long »

some buddy else needs to VOTE: Arsto
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 295, chkflip wrote:Aristophanes. Get back here and sort some shit.

I believe in you.
In post 302, chkflip wrote:
In post 297, Aristophanes wrote: Lol uh sure...

I'll be around dw
I'm not worried. I want to eliminate you from my scum pool, but in order to do that I need to see you work.

Superbowl is town.
I like the way they call me out here and are trying to sort me. Like, chk knows I can easily townit up when I get to it and is asking for exactly that. Following it up with:
In post 836, chkflip wrote:VOTE: Aristophanes

I asked. Now I'm telling. Come play the game you signed up for.
Is really good too, even if they changed votes 2 posts later after they realized I was v/la and Pob was lurking/not posting. The follow through says a lot to me, and that's a common theme with chk.
In post 344, chkflip wrote:FUCKING CASE WHY IT DOESN'T

WHY AM I SAYING THE SAME FUCKING THING TO THREE PEOPLE

Pedit: you're truly just making an effort to shit in my salad rn, aren't you? Read his reply, then my response, to that question.

Jesus, Lord in Heaven, give me strength.
Pedit2: You are all literally the worst.
This feels genuine as frustration to me even if its a little over the top. I've made theses posts as town before.
In post 1183, chkflip wrote:Look at Triforce trying to turn the fake townslip around.

That's cute.

Yeet it into the sun, please.
They say this while actually voting the slot and I really like that more than Catboy not voting the slot they have the same read towardsand instead playing cautiously around a very vocal slot.
In post 1396, chkflip wrote:Why is this wishy washy bullshit still breathing in my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Intent to not hammer erbow.
This follow-up tells me a lot. The insistence on Chaos is good, and the "intent to not hammer" is a good quip that I don't expect from scum, but the real bit that's not going to come from scum (with few exceptions, like RadCow for example), is "My Game".
MY Game
MY GAME
I think chk
could
feasibly have the ego for this as scum, but I do not think they ever do in practice. This is more "get out so I can play properly and catch scum" frustration imo and I think it rings very towny.
In post 1429, chkflip wrote:I fucking promise you erbow flips green.

This iiiiiiiiis super dumb.
I quoted this and forget why. It doesn't read as TMI despite being confident and correct. That was probably why.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1220, DoubtingThomas wrote:should I die, Gamma-Ari-Guillo form town core and go from there. maybe you can discuss to add chaos. i am overcommitted now that couple other games i in'ed started so dying is fine this is fine

A dead townie with good, sheepable reads <3

There's a lot of good reads in the thread here! Too bad they's deaded.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1842, pob long wrote:some buddy else needs to VOTE: Arsto
Why, you scared? ;)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1841, pob long wrote:
In post 1815, Gamma Emerald wrote:You seemed to have issue with my reads but then you act all fucking confused, and are now trying to spin it like I’m making you defend something I said? Fun off with that gas
Im town but your acting like I need to know every answer in the game to know my self Im town
"Fun off with that gas"

What was the point of changing this??

And I mean, you're frustrating to understand, you must know that. Sure we can put pieces together and try to solve your word puzzles, but like, it's not a convincing way to play, pob long. You must know this.
- Jingle
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1832, catboi wrote:I CAN see pob-sk killing off battle mage N1 since he was one of the few people wanting to get rid of pb on day 1.
I claimed the bm kill so I hope your suggesting me and pob both targeted BM n1
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1838, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1338, Gamma Emerald wrote:okay if ari's scum I'm like a speck of lint in his pocket rn that's how hard it's gonna be to get me out
I'm quoting this entirely unrelated to the current happenings but to remind Gamma why he townread me in the first place and to consider whether it still holds true.
yeah it hasn't really changed and is part of why I don't think limming you rn is the best move
pob hasn't really done anything to help, he's lurked and when he has been present he's said absolute nonsense
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1848, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1838, Aristophanes wrote:
yeah it hasn't really changed and is part of why I don't think limming you rn is the best move
pob hasn't really done anything to help, he's lurked and when he has been present he's said absolute nonsense
Yeah, and somehow it seems to be becoming more nonsensical/tangental as we get closer to deadline??
- Jingle

Return to “Completed Open Games”