Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3100 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 3092, DrippingGoofball wrote:Umlaut was the NK??????????????????????????????????????
Why are you so surprised?? Umlaut so bleeding town. It was unbelievably obvious.

DGB is probably the best bet imho for scum. Best pool tor today includes {DGB, IV, unwnd, ABR, NPOM}. Off the table for me are {Vax, Gamma, Starbuck} today. DGB is my preference.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:38 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 3100, Glitch wrote:
In post 3092, DrippingGoofball wrote:Umlaut was the NK??????????????????????????????????????
Why are you so surprised?? Umlaut so bleeding town. It was unbelievably obvious.

DGB is probably the best bet imho for scum. Best pool tor today includes {DGB, IV, unwnd, ABR, NPOM}. Off the table for me are {Vax, Gamma, Starbuck} today. DGB is my preference.
okay dgb now will you vote for glitch?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:39 am

this almost reads like glitch is like offended that dgb is insulting the kill choice, lol
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 3098, innocentvillager wrote:dgb would you consider voting glitch?
If you have an actual argument then we can discuss things but honestly if you just want to lynch another lurker every day until game over its not going to end up with a win. Scum will hop on that so fast and run with it.

If you're actually town I have higher expectations of you to actually try to engage me and attempt to sort me rather than just advocate my lynch because I'm not active enough for you. That's cheap reasoning for town (no offense) and you can do better. Lynching lurkers has landed us where we are.

What are some actual reasons you think I'm scummy that aren't "he's a lurker?"
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:41 am

I don’t get the sense that you care about solving the game. your pop ins are like “barely enough” to keep up the activity. Scum you doesn’t need to try, you’re doing pretty well. But the occasional, periodically spaced popins are robotic and have no interesting content in them
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 3102, innocentvillager wrote:this almost reads like glitch is like offended that dgb is insulting the kill choice, lol
Umlaut was my top TR, and I expect slots who are heavily TR'd to be on the chopping block. Umlaut had good standing with a lot of players, so why is DGB surprised?? It comes across as scum theater overreacting to try and look town.

Playing scum requires walking a fine line between looking not too scummy and not too towny. If you're too towny then everyone will wonder why you haven't died. If you're too scummy everyone will vote you off.

Umlaut was not balanced like that. Obvtown = not a surprising kill
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:43 am

In post 3103, Glitch wrote:Lynching lurkers has landed us where we are.
lol what? you mean, it wasn’t the previous two elims?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:44 am

In post 3100, Glitch wrote:Umlaut so bleeding town. It was unbelievably obvious.
this was, uh, very strong language

yes he was one of the towniest slots in the game, but going further than that seems remarkably tmi.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:44 am

also RL aside: hope your anniversary went well!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:45 am

dgb and unwnd probably town. More confidence in the former rn
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:46 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 3086, NoPowerOverMe wrote:VOTE: gamma emerald

Has been on all three town wagons
This is the best post so far made this phase
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:46 am

Post by unwnd »

I mean, that is clearly a reason

But there are more reasons
Stop
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:47 am

In post 3075, Albert B. Rampage wrote:im not excited to play this game anymore
is it just because we’re losing? isn’t part of the fun in this game to take a losing game and turn it around?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:47 am

Post by unwnd »

ABR is feigning, don't worry about it
Stop
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:48 am

unwnd can you share your thoughts?

Gamma has been like... fine in my eyes but their activity dropping off a cliff lately looks meh. So I’m willing to reconsider them

still think emotional scumrange he leans town, as we discussed before briefly
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:48 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3098, innocentvillager wrote:dgb would you consider voting glitch?
Convince me.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:49 am

In post 3102, innocentvillager wrote:this almost reads like glitch is like offended that dgb is insulting the kill choice, lol
Right? Like the scum shot Umlaut because THEY thought Umlaut was the towniest.

I never held that opinion, personally.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:50 am

does anything about glitch seem like, townie? i feel like this is just one of those textbook scum slots. Nothing crazy sticking out. Lower activity than normal but not completely gone because team is doing well, so why replace out. Complains periodically about the game moving too fast and not being able to catch up. No interesting takes. Has been passive and in “commentary mode” all game, doesn’t really care about his solves or his pushes or have much interesting content
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 3104, innocentvillager wrote:I don’t get the sense that you care about solving the game. your pop ins are like “barely enough” to keep up the activity. Scum you doesn’t need to try, you’re doing pretty well. But the occasional, periodically spaced popins are robotic and have no interesting content in them
I can appreciate this. "Glitch is lurker let's lynch him," just seems lazy and scummy. This seems like a case with thought behind it rather than being shallow and looking for an easy lynch.

Your point is fine, I understand that my low activity can come across that way. Unfortunately I just haven't had the time to high effort it this game, and believe me, town and scum glitch both prefer high efforting.

My solve right now is based off of slots that have pinged me throughout the game. You particularly pinged me early game but in the latter half have stepped it up a bit I'm my TR department xD. DGB has been consistently questionable, however, and my experience with her makes me question her more just because I've seen her as town be scum MVP and I don't see it yet particularly with no scum flips. I feel like by POE she comes out as the best elim though.

Vaxkiller is bleeding town as well. That slot is so incredibly town I don't think the scum would have a chance to get a wagon to go through on that slot.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:52 am

There is probably nothing individually AI in there. It is simply the aggregate profile of the classic textbook scum and the kind that raises red flags the most for me. there are some scum who break this mold and admittedly they are harder to read for me. But I feel like this slot is starting to fit the mold, the more I look at it, and the more the pool dwindles down
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:53 am

Theoretical question, so to speak, addressed to everyone:

- How do you expect scum to react to a Guillo's claim?

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:54 am

Post by unwnd »

Look at Gamma and the fact he isn't here right now and that should already be a good start.

I did an extensive dive on a few players and I'm very convinced that Gamma is just scum here. As another point, look at the way he has participated throughout the last day and previous days. His posts reads like scum who feels isolated from a town mindset, therefore he just surrounds himself in the noise in order to fit in. It's not that you need to be provcating a lim or that aggression is inherently townie, it is how you use it. I believe that even the most passive townies are driven by some sort of pursuit and has a measure to get to their reads. Gamma changes his mind based on what the thread is doing and nothing else. This is especially bad if you know Gamma. Town are not afraid to make critical positions in the thread even if someone disagrees. Gamma has just been finding him in the middle of conversations to hide, then when it seems like nobody is paying attention he justifies a poor vote onto the leading wagon repeat this for 3 days
Stop
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:54 am

In post 3117, innocentvillager wrote:does anything about glitch seem like, townie? i feel like this is just one of those textbook scum slots. Nothing crazy sticking out. Lower activity than normal but not completely gone because team is doing well, so why replace out. Complains periodically about the game moving too fast and not being able to catch up. No interesting takes. Has been passive and in “commentary mode” all game, doesn’t really care about his solves or his pushes or have much interesting content
Could be.

I want to look at everyone again. I want to re read the game.

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:54 am

idk, I do get into these confbiased tunnels sometimes on this specific kind of scum. It is possible that glitch just has this style as either alignment. Nevertheless I think this is a good wagon.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:55 am

In post 3121, unwnd wrote:Look at Gamma and the fact he isn't here right now and that should already be a good start.

I did an extensive dive on a few players and I'm very convinced that Gamma is just scum here. As another point, look at the way he has participated throughout the last day and previous days. His posts reads like scum who feels isolated from a town mindset, therefore he just surrounds himself in the noise in order to fit in. It's not that you need to be provcating a lim or that aggression is inherently townie, it is how you use it. I believe that even the most passive townies are driven by some sort of pursuit and has a measure to get to their reads. Gamma changes his mind based on what the thread is doing and nothing else. This is especially bad if you know Gamma. Town are not afraid to make critical positions in the thread even if someone disagrees. Gamma has just been finding him in the middle of conversations to hide, then when it seems like nobody is paying attention he justifies a poor vote onto the leading wagon repeat this for 3 days
]

You may be onto something, do you have examples?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”